Chapter 10

Destiny at Sunset

Chapter 10

Final Test

Part 1

Min’s POV



“Why do we have to do what this brat is telling us to do?” I heard Hyung joon oppa whine from the kitchen. Seung has been ordering them around for a full two hours now, saying that he won’t help us if they don’t follow.


“Seung, why are you exactly doing this?” Min asked the boy sitting beside her in the living room. 


“Didn’t I tell you to just trust me noona?” Seung Ho told her but she was getting an uneasy feeling that trouble was coming ahead as she recalled how he ended up ordering the five guys around their house.


Flashback

We just back from Hong Kong four days after we found Kimmy but my manager took me to a shooting location straight from the airport.


“Manager unnie, where are you taking me?” I asked her when she dragged me into a tent.


“Min ah meet Yoo Seung Ho, you would be doing a movie together some time soon.” My manager said as a 17-year-old boy turned around but what caught my attention was the glow in his eyes.

user posted image

“I’ll leave you both first to find his manager.” My manager then left and went out of the tent leaving the two of us.


“Noona why are you staring at me?” He said giving me a slight stare.


“You’re a chi.” I said in a low voice as I was just digesting the fact.


“Prove it.”


“Your symbol is at your left eye.”


“What Young Herald are you?”


“Bweol.”


“Prove it.” I gave a sigh, this was one chi that was hard to handle. I made sure no one else was inside the room before I put my hands together in front of my chest and closed my eyes. After a few seconds the necklace was floating and shining in front of me.


“I believe you now.” He finally smiled at me so I told him that he was the last one that we were looking for.


“We?” he asked and I explained him how the five guardians was tasked to help me and that they were SS501.


“SS501? This is interesting. Min noona, you trust me right?” he suddenly said.


“Ne, waeyo?” I asked him but he only gave me a smile. He went home with me that night after his shoot.


End of Flashback

“Seung Ho here’s your sandwich.” Hyun joong oppa placed the plate on the table in front of us while looking at me as if asking if I was all right since I know I look uncomfortable. I just smiled at him while the rest of the guys went to sit down too.


“Kwenchana?” Kyu jong oppa asked mentally as he sat in front of me while Jungmin oppa was beside me.


“De. I think.” I replied mentally but I almost laughed when I saw Youngsaeng oppa and Hyung joon oppa glaring at Seung Ho.


“Thanks guys.” Seung Ho said ignoring the formalities and not even bothering to add the word hyung.


“By the way Min ah, since we all are complete. You guys don’t have to be with her anymore. We can take care of her.” I was shocked at his sudden statement but more so when he held my hand and kissed it.


“Oppa! Andwae!” I pushed Jungmin by his chest as he was about to lunge towards him with fire blazing on his right hand.


“Ouch!” I said when I accidentally touched it, I felt my hand was burning hot.


“Min!!” I heard Kyu jong oppa yell and in seconds he was beside me summoning some water from the vase and healed my hand.


“Does it still hurt?” Jungmin oppa asked frantically even when the burn was gone. I heard a crash and saw Youngsaeng oppa and Hyun joong oppa was punching Seung Ho while Hyung joon oppa was trying to stop them.


“Stop it! All of you!” I shouted and mentally pulled the three apart, sending them directly on the chairs they were seating on before.


“Seung Ho ah, I don’t know what you are trying to do, I trust you but mianhe I won’t let you treat any of my family like that.” I said sternly but to our surprise he just smiled and called out the others.


“Girls, Aki, Yuki can you come out now? It’s over, noona has passed the test.” 


End of POV


“Wae~ what is this all about?” Hyung joon exclaimed as Joelle, Alicia, Gab, Kimmy and the twins suddenly appeared in the living room smiling.


“Oppa, we don’t know who will be the last chi to be found, so we all know that when the Young herald does find him or her, we have to give a test.” Alicia explained to him.


“Test?” Youngsaeng asked.


“De. A test to determine the heart of the Young Herald.” Seung Ho answered for the rest as he bowed down.


“Mianhe. I was rude to you guys. It was all an act.” He said and everyone was laughing a few minutes later when it was finally clear to them of what happened.


“Seung Ho what do want us to call you?” Kyu jong asked him while they were having dinner together.


“Seung will be fine hyung.” He said while eating some barbeque.


“Seung-sshi I still can’t believe you would be reincarnated as a model and actor. I’m your fan you know.” Kimmy said not noticing how Jungmin pouted.


“Kimmy ah if you say it like that I would be embarrassed. I’m still a rookie.” He replied shyly, a total opposite character that he showed a few hours ago.


“But since you all are complete now, what do we do?” Hyun joong asked the question that everybody was asking too.


“Min noona you said that you haven’t met the Moon Young Herald yet right?” Seung Ho asked the princess who was busy feeding the twins together with Jungmin.


“De. We still have to find him. About oppa’s question, I honestly don’t know. I’m lost.” Min said with a heavy sigh.


“You have to find the second Young Herald, and when you do a final test will come. That test we don’t know, it’s the necklaces that decides.” Seung Ho explained.


“How do you know all this?” Jungmin asked.


“Privilege of being the last one, the knowledge just came to me a while ago. I believe the girls have explained to before, our abilities are locked up and only the Young Herald knows how to use it.” He explained. Everyone just nodded and continued to eat their meals, thinking about the next steps they have to take.


“I think we need to get a bigger table.” Kyu jong suddenly announced and they all laughed.


“De. This group is getting bigger.” Jungmin said with a smile but it was gone after hearing the twins.


“Mommy Aki no feel good.” 


“Daddy Yuki no feel good.” The twins said at the same time. Kyu jong stood up and went to check on them.


“They don’t have a fever. What could be wrong with them?” Min said as she felt their temperatures.


“Yuki! Aki!” Jungmin yelled when they suddenly fainted, everyone stood up to get various things to help settle the kids on the couch.


“Oppa can you get Umma here?” Min asked Hyung joon and he nodded and teleported back to their Kingdom but it was only a few seconds and he appeared in the living room again crashing into the floor.


“Oppa!” Alicia rushed towards him with Hyun joong on her heels.


“What happened?” Hyun joong asked.


“A barrier is blocking my magic.” Hyung joon said, in pain of the impact he had on having his magic deflected back to him.


“Our magic is blocked too.” Youngsaeng said in a calm manner when he tried to summon some wind but nothing happened.


“Jinjja?!” Joelle asked and requested the others to try their magic.


“Wae~” Min said when only her magic worked. The rest couldn’t summon theirs and it ends up reflecting back at them causing pain from the deflection.


“Seung-sshi could this be the final test? This is similar to before.” Gab asked Seung Ho who was in deep thought.


“But how is that possible, the second Young Herald is not with us yet?” Kyu jong said, as he was confused as the others are.


“Gab is right, this is the final test already.” Seung Ho said as he took off the twin’s shirt and showed them a red symbol glowing against their fair white skin at their backs. 


user posted image


“What do I do?” Min asked.


“If this is exactly as how it happened before, you must find the source of this magic and win over it or else –“ Seung Ho paused not sure if he should continue.


“Or else the twins might die.” Youngsaeng said for him, as he was still able to read his mind.
 

Part 2

Final Test



“Is there any way that we can see what is happening to Min at the moment?” Kyu jong asked as he was having this feeling that Min was hurt, it has been 30 minutes since a girl who was chosen by the star necklace to administer the final test took her.


“I’m the only person whose ability has been unlock since I was the last to be found, you’re in luck. Is anyone here related to her by blood or at least share a deep bond with her?” Seung Ho asked around.


“I’m her biological brother.” Said Jungmin who was holding Yuki’s cold hand.


“I’m her fighter.” Kyu jong said who was holding Aki’s hand that was starting to feel cold.


“Pass my brothers to them first. I need your blood for a while.” Seung Ho said as he looked for anything that he can use as a make shift monitor after he pointed to the twins then to Alicia and Joelle.


“What do we have to do?” Jungmin and Kyu jong asked him as he was clearing the glass table in front of them.


“Have some of your blood drop to this glass table.” Seung Ho replied as he was writing something in a piece of paper.


“Is this enough?” Jungmin asked as a few drops of blood was on the glass table mixed with Kyu jong’s.


“Ne. Give me a few more seconds.” He replied while the others gathered near the table as he was done writing and placed it on the glass table and an image suddenly reflected on it like it was a TV.


“Omo! Unnie!” Gab said as her hand flew to as they saw Min crashing straight to a tree.


Min’s POV


“It hurts.” I said in my mind as I tried to stand again.


“Young Herald you only have 30 minutes left to save the twins. I don’t want see them dead.” Riza said to me as she stood a few meters from me.


Some time before she suddenly appeared in the living room, introducing herself as the test administrator chosen by Fay.


Flashback

“You only have an hour to save the twins, I’m Riza, your test administrator. Come.” She said and before I could respond I was in an empty street alone with her.


“Use your magic to defeat me but I’ll be using the powers of your Guardians against you as the star necklace had blessed me with temporarily.” Riza said and started attacking me with my brother’s magic.


“Damn.” I cursed as I felt my shoulder got burned while I was avoiding it.


“I only have to defeat you, and that’s it?” I asked while I casted a spell and tried attacking her.


“De. Although I don’t want to harm you, but this is my duty.” She replied after casting aside my attack, and making it return back to me.


“Remember, I can use the magic of your Guardians. Wind, Water, Ice, Earth, Fire, Speed, the ability to read your mind, to move fast...” she continuously attacked me with their powers as she enumerated each of their magic.


“The twin’s lives are in your hands.” She said as I gasped for air, I could feel my body cold yet burning at the same time. She was suddenly in front of me in a mere second and used the wind to knock me against a tree far behind me.


End of Flashback


*chanting


“I won’t let them die, they are my sons now.” I said to myself as I started chanting again. I managed to hit her but it was merely a graze. Fay was definitely helping her out.


“Stop hesitating, release your own power, stop thinking and start believing.” Riza said as she attacked me again, causing me to fall down hard on the cold concrete road.


“Yuki, Aki...” I closed my eyes and pictured their smiles but then their sad crying faces replaced it.


“No one can help you now but yourself...” Riza threw an arrow made of ice towards me, good thing my reflex was still good.


“You are still hesitating, 10 minutes left. They will die, and so will you if you keep this up.” I heard her say as I managed to dodge other attack.


“Otokke?! What magic will work against the guy’s magic? Yuki, Aki mommy won’t let you die.” I said to myself as I was trying to subdue the pain I got from being stab by a vine like staff.


End of POV


---at SS501’s villa


“Unnie...” Kimmy, Joelle, Gab and Alicia were crying as they saw their Master struggle to stand up, blood clearly staining her white shirt rapidly.


“Andwae...andwae...andwae...” Kyu jong keep whispering as tears were falling down his cheeks, his fist clenched as he saw his Caster in pain.


“Kyu jong ah...” Youngsaeng was holding firmly his shoulders while Hyun joong was trying to calm Jungmin down. Seung Ho and Hyung joon was trying their best to keep the twins warm.


“Hyung! This is bad, the twins are barely breathing anymore.” Seung Ho alarmed them.


“Aki and Yuki are innocent, how dare you use them for this stupid test!” They heard Min say as she stood up and concentrated her magic in her hand creating a blue like ball beside her.


“Min!! Unnie!!” they shouted as they gasped in shock when they saw Min charged towards the girl named Riza but she was able to use their magic so their powers were dueling. They could see Min’s magic fighting and blazing against Riza’s barrier creating a fight of blue and orange light mixing and repelling each other.


“ANDWAE!!” Kyu jong shouted when Min was coughing out blood as her magic was weakening.


Everyone was shocked when a moon necklace suddenly appeared in front of Kyu jong and then he was gone. 


Min’s POV


“I won’t loose. I won’t let you take them away. Andwae!” I said to myself as I coughed out more blood but I kept on summoning more magic. Just when my knees was about to go weak, I felt an arm wrapped around my waist and a hand entwining with my hand as I saw another source of magic combine with mine creating a green light.


“Min ah, hang in there. We won’t let our sons die.” I heard a voice say behind my ears.


“Kyu oppa...” I uttered but then I suddenly coughed out more blood.


“Andwae...I won’t give up our sons.” I said, as I called out all my magic, putting my heart and all my feelings for the twins with it.


Kyu jong’s POV


“Andwae...I won’t give up our sons.” I heard Min say as I felt the new magic we created grew stronger.


“De. We won’t give them up.” I closed my eyes and summoned all the magic I could, then I felt the two forces finally repelled sending us both on the ground, but not before I saw Riza walked towards us with a weak smile.


“It’s over now. You passed the test. The twins are safe.” I heard her say as I saw a light enveloped us making everything else white.


End of POV


“Did you just see what I saw?” Jungmin broke the silence that was filling the living room after the make shift monitor suddenly stopped working right after they saw Kyu jong and Min fall down.


“Kyu jong ah had this moon necklace...” Hyung joon said.


“Just like Min’s...” said Hyun joong.


“He’s the Moon Young Herald.” Youngsaeng said what everyone was trying to say.


“Oppa! The twins are okay!!” Gab said in delight as Alicia and Joelle was checking them even though they were warm again and breathing evenly while Kimmy was smiling with tears in her eyes. Just then a white light filled the room and the guys rushed to it when they saw three figures appear.


“MIN!!” Jungmin ran to her sister’s side as he saw her covered in blood while Kyu jong was talking to her to keep her awake.


“Oppa...the twins...” Min uttered and he just shushed her saying that they are already fine and sleeping tightly.


“Hyun Joong oppa can you help her?” Gab asked him as she saw Riza leaning on the wall, clutching her right arm that was bleeding.


“Kwenchana, this is nothing. The star necklace protected me, its not that deep.” Riza tried to avoid what Hyun joong’s hand but Seung Ho grabbed her arms to prevent her from moving too much.


“Jungmin ah give Kyu jong some space.” Youngsaeng held Jungmin on both shoulders as Kyujong frantically summoned some water and started healing Min’s injuries.


“I’ll get some clean towels and clothes for both girls, Alicia ah help me please.” Hyung joon presented and Alicia willingly helped him.


Kyu jong’s POV


“Min don’t give up just yet, I’ll make you feel better.” I said to her mentally as I know she was physically wiped out.


“Kwenchana, I’m not that weak oppa.” She replied mentally making me feel more at ease and less panicky as I healed her. It was taking a longer time than usual since she was pretty cut and bleeding almost everywhere. Good thing when I heal her no scars would be seen and the pain will disappear too.


“Kyu oppa, you’re my partner, and you’re the young herald too...” Min said to me mentally though it was a bit weak.


“De but it hasn’t sunk in yet. We’ll talk about that after you get some rest.” I replied as I was about done with healing her.


“Master Soo Min, Master Kyu jong, congratulations for passing your final test.” I heard Riza say and saw her bow down before us.


“Mianhe. For causing harm towards your family.” She bowed again.


“Babo. You were only a test administer, commanded by the necklace. We don’t blame you.” I saw Seung Ho hit her head lightly but he was smiling at her.


“Ya! Just because you’re a year older than me it doesn’t mean you can bully me.” Riza retorted and Seung Ho just laughed.


“Wait, Seung-sshii you know her?” Hyung joon asked while handing a clean towel and a set of clothers to Riza.


“De. I was surprised at first that she was the test administrator, she’s my first love and the only girl that rejected me.” Seung Ho said, then Riza elbowed him making him chuckle as he rub his stomach.


“I guess they forgot they were talking to us.” I said mentally to Min and carried her towards her bedroom.


“Ya! Where are you taking my sister?!” I heard Jungmin shout and I just chuckled at his reaction.


“Wae?~ I was just bringing her to her room to get her freshen up, she’s falling asleep already.” I said as I was smiling like Joelle who was following us.


“What makes you think you can do that?! You’re a guy!” Jungmin reacted and then Hyun joong smacked his head.


“Babo. That is why Joelle and Kimmy is following him.” I heard him say as I saw the other girls take the twins to their rooms and the rest following us.


“Aigggoo. I’m getting the feeling I won’t be able to rest tonight.” I chuckled as I heard Min complain to me mentally as she buried her face on my shirt.


“Ya! You’re only dating why are you clinging to Kyu jong like that. Soo Min remove your head from there.” I could hear Jungmin yelling behind me as I entered Min’s room chuckling and agreeing with her. It would be a long night.
 

~~~~

 

A/N:

1st pic: Yoo Seung Ho from God of Study

2nd pic: sorry if the emblem is crappy..just made it myself...