Chapter 7

Destiny at Sunset

Chapter 7

Holiday.



“Mommy, mommy, mommy, wake up! We want breakfast.” The twins said while shaking her to wake her up.


“It’s still early.” Min complained and went back to sleep.


“Mommy, Yuki, Aki hungry.” The twins complained and started shaking her again. Kyu jong woke up from the noise in his head and went to Min’s room.


“Little angels let mommy sleep first, she just got well, want daddy to make breakfast for you instead?” Kyu jong offered the twins but they shook their head.


“We want mommy.” Aki said and shook her again.


“Is daddy not good enough?” he said trying to save Min from the deadly shakes of the twins.


“Only if daddy kiss mommy good morning first.” Yuki said while smiling.


“Aiggooo you kids, where do you learn that stuff.” Min woke up and sat sleepily on her bed.


“Daddy kiss mommy good morning.” Yuki pulled him towards Min whose eyes were still close.


“Arasso. If daddy kiss mommy, you have to go and get ready while daddy cook breakfast arasso?” He said and the two boys grinned widely and sat down. Kyu jong went to kiss Min but only in the forehead and ran towards the door with the kids in both arms.


“Ya! Kim Kyu Jong!” Min shouted after he took off, she felt her cheeks turned red.


“Park Soo Min get a grip, he is your brother’s friend, stop dreaming.” She said out loud as she went to fix herself inside her bathroom.


Hyung joon’s POV


“Hey Alicia, what’s for breakfast?” I causally asked her but she was ignoring me.


“Ei, what did I do?” I said out loud and look at Kyu jong who were feeding the twins.


“Babo. You’re the reason she got sick last time, you were aiming at her only when you played, well that is as Hyun joong hyung told us.” Kyu jong said to me. I pouted.


“Ya! I didn’t mean it okay.” I said and slumped down on the chair at the dining table.


“Whatever. Just don’t go near me or else who knows what disaster will happen again.” She said and I just brooded over my food.


“Ya! It’s impolite to frown in front of your food.” I almost sent my food flying when I suddenly felt a strong hand smack the back of my head.


“Ya! Mal! Can’t you be not so violent during mornings?!” I whined and rub my head.


“Maybe.” He said and I just sent him a glare. It’s bad enough that Alicia was ignoring me, now Mal was bullying me. 


Youngsaeng’s POV


“Hey! Feeling all better?” I asked Joelle who was eating with the rest when I arrived at the dining table.


“De. Komawo.” I just nodded and smiled at her.


“You do know why you are here right?” I asked after taking in some bread.


“De. Mianhe. I didn’t know you were a Guardian.” 


“Since when did you start answering me with two words only?” I but she just pouted.


“Arasso. Don’t pout anymore but to make up for it you have to accompany me this weekend.


“What’s up this weekend?” 


“Secret.” I told her and ignored her constant questioning. This weekend will surely be fun.


“Ya! Saeng are you thinking of bringing them with us back to the palace this weekend?” I heard Jungmin say in my mind.


“De. Waeyo?” 


“Nothing. Just asking. I’ll have the servants prepare their rooms.” I just nodded and continued eating my food.


End of POV


The weekend came fast without any trouble. They were hunting down night crawlers like before though they didn’t find anymore chi from the last time.


“Umma!!” Min excitingly hugged the Queen when she reached the Palace.


“I see you’re doing well.” The Queen hugged her back and smiled at Jungmin who kissed her cheek.


“Welcome to the palace of the Yi Kingdom.” The Queen welcomed the four chi’s and they bowed down before smiling back at her.


“Mommy, mommy, look dress.” Aki said and twirled around making his robe move along with him. The other servants chuckled softly.


“Aki ah, that’s not a dress, it’s a robe.” Min explained to him, amused at how the twins and the two girls were amazed when their clothes changed suddenly the moment they arrived in the palace. 


“Your highness why did you call for us?” Hyung joon asked while the others were busy fooling around.


“I wanted you to stop your usual hunt for night crawlers but instead focus on finding the rest of the pieces of chi’s. The followers of Fox is trying to find ways to make him stronger fast, we have to be ready before that happens.” The Queen said as everyone became serious, they all were looking at each other’s eyes.


“De, Your Highness.” All of them bended in one knee and bowed down as the Queen blessed them for success on their mission.


“Go and show our guest around the town. I know for sure the town missed their royal prince’s and princess.” The Queen smiled and asked the servants to prepare the royal horses and have them escorted.


“Mal! Mal! Mal! Faster.” Aki said to the horse he was riding on with Jungmin who was pouting.


“Ya! Mal! Isn’t it rude to ride on your own kind?” Hyung joon and evaded the small fireball that was thrown at him.


“Now Now children play nice or else the town will be on fire.” Kyu jong reminded them and looked at Yuki who was squirming on Youngsaeng’s horse.


“Yuki ah, hyung will have a hard time if you squirm like that.” Youngsaeng told him and he stop immediately. 


“Sowi hyung, Yuki just excited.” He apologized and giggled when he saw people waving at them.


“Daddy, daddy, daddy look people wave.” Yuki yelled towards Kyu jong who was waving back to the towns people like the others.


“Daddy? Ei, Kyu jong is your daddy?” Hyun joong asked him and he just nodded.


“What about me then?” Youngsaeng acted hurt which made Yuki giggle.


“You’re my handsome hyung.” Yuki announced.


“What about Hyun joong hyung?” Youngsaeng asked.


“He’s our cool unwel.” Aki and Yuki replied all together.


“Uncle.” Joelle corrected them and they tried pronouncing it right again.


“Ei, what about Hyung joon hyung?” Hyung joon asked Aki who was closer to him.


“Pet Turtle!!” Aki replied happily, which sent Mal laughing loudly.


“Ei, why am I a pet, what about Jungmin?” he said trying to drag Jungmin with his pet status.


“Anni, Jungmin umma because Master is mommy.” Aki refused and Jungmin laughed more loudly.


“Looks like even my brothers agree with me.” Alicia , which made him pout more, and then he suddenly remembered what the twins said.


“Hi hi hi, did I hear the twins say Kyu jong is their daddy, and Min is their mommy, are you guys not telling us something?” he asked suspiciously and an ice chunk flew right to his arm.


“Ouch! What gives?” he turned to Hyun joong.


“Anni, it just slipped my hand.” He replied and continued smiling at the townspeople. 


“Komawo hyung.” Kyu jong thanked him.


“Thank me when you decided to confess to her, Kyu jong ah you’re a man now.” Hyun joong until he was bright red.


“Kyu jong-sshi? Hyun joong-sshi? Omo guys you’re all here?!” A girl shouted from the crowd that they were passing by.


Hyun joong’s POV


“Kyu jong-sshi? Hyun joong-sshi? Omo guys you’re all here?!” I looked at my left to see who was it that called us.


“Gab? Ei, you’re here too?” I greeted her.


“De. Two days ago.”


“Meet us at the usual place.” I called to her and she just nodded and disappeared to more likely get her horse.


“Wow! Oppa this place is so pretty.” I heard Joelle told Youngsaeng when we got to our favorite hang out place here near the palace.


“This place is like a sanctuary to us, we can be what we want whenever we are here.” I said as I look at the all too familiar scene of the river flowing at our left and the field of flowers at our right.


“Hey Gab.” I greeted her when she arrived while the other guys were taking turns hugging them, me included.


“Ya! What have you guys been eating that you’ve grown so much in just 6 years?” She asked us.


“Ya! Can’t you call us oppa? We are older than you.” I scolded her and like always she would just stuck her tongue out and go hide behind Min.


“Unnie, Hyun jong-sshi being mean again.” I heard her say and we all just chuckled and introduced the others as fellow travelers to her.


“Gab this is Alicia, Joelle, and the twins Aki and Yuki.” I said while pointing towards them.


“Annyong, I’m Gab, their childhood friend, nice to meet you.” She said and we left them to play so that I can see how the servants were doing in fixing our snack near the old wisdom tree.


“Everything ready?” I asked, as I was hungry again.


“De. Young Master.” One of the servants bowed to me and I just nodded and told her to get the others who were playing at the water.


“Hyun joong oppa did you bring any extra clothes? Jungmin oppa got me wet.” I heard Gab complained as she approached, her robe was obviously soaked.


“Here, use mine for the time being. I’ll get Youngsaeng to dry your robe.” I untied my robe and gave it to her.


“Wait. Gab take off Hyun joon oppa’s robe first.” I heard Min yell as she slowly made her way to us.


“Waeyo?” I asked and look at the part she was pointing at.


“Gab you’re one of them.” Min said and Gab turned around immediately.


“Min Unnie, you’re the young herald?!” she asked in disbelief.


“Babo. Of course you wouldn’t know, you’ve been away for 6 years. Min got selected as the Young Herald half a year ago.” I explained to her and then it finally hit me.


“You’re a chi?!” I asked in disbelief when she just nodded.


“But how come Alicia doesn’t know you, Ei, Alicia you told us that you were together with your sisters and brothers before you got separated right?” I asked her and everyone started chuckling.


“Oppa were you even listening to me when I explained it before?” Alicia said and I just stared at her.


“Aiggoo. Hyung, Alicia said before that she was with her sisters and brother’s before they got separated but she also said that not all of them were together since they were still searching for the others.” Hyung joon explained to me before I nodded.


“Remember I left for America years ago? That was when Alicia unnie decided to move again because it was getting unsafe for us at the human world.” Joelle said.


“De. That’s why I left 6 years ago, to search for my fellow chi’s but I guess you found most of them before me. I had no luck.” I heard her complain as she wore my robe and handed her robe to Youngsaeng.


“Gab, I’ll dry this later, I’m hungry.” Youngsaeng said as he asked one of the servants to hang it up on a branch and sat down.


“If you’re one of them then does that mean you’re going to live with us in the human world?” I asked her hoping silently that she would.


“Would it be okay?” she asked me and Jungmin and the others reassured her.


“Hyung, you’re liking the idea of Gab living with us aren’t you?” I heard Hyung joon tease inside my mind. Well maybe because they all know that the girls I was close with are Min and Gab only.


“Eat before I freeze the water on your stomach that you just drank.” I scared him and he suddenly stops drinking and look at me.


End of POV


“Two more and you guys are complete but I still don’t know what to do with you guys.” Min said as they were playing around again after eating.


“Kwenchana Unnie, you’ll know soon.” Joelle assured her, as she was busy picking different flowers around them.


“Joelle ah, these are beautiful too, how about we combine this and that.” Alicia held out some yellow flowers and pointed out to the violet ones that Joelle was holding.


“What are you girls doing?” Youngsaeng asked them when he noticed them looking around the flower field.


“Looking for flowers, we are thinking of putting it in the vases at home.” Joelle replied as Youngsaeng took the bunch of flowers she was holding so that she can pick more.


“Ya! Get out of the way.” Alicia said to Hyung joon who was busy following her.


“I want to help, see?” Hyung joon said and used his powers to perfectly pick a bunch of flowers and turned each flower into different colors.


“Arasso. But stop changing their colors, I like their natural ones.” Alicia said and Hyung joon immediately changed their colors back to their natural ones.


“Something fishy is going on with those two.” Jungmin whispered to Hyun joong but he was not listening, since he was busy playing with the twins and Gab in the river.


“Great, I can sense four pairs, wait three pairs, my sister is not allowed to have a boyfriend.” The crown prince said in his ever-protective tone and went to bug his sister.


“Young Master, there is a circus that would be performing tonight for the festival, maybe you would want to come.” One of the servants asked Kyu jong who was busy looking at the twins in case they went to the deep part of the water while they were chasing after Hyun joong.


“Jinjja?” 


“De. They will be performing at the plaza.”


“Arasso, then you can bring the horses back. Can you have someone go by my place and tell my family that I will be spending the night there? Komawo.” I asked the servant and she just bowed and went to talk to the other servants.


Youngsaeng’s POV


“Guys, one of the servants just said that a circus will be in town for the festival, want to watch?” Kyu jong asked us while he was helping Jungmin changed the twins clothes after playing with the water.


“What’s a circus?” Aki asked Jungmin but he was not listening at all since he was busy picking out an outfit for them.


“Aki baby, a circus is where talented people perform and make other people happy as they travel from one place to another.” I answered for him.


“Whoa! Jungmin oppa how do you guys do that?” Joelle asked me as she looks at Jungmin snapped his fingers and the twins clothes changed from a green robe to a red one with a different style.


“We from the royal family has this special ability to change clothes like that, it’s like a privilege actually. Jungmin ah, what about this one?” I snapped my finger and the twins was now wearing the same white traditional suits we usually wear during special occasions here at the kingdom, like the festival. user posted image


“This one is good, this way it’s easier to identify them.” Jungmin said and snap his fingers to change his clothes into a light blue suit.


“Are we all ready?” I said after changing mine into the same color as Kyu jong’s, which is black while Hyun joong was wearing a navy blue and Hyung joon was wearing a dark red one.


“Wait, I’m almost done with them.” I heard Min said and when I turned around I saw her changing the girls into their own lace-layered dresses. Alicia was wearing a black one, Min was wearing silver, Gab was wearing a cream colored one and I really like Joelle’s pale red dress.


“Kaja?” I asked them and they all agreed and Hyung joon teleported us near the plaza.


“Wow! You’re plaza sure is huge.” I heard Alicia comment while the twins was getting ready to run around.


“Aki, Yuki don’t go to far where we can’t see you.” I reminded them and they ran ahead while casually looking back at us every now and then.


“Seems like a lot of people wants to see the show.” I heard Joelle comment at the crowd that was forming around the open space.


“That’s because it’s rare for the circus people to stop by here during the festival, they like to travel from one place to another.” I explained to her as the people noticed our arrival and asked someone to bring out some chairs for us.


“Kamsamnida.” I smiled towards the man who arranged the chairs for us.


“No problem your highness.” He bowed down and left. We just got settled down when Hyun joong sensed something was wrong, as the show hasn’t started yet.


“Youngsaeng ah want to check what’s wrong?” I heard Jungmin asked me mentally and I just nodded. We told the rest that we would just check what’s wrong and Min came with us.


“Hey, what seems to be the problem?” I asked one of the girls wearing an acrobat like costume.


“Oh! Your Highness.” She greeted us and we just nodded.


“Two of our girls suddenly sprained their ankle and can’t perform, we don’t know what to do since they were the main highlight of the show.” She explained.


“What was the main highlight?” Jungmin asked and so the girl explained it by detail.


“No problem. I can help out, and Saengie oppa can be the other one.” I heard Min say.


“Ei, have you forgotten that this is an all girl’s show?” I protested and I began to feel nervous at Jungmin and Min’s over wide smile.


End of POV


“Ei, the show is starting where’s Jungmin oppa, Youngsaeng oppa and Min Unnie?” Joelle asked no one directly and started to look around.


“Just enjoy the show Joelle, they are helping out because there seems to be some trouble.” Hyung joong said trying to contain his excitement of what Kyu jong whispered to him about what Min said to him mentally.


The crowd cheered when the show started with some girls playing around with some monkeys who were leaping from one girl to another while balancing on top of another monkey. Then it was followed by more tricks of different animals and the girls themselves while the crowd would applause every after portion of the show. 


“Mommy!” the twins said in unison as they saw Min wearing a cute pink circus outfit balancing on a wire as small fires were floating around her.


“Kwenchana. Those fire petals won’t burn, that’s Jungmin’s creation.” Hyun joong said to Gab who was hesitant to touch the floating fire petal.


“Pretty.” Gab said and Hyun joong agreed but was actually looking at her.


“Hyung!” Hyung joon called out to him mentally and the three guys were laughing when they saw the girl with long curly hair and dressed in a black colored gypsy clothes on the center pole where Min was walking.


“Wei, what’s so funny?” the girls asked confused as they watch the three guys laugh while looking back at the girl standing upside down with only one hand while the other was blowing bubbles.


“Anni. Don’t mind us.” Kyu jong said in between chuckles.


“Gab don’t you think that girl is so pretty? I’m envious.” Joelle said to her and she agreed as they watched Min and that girl simultaneously flip backwards on the thin line of wire and ending it by landing on top of the two pyramids from the other entertainers below.


“You siblings are so dead later!” Youngsaeng said mentally to Jungmin as they bowed down but he was glaring at Jungmin who was at the side where the audience couldn’t see.


“Ei, look at the bright side, the people are happy. Take it as a service to our people.” the grinning crown prince mentally said back.


“Oppa I’m so in love with you like that.” Min said to Youngsaeng when they got backstage.


“Ya! One more and you’re gonna get it.” Youngsaeng said in an irritated voice.


“Arasso. Here.” Min snaps her fingers and Youngsaeng was back to his normal clothes and hair.


“Kamsamnida Your Highness for helping out.” The girl from before said and bowed to them.


“No problem. Call me when you’re on the human world.” Jungmin winked at her and handed her a paper with his number.


“Let’s go please. I want to go home and eat. I’m getting hungry.” Min rolled her eyes at her brother and dragged the two of them towards where the others were.


“Mommy, mommy, walk high.” Yuki greeted her and she was just smiling at the knowing expressions of the three guys.


“De. Was mommy good?” Min asked the twins.


“De. Mommy good, partner pretty too.” Aki replied and Min just giggled while holding each of their hands as they continued to walk towards the carriage waiting for them.


“Don’t even say a word, or else.” Youngsaeng warned them so they decided to keep their mouths shut.

~~~~
A/N: photo (left: Aki ; right: Yuki)