Almost too late

We Found Love in a Hopeless Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

  Arriving she began to quickly gather her things in the dark, she cried as she packed in the dark, and begun to dismantle her canvases off the wall.

 

            She began to pull her things out of the room and made sure that everything that belonged to her was gone.  The room lay empty with only the bed and the rest of the furniture.  Walking down the steps the girls helped her take her things to the carriage; they said nothing as Shin Hye cried.  After the carriage was ready she walked upstairs into her room and wrote Min-Sook a letter.

 

            Dearest Min-Sook,

 

          Hopefully your time with Min-hyuk went beautifully and that you two were able to connect during your time at the ball.  As for me I am going back home, I hope that you forgive me for not saying my goodbyes in person, but the pain is too much to bear.  Yong Hwa signed the divorce papers and I see no need for me to remain in this house any longer.  I wish for our paths to cross again someday and hope to hear good news about you, if you ever have the time to come and visit me you are more than welcome to come by.  I want to thank you for your kind friendship, for the little time that we spent together.  You are a wonderful person and hopefully God rewards your kindness by blessing you with a wonderful husband who will love you and respect you. 

 

                                                                                    Your Dearest Friend,                                                                               

                                Shin Hye Park

 

  Placing it over her dresser she walked out and made her way out her room and towards the labyrinth.  Reaching the bottom steps Shin Hye felt the cold breeze of the front door and looked up to find Seo Hyun standing there, with a look of complete wrath flooding away all her beautiful features.  She breathed heavily as she stared at Shin Hye and then lifted her hand to point a pistol directly at her.

 

            Shin Hye winced as she stared at the metal object and took a step back; panic consumed her as she looked for words to say.

 

            “You took away my future.” Seo Hyun said through gritted teeth.

 

            “What are you talking about?” Shin Hye whispered.

 

            “Don’t play dumb with me; you know what I’m talking about.”

She said stepping closer to her.

 

            “Seo Hyun-,”

 

            “Don’t call me by my name! Don’t even speak! I’m going to erase you from this planet and enjoy knowing that your corpse rots underground while the maggots make a meal out of you!

 

            “Shin Hye?” Ji-min said coming from the dining room with So-ri and Na-yun.

 

            They froze in terror to see Seo Hyun pointing a deadly weapon at her and try to reason with Seo Hyun to put her pistol down.

 

            “SHUT…UP!” she exclaimed.  “I was this close to getting what I wanted and you had to go and ruin everything.  My family looked forwards to getting every single scrap of money out of the Jung’s and now we have nothing!” she says walking closer to her.

 

            Yong Hwa jumped out his carriage before it even stopped and raced up the steps to his home.  He found the door wide open and slowly approached it hoping that Shin Hye was still here.  He saw that the carriage Shin Hye had arrived in was there with some of her luggage strapped to the back and atop.

 

            “What are you doing here?” he called to Seo Hyun in a harsh voice.

 

            Seo Hyun turned to look at Yong Hwa as she pointed the gun at Shin Hye; Yong Hwa’s eyes grew wide as he saw the pistol in her hands.  Shin Hye saw everything move in slow motion as she saw Seo Hyun turn the gun on him, leaping towards her; she griped her hand and wrestled Seo Hyun for the gun.  Seo Hyun clawed at Shin Hye face and hands and pushed her violently.  Shin Hye held on tight and only felt numbing blows to her face and hands, she didn’t feel the pain all she concentrated on was that gun.  She preferred to get hurt rather than Yong Hwa, anyone but him.

 

            Yong Hwa approached them as he felt shock, fury, and panic flood him, he grew scared as he saw Shin Hye hold on to Seo Hyun for dear life, and reached over to pull Seo Hyun away.

 

            “STOP!” he yelled as he tried lifting Seo Hyun away.

 

            Just then the pistol went off and Shin Hye fell to her side holding herself, tossing Seo Hyun on the ground Yong Hwa hurried to her.

 

            “Shin Hye!” he exclaimed as he knelt beside her.

 

            She lay there holding herself, her beautiful white dress showing trickles of blood around her stomach.  Pulling her hands away he saw her wound and began to cry, the bullet had done its job and wounded Shin Hye.  Yong Hwa felt enraged as he turned to face Seo Hyun, she stood there shocked as she stared at Shin Hye lay on the ground.

 

            “Is this what you wanted!” he yelled at her.

 

            Seo Hyun bolted for the door and Yong Hwa tackled her down, having the help of the girls they tied her as Mr. Kang and Ji-min left to find help.

 

            Shin Hye felt herself fade and slowly closed her eyes; she never thought that her life would end this way.  As she lay there she asked God to forgive her for any past errors she might have committed and fell into darkness.

 

            Yong Hwa picked Shin Hye up into his lap, and cried out loud as he held her limp body in his arms.

 

            “Shin Hye don’t leave me! Please!” He called.

 

            Shaking her he called to her to come back and kissed her as she felt nothing nor heard.  He held her tight and huddled her close, he whispered into her ear and told her he loved her.  Mixed tears and blood is all that was left of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter