Flashbacks & Butterflies

Finding Yourself in Seoul

“OH. MY. GOD. What are you two doing?” Eun Bi said delightedly and with volume, she was starting to jump up and down with uncontrollable excitement. “Well...? SPILL IT.”

 

 

It took your mind to process the position you and Kai were in. It didn’t exactly look innocent. You suddenly shoved him off with more force than you actually meant and heard a muffled grunt from him. Trying to laugh the awkwardness away, you took a step forward to see Eun Bi more clearly. She was still jumping up and down excitedly.

 

You needed to clean this mess up. in a quick breath, you turned towards Kai; who was apparently still recovering. rubbing the back of his neck. “You, out,” You commanded at once. Grabbing his elbow while simultaneously opening the door and without another word, offering him a weak smile before shutting the door in his face.

 

 

 

 

“What the hell was that about?” Kai mumbled to himself while walking down the quiet hallway, and into the elevator in order to grab a quick breakfast.

 

Kai partly let himself in your room to actually get his phone, but he also wanted to see how you’d react. He didn’t expect your annoying roommate to ruin it. He shook the hair out of his eyes with slight irritation. Kai didn’t want to admit to himself that he was starting to like you. “Feelings get in the way,” he had told himself last night while waiting for you at the club. But it instantly changed when he saw you, his heart had instantly beat faster. He couldn’t even seem to control his jealousy when Luhan took you to dance. Kai couldn’t let go the natural attraction the two of you had either. It felt like the both of you were magnets, which caused you to clash almost constantly but still be drawn to each other. Still, he’s followed his feelings before and it turned out terribly the last time.

 

 

 

 

“Eun Bi, it’s really not what you think,” you weakly offered again. For the past ten minutes Eun Bi had been pacing around the room, freaking out about last night. She wanted information, and you knew she was going to get it even if it meant asking Kai himself. You eventually spilled everything a bit after you kicked Kai out.

 

“So you kissed him?!” she squealed with joy and sunk down to the floor like a lovesick bird.

 

“Well,” your eyebrows furrowed, “he actually kissed me. But it was nothing , just in the heat of the moment.”

 

Eun Bi stuck her nose in the air, “I refuse to believe it. What I saw when you two came crashing in was definitely not nothing,” she declared.

 

“Whatever you want to think Eun Bi, but we hate each other remember? Besides what should I do about his phone?”

 

A small smirk arose on her face, “You want to know what I’d do?”

 

“I really don’t know what else to do, so yeah, I’m kind of helpless here.”

 

“Simple. Delete the text from Luhan. Then you’ll know if one; Kai really likes you and two; which one likes you more,” she answered, grinning evilly.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

After the little chat you had with Eun Bi, you and her decided to go practice early in one of the private dance rooms before class started.

 

You told her that she would be the one to delete the text because you already felt guilty enough just knowing about it. Along the way there, Eun Bi was practically begging you to relay every small detail you could. She had even asked what kind of shoes Kai was wearing. You shushed her quickly and told her you’d tell her once you guys start stretching. You really didn’t want any rumors going around, especially one so scandalous.

 

Both of you sat in the middle of the freshly-waxed floor, facing each other. You started off by telling her about the drink Kai ordered for you, wincing while doing so because of your sore, cramped muscles.

 

She, of course was all too familiar with the common club drinks. She told you not to worry, that it was water, mostly. Which is almost exactly what Kai had said the night before. Then you described how utterly gorgeous Kai looked and how stunning Luhan did as well. She unavoidably fangirled, while you felt a blush creep to your face.

 

You told her how Luhan chivalrously asked you to dance, and how Kai madly stole you away. Skipping some of the more intimate parts though; like the closeness of you and Kai, and the soft, light featherness of his hair, and how his lips tasted against yours. All the details you didn’t want to share, were oddly enough all with Kai. You weren’t sure what that meant.

 

“So then, I looked for hours and hours and just couldn’t find him. I thought he must have found his way out and went back to his dorm, or had even gone to another club. I don’t know. I guess I don’t know him to well,” you admitted in a solemn-like manner.

 

“You’re right,” Eun Bi pointed out as she bent deeply into the splits. “But no one really does here, he’s always been mysterious,” she said, pondering slightly. She smirked and added, “Which is probably why he’s so popular with the ladies.”

 

You rolled your eyes and stood up. “Anyways, that’s that. Let’s not bring it up again, at least not in public?”

 

“Aye aye Cap’n’!” she said cheekily, saluting you as well.

 

You checked the clock, class was going to start in ten minutes and you wanted to get a good spot on the floor. “Kaja,” you said at last, and helped Eun Bi get up.

 

 

As the two of you were walking to the main dance room, you saw a bunch of the dancers crowded around Kai’s roommate. Eun Bi always having to know what was going on, practically dragged you to where they were huddled.

 

“So what room is it in?” one of the dancers asked him.

 

An excited smile filled his face, “Oh, you’ll know.”
 

“What time?” another one asked.

 

“Door opens at 10:30 but it won’t get busy until almost midnight.”

 

Then, all of the sudden Director-Nim walked by and everyone instantly split. Eun Bi quickly grabbed her friend, Jae Hee, and pulled her aside next to you.

 

“What’s going on?” She said with a rushed whisper.

 

Jae Hee quickly looked around, making sure there was no unwanted ears listening. “Well, it looks like Kai is throwing a party tonight in one of the private dance rooms. There’s supposed to be a ton of his friends too,” she enthusiastically exclaimed as quietly as she could. “Keep it on the down-low though, we don’t want this one busted.” Eun Bi nodded seriously and then clapped with animation. “One more thing,” Jae Hee continued, “Make sure you ask Kai if it’s okay you come. I got the invite from his roommate so I’m set. Hope to see you there!” she called out, starting to walk to the dance room.

 

 

Eun Bi was about to jump up and down from excitement again, but you firmly anchored her down with your hand.

 

“You have to ask Kai for us, okay?” she cheerfully commanded.

 

“Why me?” you said, almost whining.

 

“You know him better. Physically too, I might add,” she said with a wink. You rolled your eyes in response. “Apart from that, you still have to give him his phone back so why not then,” she reasoned and pointed to his phone nestled snugly in your hand.

 

“I guess you’re right,” you trailed off.

 

“I’m always right,” she said smugly.

 

Sparks of nervousness and anticipation filled your body, it felt like little nails clinking around in your stomach. You walked the last few steps into the room and you could almost feel butterflies.

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone :3

I first off, wanted to tell you I finished this chapter while traveling back home in a plane,

which I think is one of the best places to write so that was nice c:

And Exo's comeback, yeah???

Wolf isn't my favorite song... but I love the rest of their album and I know the boys worked hard :')
Thank you for waiting patiently as well, it really means a lot ^^~

AND for over 1,000 views!! I know some people probably don't think it's much...

But it means A TON to me, and you guys rock okay. I'm overjoyed. :')

I'll work dilegently to get the next chapter out ^^

 

<3 always- Minji~