Forgiven

We Found Love in a Hopeless Place
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Shin Hye didn’t know how long she had walked but she remembered this road like the back of her hand.  Looking up ahead of her was the long dirt road to where once was her home.  The mansion now was occupied by another family but she felt she needed to be in her garden none the less.

 

Yong Hwa sat in bet starring off into the distance he couldn’t believe that Shin Hye had done such a cruel thing to him.  He was partly angry with her, but the other side was sympathetic, he somehow understood her.  After all he had been such a cruel husband, and he also knew that it wasn’t going to be easy to convince her about his honest and true love for her.  There is a light knock on his door and in steps his father.

 

“How are you feeling son,” he asks.

 

Yong Hwa doesn’t respond, he wants to ask about Shin Hye but instead he clamps his mouth shut and simply nods his head as a reply.

 

“I need to speak with you about something if you don’t mind?” his father continues speaking.  He takes a seat next to his son and takes a deep breath.

 

“We are all shocked about what happened, and we hope that the Park’s can get back on their feet soon.”

 

“Father…I feel completely confused,” Yong Hwa finds himself confessing.

 

“About?”

 

“Shin Hye confessed to me about her little lies, and I feel so heart broken.  How is it possible, that she couldn’t see just how much I love her,” he asks burying his face into his hands.

 

“Yong Hwa, it was I who asked her to do this, she didn’t want to, so if you must feel angered towards anyone it should be me.  But know this before you judge wrongly, I only did it because I love you,” he replies.

 

“You asked her to do this?” Yong Hwa responds looking at his father wide eyed.

 

            “Yes, she was so eager to go back to you, but I feared the worst and I didn’t want you to mistreat her again, she is very dear to me,” he says.

 

            “I understand,” he replies taking in a deep breath.  “But it still hurts.”

 

            “It still hurts? How can you say that after treating her so wretchedly, after all the night’s she spent crying over you, and you’re telling me you feel hurt?  No Yong Hwa, compared to Shin Hye broken heart you have no idea what pain is,” his father response clearly upset.  Rising off the bed Mr. Heart adjusts his white gloved hands and hat and walk out the door.

 

            “He’s right, compared to her I have no idea what pain really is, but if this pain caused me so much sorrow I can’t imagine what she must be feeling right at this moment,” he says to himself.  Jumping off the bed Yong Hwa orders a bath and cleans himself up before walking out the door.  His head still throbs from the inhaling of the smoke, but he was sure to get rid of it once he laid eyes on hers.

 

            “Shin Hye?” he calls.

 

            Through the long hall and into the living room Yong Hwa comes to find it empty.  He hurries through another corridor and towards the dining room.  There the entire family sits a little shaken still eating a light soup.  But Shin Hye is nowhere to be seen.

 

            “Is Shin Hye around?” he asks.  Each of their faces turn to look at him, Na-mi is the only one that stares at her untouched soup.

 

            “I thought she was with you?” Min-young replies confused.  Yong Hwa recognized her because of the day he had gone to see Shin Hye and refused to leave.  Min-young was the one who had come outside and asked him to leave.

 

            “She was but stepped out a few hours ago,” he responds.  They look at him puzzled and then excusing himself he walks the entire house before giving up.  Shin Hye must have left.

 

            Making his way in haste towards the stables he finds his coach driver In-sung combing the horses coat down.

 

            “In-sung did Miss. Park step out recently?” he asks out of breath.

 

            “She asked to be taken…well I don’t know, she simply asked me to stop in the middle of nowhere and insisted I’d leave.  She didn’t want my company even though I offered to stay there with her,” In-sung responds.

 

            “Oh no,” Yong Hwa whispers.  He couldn’t imagine just how much pain Shin Hye was probably in right now.  Maybe she had gone to never return and it was his fault.  Rushing into the stable Yong Hwa climbs onto a horse and rides off in search of her.

 

 

 

            Shin Hye quickly made her way into the labyrinth without begin spotted; she picked up the pace after a few steps and tripped over her dress more than once.  By the time she reaches the archway her dress in a muddy mess and her hands are badly scraped.  Shin Hye i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter