Chapter 2

Destiny at Sunset

Chapter 2

Part 2

Duties of a Young Herald.



Time seemed to have slowed down in the training hall as the five Guardians and the Young Herald was training and mastering their powers and ability.


*bang


*crack


A plank of wood split into two pieces as a bolt of fire crashed into it.


“Jungmin ah, do you want the whole palace to catch fire?” Kyu jong who was wearing his usual black robe raise his hand causing some water on the pond to form a small water ball and landed on the plank of wood engulfed in fire. 


“I can try can’t I?” the crown prince said in irritation and slumped down on his seat eyeing his sister who was busy on the other side. Casting spells one after another, creating different kinds of light from time to time.


“A duty is a duty cousin. The only thing we can do is to protect her.” Hyun joong who was wearing the same white top embedded with the royal red emblem of the Yi kingdom on it as the crown prince assured him.


“Ya! Park Jungmin. Get your here and practice. I don’t want to be hurt again because of your recklessness like the last time.” Youngsaeng, the crown prince’s Caster demanded and the unwilling one stood up and started to spar with his cousin.


“I’ll beat you up Mal.” Hyung joon the Caster of Hyun joong said while the two was engaged in a battle of fire and ice. Steam was filling the room.


“You are just sitting there you lazy turtle.” The crown prince retorted and secretly sent a small ball of fire directly into his maroon coat, making a huge hole.


Soo Min’s POV


“I wonder what you elders see in them.” I said to Jae-Sun when he entered the training hall and pointed to the five guys who are supposedly training not playing.


“Sometimes everyone else in the council wonders too but they can’t help but admit that only the five of them can use their powers to a great extent, unlike all the citizens here.” Jae-Sun said as he sat down on a bench and asked me to do the spell that he taught me yesterday.


“I can’t. I’m too distracted.” I said after chanting a few words. 


“Is it about the mission?”


“De.” 


“It has been confirmed that Fox has been released from his deep slumber, though he is weak at the moment, but when he regains his strength he will try to rule the entire magical land as well as the human world.”

“...the Late King, your father told me this before he went into battle...a new young herald will be called once the darkness awakens...it will be the task of the young herald to find his or her partner to be able to release their full potential and seal the darkness forever...”

“...my dear Princess, my daughter, I am afraid but it is time for you to fulfill the mission that destiny has bestowed upon you. While Fox is still weak, you have to collect all the seven pieces of Chi...” 



“Jae-Sun what exactly are these pieces of Chi, What do I have to do in order to stop Fox?” I was confused, nothing makes sense, and this duty was far from what I asked. It’s been just six months since I started learning new things and training even harder to accommodate my new power.


“Calm down Princess. Everything will fall into place, and when the right time comes, the answers you seek will come to you.”


“Easy for you to say. But at least I’ll be able to come back to the Human world, it’s been half a year since I have been there.” I smiled to myself at the thought of being able to live in the human world again.


“Princess watch out!” I looked up and saw a huge ball of fire coming straight at me.


“Are you alright Princess?” I blinked a few times before I finally realized that Saengie oppa had used his wind to form a shield in front me.


“Er...De. Kamsamnida oppa.” I bowed slightly towards him as he sent the ball of fire back to its owner, my brother.


“Let me take care of that.” I turned to my right and saw Kyu oppa looking at my hand; it was only then that I notice a small burn on it. He summoned a small droplet of water from the cup near us and had it flow down my burn. He covered it with his hand and the burn was gone after he lifted up his hand from mine.


“Cool. Kamsamnida oppa. Ya! Are you trying to kill your sister?!” I thanked him and went near my brother, shouting and glaring at him at the same time.


“It wasn’t my fault, this turtle hear deflected it and sent it towards you.”


“Anni. It was entirely your brother’s fault.”


“Ya! Who said it was my fault, you want me to throw you into the dungeon?”


“Ya! Want me to sell you to the soldiers, you’ll make a good fighting horse since you’re so violent.”


“Arasso. Stop it you two. Go and continue your training, I’ll be in my room.” I controlled their hands with my powers to tightly cover their mouths as I walked towards the door.


End of POV


“Stop laughing!” the crown prince said to the other three when he heard them trying to stifle their laughter.


“Mianhe. We didn’t mean to.” Kyu jong said but he was still suppressing his smile. It wasn’t always that the Princess would try and use her power against the Crown Prince.


“Guys. Promise me something.” The crown prince who was never serious except when it comes to his sister suddenly said.


“What is it Jungmin ah?” his Caster asked even if he already read what he was going to say.


“Promise me that all of us will still be together after this mission.”


“Of course we would still be together, it’s not like we can run away from you after all we are part of the Guardians.” Hyun joong said to his cousin but they all knew what he really meant. No one dies.


They all went back to practice even if their minds were thinking of the same thing. How everything seemed to change in a blink of an eye.



Back Up Story


Six years ago, five guardians were chosen to be the next in line when the final member, who was the current King died in battle. All were surprised when the next guardians were the Prince’s of the four royal families in the Kingdom of Yi. 


The crowned prince Park Jungmin was the first to be chosen, followed by his cousin Kim Hyun Joong. Next was Youngsaeng the only son and prince of the Heo family, which was followed by Kim Hyung Joon and lastly was Kim Kyu Jong.


They spent two years training and learning their duties as the new Guardians. It was during this process that they found out that they were gifted with the Bond system. 


Only those destined to be Fighters can see whom their partners are and it is their job to bond with them. Jungmin found out that his partner was Youngsaeng, and Hyun joong laughed when he found out his partner was Hyung joon the youngest of the group. Kyu jong on the other hand didn’t let his partner know that they were supposed to be bonded when he realized who it was. He just made an excuse and said that he doesn’t know whom it was.


After two years of training, they were officially the new guardians. Thus, they were sent to the world of the humans to hunt those who abuse their powers and harm the humans living there, to give balance to the magical world and the human world. 


They would come home to the palace from time to time as required but they spent most of their time in the human world as many of the citizens in the Kingdom of Yi was residing in the human world after the great war a thousand years ago.


A year ago, Princess Soo Min was allowed to go with them to learn the way of living of humans, as every royal member needs to cope with the human world, as they will be assigned to hunt dangerous followers of the darkness called night crawlers from time to time. 


“Yuu that is the last for my current assignment.” Princess So Min or Min as she is known in the human world said to her personal servant as she handed him a bottle where she trapped the two night crawlers.


“De Princess. I shall take my leave then and go back to our Kingdom.” Yuu bowed low to the princess and vanished in thin air.


“Finally I can take a rest.” The tired Min was fast asleep but a strange dream changed how her once normal life was.


Park Soo Min, Princess of the Kingdom of Yi.” A voice called out to her in the dream.


“Who are you? Why do you know who I am?”


I know you, because you are my new master. Star Young Herald. In time you will find the other Young Herald as long as you believe in your fate.” The voice said and slowly faded away.


“What the hell?!” Min jumped from her bed the moment she woke up, feelings of uneasiness crept up to her. 


“Min, kwenchana? We heard you scream from downstairs.” Jungmin entered her room and went to her side.


“Jungmin ah, look at her chest.” Hyun joong said to his cousin.


“Ya! You ert stop looking at my sister’s chest.” 


“Babo! I mean the one on her chest.” Hyun joong threw an ice towards him. 


“Omo! Oppa!” everyone was in shock when they finally saw the foreign star shape floating on her chest as if it was a pendant of a necklace.


“Min, you are...” 


“One of the Young Herald.” Jungmin finished the sentence for Hyung joon.


After that night, they were all called back to the Palace and everyone rejoiced when they found out that the new young herald was born except for the crown prince. 

As Guardians they were allowed to go back to the human world but without his sister. 

Her sister being the Young Herald means locking her up in this palace to train and to prevent having anyone who would want to kill her, a prison too tight for her carefree sister.


~~~Finally I was able to give you the background...now I can start writing the real story...

How do you guys like the new style I used in writing? As you can see I have added a Third Person POV...