Airport

Finding Yourself in Seoul

“Ughhh, jet lag really ..” you sloppily muttered. You were finally in Korea. You got accepted to dance and train at one of the top dancing camps in the world! It was unbelievable, you never would have gotten accepted if you didn’t submit a video of you dancing to get a free-ride scholarship. Your best friend was the one to push you to apply, you never thought you were good enough and were shockingly surprised when you got the acceptance letter in the mail. Your parents were pleased with your promising talent but were worried about you being in one of the biggest cities in the world. Of course it was too great of an offer to pass up anyways.

Exiting the plane, you bowed quickly as you passed the flight attendant, and your phone to read the missed text messages to catch up on. When your phone loaded you saw a text from your best friend saying;

“OMG, are you there already? I’m SOOOOO excited for you!! I know you’ll work hard and learn so much! :) Remember
to keep me updated and try not to get lost!!!! Love you! :)”

You smiled at the text, she knew your horrible sense of direction better than anyone. And with that reminder, you immediately went straight for the map to find the taxi pickup place. After finding where to go and even taking a picture of it on your phone so you really wouldn’t get lost, you headed off. You were stunned at how crowded the airport was, people of all ages and styles were rushing past you.

A girl you guessed around your age passed by you with an extremely cute outfit, you turned your head to look at it, trying to get a better note of your next purchase. Suddenly you ran right into someone, the force of slamming into the person pushed you down and you landed hardly on your . Knocking your suitcase over in the process.

“Oh my god, seriously watch out where you’re going you moronic tourist,” you heard a gruff voice yell.

You grimaced, rubbing your back with your eyes closed, as you opened them you were met with the person you ran into. Your eyes widened at just how absolutely gorgeous he was. He looked like an angry prince. His eyebrows were furrowed, and his smouldering eyes seemed to bore into your soul. “I’m so sorry!” you got up quickly, starting to pick up his things and bowing at the same time.

“If anything’s broken, it’ll be more expensive than your life,” he snapped back at you, tugging his baseball cap over his head. What a shame though, it was now covering his silky brown hair, random pieces were just a bit longer than the rest creating a perfectly messy but controlled look.

You tried not to put what he said about you against him, as he could just be having a bad day and this obviously was not helping, “I’m so sorry once again! I should have been more careful!”

“Get out of my way!” he growled, and plowed past you. He ran into your shoulder, spinning you around and facing the direction he was heading.

You pouted, “It was just an accident...” Taking some time to regroup after that awkward incident with the stranger, you checked your phone for any new messages. None. The time was almost two o’clock in the afternoon and you had to be at the main dance room at 3:30. Pushing what just happened out of your head, you made your way outside and called down a taxi.

Climbing into the shiny black leather seats, you gave the instructions to the driver on where to go. You stared out the window on the way there, gawking like a true tourist. Your mind wandered back to what he said, why was he so rude about it?? I thought they usually liked foreigners... Fortunately the many shops and tall towers kept you distracted the rest of the way, everything seemed so intricate and endless, like you could find something new every single day for the rest of your life here. You liked that, it was different from the town you came from where nothing seemed to change since you were a little kid.

As the taxi arrived at the building,
you decided that it looked like it was  definitely one of the biggest ones you saw so far. It was a pristine white, the many windows glistening from the sun. You paid the driver, grabbed your bags and stopped right before the entrance. I need to believe in myself. Taking a deep breath and plastering a smile on your face, you stepped into the building.

You walked to the wide smooth crystal desk where receptionist was, waiting for her to end her call. “Hello, I’m apart of the dance camp here this summer, I was wondering where the main dance room is?”

“Floor 20, room 353B,” she replied without even looking up.

Geesh.. Why are people so unfriendly to you today! There was a small frown on your face as you heaved your bags on your shoulders once again.

You arrived to that floor, wandering the halls for the room, and squinting your eyes at the numbers displayed outside each one, “Room 350B... Room351B... Room352B... There!” you said with satisfaction.

You slowly turn the door knob and walk into the brightly lit room, there was only a couple people there so far, and they all turned around to look at you. You smiled at everyone, starting to look at everyone from the left side of the room to the right. The first person you happened to make eye contact with was the same guy you slammed into the airport.  He didn't seemed to please with your
appearance.