Destiny at Sunset

Destiny at Sunset

Epilogue

Destiny at Sunset

2 Years after



“I want to see Joelle and Youngsaeng oppa’s baby.” Riza said while watching TV in the living room with the others.


“They said they’d be back soon right? Saeng’s umma wanted to see her granddaughter.” Kyu jong said while cooing over his 1-year-old son.


“Kimmy ah, do you know how Jungmin oppa is doing?” Gab asked. 


They haven’t seen Jungmin in the past year since SS501 was on a 1 year long vacation so that they can all spend some time with their new family.... together...since they are all living in one house, except for Jungmin.


For these past two years they only saw him 5 times. Twice for recording their songs, Once for a mini concert, once for a fan meeting, and once when Min gave birth. 


“All I know is what you guys know. Kwenchana. You know he’s working hard as the King. Aside from the missions he sends us, I don’t have any news at all.” Kimmy said with a bittersweet smile as she was helping Hyun joong taking care of the 8 months pregnant Gab.


“I miss the times when we were all complete in this villa.” Alicia said while sitting on Hyung joon’s lap. They were already engaged, as so are Riza and Seung Ho, the rest are already married except for Kimmy and Jeremy.


“I miss you guys too.” They all turned to the voice they missed these past two years and they all stood up and rushed to him, except for Kimmy and Min who stood frozen at their place.


Jungmin’s POV


“Mal!” Hyung joon and Hyun joong hugged me at the same time and if it wasn’t for the wall behind me I could have fallen.


“Arasso. Arasso. I know I miss you too.” I patted their backs and turned towards the girls who were eager to hug me too. I miss these dongsaengs.


“Hey! Are you just going to stand there and not give your greetings to your King?” I said and I smiled when Min went near me so I can pull her into a tight hug.


“I miss you oppa!” I heard my sister say and I couldn’t help but smile too as I gave her a quick kiss on her forehead.


“Ya! Kyu jong! How can my nephew grow that big after a year since I last saw him?” I yelled and took little Jungmin into my own arms and kissed his chubby cheeks while swaying her back and forth.


“Hey stranger! Mind introducing yourself.” I said teasingly to Kimmy who finally decided to approach me. 


“Hey yourself. You’ve been gone way too long.” I chuckled at her response.


“We’ll settle that later.” I winked at her and everyone was teasing us.


“Where are Youngsaeng and Joelle? They were supposed to be here before me.” I asked to change the topic.


“Right here.” I heard Saeng say as they entered the living room with their crying 3 months old baby daughter Eun Mi in tow. 




“Ah! So cute. Why are you crying little baby?” I heard the girls coo over her as Youngsaeng went to the kitchen to prepare some milk for her.


“Ka (come).” I pulled Kimmy with me after I gave Jungmin back to my sister.


Kimmy’s POV


“What are we doing here outside? It’s cold here.” I said while taking a seat on a big rock at the garden.


“Mianhe. I just need to talk to you.” I heard Jungmin oppa say before he placed his coat over me to warm me up.


“So...how have you been?” he asked me taking a sit beside me.


“Good. I just started my work at a fashion company. You?” I countered.


“Tired, but I’m now free.” I stared at him when he said that, puzzled at what he meant.


“What do you mean?” I managed to ask him.


“Marry me.” My mouth gaped open at his question.


“Kim, these past two years I never stopped thinking about you, my love for you pushed me through the loneliness I felt. I don’t want to be away from you again, marry me.” I watch and listened to him say as he opened his right hand, and summoned some fire before it turned into a ring.


“Yes.” I hugged him tightly, feeling his warmth and filling the emptiness I felt of missing him after he put the ring on my finger.


“I love you.” I heard him whisper in my ear.


“I love you too.” I whispered back.


“But oppa, I don’t think I’m ready to be a Queen, I don’t think I can stay at the palace forever.” I said suddenly and he just laughed at me, making me pout.


“Babo. Why do you think I spent working non-stop for two years? I came back to tell you guys that Hyun joong’s brother will be the next King, and the coronation will be two months from now.” I heard him say but I didn’t get it.


“When I asked you to wait for me, it was the time I decided to settle things at the palace first before leaving my throne to someone worthy of it than me. I have always noticed Hyung’s leadership skills, so we spent the whole two years fixing everything and training him on how to lead our Kingdom.”


“Ah! Now I get it. Ei, that means Kyrstel unnie is the new Queen, I can’t bully her anymore.” I said and I received a flick on the head for that.


“Ya!” was the only word I manage to say as I saw his face descended slowly towards me, making our lips meet in a passionate kiss.


End of POV


---6 months after, at a park in Busan


The coronation was a big success and everyone was now happy. SS501 had resumed their activities and were spending their day doing recordings and taking care of their families, while they act as Guardians at night together with Min.


“Yuki! Fighting! Go! Go! Go! Whhhoooooo” Hyung joon, Jungmin, and the ever-proud daddy Kyu jong was shouting while watching the 7-year-old Yuki run in the kid’s marathon. 


Aki was a swimmer while Yuki was a part of a running team from their elementary school.


“Leave it to them to make a racket just by cheering.” Alicia said while eyeing the three guys who were gaining the attention of the other audience.
 


“Mommy daddy is funny.” Aki said to Min as they were watching Yuki ran and saw Kyu jong doing a gag dance when Yuki was leading.


“Kimmy I thought you were helping out with the babies?” Alicia asked her when she arrived.


“Riza and Seung Ho arrived at our hotel room already, and Jeremy is with them to help.” Kimmy said and looked for Yuki on the racetrack.


“What are Hyun joong and Youngsaeng doing then?” Joelle asked since she knew Gab was asleep cos she just gave birth two months ago.


“Asleep on the hotel’s couch.” Kimmy said with a smile when she remembered what they looked like while sleeping. Worn out from taking the night shift of taking care of their babies. 


“Ei, Kimmy, when will you give Jungmin oppa a child?” Min nudged her gently.


“Unnie! We’re not married yet, the wedding is still a month away.” Kimmy said blushing.


“But you can always make your baby in advance.” Joelle .


“Ya! Stop that. She’ll burst if we continue to .” Alicia said, laughing with the other girls when Kimmy just pouted and looked at Jungmin who was carrying Yuki and fussing over him before Kyu jong could go near him after he won the first round.


---


“Cheers!!” everyone said in celebration of Yuki’s winning and Aki’s blessing for his upcoming swimming competition. It was still 3 in the afternoon but all of them were in a festive mood after watching the running marathon that morning.


“Aki, Yuki stop stepping on Jeremy’s shadow.” Hyung joon warned the twins, ever since Min and Kyu jong stopped suppressing their powers, they have been using it to bully Jeremy. Jeremy can’t move when the twin’s uses their magic to step on his shadow.


“De uncle Jun.” They said and went running towards the hotel’s playground a few meters from where the others were.


“Oppa! Isn’t this a very joyful day?” Min said as she leaned her head on Kyu jong’s chest as he was hugging her from her back.


“De. I’m glad that everyone has found their happiness.” Kyu jong said and hugged her more tightly.


They stayed in that position looking at Youngsaeng feeding Joelle some barbeque with their daughter in between them, Jungmin who was busy flirting with Kimmy, Riza who was bullying Seung Ho and Hyung joon together with Alicia, and Gab who was seriously feeding her daughter until Hyun joong put on an alien headband on his head as he watched his daughter make a mess of the food being shoved in .


Fate is not chosen by power or magic.


Love cannot be predicted nor could it give warning.


Destiny is just like the sunset.


There is darkness but there is also light.


When the sun sets...a new day awaits...a new day to correct mistakes...a new day to love like there's no tomorrow...a new sunrise that gives happiness and a fresh start each time you feel like giving up...


This is everyone's destiny at sunset...



“Saranghae.”


“Saranghaeyo.”



~~~