Hide

We Found Love in a Hopeless Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  She didn’t know where to head and bumped into several people, apologizing she made her way to her carriage and sat in the dark.  Holding herself Shin Hye cried and tried to steady her breathing, it was going to be difficult not to get off the carriage and run back to him.  She fought the urge and remained glued to her seat, then the door to the carriage opened and she jumped up.  Relieved to find that it was only Min-young she relaxed, slipping in Min-young eyed Shin Hye.

 

            “You saw him didn’t you?” Min-young said taking her hands into hers.

 

            “Help me forget him Min-young, please.” Shin Hye begged.

 

            Holding Shin Hye in her arms Min-young closed her eyes and held her tight, she hated that Shin Hye was going through this and searched for words to say.

 

            “Shin Hye, if you still love him…then why not go back with him?” Min-young said wiping her tears away.

 

            “He doesn’t love me Min-young, he just feels bad for what he did, and feels like he needs to repay me for it.” Shin Hye says closing her eyes tight.

 

            “You don’t know that.”

 

            “He had the chance to tell me that and he didn’t, what more could her feel rather than sorry.” Shin Hye said.

 

            “No one can help you forget him unless you let him go.” Min-young says.

 

            Shin Hye held on to her sister and felt suddenly tired, she didn’t know how it would be possible to let go.  Soon-after Eun Hye and Shi yoon arrived ready to head home.

 

            As Shin Hye prepared herself to go to bed she sat there looking at all of the sketched she had made of Yong Hwa.  Walking down stairs she stood in front of the fireplace holding them close to her.  Min-young was right, no one could help her forget him but her and it was time she moved on.  The problem was that Shin Hye didn’t want to and knelt in front of the fire place holding her sketches tight.

 

 

 

            Yong Hwa didn’t leave the carnival until it began to close down and headed for his carriage drained of voice and strength.  The night was so dark and foggy that he felt his coach might not make it all the way home.  He had sent his mother away hours ago and stayed behind.  Now he made his way to his carriage and slipped inside feeling very disappointed.  Holding his face in his hands Yong Hwa felt like he would never see her again and made his coach head in the direction of her home.

 

            He was determined to see her and didn’t care that it was so late into the night, his coach might hate him for now but he would see that he got repaid for his generosity.

 

            “Sir, it’s not another hour until we arrive and I don’t feel that I can go on.” the young boy pleaded with Yong Hwa.

 

            Having no other choice but to stop at an inn he laid his head to rest, the first thing he would do was to look for her in the morning no matter what.

 

 

 

            Shin Hye rose early in the morning preparing her-self for a brand new day, last night it had taken her an eternity to through all of Yong Hwa’s sketches into the fire.  She would allow him to cloud her memory any longer, it had been six long months and it was time to finally let him go.  Deep down she knew she didn’t but ignored it at looked forward, hoping that someday she would meet the man of her dreams.

 

            “So how did you sleep?” Min-young asked as Shin Hye and her readied breakfast.

 

            “Good.”

 

            “Any bad dreams?”

 

            “I said I slept well.” Shin Hye said.

 

            “Last night-,”

 

            “Never happened, and today is a bright new day, so let’s

just move on with our lives.” she says smiling.

 

            Min-young smiled and chooses not to mention another word about last night; she had seen Yong Hwa walk about the carnival last night and had purposely called to Shin Hye in front of him.  The reason why, was because Min-young saw how Shin Hye refused to move on with her life and mourned her divorce as if it had been his very death.

 

          

 

            Shin Hye cleaned out the kitchen after everyone had left, and hummed a melody while she cleaned.  She found it distracting to hum and did so as she finished cleaning, wiping down the floor to the kitchen she rose to dump the water outside.  Swinging the back door open Shin Hye flung the water without looking and soaked her father in pure dirty mop water.

 

            “Jesus Shin Hye what has gotten into you!” he yelled.

 

            Shin Hye felt sorry but then again felt like laughing, her father was wearing a pair of his finest clothes and she had ruined it by wetting him.

 

            “Father, I’m so sorry, I didn’t know you would be coming in through the back.” Shin Hye said hurrying over to her father.

 

            “Just…make sure what you’re doing next time.” he said walking past her and into the house.

 

            What was father doing out back?  Thought Shin Hye.  Ignoring the very question she walked in after him.  Her mother burst into laughter to find what Shin Hye had done and walked in after her husband into their room.  She stood outside the door feeling a little worried after all that her father might be actually furious for something that she hadn’t meant to do.

 

            “Go on, he’ll be fine.” her mother said popping her head out the door.

 

            “Are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter