We Meet Again

We Found Love in a Hopeless Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Yong Hwa had been trying all day to be brave and keep his head in the family buisness, it was hard not to try and think of her.  Now he stoon insdie his fathers tea room discussing the family plantation.  He had awoked this morning early, shaved his stubble off and dressed like he use to, latetly he had been paying less attention to his apperance.  He stared down the cup of tea wating for his father to return.  He had suggested another helping hand around the fields since the last supervisor had been dismssed.  From a distance he hears mummbles voices and footsteps approach.

 

‘I’d like you to meet Kwon Sang-woo,” Mr. Jung says introducing the young man to Yong Hwa.

 

This exact same boy was the one that had greeted Shin Hye at the supermarket; he stared at him not extending his hand.  Sang-woo also did the same as he stared at Yong Hwa; this was the same guy that had eyed Shin Hye and him as they talked in the market yesterday.  Well not so much him but at Shin Hye, he was sure that this was the same guy Shin Hye had shared her life with.  A waste of time and patience if you ask him, he would have never thought of treating such a beautiful delicate flower like her that way.  If Sang-woo had met Shin Hye before Na-mi he was sure that he would have gone for her first.

 

He hadn’t expected to feel that way towards her, but it suddenly hit him when he landed eyes on her; this was a first for him.  He had heard Na-mi speak of her several times but it hadn’t really interested him until he met her.  She seemed to be drained of life, he couldn’t stop looking at her every time he went to their house, and she was something else.  It was ridiculous how this man that stood before him had rejected a gorgeous woman like Shin Hye.

 

“It’s nice to meet you,” Sang-woo finally says breaking the tension that had already begun to build in the atmosphere.

 

“Have we met?” Yong Hwa asks shaking his hand.

 

“I believe so; I was in the market with Shin Hye…,”

 

“Miss. PArk,” Yong Hwa corrects interrupting him.

 

“My apologies, Miss. Park,” he says.

 

“So I hope you will know what to do?” Mr. Jung cuts in addressing Yong Hwa.

 

“Of course,” he responds watching his dad nod once and head out the door.

 

They both stand there staring at each other and finally Yong Hwa decides to speak.  When his father had mentioned that he would be having someone else to help with the family business he hadn’t expected this.  He couldn’t allow himself to show just how much it bothered him to have Sang-woo in his presence.

 

“Do have any experience in business?” Yong Hwa questions looking ahead.

 

“I have taken some classes about business and I’m ready to start any time you want me to,” he proudly states keeping his posture high and his voice well firm.

 

“Good, we expect you to make sure the workers don’t steal anything and make sure that everything good is taken from the ground.  We will be watching you closely when you are at work in the field.  Don’t hesitate to argue with any of the workers, make sure you bring all the complaints directly to us.  Do this and you will be paid well, and your serviced required more often.

 

“I will do what you ask.”

 

“And another thing, I warn you not to be romancing any of the girls in the fields, simply just let them be,” Yong Hwa states.  It was one of the reasons why they had fired the last supervisor from the field; he had been caught sleeping with quite a few of them.  Promising them a raise in there payment, poor things had fallen for his pathetic lies.

 

Work in the fields wouldn’t start until next year of course but Yong Hwa’s father wanted to have everything prepared ahead of time.  He always disgraced doing this at the last minute; it caused him headaches to do that.  He walked into his father’s study and had Sang-woo sing a few papers giving him the employment he needed.

 

“With that being done, we expect to see you here the first day of spring to work the fields.  If there should be any change of mind make sure to let us know ahead of time,” Yong Hwa says refusing to meet Sang-woos eyes.

 

To Sang-woo, Yong Hwa looked more of a distant person, lost in his thoughts, maybe thinking about suicide.  He looked the part; his eyes were ringed with dark shadows and his skin almost a powder white.  He had heard that Mr. Jung’s son was a very vigorous and intelligent man, but he looked the contrary.  Maybe it was why he hadn’t notice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter