Chapter 14

Destiny at Sunset

Chapter 14

Silence has two sides.



“Jungmin it’s been two weeks, at least eat a little bit more or at least rest.” Kimmy said to the Crown Prince who was leaning on a huge tree in the middle of the garden.


“I’ll be fine Kimmy, how are the others holding?” He asked but his gaze was at a distance.


“Not that good but at least better than you.” She said as she sat down beside him.


“Min always loves to play around here, I didn’t know back then what’s so special about this place, but now I know.” Kimmy placed her hand on his, reassuring him that she was there.


“This is like a sanctuary, the sounds of the birds, the rustle of the leaves, the fresh air that blows on your skin and the flowers that dances before your eyes, these were the things that my sister loved about this garden.” Jungmin looked down and started sobbing she pulled him towards her.


“I should have been there to protect her, I should have protected them.” He said in between sobs as he bawled like a baby in her arms.


“You can’t do everything. You didn’t fail, they have their own duty as so do you.” She tried to console him, his back as he cried.


“But it was my duty to protect my sister and Kyu...we made a promise to be there for each other since we were kids.” Jungmin said in between sobs.


“Oppa, you always take care of others, take care of us...when would accept and learn that you also need to let someone take care of you also?” Kimmy said, at lost of how to comfort him when he was blaming himself like this.

---

“Kaja, I think Kimmy can handle him.” Youngsaeng whispered to Joelle as they walk away a few feet from Jungmin and Kimmy. They were going to check on him but Kimmy was already there.


“Oppa, I never thought that the palace can feel so lonely.” Joelle said in a low voice as she shivered a little.


“This palace is like its prince, he would always be strong, but there would be a time when it will be sad.” Youngsaeng said as he took off his robe and placed it around her.


“Komawo.” Joelle replied as she continued to follow him while walking.


“Sit.” Youngsaeng held her shoulders and let her sit on a bench.


“I’m fine oppa.” Joelle said but just sat as he commanded.


“But all of you are still a little weak since...this past two weeks, you’re still restoring your strength.” Youngsaeng said and smiled at her.


“Oppa...” she didn’t get to finish her sentence as Youngsaeng captured her lips for a short yet sweet kiss.


“I know. I love you too.” He said after breaking the kiss.


“Ya! Stop reading my mind.” Joelle blushed furiously and looked away.


“Anni. I didn’t, I felt it.” He replied and sat down beside her. Despite their happiness they couldn’t ignore the sadness that surrounds them as silent tears rolled down his face.

---

“No!!” Yuki said in a loud voice and refused to eat dinner.


“Yuki you have to eat.” Alicia tried to reason with him. The twins had been grumpy these two weeks, so they decided to bring them out of the palace and bring them here to the town to eat.


“I want mommy!” He whined and in the verge of tears.


“Aki want daddy.” Aki said with tears in his eyes.


“Aki, Yuki children must eat their dinner.” Gab tried to sound a little mad.


“How about I give you my special dessert, but you have to eat your dinner first?” The owner of the store said with a warm smile making the twins look at her.


“Aki Yuki, she asked a question.” Hyun joong told the two boys.


“Okay.” The two said and the owner patted their heads.


“Good boys. I’ll serve it later when you finish your food arasso?” she said.


“Kamsamnida.” Hyung joon said to the owner.


“It’s nothing, in a time like this, this is all I can do to help even when you have save this Kingdom many times before.” She said and went to take care of the other customers.


“If the twin’s mood keeps up like this, we’ll be in trouble.” Gab whispered to Hyun joong.


“It’s not their fault, things are hard for them these past two weeks.” Hyun joong said and held her hand under the table.


“Kwenchana?” Hyung joon asked Alicia who was looking tired.


“Kwenchana. Just didn’t have enough sleep last night.” Alicia replied as she fed Aki.


“Waeyo?” he asked as he fed Yuki.


“I’m just worried about things, especially this two. They were never attached to anyone, and it was a surprise that they got attached to you guys, especially Unnie and Kyu jong oppa.” Alicia said in a low voice so that the twins wouldn’t hear them.


“We just have to give them some space, things takes time. We’ll all be here for them.” Hyung joon smiled at her to reassure her.


“De.” Alicia said while looking at the twins.

---

“Cuz, can you predict something happy? I think I’ll be depressed soon, the whole palace is silent.” Riza said to her cousin Krystel who was sitting beside her in the pond.


“Predict?...Hmm..I predict that a hot stalker will accompany you tonight.” Krystel said and stood up, winked at the guy she was referring to and walked away to find her boyfriend.


“Hot stalker?” Seung Ho asked Riza as he sat down beside her.


“You’re just a stalker, you’re not hot.” Riza said bluntly.


“Then what am I?” Seung Ho asked with an amused look in his face.


“...”


“Arasso. Arasso. I’m not here to stalk you, too tired to do that these days.” He said while throwing a rock into the pond, making it jump on the surface a few times before submerging.


“Why are you here then?” she asked though she liked his company she didn’t let it show.


“Just needed some peace of mind.” He replied shortly and yawned.


“Sorry, I don’t have that.” She replied and watched him lay down as he lazily stretched, making his robe gape open a little, revealing the clothes underneath it.


“Anni. Your mere presence brings me some peace of mind.” He said and pulled her to lie down beside him.


“The clothes here in the Palace suits you.” She told him without any thought as she just lie still, enjoying the calmness and temporarily forgetting the sad feeling she felt.


“It suits you too, maybe I should stalk you tonight instead of being a good boy.” He .


“Ya!” she hit his chest but she was smiling.


“Arasso. Arasso. This stalker will be good.” He said and closed his eyes but soon it was filled with tears.


“Seung Ho?” Riza asked him softly as he buried his face on her shoulders.


“Let me stay like this for a while.” He said and cried silently.


The night was filled with silence; Silence from the victory of a battle and silence from the two people who were the reason that the whole palace was crying.


~~~ tears.gif