Chapter 6

Destiny at Sunset

Chapter 6

Shootings + Twins / chi = Fever



“Master! Master! Wake Up!” the twins were jumping up and down on her bed at 6 in the morning.


“Arasso. Arasso. I’m awake.” She replied as she grabbed Aki and sat up while holding him in her arms like a stuff toy.


“Master, kwenchana?” Aki said as he just sat there on her lap.


“De. Master will be fine.” Min replied, it has been a week now and they still haven’t found any new chi’s which makes her worry more, plus the uneasy feeling she always gets, like someone is watching her every move is stressing her out.


“Master hot.” Yuki said while pressing his forehead to hers.


“Kwenchana. Master just lacks some sleep.” She reassured them, which was partly true since she had to take care of her sick housemates for three straight days and not to mention that she is shooting a drama.


“Now go and eat your breakfast before I eat you, noona will drive you to school today.” The twins ran out of her room screaming and woke the whole house in the process.


“So sleepy.” Jungmin rubbed his eyes and went inside his bathroom to fix himself up before eating breakfast.


“Jungmin ah, you awake?” He heard Youngsaeng’s voice inside his head while putting on some clothes.


“De. Just dressing up, waeyo?” He replied and took a hair dryer.


“Just checking, you have rehearsals for Grease today.” 


“De. You’re shooting the Ur Man Mv today right?” Jungmin asked him.


“De. We already left. Alicia already cooked our breakfast, make sure to eat first, and take care. Someone is watching us, I can feel it.” Youngsaeng warned him.


“I know. I can feel it too.” He replied and they stopped talking.


“It’s your first day of class so behave arasso? Alicia unnie or Jungmin hyung will pick you up later after school. So don’t go with any strangers arasso?” Min said to the twins outside their kindergarten classroom.


“De. Noona won’t pick us up?” Yuki asked pouting.


“Mianhe. Noona has a shooting together with Hyun joong hyung. I’ll make it up to you arasso?” Min tried to console them even if her head was spinning.


“De.” Both of them answered and gave her a hug before going with their teacher inside the classroom.


“Hyun joong ah, ready?” the director asked him as they were about to start the shooting for the BOF drama.


“De.” He answered but he was looking at Min who was rehearsing lines with Kibum. He just has this feeling that someone was watching them.


“Remember to open your connections with your fighter.” Hyun joong whispered to Min when he passed to get to the set and Min just nodded while she mentally switch it on.


Youngsaeng’s POV


“Let me out. Nooo.” I said gripping the grails on the elevators gate, fooling around at our set for the Ur Man music video while the staff was busy getting ready.


“Youngsaeng-sshi, one of our cordi noona couldn’t come so I brought a friend to help us out, hope you don’t mind.” One of the staff informed me.


“De. No problem.” I answered; they always ask my opinion lately since I’m the leader of the project group. I continued playing around the elevator.


“Uh, Youngsaeng-sshi, noonna asked me retouch your make up.” I heard someone call and when I turned around I was actually surprised to see my old classmate.


“Joelle ah.” I said and she just smiled as she motioned to a chair.


“You’re still the same, you’re still very playful, and look the make up is fading.” I chuckled at her complaint she was still like before.


“Since when did you come back from Amercia?” I asked, two months after our debut years ago, she told me that she had to go to America as commanded by her family. I lost the number she gave me so I never really gotten to contact her again.


“A week ago or so.” She answered briefly while she brushed some foundation.


“Joelle ah, can you help me and retouch the make up of the dancers?” We heard one of the cordi noona call for her.


“De. Be right there.” She answered and she dab a few more powder before taking her leave.


“Joelle ah we should eat together some time with the guys.” I called out to her as she was starting to leave.


“Sure. Just tell me when, I’ll give my number later.” She replied back and hurried off towards the dressing room.


“Joelle? Joelle who? Why is she eating with us?” I heard Jungmin’s voice inside my head.


“Joelle as in the Joelle who made Hyung joon cry before for eating his favorite pasta.” I replied in my mind and I chuckled when Jungmin gave his high pitch laughter at the memory of our maknae’s crying.


End of POV


“And cut!!” the director called out and Min and Kibum instantly high five.


“Ei, Min ah, kwenchana? Omo you’re running a fever.” Kibum asked her when she suddenly looked pale.


“Kwenchana, I just lack some sleep.” Min reassured him but he wouldn’t stop.


“Is that the last scene we have to shoot today?” He asked their director.


“De.”


“Then I’ll drive Min to her home, she has a fever.” 


“I can take her.” Hyun joong offered but the director said he still have some scenes to be taken.


“Don’t worry Hyun joong, I promise to get her home safe.” Kibum assured his co-actor and he just nodded knowing that Kibum was a good man.


“Here’s our address in case she falls asleep. Someone should be at home to help you go in.” Hyun joong handed out a paper after writing their address down.


“Arasso. See you tomorrow.”


“De. Min ah go and rest at home, you know how to contact us when you need something, arasso? I’ll get your manager to bring your car home.” Hyun joong said to her and she just nodded and wave goodbye.


Kyu jong’s POV


“Aiiyyoo you have to take some medicine, we’ll stop by a pharmacy and buy one, do you want those candy like tablets?”


“sunbae I’m not a kid.”


“Ei, but you look like one.”


“Sunbae!”


“Arasso. Arasso. Go rest, I think we’re almost at your home.” I heard this voices inside my head and I have to ask the director to re-take my first shot since I got distracted.



“Who the hell is that guy with Min?” I muttered to myself and I decided to turn off mine first so that I can concentrate.


“Ready Kyu jong-sshi?” the director called out.


“De.” 


“And action!” Like how I do every performance, I gave it my all. Blocking all things that disturb me at the back of my mind.


I smiled a little while acting when I saw the twins jumping up and down, flinging their arms so that I would notice them. Jungmin was holding the hems of their shirts so that they wouldn’t run towards the set.


“And cut! Alright prepare for the group shot.” The director said and the staff hurriedly prepared the set.


“Aiiggoo I see some twins trying to get the attention of their hyung.” I said to the two of them as they happily jump on me the moment I was near them.


“They wanted to see you guys before going home so I thought it’s okay to drop by and give some support.” Jungmin said to us and went to bully Hyung joon inside the dressing room.


“Hyung!” Aki waved his hands towards Youngsaeng the minute we entered the door.


“Wow! Our Kyu jong is strong.” He commented at the twins I was carrying in both arms and took Aki.


“Hyung y.” Yuki grinned and spread out the ed parts of my polo and I had to balance him on one arm to keep his hands from totally exposing my chest.


“Yuki ah, is this y?” Jungmin pointed to Hyung joon’s obvious open polo shirt.


“Anni. Jungmin umma y charisma.” Yuki answered happily and the staff inside our dressing room couldn’t help but fuzz over them, leaving a pouting Hyung joon in his chair.


End of POV


Alicia’s POV


“Thank you for bringing her home, and Mianhe for troubling you.” I thank the man that brought Min home, Kibum, as she had introduced.


“Kwenchana. We work together, its only natural to take care of her. Anyways I have to go now. Bye.” He smiled and I walked him towards the lobby before closing the door and walking back towards my master’s room.


“He’s gone master.” I said to Min who was already sitting down and have changed to another set of clothes.


“Komawo. Where are the kids?” she asked while taking a baseball cap.


“Jungmin oppa fetch them at school, he said he’ll take them to where the others were.” I replied and I ran to her when she almost fainted.


“I suggest you rest first master.” I worriedly said but she refused.


“I have to go and solve this new riddle. Take care while I’m out arasso?” she said and she cast a spell that took her somewhere else.


“Why are you stubborn like the previous Young herald.” I muttered to myself and went to the kitchen to call Hyung joon about the new riddle.


Min’s POV


“A veil of fear, a veil of dust, it lurks in the shadows, light is not a must...” I repeated the new riddle Fay had given me.


“Is it just me or you’re giving me hard riddles on purpose...” I said to Fay even if I know it won’t reply. I scanned my surroundings, a veil of fear, a veil of dust. I’m in the right place as far as I know. I scanned the dock again to see if I missed anything.


“There...” I said when I saw a shadow of a person walked towards a building.


“Hey! Kwenchana?” I turned the girl I saw laying down on the floor and was shocked at who it was.


“Joelle?. Ei, Joelle wake up.” I shook her but she wouldn’t. 


“Joelle you’re one of them.” I said in a whisper when I saw her glowing symbol at her neck. Just then I felt a presence hover over us.


“Damn!” I uttered and luckily I was fast enough to put up a barrier.


“What the hell is this thing?” I asked no one in particular as I observed it. It doesn’t have any definite shape, and it takes on any shape it encounters, like a shadow.


“You’re getting on my nerves.” I said in frustration as I missed it again. I was growing tired, maybe due to my fever.


“Kyu oppa.”


End of POV


The creature lunged towards her knocking the Young Herald unconscious.


“Kyu oppa.” She managed to say in her mind before she lost sight of what was happening.


“Damn! I lost her.” Kyu jong cursed when her connection to his Caster was suddenly cut off.


“She should be here somewhere, I can sense her.” Jungmin said, trying not to panic.


“Mianhe. If only I didn’t turn it off a while ago...” he began to apoligize but Hyun joong cut him off.


“It’s not your fault. Remember, she is the Young Herald, she has her own duties that we can’t stop her from doing so.” 


“Komawo hyung.” Kyu jong felt relieved but he was still worried. She was calling for him, he need to get to her. He stood still, tried to concentrate hard, like before he would know where she is through the messages of the water around them.


“Guys, follow me.” Kyu jong called out to them as he ran to a building near a dock.


“Ya! Ugly thing, my sister is not a meal.” Jungmin threw a large ball of fire towards the creature hovering over Min.


“Ya! You could have hit her as well.” Hyung joon smacked the back of his head.


“Aisshh. You two fight later, we still have a situation here.” Youngsaeng said in irritation as he was having a hard time concentrating from their bickering.


“I really hate shadow lurkers. Get ready guys, I won’t be able to hold it still for more than a minute.” Kyu jong told them and they all nodded and they positioned themselves at different places.


“Now!” Kyu jong shouted as he swings his right hand towards the shadow lurker freezing time so that it wouldn’t move even an inch.


Jungmin summoned his fire while Hyun joong summoned his ice and they both attacked the creature but it didn’t vanish.


*chanting


“Release.” They heard Min’s voice and a sudden light kind of barrier formed around the creature.


“Attack it again.” Min commanded and the two summoned their powers again while their Casters concentrated theirs towards their Fighters. The moment it hit the shadow lurker it vanished into thin air.


“Kwenchana?” Youngsaeng walked towards Kyu jong and helped him stand up.


“De. I’ll be fine in a minute. You know how freezing time eats up my magic.” Kyu jong gave him a smile and he chuckled at the sight of Min covering her eyes while Jungmin was busy scolding her.


“Hyung! Isn’t this Joelle?!” Everyone turned his or her directions towards Hyung joon who was knocking on the shield Min had left to protect her.


“Ei, Joelle, how do you want to be cooked? Steamed or with butter?” Hyung joon knocked again while talking to her as if she was a fish that was just caught.


“Will you stop treating everyone I put in a shield as pets or any animal?” Min yelled at him while Youngsaeng hit his head hard.


“Ke Ke. Told you so.” Hyun joong while putting his arm around his shoulder.


“Min, Joelle is a chi?” Jungmin asked her as she lowered down the shield.


“De. I wasn’t the Young herald before so I couldn’t see her symbol.” Min pointed to her neck.


“I see. So Alicia’s is on her arm, Aki and Yuki is on their right hands, and Joelle’s on her neck.” Kyu jong summarized it before walking towards Min to check on her.


“Junnie can you teleport us back please, I’m really tired.” Min whined to him and he just nodded. Understanding that she was running a fever.


“Youngsaeng can you hold Joelle? I’ll carry my sister, she seems to be falling off any moment.” Jungmin said as she carried her sister who fell asleep right away as Kyu jong and Hyun joong scanned the surroundings to make sure no one else was there before they teleported.


“You know, it’s a good thing we have a lot of guest rooms in this villa.” Hyun joong commented as Youngsaeng helped Alicia settle the still unconscious Joelle.


“Any injuries?” Alicia asked Hyun joong who was checking on her.


“None. She was just knocked out cold by that shadow lurker. No wonder we felt like someone was watching us; shadow lurkers tend to follow around those people with magic.” Hyun joong continued to talk but Alicia was not listening anymore.


“Arasso. Let’s go outside and let her rest.” Youngsaeng dragged him out leaving Alicia to take care of Joelle while they walked towards Min’s room.


Hyun joong’s POV


“But how did the shadow lurker knows where we live, don’t you think they have trackers or something, like those of aliens...” I was asking/explaining to Youngsaeng but my attention was shifted to Jungmin’s worried face as he went inside Min’s room before us.


“Jungmin ah, what’s wrong?” I asked him and he let out a heavy sighed and pointed towards Min.


“Her fever is too high, of course doctors here won’t be able to thing anything since our body is quite different from humans. Hyung joon is just resting a bit before he teleports Min and I back to the palace to get some help.


“Why not let Kyu jong heal her.” I pointed towards Kyu jong.


“Hyung I can heal wounds not illness.” Kyu jong replied and I gave myself that how could you forget look.


“No need for that.” I jumped from my place and bent down on one knee like the others as the Queen suddenly appeared.


“Rise my dears, I am not here for formalities but for my daughter.” She said while sitting down beside Min who was breathing heavily.


“Hey mom!” Jungmin kissed her cheek before sitting down beside Min too.


“Auntie how did you know my cousin was sick?” I asked her and the others just shook their heads and giggled.


“I am her mother my dear nephew. Now stop distracting me and let me tend to my daughter.” I watched her place her hand over Min’s forehead and after a few minutes she was sleeping soundly already.


“Whoa! Teach us how to do that!” Hyung joon commented and Jungmin smacked his head.


“Babo! Only mother can do that!” he scolded and the Queen turned to look at us and to the two boys sleeping on the couch.


“Jungmin is this the twins you reported about?” she asked and we bowed politely.


“Such adorable lads, and the two others?” we pointed towards the room at the left.


“Joelle is still out, Alicia is taking care of her.” She nodded at our explanation.


“Very well then. I must take my leave. You guys should always take care of yourselves. Always believe in each other. The road you are taking is a very dangerous one.” She said and was gone a second after.


“So much for saying goodbye.” I muttered and went out to take a shower. A dangerous road, we all know that. I said to myself as I entered my room, finally we could rest well tonight without feeling anything that is watching us.


End of POV


Min’s POV



I woke up from the feeling that the twins were sad. I sleepily rubbed my eyes and sat up.


“Feeling better now?” I looked at my right and saw Jungmin oppa and Kyu oppa in my room.


“De. Why are you not sleeping?” I asked them, noticing the dark circles under their eyes.


“Babo. How could I sleep when my monster sister is sick?” Jungmin oppa messed with my hair.


“Oppa where are the twins?” I asked Kyu jong oppa and he pointed to the couch in front of my bed. 


“They wouldn’t want to leave your room, whenever we try to get near them, a barrier of some sort pushes us back.” Kyu jong explained as I looked at the two of them facing each other while sleeping, hands locked together.


Since I was too tired to stand up, I used my powers and lifted them off the couch and into the middle of my bed. I lowered down the barrier that Kyu jong oppa told me but they woke up.


“Master awake.” Yuki rubbed his eyes sleepily as Aki sat up and snuggled close to me.


“Why are you not allowing Jungmin oppa to transfer you to your room. Youngsaeng oppa worked hard to design it for you.” I said half scolding them.


“Aki, Yuki sad.” The two of them suddenly cried. I looked at Jungmin asking what is wrong with them.


“When I picked them up they were already like that, their mood only lifter up when I brought them to the Ur Man shooting.” Jungmin oppa explained as he took a seat at the foot of my bed beside Kyu oppa who was consoling them by rubbing their backs.


“Did something happen at school?” I asked Yuki who was calmer than Aki.


“The teacher told u to introduce awselves, so we told them I am Yuki, and Aki said I am Aki.” Yuki started but he began to cry again.


“A boy asked us what surname but we don’t know what to answer. Yuki Aki does not know the kids laugh at us told twins no parents.” Aki said in between sobs. I felt my heart breaking looking at the sadness in their eyes.


“Come here.” I said to them and both of them sat on my lap as I hug the two of them. Alicia mentioned before that they don’t have any surnames so they just pick one, as they got older.


“Can noona be your mother?” I asked them and they instantly stopped crying. I smiled at them when they look up to me.


“Noona wants Aki and Yuki?” Aki asked me. Sadness was in his eyes. How many reincarnations did these have without mothers? I mentally asked myself not noticing that Kyu jong oppa could hear my every thought.


“If Aki and Yuki doesn’t mind. Noona wants you to be her little boys.” I smiled at them and wipe the tears left on their cheeks.


“Aki want noona.”


“Yuki want noona too.” 


“Then noona will be your mother. Ne? Park Aki, Park Yuki.” I said to them and they all giggled and hug me.


“Aki call noona mommy, because umma is Jungmin umma.” Aki said which made Jungmin oppa shake his head and lay down on Kyu oppa’s lap.


“Yuki, we have mommy but we have four daddy ottoke?” Aki suddenly asked Yuki and my eyes widened and I know my cheeks grew red at his answer.


“Aki, Kyu jong hyun daddy. Jungmin is umma, Youngsaeng is huyng, others are unwles.” 


“Aiiyyooo. You can’tt decide just like that.” I tried to argue but they won’t accept any of my explanations.


“Min ah, let the kids do what they want. Ne? Come to daddy my little angels.” Kyu oppa said and the two came running towards them.


“Aiggooo. If I knew this would happen, I shouldn’t have offered.” I muttered and lay down and buried my head on my pillow.


“Relax. He has still to go through me before you two can get married.” I heard Jungmin oppa say to me.


“Oppa!!” I yelled and threw a pillow at him.