Chapter 13

Destiny at Sunset

Chapter 13

Two separate Battles.



“Just what the hell did you say?!” The crown prince said in anger as he attacked another night crawler.


“Your sister will die as so will the rest of you.” An oni said while he lunged towards Hyun joong and Hyun joon.


“Aiyyoo he shouldn’t have said that.” Youngsaeng said while sitting down on a tree branch.


“THEN GO DIE FIRST BABO!!!” The crown prince said and summoned a huge amount of fire, encircling all 50 oni and 100 night crawlers as once.


“Hyun joong.” His caster ordered him and he willingly summoned ice arrows to rain like a blizzard inside the circle of fire.


“Mal looks so scary like that.” Hyun joong commented as he landed back down on the ground near Youngsaeng.


“Ke Ke if he hears you, you’ll be thrown in the middle of that chaos too.” He replied as he watched his fighter go in rage, taking out his anger and frustrations towards the dark followers.


“Oi! Move your here.” Jungmin said to his Caster.


“Tsk. This will be looonngg fight.” Youngsaeng complained as he was eyeing the still 10000 dark followers coming towards them.


“De. I so want a long bath after this.” Hyun joong replied as he positioned himself in front of his Caster as Jungmin did the same.


“Want to make a bet?” Jungmin suggested suddenly.


“What bet?” Hyun joong eagerly replied.


“Whoever team kills the most have the privilege to order the team who lost for a whole day.” Jungmin said with a smirk.


“Deal.” Hyun joong said.


“Youngsaeng hyung, I’m feeling this will be a long painful battle.” Hyung joon complained.


“For you only, I’ll make sure Jungmin doesn’t hurt himself, or else I’ll kill him.” Youngsaeng said with a smile.


“Hyung, you’re scary like that.” Hyung joon commented before focusing on his fighter.


---at fox’s tower


“Why won’t you just submit yourself to me and be my ally?!” 


“Baaabbboooo, I won’t be an ally of a black hoodie hot man like you!” The star young herald yelled back.


“I’ll ask once again, be my ally and you’ll be saved from death.” Fox said as the vines that hold Min down stab her and wrapped around her more tightly.


“No thanks, I’d rather hear my brother’s endless scolding than be your ally.” Min said with a smirk.


“You know, that same vine was the one I used to stab you back then at the human world, the longer you stay there, the more your magic drains.” he said while lifting her chin, making her look at him in the eye.


“...” Min just smirked as they felt a huge explosion somewhere.


“What was that about?! Deal with it!” Fox ordered his minions.


“Kyu jong oppa, be careful this place is full of traps.” Min said mentally the moment she felt his presence arrive.


Kyu jong’s POV


“I will, how are you holding?” I replied mentally when Min contacted me right after we arrived in this dungeon like place with a big explosion.


“Fox is draining my powers but I’m still okay. Oppa, remember the dream we had together, about how to use the chi?” 


“De. Waeyo?” I said while creating a huge barrier since green human like things were flying everywhere and trying to grab us.


“I’m your Caster so they might get hurt too if I receive any blows you have taken, so its better if you do it instead of me.”


“But – Min? Min?” if this would be a phone this can be considered as hanging up on me.


“Daddy monsters scary.” Aki and Yuki ran to me eyeing the creatures that were outside our barrier.


“It will be hard to move if all of you would just follow me, so I have to transform you into your astral forms, arasso?” I told Gab, Alicia, Kimmy, Joelle, Seung Ho and the twins.


“So you have figured out how to use us. Alright!” Seung Ho high five Kimmy.


“Go and eat us Kyu oppa!” I heard Kimmy say in excitement and the other girls were just shaking their heads.


“Aki don’t want eaten.”


“Daddy no eat Yuki.” The twins said and I just couldn’t help but chuckle.


“Daddy won’t eat you, it was just an expression. Arasso?” I kneeled down in front of them.


“Ready everyone?” I asked and they all nodded. I started with the twins.


“Help daddy save mommy and the everyone else okay?” I said while hugging the twins.


“Yes Daddy. Twins love you and mommy.” They hugged me back and they disappeared together with the others into a blue light which envelope my body before disappearing totally.


“Daddy...Daddy...were inside daddy...” I could hear Yuki chant in excitement.


“So shall we go save our Princess now?” I asked as I took out the sword I had in my back.


Min’s POV


“Damn.” I muttered softly, I was beginning to feel dizzy again.


“I guess I used all my left strength to contact Kyu oppa.” I said to myself as I tried to subdue the dizziness that was overwhelming me.


Fox doesn’t seem to notice that even if he had blocked my magic, I can still contact Kyu oppa since we are bonded, but I had to use extra energy just to do so.


“How did he manage to find this place? Blast it!” I heard Fox curse as he was looking at a projected image of Kyu oppa fighting in a tunnel like place.


“You?! You led him here.” Fox turned to me with a sheepish smile.


“So what? He is a young herald too, we are drawn to each other.” I said hiding the fact about our bond.


“Then let him come here. So you can watch him die before your eyes before I kill you too.” He whispered in my ear as I tried to summon my magic but it just deflected back at me.


“I won’t let you hurt him you whispering hoodie guy.” I said even though I could taste blood in my mouth.


“I told you my name is Elaborox, not whispering hoodie guy!!” he said in irritation before he ordered someone to lead Kyu oppa to where we were.


“Go and bring him here, the more near he is to me, the stronger our bond becomes.” I said to myself as I tried to fight of the consciousness that was slowly fading away from me.


End of POV


“Hyung! You’re going to loose, that’s our 275 creature.” Hyung joon boasted as Hyun joong just sliced through a night crawler.


“Really? Then I guess we are losing since that was our 475 one.” Youngsaeng smirked and left him to summon some wind to cover Jungmin.


“Ya! Hyung! We are losing!” Hyung joon yelled and ran near his fighter while making the ground shake.


“Jinjja?” Hyun joong said after doing a black flip while sending sharp ice blades.


“Ya! Turtle I’ll make you serve me the whole day.” Jungmin said while laughing as Youngsaeng was just sitting on a rock reading the minds of the creatures then relaying them to Jungmin.


“Watch out!!” Hyung joon called out to the child he saw running away from a night crawler. Jungmin sent a fireball directly to it while Youngsaeng dove head first to grab the child.


“Kwenchana?” Youngsaeng asked the child who was now crying from fear.


“Kwenchana. The Guardians are here. Ya! Take this kid to the shelter.” Youngsaeng shouted and yelled for one of the soldiers that were aiding them in the battle.


“Hyung, your hand is bleeding!” Hyung joon said to Youngsaeng.


“It’s nothing, Jungmin ah that one over there just said that he will squish you like a bug.” Youngsaeng pointed to the creature on his right.


“Then lets get this squishing to its .” Jungmin smirked.


“I’m sleepy.” Hyun joong said while he did a somersault in the air using a creature as a make shift vault. When he landed the creature was frozen solid.


“I’m hungry.” Youngsaeng complained as he was just smiling at the night crawler that can’t pass through the wind barrier he had set up. Then it was engulfed in flames after a few seconds.


“Will you two be serious?!” Jungmin and Hyung Joon said at the same time.


---


Master, shall I release you now?


“Not yet Fay. I need Kyu oppa to be near here before you do that.” Min replied mentally while she tried to act cool despite the pain she was feeling from the impact Kyu jong suffered from flying against the wall.


“This is getting annoying.” Kyu jong said to himself as he flipped his sword once before placing it back to its holder. He then summoned a huge amount of water and drowned the creatures in the hallway he was passing through.


“Something isn’t right.” Fox told himself as he was observing the Moon young herald fight. Even when one of his minions managed to graze his arm, it didn’t bleed.


“Is the magic of the young herald this powerful?” He said in a low voice. He was thinking about it when he turned around to see how the other young herald was doing. That was when he saw the bleeding that was supposed to be seen on the Kyu jong.


Min’s POV


I couldn’t open my connection with Kyu oppa as my energy was low, I sat still when the Fox turned around and glared at me.


“You!! Your a Caster and he is your Fighter?!” he declared after seeing the wound I got on my right arm.


“Damn! Fay, release me now!!” I called out and almost instantly a blue light shined for a little and I was free.


“You were pretending all along! You could use your magic all this time!!” He said furiously as I tried to dodge all his attacks and the stones that were falling down from the impact of his magic.


“Ei! I could only communicate okay?” I said trying to distract him, waiting for my magic to be restored to at least half.


End of POV


“Daddy, mommy in trowble.” Aki said to Kyu jong while he was busy killing a night crawler.


“I know baby, I know...” Kyu jong said as he made a run for it, the chi’s were guiding him on where to go.


“Agh!” Min slammed hard into a wall after receiving a powerful blow from Elaborox magic, making her cough out some blood.


“Why don’t you use your magic Young Herald, I have no intentions of showing you any mercy.” Elaborox said while sending a powerful attack again, hitting her directly as she flew straight to the opposite side of the wall.


“Mianhe, but I was always a wise spender, I don’t splurge on unnecessary things.” Min said as she stood up but her knees went weak.


“Min! Kwenchana?” Kyu jong was able to catch her and move her with him as they dodged a flying sword.


“So sweet, too bad that won’t last.” Elaborox gave an evil laugh.


“Oppa, give me a minute, my magic isn’t restored yet.” Min said mentally as Kyu jong laid her in a corner and created a barrier around her.


“You’ll pay for that.” Kyu jong said in calm voice and attacked.


“Really?” Elaborox smiled and sent out another attack to counter Kyu jong’s. 


Kyu jong tried to counter and avoid all his attacks but he was getting more and more powerful every minute.


“More...More...Show me your power, and when I’m through with you, I’ll take all your magic and I’ll be the most powerful magician!” Elaborox was now out of control.


Kyu jong tried not to get hurt from his attacks because he knows it will be reflected to his Caster. This was why he didn’t want her to be his Caster but it couldn’t be helped.


“Oppa, stop hesitating, stop thinking about my pain, rather think about what we can do to save him, sadness, anger, revenge, that is why he is so powerful.” Kyu jong heard Min’s voice suddenly and held his hand.


Min’s POV


I was resting for a bit, trying to restore my magic so that I can help Kyu jong oppa, but then I suddenly heard a voice and I was dragged into a dream state.


Save me...I don’t want to be like this anymore...” the voice came again.


“Whose there?!” I called out to the voice as I walked towards it. My eyes widened as I saw Elaborox sitting down with his knees up towards his chest, crying.


“I won’t fall for your tricks fox.” I said and I was preparing myself if he ever attacks.


“Master, that is the real Elaborox, the human Elaborox.” I heard Fay say to me.


“You said save you, waeyo?” I asked sitting in front of him after a few minutes of thinking.


“You believe me?” He looked up with still tears in his eyes.


“Ne, why don’t you tell me why I have to save you?” I asked again, he took in a heavy breath and looked at me straight in the eyes.


“The real fox is my older brother, Kirio. Thousands of years ago, the Guardians of that time was beginning to suspect that he was up to no good. One day, he tricked me and planted this curse within my body. The me that you are fighting, is the power and personality he cursed within my body which he himself controls until today, as I was cast away in the shadows of this dream.” He explained.


“Then, why didn’t the first young herald save you then?” I asked confused as I was trying to digest the information.


“That is why the chi’s were created before our previous Master died, through Elaborox’s sadness, and anger over his brother, the curse grew stronger which we ourselves couldn’t break. So we have to seal his body back then.” Fay explained to me.


“What can I do? How can I save you?” I asked both of them.


“Kill my body. It’s the only way that I’ll be released from my brother’s control. When you do, and when you find him, kill him for me. I don’t want any more sufferings, he seeks so much power, that it ate his soul already.”
 He said and I snapped out of my dream state and saw Kyu jong oppa panting really hard and it was when I felt some cuts and pains on my body.


“Oppa, stop hesitating, stop thinking about my pain, rather think about what we can do to save him, sadness, anger, revenge, that is why he is so powerful.” I said to him as I lowered the barrier he created, though still unstable I was able to stand up as I had a new purpose as I held his hand. 


End of POV


“4,781.” Hyung joon said after his fighter made another creature fall down.


“4,800.” Jungmin announced after he killed a night crawler one second then he was at the far end corner of the field killing an oni.


“Not fair, he’s using his ability to move fast.” Hyun joong said but Youngsaeng was just chuckling, as he was able to read the mind of the creature beside Hyung joon.


“Wae?!” Hyung joon asked after sending a powerful kick straight into a creature’s face.


“That creature you just kicked said you look delicious to eat.” He replied and aided his Fighter as he was handling three oni’s at once. 


“Ei, if someone eats you then they’ll die from food poisoning.” Hyun joong said loudly earning him a smack at his head.


“Ya! Is that any way to treat your elders?!” Hyun joong yelled back but he was still laughing as he evaded a worm like creature.


---


“I guess this will be the last?” Elaborox said after hitting both young heralds.


“Please I beg you, spare us.” Min pleaded as she kneeled down in front of him.


“Change of mind Young Herald?” He asked as he pulled her by the arm. Min just smirked as she said,


“Terebro Nox.”


“Ego Sum Deus.” Kyu jong said at the same time and Elaborox’s eyes widened.


---


“Something is wrong.” Riza said out loud as she looked at the clouds, though the sun was rising, the clouds were restless.


“Cuz, I have a bad feeling about this.” Krystel said as she held her cousin’s hand, her feelings were never wrong and that scares her the most.


---


“Min, remember our promise arasso?” Kyu jong said as he fell down beside his Caster who was also barely moving.


“De, you have to keep that promise also Kyu oppa, or else –“ Min didn’t managed to finish her sentence as she was coughing out blood furiously.


“Min, Saranghae.” Kyu jong said as he tried to reach for her hand but as soon as their hands intertwined, his eyes closed.


Jungmin’s POV


“Ya! You two have to serve us for a whole day.” I reminded Hyung joon and Hyun joong, we were at the gates of the Palace already after the long fight.


“2 points. We lost by two points!” I heard Hyun joong said in frustration as I recalled our scores, 5,152 versus 5,150. 


“The Guardians are back, we won.” One of the elders said and approached us as we went down our horses.


“Whoa. Everyone is staring at us.” I heard Youngsaeng said as we saw the elders smile at us as we walked towards the garden where my Mom was standing beside Riza and Krystel.


“Mom—“ my words were cut off when a bright light suddenly flashed at the middle of the flower fields and I heard the gasps and voices of the people around me as we recognize the two figures that were laying down unconsciously, with one of their hands were intertwined.


“MIINN!!!” I yelled and I was at her side after a second.


End of POV


“Get the healers!!” Youngsaeng shouted at the elders since Hyun joon can’t heal anyone of them, he had used too much magic today.


“Min! Kyu jong! Ya! Wake up!” Jungmin was panicking as tears were falling silently down his cheeks as he looked at his sister full of cuts and was covered in blood, while he felt Kyu jong was cold.


“Kyu jong ah! Ya!” Hyung joon was yelling too.


“Min? Ei, can you hear me?” Youngsaeng said as he saw her eyes open a little.


She didn’t reply, rather she touched Kyu jong’s hand and whispered something. A light suddenly came out of Kyu jong and Alicia, Gab, Seung Ho, Joelle, Kimmy, Aki and Yuki appeared. They were unconscious too but when Hyun joong and Hyung joon checked on them they felt relieved that they were just fast asleep.


“Oppa...believe...” Min whispered to her brother who was hugging her.


“Kyu...ya!” Youngsaeng said in a shaky voice as he tried to wake him up but he wasn’t moving at all.


“Andwae!! Someone help us!!” Jungmin sobbed uncontrollably as he felt his sister’s hand fell down to the ground the same time her eyes closed.



~~~~