Trying not to grieve

We Found Love in a Hopeless Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Three days had passed and there was still no sign of Shin Hye. Yong Hwa paced the living room and looked out the large glass windows every time he heard a carriage trotting by, hoping it was her. He had been doing this for the past three days unable to stay put feeling concerned well up inside him. The pride and adrenaline filling his veins wanted to make him ride all the way to her parents’ home to bring her back. What then, what if he did? He would feel like a complete fool not knowing what to say to any of them. Shin Hye’s parents were complete strangers to him to the embarrassing level where he knew not their names. So many questions flooded his mind and he wondered if she was doing better without him. Was she was smiling more and laughing, did she sketch him, think about him? He grabbed his head and paced round and round the living room feeling choked with so much emotion.

Seo hyun had paid him a visit along with his mother to be a pester as well, but his mind was with Shin Hye rather than them. He had tried focusing on his business paying his fields a visit to distract him from his haunting thoughts. The more he tried the more he found himself leaving the workers and heading back home to pace his living room floor.

 

“I think you’ve begun to wear out that carpet?” his mother had commented last night.

The entire time she had studied him, watching his every movement and expressions. As smart as that woman was she failed to see that her son was now in love and in deep distraction. To cover for all the questions she made he simply lied and explained that he needed time straighten things up around the field since he had been away. Today they had been absent and for that he was most deeply grateful as he shimmied out of his coat to roll up his sleeves.

“You have to come back.” He whispered, to himself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you sure you can sit up?” Shin Hye asked her mother.

She held her fragile form in her arm afraid she might squeeze too hard and harm her. So she did her best to comfort her and make her eat a little food.

“Yes, I actually feel a lot better.” she said as she took her daughter’s hands.

Shin Hye’s mother had lost some weight over the last few days. Thin worn complexions looked back at Shin Hye broken face. Her mother had paled almost to a yellowish glow and rings danced around her eyes giving them a sunken feature. Never the less she was determined to nurse her back to full health. The fever had vanished but some of her cough still remained.

“I thought I was going to lose you.” Shin Hye sighed, as she looked into her mot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter