Life Without Your Touch

We Found Love in a Hopeless Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

           Breaking their hold towards each other they went about the market shopping for the rest of the things Shin Hye yet had to look for.  Yong Hwa was very attentive, picking the best from the bunch and placing them into her basket.  The eyes of the shoppers she felt were on their every move, but when she lifted her head to see, they all seemed to busy shopping for what they needed.

 

            “So, how is everyone at home?” Yong Hwa asks.

 

            “Min-young is marrying soon, and Na-mi is courting someone.”

 

            “I’m guessing it was the one you greeted earlier,” he says.

 

            “Yes, why?” she says taking in his tight tone.

 

            “How old is he?” Yong Hwa asks.

 

            “I don’t know, I was thinking the same thing when I met him.”

 

            “How long has he been courting your sister?”

 

            “A month,”

 

            “Does she know him well?”

 

            “Why all the questions?” Shin Hye asks.

 

            “There is something I don’t like about him, he gives me a very ire aura,” he says thoughtful.

 

            “But you don’t know him at all to be judging him that way.”

 

            “Something you don’t know about me is that I can tell when people have good or bad intentions,” he says.

 

            She wonders if Yong Hwa had ever seen her good intentions to get to know him when they were married, but chooses to shut about it.  She didn’t want to bring up the past, because that is where it should stay.  Instead she responds surprised and keeps walking through the crowd of people to get to the next stand.

 

            Yong Hwa stared at her, and at the moment he knew she was asking herself a question, it had something to do with what he had just said.  He waited for her to ask him, but instead she said nothing and continued on to the next stand.  He knew that she was avoiding bringing up the past; to him it didn’t matter if it kept her talking.

 

            “You wanted to ask something?” he says.

 

            “Me? Like what?”

 

            “I don’t know, I just thought you might?” he presses on shrugging.

 

            “It’s quite silly, and it doesn’t matter anymore,” she says surprised that Yong Hwa had guessed right.

 

            “What is it?”

 

            She stays silent for a moment weighting her options of whether she should ask, “Did you ever read my good intentions towards you…when we were together?” she asks wanting to whisper the words.

 

            “Honestly, yes, but I was a whole different person back then, and my guess was that you were doing it to ruin my life.”

 

            “How are good intentions going to ruin someone’s life?” she questioned.

 

            “I don’t know I was guessing that if I let you in then you would turn on me and do something bad,” he confesses.

 

            “Well now you know that I never intended on hurting you.”

/“I just wanted you to love me/,” she thinks in her head.

 

            “I would have fallen in deep if I would have just given you a chance,” he says staring at her.

 

            /“But you didn’t,”/ she thought.  Smiling up at him she paid the man at the stand and looked at her basket, it was full.  He stares at the basket as well and he knows that his time with her is up, he feels the light inside of him dim and tries to think of a way to keep her here longer.

 

            “I need to be on my way.”

 

            “Already?” he says his tone disappointing.

 

            “Yes, my mother will be waiting my return.”

 

            “Well…is there anything else you need?”

 

            “I think I have everything I need and..,”

 

            “Wait, did you go to the butcher shop yet?” he says remembering that his mother had mentioned something about that.

 

            “I’m all out of money to spent,”

 

            “I’ll pay,” he says taking her by the waist and leading her in the direction of the butcher.

 

            Shin Hye tries not to drop her basket as Yong Hwa leads her towards the shop; there was no need for her to bring home meat.  They had been without it for a while, eating only chicken and pork, but a good steak didn’t sound bad at all.  The butcher shop was the only one that was sort of deserted as he pulled her up the wooden stairs.

 

            “Where on earth will I put the meat in this basket?” she questiones trying to convince him.

 

            “I’ll carry it for you,” he says smiling.

 

            “Really, you don’t have to do that, I think I have everything I need,” she protest stepping a little away from him.

 

            “I insist.”

 

            She lets out a light breath and follows behind him; taking her hand he entwines their fingers together and holds on tight.  His touch was warm, hers freezing cold, so she welcomed his hand holding hers.  They approached the butcher chopping away on a cow leg and pilling up a stack of meat to the side as he pealed the layers off.  As soon as he was done with that one he flung it to a side and yelled out to someone out back to pick it up.

 

            “What can I do for you?” he says his voice robust.

 

            “What will you have?” Yong Hwa asks her.

 

            “I wouldn’t have a clue.”

 

            “She’ll have a little of everything,” he says to the butcher.

 

            His eyes light up but then grow dim and stare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter