The Rescue

We Found Love in a Hopeless Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  Shin Hye finally broke away only to feel her wrist burn from where he had gripped her so furiously.  She staggered to her feet only to have Sang-woo grab a hand full of her dress and yank her backwards slamming hard against his chest.  She claws and swings with all her might at him only to have him slap her so hard across the face she almost saw stars.

 

            “Stop fighting, you and I both know you cannot win!” he shouts.

 

            It didn’t matter to Shin Hye that he was overpowering her she wasn’t going to stop until she finally freed herself.  Her panic, and sorrow suddenly turns into anger and she fights with everything she has against him.  Sang-woo had managed to pull her undergarments from under her but he hadn’t had the opportunity to take her innocence.  Slamming her hard against the dresser Shin Hye felt the sharp corner dig into her right side and she screams out in pain.  Then she finally gets the courage to look up at Sang-woo and meet his eyes.  It was as if he wasn’t there, Sang-woo was completely gone and only lustful and dark eyes looked back at her.

 

 

 

            Are we almost there?” Yong Hwa asked himself.  He thought about what he was going to tell her, and he figured the complete and honest truth.  He wasn’t going to give up on her anymore; it didn’t matter to him if he became obnoxious.  He understood now that it wasn’t about moping about and waiting for someone to come and erase her.  He wouldn’t have anyone else and that’s the way he wanted it.  No one was going to take her place he was determined to keep like that.

 

            He sat impatiently inside the carriage then suddenly he is hit with a bad feeling again, he couldn’t shake it.  He prayed on the inside that everything was well with Shin Hye; he couldn’t bare walking up to her front door only to find that she was already engaged.  Or to go and find out that she was ill.  Yong Hwa hit the roof over his head three times signaling the driver to go faster, they had to be getting there soon.

 

 

 

            Shin Hye pushed back at him only to feel as if it was a brick wall she pushed against.  Behind her lay her lamp she lit at night to read or sketch at times, so wrapping her hand around it she brought it over her head and down on Sang-woos.  He stumbles backwards and lands with a loud thud on the ground.  She takes this as opportunity to run out the door and down the steps.  She comes close to the front door only to be slammed against it with Sang-woos full body weight on her.  Shin Hye new that there was no one around, and if only her father had reconsidered having help around the house maybe just maybe she would have been fine.  Sang-woo pulls her away from the door and they struggle against each other into the living room.  He reeked of oil from the lamp as it ran down his face mixed with his blood.

 

            “Let go!” Shin Hye exclaims slapping him across the face.

 

            Sang-woo on shakes her violently and throws her over a sofa, he comes at her and Shin Hye does the only thing she can think of.  Pushing him off with everything she’s got she plants her feet over his chest and pushes him off.  Sang-woo flies backwards landing into the fire place; the oil on his face immediately catching fire.

 

          

 

            As soon as the house in in view Yong Hwa jumps off the carriage and runs the rest of the way, he felt that coach wasn’t going fast enough.  Reaching the door within seconds he hears agonizing screams come from the inside.  Panic and fear grips him as he tries to open the door only to find it locked.

 

            “Shin Hye!” he screams.  The window! He thinks.

 

            He rushes over to one and picking up a wooden chair that lay on the porch he breaks the window.  Fire and smoke surge out of the broken frame as he cough and tries to make his way inside.  Shards of glass pierce his skin as he grip on to the window to pull himself inside, but that was the least of his worries.

 

            “Shin Hye!” Yong Hwa calls out again.

 

 

 

            Shin Hye thought she was going mad when she clearly hears Yong Hwa voice, she felt choked out of words.  She didn’t know if she should reply, she huddles against a corner covering her face.  Sang-woo had rushed out of the living room and she could hear as he went about screaming in agony.  She trembled and felt her body ache at the hard blows he had given her face and stomach.

 

            Shin Hye!” there is was she heard it again.  Parting her lips she came only to find herself coughing hard.  The smoke was starting to build and the fire now consumed almost the entire living room.

 

            Yong Hwa,” she manages to choke out.

 

            He hears her voice call out to him and tries to clear his tearing eyes from the smoke, it was irritating them.  He coughs and pull out of his coat to cover his mouth, there was no way he would find her in this black cloud of smoke.

 

            “Where are you!” he shouted.

 

            “I’m here,” she replied.

 

            Yong Hwa falls to his knees and decided to crawl and from a corner spot her small frame huddles against it.  He makes his way a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter