Brave

We Found Love in a Hopeless Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The night air whistled through the trees, lifting whatever dead leaves lay in sight as they rustled against the grass.  The crystal ice grazed over the grass soon began to turn into dew as the sun followed a little after, breaking behind the tall forest trees.  In her sleep she stirred only to be awaken by a throbbing pain at her side.  Shin Hye slowly opened her eyes to find herself trapped in Yong Hwa’s embrace as he slept soundlessly snuggled into the nape of her neck.  Her body quivered under his hold as a deep shiver consumed her to have him so close.

 

            The events of last night echoed in her memory making her thank the heavens for one more day of life as she stared into the face of her beloved.  She inhaled deeply wincing only when the stitches to her side protested in pain.  He smelled of mint and a faint soap as she scooted closer to feel the chilly air domain the giant chambers.  Her hands quickly sought the blanket only to find him snuggled completely in them his lips a faint pink as the cold chapped his nose red.

 

            She chuckled aside from all of the horrid events that had happened and tugged lightly at the sheets to cover her body wrapped in only a night robe.  His to be exact.

 

             Yong Hwa felt her hands search for something and he quickly awoke to find her completely uncovered, she lay only in the night robe, her hands searching for means to keep herself warm.  She shivered violently and held the blanket up to her chin; scooting close to him as he wrapped an arm around her and pulled Shin Hye all the closer to him, being careful not to hurt her injured side.  Shin Hye’s hands were freezing as she touched his chest and griped his soft cotton shirt.  He did his best to comfort her as his fingers lingered in her hair slowly unknotting her tangled locks.

 

            “I’m freezing.” she said as her teeth chattered.

 

            “Are you in any pain?” he whispered.

 

            A nod was her reply.

 

            After a while the trembling of her body stopped and she entwined her legs with his.  It was if they had done this every night since they had wed.  Their bodies accustom to each other as if they were meant to be one.

 

           Yong Hwa watched the sun spill in through the window as she fell back in deep slumber in.  He couldn’t believe that after all this time he had been so blind as to reject what was cradled in his embrace.  He looked down to Shin Hye and brushed strands of hair from her face.  Her nose was a small little pinch, her lips full and dark pink, as rosy pink cheeks defined her heart shaped face.  Her chocolate colored eyes hid behind a line of long lashes brushing just barely over her pale soft skin.

 

            His fingers left her hair only to tug the blanket farther down to expose the robe loosely wrapped around her shoulders.  His emotions took a turn to see her so exposed, her swan like neck a fragile delicate temptation and her a cry to be noticed.  His breathing turned ragged as he dared to inch closer only to land a soft kiss on her left exposed shoulder.  The hunger to taste more of her made his gut knot and a throbbing urge to full fill what was left undone so long ago in his very chambers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter