Something's Not Right

We Found Love in a Hopeless Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The house lay silently as she lay there thinking about picking up her sketch book and drawing something to distract her.  Min-young was out with Eun Hye searching for wedding gowns and her father had gone out on business.  With the silence taking its toll on Shin Hye she rises only to hear a knock on her front door.  Curious she walks over and pulls the door open to find a very familiar face stare back at her.

 

            “Seo Hyun?” whispered Shin Hye.

 

            Seo Hyun had changed over the last six month’s she look fuller her rosy pink cheeks burning bright red and her long golden curls resting over her shoulders.  Shin Hye didn’t know what to do, she felt a small hit of panic hit her chest the moment Seo Hyun took a step forward.

 

            “Please, don’t be afraid…I just wanted to beg you to forgive me,” she says taking another step forward.

 

            Shin Hye felt panic choke her as she gripped the door knob and went to close the door, but Seo Hyun put her foot to intervene.

 

            “Please I really mean you no harm,” she explains.  She pushed herself inside and closed the door with a light click of the lock.  Seo Hyun wore a long silky cloak to her feet and slowly she removed it to reveal a pregnant belly.  “I’m going to be a mother soon,” she says rubbing her belly.

 

            Shin Hye felt the blood drain to her feet to realize Seo Hyun

had to be at least seven months pregnant.  She stuttered the first word

as she kept her eyes glued to the small petite round belly.

 

            “Is it, Yong Hwa’s?” she asks holding herself.

 

            Seo Hyun studied Shin Hye for a moment and then took a deep breath and answered with a simple yes.  Shin Hye heart shattered to hear the news, and she felt tears well on her, covering to stifle a sob she turned her back to Seo Hyun and took a deep breath.

 

            “Is he aware?” she asks.

 

            “No, and he never will be, there is no reason for me to let him know, he want’s nothing to do with me.” She sighs.

 

            “You must tell him,” Shin Hye replies flatly.  She didn’t envy the small child forming inside her stomach, nor she envied that it was Seo Hyun who carried it.

 

            “I don’t know, I don’t want to,” she says.

 

            Then Shin Hye turned to face her, tears subsided and a small smile on her lips.

 

            “Seo Hyun you cannot raise that child on your own, how far along are you?” she asks.

 

            “Eight month’s although it doesn’t really show…look I’m not here for that, I’m here to ask if you will forgive what a wretched person I was to you,” she says crossing her arms.

 

            “I forgive you,” Shin Hye replies.  Seo Hyun suddenly held Shin Hye in a sudden hug and placed a small kiss on her cheek.

 

            “Thank you, she says smiling.  Without another word Seo Hyun walks out of the house and into her carriage.  Shin Hye stands there frozen not knowing what to really do, she needed to get it out of her head.  It would simply ruin the fact that she wanted to get back with Yong Hwa.  It did matter that he was going to have a child, and he had to know.

 

            “I have to let him know,” Shin Hye thinks to herself.  Calling out to Na-mi she remembered that her mother and Na-mi had gone out for a stroll.  She was alone.  Quickly rushing up the stairs she felt her heart hammer loudly against her chest.  Pulling into her teal coat she hurried to wrap a scar around her neck.

 

 

 

Yong Hwa paced the living room to his home; there was something that didn’t feel right, something was wrong.  He tried to shake the uneasy feeling but it just kept crawling back as a heavy burden over his chest.

 

“Nothing is wrong,” he sighs.

 

Maybe it was the excitement of wanting to see Shin Hye again, maybe it was something else.  He decided to concentrate on Shin Hye instead and fiddles with the gold wedding band.

 

“I can’t take this, I have to see her,” he says letting out a frustrated breath.  Storming into his room he grabs a coat and rushes out the door and into the carriage.

 

 

 

Shin Hye stood in shock as Sang-woo stood at the entrance to the door and smiled politely.

 

“Good evening,” he greeted.

 

“Sang-woo, w-what are you doing here?” she stuttered.

 

“Is Na-mi around?”

 

“No,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter