Chapter 12

Destiny at Sunset

Chapter 12

A promise made.

Kyu jong’s POV



“Oppa...Kyu oppa...” I suddenly heard a voice inside my head.


“Min! Kwenchana?! Where are you??” I frantically replied, standing up from my bed at my own palace. 


“I’m not sure where am I but fox did something to block my magic, I need you here, it’s the only way I know to break the spell...” She replied as I was making my way towards the front gate.


“Hang in there, oppa is coming.” I said and took my horse and rode it towards the main palace. The queen ordered us to comeback to the Kingdom as soon as our activities were done, and I had been sulking in my own palace since then.


“Guys! I managed to contact Min. I have to go now.” I said the minute I entered Jungmin’s room and told them about our conversation earlier.


“Daddy we go save mommy.” The twins said in unison when they came in the room with the other chi’s.


“Ne. Will go and save mommy, but you have to be good and follow us, arasso?” I kneeled down and told them my condition.


“De. Twins pwomise daddy.” They said when the doors suddenly opened and the Queen came in, we all bowed down to greet her.


“The elders are ready, you can leave whenever you want to, Young Herald.” The Queen said to me.


“Kamsamnida Your Highness.” I bowed down to thank her.


“You all must come back alive, arasso? Especially you and my daughter, thank you for doing this.” I was shocked when the Queen suddenly hugged the 7 chis and me.


“Hyung! Be careful.” Hyung joon called out to me, as we were about to leave the room, I gave him a quick nod.


“Remember our promise before, all of us must be together after this, and that includes you.” Jungmin said to me before hugging me and sent me off.


“Ya! Make sure this place is in one piece when we get back, don’t go fighting with each other in the middle of the battle.” I shouted towards them, they were just a few meters from me but I can see the sadness yet determination in their eyes.


“Ready young master?” one of the elders spoke. I held the twins hands, and look at Gab, Alicia, Kimmy, Joelle, and Seung Ho who was going with me.


“Ne.” I said as different lights surrounded us in a circle with the emblem of the royal family glowing at our feet, sending us to where Min was.


End of POV


“Aiiissshhh this is so irritating, why can’t we go and save Min too?!” Hyung joon whined as he saw Kyu jong and the others disappear.


“You know the very reason for that you turtle.” Jungmin smacked his head and walked towards his mother.


“I want to help too but we have no choice. As guardians we have to stay here and defend the Kingdom.” Youngsaeng said and messed Hyung joon’s hair.


“The followers of the dark will attack first thing after midnight, so we have to stay here even if we don’t want to. Kwenchana, Kyu jong will certainly get Min and the others back safely. We believe in him like we always do.” Hyun joong said to Hyung joon before joining Jungmin on the discussing the battle an hour from now.


Jungmin’s POV


“Min...Min...Min...Min...Eiiyee I’m going crazy!” I pulled on my hair, trying to distract myself not to think about her safety.


“My son you will go bald of you continue to do that.” I looked up and saw our mother, the Queen.


“Mom...” I uttered when she took a seat beside me here in the Palace’s garden.


“You’re sister will be safe.”


“I don’t know, it just doesn’t feel right when I’m not beside her. I promise Dad I would be the best brother for her.” 


Flashback


“Ne, Min why won’t you speak?” I sat down in front of my 7-year-old sister.


“...” She just stared at me while not moving an inch from where she was seated at the garden.


“Ei, talk would ya? It’s weird when you’re not your usual playful self.” I said to her while pouting. She was like this since Father; the King rescued her from some bandits who kidnapped her while she was playing somewhere.


“Jungmin ah, your sister is still scared. You see those bad guys tried to hurt your sister.” Father said sitting down while he transferred Min to sit on his lap.


“Min was scared? I don’t want Min to be scared.” I said innocently as any 9 year-old-brother would say.


“Jungmin ah, Daddy has to go to battle tonight. Can you promise Daddy something?” Father said in a serious tone.


“Ne. Bwoya?” I looked at him while he picked a flower and put in on Min’s hair.


“Can you protect your sister for me when I’m not around?” it was only then that it hit me, that my sister was that precious to me, that it bothered me a lot when she is not her usual self.


“De. I promise Daddy. I will be the best brother in the whole world and kick those who wants to hurt her.” I said while swinging my feet and arms in demonstration.


“Komawo, Jungmin ah. Daddy loves you two very much, so always take care of each other arasso?” he said and kissed the both of us.


“Ne, Min ah, oppa will protect ne? So don’t have to be scared anymore, oppa is here.” I said and I felt happy when she held the hand I was holding out for her.


“Min loves oppa, Min believe oppa.” She said smiling. Since then I developed this attitude of always looking out for her. My fellow guardians even commented that I have a sister complex.


End of Flashback


“Jungmin ah, you have been taking care of her since then. I’m really proud of you, but there will be a time when you have to let her walk on her own.” My mom said and left me, as the guards informed us that they have already seen a group of night crawlers in a distance of the Kingdom.


Hyun joong’s POV


“Why was that moment so awkward?” I asked myself as I gave out a loud sigh while looking at the sky.


Gab...you’re my only alien so come back, arasso?” I gave myself the goose bumps as I recalled what I did an hour before they left.


“Not only did I hug her from behind, I said those cheezy lines and actually left without hearing a reply.” I gave out another sigh.


“Young Master, the Crown Prince wishes to inform you that a movement has been seen a few miles away from here.”


“Arasso. I’ll go get the others.” I said and went to look for Youngsaeng.


“Youngsaeng ah, ready? Oh! Where’s Hyung joon?”


Youngsaeng’s POV


“This isn’t good, I can’t concentrate.” I said in a frustrated tone as I was playing with my powers.


“Joelle...” I called her name mentally, recalling our short conversation earlier.


I still need an answer from last time, so make sure all of you would comeback, especially you.” I reminded her of the time I confessed my feelings for her while we were in the piano room.


Uh...okay...I –“ I cut her off by giving her a quick kiss since Alicia was calling out for her.


Just come back.” I smiled at her and turned to leave.


“Youngsaeng ah, ready? Oh! Where’s Hyung joon?” Hyun joong’s voice snapped me back from my reverie.


“Probably sulking somewhere. Let’s go find him.” I chuckled as I went with him to look for the more probably sulking Guardian.


Hyung joon’s POV

I did my mission during the show, you have to grant my wish.”


“We don’t have time to be discussing about that, we all have a mission to fulfill.”


“My wish—is for Alicia to come back safely. I have something to tell her after all of this is finish.”


“What are you talking about?”


“Promise me you’ll grant my wish.”


“I don’t hold the future.”


“Promise me.”


“Arasso. Will you let go of my hand now?



“Aiigggooo! Alicia you have to come back.” I whined after recalling our conversation a few minutes before Kyu jong hyung arrived at Jungmin’s room.


“Hyung joon, we have to move now.” Youngsaeng called out. I heavily followed him to meet the others.


Riza’s POV


“Dumb Seung Ho, messing with my brains.” I mumbled as I was standing at the balcony of my room in the palace, watching the guys move stealthily outside the palace.


“Who’s messing with your brains cousin?” I turned around and found Krystel eyeing me curiously.


“Just a stalker cuz, nothing much.” I said and recalled the conversation we had before they left.


Flashback


“Riza, my Riza when will you accept love?” Seung Ho was still pestering me even when they were about to leave.


“I don’t know. Maybe not a chance.” I said in annoyance, ever since that final test he had been asking this question like how he used to do during our elementary school days.


“Ei, so harsh. That’s okay, I’ll always wait for you.” He said.


“Then go wait for a hundred years.”


“Arasso. No matter how long it takes.”


“I might be married by then.”


“Then I’ll be your stalker that makes sure your husband doesn’t do anything to hurt you.”


“Or maybe I have a dozen children by then.”


“Then I’ll be the unanimous uncle that keeps sending them gifts and spoiling them.”


“You never give up do you?” I said in a tired tone, I just couldn’t win over him when it comes to arguments like this.


“Riza, wait for me arasso? I’ll be back for sure to mess with your heart.” He said and left after giving me a wink.


End of Flashback


“You know, if you would just accept that stalker, it would be much easier than you sulking here.” Krystel said and motioned to leave to find her boyfriend who was probably out somewhere to entertain the townspeople they had moved to the safety shelter just in case the creatures reaches the town.


“Like you said, he’s a stalker.” 


“A cute one ne?” She paused at my door.


“Cuz!!” I rolled my eyes but she just laughed at me and left.


“I wonder how they will defeat fox. Kyu jong and Min unnie haven’t really trained on how to defeat him.” I asked myself, wondering what would happen for the incoming hours. This would be a long long long day as the clock have already struck midnight.


~~~~ sweatingbullets.gif