Painful News

We Found Love in a Hopeless Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

            Every night since she had come back she prayed for him and asked God to give him strength.  Even though Dathan had been such a cruel husband to her she still didn’t want him hurting.  After she styled her hair and adjusted her dress she descended the stairs and walked into the living room.  The whole family was here, even Na-mi’s new suitor, she smiled warmly at him, lost in his eyes.  Shin Hye knew what that felt like, to stare into the eyes of the one you were willing to give your very life for.

 

            “Shin Hye, I want you to meet Kwon Sang-woo,” Na-mi said holding on to his arm.

 

            He extended his hand to shake hers and kindly smiled at her.

 Sang-woo was a very attractive young man.  Brown golden hair that was nicely combed back with deep black eyes and a dashing smile.

 

            “Na-mi has told me so much about you,” he greeted.

 

            “Did she now?” she replied eyeing her sister.

 

            “She says you know how to paint?” he asked.

 

            Shin Hye noticed that Sang-woo had not let go of her hand and she pulled away when she saw Na-mi stare.  He looked a lot older than Na-mi, and Shin Hye wondered just how old he might be.

 

            “Yes.” She answered before she could get caught drifting off.

 

            “I’m a painter as well, not very good but I try,” he chuckled.

 

            “You mustn’t discourage yourself in such a manner, if you keep trying you might get it right,” she encouraged.  After sharing a few more words she dismisses herself to seek out the company of the others.

 

            Eun-hye and her husband sat on the floor making goofy faces at Jun-su who giggled uncontrollably at their hysterical expressions.  Taking a seat next to them she watched them play with their son, hoping that one day she would be able to do the same with hers.

 

            “Dinner is almost ready kids!” her mother called from the dining room.

 

            Shin Hye had asked her father to reconsider about hiring help; she felt that she was able to handle the house work around here.  He refused of course and saw it absurd having her daughter work herself as a slave in their home.  She saw it as a past time, to distract her of her thought’s, feeling that the time went by without her having to hurt again.

 

            A knock then came and quickly rising to her feet Shin Hye rushed towards the front door to answer it.  To her surprise Sir Jung and his wife kindly smiled at her greeting her with a hug and a kiss each.  For a moment s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter