The Ball

We Found Love in a Hopeless Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yong Hwa had arrived at the ball an hour ago and felt like leaving, he found himself staring at the double wooden doors for Shin Hye in hope that she would suddenly arrive.  Looking around the crowd of people he looked for one of his cousins anyone to talk to and distract him from the door.  He approached his cousin Jong Hyun and began to chat with him not really taking interest.  Placing his back to the  door so that he wouldn’t be tempted to look he felt a little better.

 

            “So where is your wife, is she not attending tonight?” he asked sipping his wine.

 

            “She had some business to take care of with her family.”

 

            “So then were is Seo Hyun?”

 

            “Who?”

 

            “Come on Yong Hwa, she’s been telling everyone that you’ve been sleeping with her over the last year you and Shin Hye have been married.” He says laughing.

 

            Yong Hwa stayed quiet and bit down on his tongue, Seo Hyun was trying to bury him in front of his family.

 

            “It a shame, a beautiful wife like that and you had no interest?” he says looking at Yong Hwa.  “She’s gone isn’t she?” he asked.

 

            Yong Hwa nodded and looked away from Jong Hyun; he felt embarrassment and shame flooded him.

 

            “She found out or Seo Hyun told her?” Jong Hyun asked.

 

            “She found out.”

 

            “Why did you do it?”

 

            “Because I didn’t know what I had until I lost it.” Yong Hwa says fighting a knot in his throat.

 

            “You mean to tell me you never slept with your wife?  You kicked her out of your bed to share it with someone who is nowhere near as beautiful as Shin Hye?”

 

            “I wish I could take it all back.” Is all Yong Hwa could manage to say.

 

            “You didn’t love her, and now that she is gone you come to find that you do.  If you ask me cousin, you deserve to lose her for good.”

 

            Yong Hwa didn’t want to be here he wanted to barricade himself in his home and never come out.

 

            “How long ago did she leave?” Jong Hyun asked looking behind Yong Hwa.

 

            “She’s been gone for a week.”

 

            “Would you give anything to see her again?

 

            “Anything.” Yong Hwa said hoping.

 

            “Well you got to be a lucky bastard, I guess there are things like second chances.” he says smiling.

 

            “What?” Yong Hwa said following his gaze.

 

            Shin Hye walked in behind a couple that seemed awfully familiar to Yong Hwa, but at the moment he didn’t care.  He stared at how beautiful she looked walking in, her eyes looking at the ceiling, staring at the grand chandelier that hung above the dance floor.

 

            Shin Hye’s heart hammered loudly inside her and she griped her gloved hands together.  Taking her coat off she handed it over to a man, trying hard to concentrate on the chandelier hanging high above she lost herself in the crowd leaving Min-Sook and Min Hyuk their space to enjoy their night.  She didn’t know where to go really, all she knew was that she would watch them from afar.

 

            “Shin Hye is that you?” She turned a little stunned as one of Yong Hwa’s cousins approached her. 

/Jong Hyun, I think that’s his name/, she thought.

 

            “Hello, Jong Hyun.” she said extending her hand.

 

            “You look stunning.” he said placing a kiss over her gloved hand.

 

            “Thank you.”

 

            “So, are you here with Yong Hwa?” he asked.

 

            “No, I’m here with some friends.” she said looking over to Min-Sook and Min Hyuk who pointed at everythi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter