Things Ignored

We Found Love in a Hopeless Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Shin Hye descended the stairs and recessed in mid step only to realize that she could spare the time to step out for a moment. The absence of being outdoors had begun to unsettle her as she contemplated it and without wavering, she made her way out the front door. The front sod to the mansion also held a garden of dark red roses, some of the thorn vines descending past the top floor. To her good fortune Mr. Kang, the gardener toiled about the large bushes of red thorn roses, taking whatever dead stem or pedal had weakened and died. Optimistically she approached him with a warm greeting and quietly stood at his side observing his work. His white covered set of hair reminded her of Yong Hwa’s father, along with the saddened grey eyes. Of course, none of that fooled her, for he was a rather cheerful man. She knew very well that he was the only man that knew about where she stole off to at night, but both preferred never to approach the subject. Shin Hye found it healthier this way, the last thing she sought was for word to get to her husband.

“How are the roses coming about?” Shin Hye asked, sitting her hands behind her back.

“Just lovely, they bloom prettier every day.” he replied, as he bend forward to pull a couple of weeds from the thorny bush.

“How is our young Master recovering?”

“He recovers his strength day by day, his progress moves quickly.” Shin Hye felt the wind gush and savored the fresh hair invading everything in its path. So lifting her gaze to the sky, she observed the clouds growing dark.

It had not rained in a couple of days and she always loved sitting near her windowsill listening to the rain as she painted yet another portrait.

“The rain will help in watering the plants this evening,” she then said.

“Takes all the work off my hands my lady and it takes yours as well, your garden will be well watered today as well.” He said.

So the truth comes forth, she thought. The only response she gave him was a smile as she proceeded to avoid the subject and ask many questions about various flowers she was fond of. She came to find that Mr. Kang was an easy man to talk to and spent almost the hour outside soaking in whatever sun light was shining through the dark gray clouds. To close, she excused herself from his side and sauntered inside to ensure that her husband as well. Shin Hye felt there was no longer the need to knock on his study door and turned the knob to walk in unexpected. To her revelation, Seo Hyun sat on top of his bureau while she ran her slender fingers through his dark lock of hair. His regard shifted to fasten with hers and Seo Hyun followed turning over her shoulder to glower in her direction.

The atmosphere abruptly grew immensely profuse as Shin Hye tried to breathe as sturdy as she could. twitched as she fought to surface words to break the tension in the air. Her mind scrambled about and for only a moment did she closed her eyes, and took a deep breath. There would be unquestionably no shying around this woman, Shin Hye had to grow accustom to seeing them like this.

“Is there something you might need?” Yong Hwa asked.

His hand lifted only to gently pull Seo Hyun’s hand away from his hair. Shin Hye watched the way he carefully placed it over her lap and pulled away from her grasp.

“I was going to ask the same question.” She whispered.

“He is preoccupied at the moment.” Seo Hyun replied, before Yong Hwa could respond.

A small growl rumbled at as she pressed her lips into a thin line and bit down on the smart remark she wanted to blurt out. Instead, she waited on his reply still and ignored hers.

“I am a bit hungry.” He said.

With a single nod, Shin Hye made her way toward him as he pushed away from his bureau.

“Darling, allow me to assist you, after all I am to be your wife soon.” Seo Hyun intruded.

She stood in Shin Hye’s way and gave her back to her as she reached over to grasp him in her arms. At her approach, Yong Hwa stopped her and rejected her aid as he looked over Seo Hyun’s shoulder to where Shin Hye stood.

“Please, do not fret, after all Shin Hye is the one that aids me everywhere I go.” He replied.

Seo Hyun immobilized as she looked down at him with a flabbergasted expression and crossing her arms over her chest she refused to step aside. Yong Hwa took her hand and rubbed the back of it easing her to a side, trying to be a gentleman about it as he reached over for Shin Hye’s hand as well. Something in him suddenly knotted while he looked at both women and held their hands. It felt rather comforting and right to be holding that of his wife’s but as he turned to his mistress there was nothing there to make his breath hitch. Gently he let go of Seo Hyun’s hand and enveloped himself in Shin Hye’s embrace as she wrapped an arm around his waist aiding him out the door.

“Will you not join me?” Yong Hwa asked his mistress.

“I’ve lost my appetite.” She hissed, through gritted teeth.

Yong Hwa did not reply simply turned his head and tried as best as he could to use his legs. At the top floor, they stood starring down the grand stairway to the bottom floor. Yong Hwa knew well that there would be no difficulty taking each step down. Shin Hye could never know of his lies. He feared just what she would do if she ever did find out. The dread to hear her ask to be released and send on her way gripped his throat. He did not know if Shin Hye ever valued him or if she had felt the slightest pull toward him. As he saw it, she had put up with so much from him that he knew that all she endured was pure and utter hatred. Then again, he confused himself by thinking about the way she looked at him and how she blushed whenever he was too close. He knew he was profoundly fascinated with her, but was that all he coveted from her? He questioned for a minute if he ever got the opportunity to bed her, what then. Would he feel closer to her or would he regret it?

“Are you ready?” Shin Hye asked, pulling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter