Chapter 15

Destiny at Sunset

 

Chapter 15

Reason to Celebrate?

Youngsaeng’s POV



“Seung Ho, I know you told us to wait until you tell us what exactly happened, but it’s been 17 days now.” I told him.


“Seung Ho, it’s been too long and yet Unnie and Kyu jong oppa still hasn’t gained consciousness, I guess we can tell them.” I heard Joelle say and I looked at her, surprised that she agreed I was expecting them to refuse like how they were these past few days.


“Arasso. Arasso.” Seung Ho said. Everyone turned his or her attention to him.


“Do you remember what happened the moment we got back here at the kingdom?” he asked first, I nodded as I recalled that sad scenario.


Flashback

We ran instantly after recognizing that it was Kyu jong and Min who appeared suddenly at the Palace’s garden.


“Get the healers!!” I shouted knowing that Hyun joong can’t heal anymore since he used too much magic already.


I checked at Kyu jong he was cold as ice, I looked at Min she was covered in cuts and her cream clothes were now crimson red.


“Min? Ei, can you hear me?” I asked her when I noticed her eyes fluttered but she didn’t respond. Instead she reached out to Kyu jong’s hand and whispered a chant that was when the others appeared. 


“Guys checked them.” I said to Hyung joon since I was holding Kyu jong. I felt relieved when they said they were just sleeping. I looked at Joelle for a few seconds before I returned my attention to Kyu jong.


“Kyu...ya!” I called out to him again but my voice was being shaky due to the tears that I was fighting. He wasn’t moving at all, his breathing was light; I couldn’t sense any life inside of him.


“Andwae!! Someone help us!!” I heard Jungmin’s yell and cries as we saw Min’s hand suddenly fell down to the ground as she closed her eyes. By then the healers have arrived and took them from our arms.


We stood outside Min’s room where all of us were waiting when the Queen arrived. We bowed down to greet her.


“You’re friends have been taken to their own rooms and are currently resting, it seems like Min and Kyu jong had put them into deep sleep after using their powers which drained them.” The Queen said before hugging Jungmin who was quiet all this time.


“Kwenchana. I have talked to the healers. They are now settling your sister and Kyu jong inside the room. They have to be close to one another.” The Queen said which confused us.


“Are they alright? I don’t get it.” I asked, she told us to follow her when the healers opened the door and came out. We entered Min’s room and saw both of them lying down on the same huge bed with their hands interlocked.


“My daughter is the caster so all the cuts you saw was from the battle that both she and Kyu jong received. As for the rest, its up to the chi’s to tell you when it’s the right time. The young heralds are now facing a difficult test, whether they will wake up or not is out of our hands. Even I can’t help them.” The Queen said and left, leaving us all slumping down on the chairs in Min’s room.


After that the whole palace was sad to see our young heralds unconscious. Min and Kyu jong were close to the townspeople, even when we were little, so it wasn’t surprising that like us, they were sad and worried about them.


We would spend our day in Min’s room, talking to them even though we were not sure whether they could hear us or not, this was our routine these past days.


End of Flashback


“What does this have to do with what happened?” Hyun joong’s question snapped me out of my reverie.


“The reason why they are still unconscious until now is not because of their injuries, it was just an added factor.” He said and we all listened to his explanation. I felt a great weight was lifted from my chest, though I was still worried but we were happier now than the previous days.


End of POV


“Hmmm...so these two are locked in some kind of maze that was created by the curse that resided in fox’s body?” Hyung joon said while staring at Min and Kyu jong.


“De. Only when they managed to find each other would the necklaces be able to help them get out of there.” Alicia replied and reminded him to be quiet since the twins were asleep on one side of the room.


“When they finally managed to damage his body, they summoned a spell that could get rid of the curse in his body but in return they would be brought into that curse’s maze.” Youngsaeng said out loud to digest the information properly.


“Babo. Why risk yourselves like this and make us worry. Can’t we do anything to help them?” Jungmin asked while flicking Min’s head lightly.


“Oppa! Don’t do that.” Riza scolded him.


“The reason we couldn’t tell you before was that if you guys tried to do anything to help them other than heal their superficial wounds, they could get lost in the maze forever, and they could die.” Gab explained and tried to stop Hyun joong who was on top of Kyu jong trying to wake him up with some ice in hand.


“Ya! You all were sad just a few minutes ago why are you all acting like this?” Joelle asked since the four guys were all over the two young heralds attempting to attack them with their magic just to wake them up.


“Just kidding. Of course we are happy, we feel much better than before. You guys should have told us sooner. We all thought they were dying, the whole palace thought they are dying.” Hyung joon said as they got off the bed and sat down.


“That’s why we keep telling you that everything will be fine, but we are serious, they could still die. Take it as if they are in a 50-50 situation in a hospital.” Joelle warned them.


“But are you all okay? That spell was a forbidden one right? Since not all young heralds can use it because it needs a great deal of power from both the chi’s and their masters.” Jungmin asked them, worry was written all over his face.


“Kwenchana oppa, we have recovered already. Min unnie and Kyu jong oppa are good young heralds, they put us first before thinking about themselves.” Kimmy assured him and the others agreed with her. 


“Guys! The Queen is calling for you.” Krystel called out for them with Hyun joong’s older brother behind her.


“Dongsaeng ah, don’t you get tired of following my hyung everyday? He can be very dangerous you know.” Hyun joong messed her hair as he pass by her and giving his elder brother a light punch on his arm.


“Ya! Stop bullying your soon to be sister-in-law.” His brother replied back and hit him playfully on the arm too.


“I know, heard it from Umma. I won’t congratulate you yet, since dongsaeng can still change her mind.” Hyun joong playfully said and ran awaty from his brother who was running after him with Krystel walking with the others and shaking her head.


“These two just won’t grow up.” Gab said as they made their way to see the Queen.


“Gab, you and I know that their way of showing their love is through their constant teasing.” Krystel replied and looked at Aki and Yuki who were being carried by Youngsaeng and Jungmin.


Kyu jong’s POV


“Min ah can you hear me?” I shouted for the 57th time as I was walking around the maze. It was full of traps and I can’t use any magic in this maze, which made me worry about her.


“Min you must be safe, we made a promise.” I said as I recalled the last scene before we were trapped in this maze.


Flashback

Min held my hand and her dream about Elaborox and Kirio flashed in my mind.


“What do you want to do now?” I asked her mentally as we attacked and evaded Fox’s magic.


“We’re only left with one choice, use the forbidden spell.” She replied and I wanted to object but I know it was our last option.


“Arasso. But what about the chi’s?” I asked, they would be in with us if we don’t release them from inside of me but we still need their magic, it was one of the required powers to summon the spell.


“Leave that to me.” She replied.


“Don’t tell me you’re going to—“


“De. Kwenchana. I’ll be fine.” She said she was going to sacrifice herself to seal them right after we finish the spell, but this will in return give a huge toll on her body.


“Fine, but promise me one thing.” I said.


“What is it?” she asked.


“When we get out of the curse, be my girlfriend.” I said as I summoned a barrier to block fox’s attack.


“What?!” I heard her say out loud.


“I love you, even from our childhood days. Saranghae, so if you really want to sacrifice yourself, you have to make sure you get out of that curse too and be my girlfriend.” I said in one breather as she matched my steps and sent the rocks flying towards our enemy.


“Arasso. But promise me one thing too.” She said.


“What is it?”


“You have to face my brother alone, I won’t help you, he’s scary.” She said and I hid my laughter at her condition.


“Deal. On the count of three?” I asked as we talked to the chi’s mentally and told them our plan.


“Follow my lead then.” Min said and acted like she was giving up, giving me the perfect chance to sneak up on him.


“Terebro Nox.”


“Ego Sum Deus.” We chanted.


End of flashback



“And the next thing I knew after saying I love you was I’m at this freaky maze.” I said to myself as I ignored the voices that was tempting me to give up.


“I hate mazes, I’m not good with directions!!” I yelled then run when another creature like the one I have met for the 20th time appeared.


“Ouch!” I said as I tripped on something, I closed my eyes, as the creature was about to lunge towards me.


“Ya! Are you really that hopeless with directions?!” I heard a voice and when I looked up it was Min wiping her hand as the creature scampered away.


“Ke Ke mianhe, you know I hate those.” I stood up and tried to hug her but I just passed through her.


“Babo. We are not in our bodies.” She giggled as she shook her head.


“Oh! I forgot.” I smiled and looked at her shyly.


“Kaja. I figured the pattern already, we are almost at the exit. We can call for fay and Karin there.” She said and I began to follow behind her so that I won’t be lost.


“But don’t you think this maze is not that hard as we expected?” I said as we passed along another turn.


“Actually it is hard, especially for those with negative feelings, if you listen once to the voices around us, you’ll be stuck here forever. But we made a promise right, so it doesn’t affect us that much, but it is kinda huge, I’m getting tired from walking.” She said as she smiled at me since I almost lost her again when she turned right.


“So you still remember our promise.” I asked as we walked into a dark area.


“Maybe, see you there.” She said as the Star necklace shined suddenly and she was gone.


“This is the exit? Karin?” I called out.


“Karin?”


Oh! Sorry Kyu jong, I was busy assessing your over all condition. Kaja?” she asked.


“Take me home, I still have a girl to woe.” I said as my moon necklace appeared and I was engulfed in a white light.


“You’re late! I’m awake 30 minutes ahead of you.” I saw Min towering over me with her hands leaning on top of my shoulders.


“Mianhe. I got lost a little after we got separate.” I said with a chuckle.


“Wae~” She eyed me curiously. I couldn’t tell her how cute she towering over me with a pout on her face.


“I hear oppa’s voice.” She quickly stood up and ran to the door immediately after it opened.


Jungmin’s POV


“Ya! Can’t you walk any faster?” I called out to the group behind me. I wanted to get back to my sister’s room since we have been gone for two hours.


“Oppa!” I felt someone jump on me, making us fall down on the ground and making my back hit the ground hard.


“Ya! WHAT—“ I couldn’t finish my sentence when I realize it was my sister hugging me with a foolish smile on her face.


“Min?!” I said and hugged her tightly, tears swelling on my eyes.


“Unnie!” the others said in shock.


“Oppa. I’m home.” She said as she hugged me back.


“Welcome back.” I kissed the top of her head, happiness bursting from my chest.


“Ahem...Mal you might want to consider getting up first.” I heard a voice from the door say making me realize that we were still on the ground.


“Kyu jong!! Kyu jong oppa!!” I heard the others say and I look up and saw his smiling face looking at me. The others jumped on him and harassed him until he was inside the room.


“Ya! You just woke up and you’re calling me that already.” I playfully yelled at him, I was about to stand up to joing the others but Min won’t budge from her grasp on me.


“Oppa, Unnie is asleep again.” Kimmy said while poking her shoulder.


“Jinjja?” I asked worriedly and carried her up and towards the room. The four guys were on the bed still harassing Kyu jong.


“Ya! Move your butts! I have to put Min down!!” I yelled and playfully kicked them off the bed as I put my sister down.


“Asleep already?” Kyu jong asked me.


“De. I’m getting worried, you guys were asleep for 17 days and you just woke up and now she’s asleep again.” I said pouting.


“We were asleep for 17 days?!!!” Kyu jong’s eyes went wide.


“Kyu jong oppa you took so long to get out of the maze.” Alicia and Gab complained while Joelle was laughing at the others who were now bullying Hyung joon.


“It was like just a 5 hours when we were actually there.” Kyu jong said in deep thought.


“Should we go and fetch the healers just in case?” Krystel asked.


“No need for that oppa. Remember, she sealed them and in return it made her body weak, just a few more rest and unnie will be alright.” Riza said while pointing at Kimmy, Gab, Alicia, Joelle, Seung Ho and the twins that were still asleep.


End of POV


---2 days after


The whole kingdom and the whole palace was happy as the two young heralds were getting better each passing day, sleeping less than before and were able to walk and visit the town. The Queen then decided to hold a banquet in celebration and as to formally introduce the second young herald.


“So when will you stop ignoring me, it’s been two days?” Kyu jong whispered to Min as they were dancing as requested by the Queen.


“Am I? I didn’t notice.” Min smiled and flirtingly winks at one of the guys who were drooling over her.


“Stop that.” Kyu jong pouted not seeing how that guy’s shoe caught fire suddenly.


“Stop what?” Min asked innocently as the music changed and she twirled into the arms of someone else, another guy drooling over her.


“Mind if I dance with you?” Youngsaeng took Kyu jong’s arms and danced with him making the other guys who were near them laugh.


“No thanks. Joelle catch!” Kyu jong stuck out his tongue and pushed him playfully towards his girlfriend.


“Oppa what is unnie doing?” Joelle asked Youngsaeng after she playfully catches him. All of them were dancing in pairs. 


“Playing. I told her that Kyu jong was a guy who seldom gets jealous and has a long patience, she’s testing it.” Youngsaeng smiled as Joelle shook her head giggling.


“Oppa stop harassing those guys, and will you for once give your attention to me rather than Min unnie?” Kimmy said and walked out when Jungmin didn’t hear what she said since he was glaring at other people.


“Kimmy! Ya! Why are you leaving me here?” Jungmin suddenly notices her leaving and ran after her.


“Oh! I smell a lovers quarrel even before they become lovers.” Hyung joon said while he was dancing with Alicia.


“Aiggoo this kid. Stop nosing around other people’s love life would you.” Alicia shook her head at his nosiness.


“Then would you at least allow me to nose around our love life, when will you answer me?” Hyung joon said cheekily but she just ignored him.


“Gab in situations like this, its best to ignore them.” Hyun joong whispered to her while he led her away from the group by dancing.


“Ya! Won’t they get mad?” Gab said chuckling softly since he was taking big strides while dancing.


“They won’t if they don’t notice.” He said mischievously and continued to dance with her when they were already a little far from the group.


Min’s POV


“Stop that.”


“Stop what?” I said innocently at Kyu oppa as I went to dance with another guy. I tried to smile happily though it was obvious that he was gawking over my legs.


I was trying to get him jealous and I was having fun seeing him struggle and try not to be.


“Sorry, she’s taken.” I felt a hand grabbed my arm, I smiled in my head after seeing it was Kyu oppa.


“Wae~ I was having fun.” I tried to act annoyed. He stood still looking at me, hands on his hips as if he was thinking of something. I walked backwards, one step at a time while smiling at him.


“Stand where you are.” He said looking straight at me.


“Bwoh?” I said and tilted my head sideward waiting for him to answer.


“A promise is a promise, be my girlfriend.” He said with his hands still on his hips.


“Hmm...about that...” I pouted acting as if I was thinking.


“Anyone here wants to object about me making Princess Soo Min my girlfriend?” He said real loud making the music stop and everyone staring at us. My eyes went wide but I tried to hide my shock.


“No one?” he asked and I had to hold the laughter that was coming when I saw the other guys silencing my brother and Kyu oppa sending death glares to those who attempted to raise their hand. 


“Oh boy, so this is how he acts when he is jealous, still calm.” I said to myself.


“Well then, no one objects, be my girlfriend....” he said as he took one step forward.


“wae? You can’t forced it on me?” I said sheepishly.


“I love you, I tried not to but as years went on, this feeling just grew, bolder, stronger, deeper...” I swallowed slowly as he was just a step away from me.


“Will you accept this love?” He said holding my right hand in his.


“Babo. Of course I would.” I couldn’t hold it anymore, I was just too happy.


“I love you.” He whispered his lips an inch from me.


“I love you too.” I managed to say before he captured my lips with his. His warm soft lips were sending chills to my spine and happiness in my heart.


“I think I have to invent more ways to see you get jealous.” I said after breaking our short kiss.


“Aiiggoo since when did you learn to be this bad?” he chuckled and embraced me. I could her the twins who were sitting with my mom screaming with delight.


“Let’s just say I had a great teacher.” I teased referring to Saengie oppa.


“Ya! I haven’t agreed yet!!” we broke into laughter when we heard my brother yell.


“Remember my condition? Go and face him yourself.” I said laughing.


“Uhh...I’ll do that tomorrow.” He said and ran away when my brother tried to grab him. 


The music started again and everyone went on to enjoy the night, as it was a night of celebration.


~~~~
wub.gif