chapter 22

Destiny at Sunset

Chapter 22

When conflict arises, it pours.



“It’s been three months since your wedding. I can’t believe it unnie.” Joelle said staring at Min who was staring back at her. Both girls had their hands below their chins as support while leaning on the dinning table.


“De. Feels like a dream, but whenever I see my bulging stomach I recall its not.” Min said staring back at her.


“Ei, what are you two doing staring at each other?” Youngsaeng walked over to the girls when he noticed they were doing nothing.


“Staring...bored...” the two of them answered and continued what they were doing.


“Ya! I don’t want my nephew to look like Joelle, it will feel weird.” Jungmin said and blocked Joelle’s eyes so that they will break the eye contact.


“I win dongsaeng.” Min smiled and handed out her palm.


“Jungmin oppa how can you be protective with girls too?” Joelle whined while handing out 5,000 to Min.


“Ei! Who told you to make a bet with my sister? Would gambling like this affect the baby?” Jungmin said out loud while handing out a bowl of chicken soup to Min and two slices of pizza to Joelle. He and Kyu jong would spend long hours at night reading articles about pregnant women over the internet.


“I don’t want to talk to you.” Youngsaeng was startled by the sudden yelling and turned around to see Riza heading towards the staircase.


“Ya! I’m still talking to you!” Seung Ho yelled too while following her. 


“Seung Ho!” Jungmin called out to him.


“It’s nothing hyung. Mianhe for the racket.” He said and headed towards the door even when he just arrived.


“What wrong with them?” Joelle asked no one in particular.


“I have no idea.” Youngsaeng said and laughed when Min had to go to the bathroom again.


“Ya! How many times do you have to pee?” Jungmin called out and went to stay outside the bathroom door in case she would need anything.


“Saeng! Where’s Min?” Kyu jong asked him the moment he arrived with a bag of fruits.


“Gone to the bathroom for the nth time.” Joelle said and eyed the bags of Chinese food that Hyun joong and Hyung joon brought with them.


“Where are the girls?” Hyung joon asked her when he handed the bags.


“Went to buy something with the twins, they’ll be back any minute.”


“Ya! Mal! Stop harassing my wife.” Kyu jong jokingly shouted from the kitchen while he was preparing the fruit he bought for Min in a plate.


“Who’s harassing who?” Jungmin retorted and kissed his sister’s cheek for revenge.


“Ya! You two, stop using me as a tool to get one of you jealous.” Min said and sit down Hyung joon but she was still thinking about what’s wrong with Riza and Seung Ho.


Riza’s POV


“Grrr! Big headed jerk!!” I screamed on my pillow as loud as I can but it turned into tears after a few minutes.


“Seung Ho you babo!” I cried and recalled why we ended up not being together years ago.


Flashback


“Riza does Seung Ho have a girlfriend?” my best friend Meggie asked me; she was my only friend from kindergarten.


“Hmm...None as I can remember, Bwoh?” I asked curiously.


“Remember the guy that I told you that I’ve fallen for a year now?” She asked me then she just smiled more when I nodded.


“Seung Ho?! He’s that guy?!” I asked with a loud voice and Meggie immediately covered my mouth so that he couldn’t hear us since he was just outside the classroom.


“Sshh...Are you trying to announce it to the whole class?” she giggled and removed her hand.


“What’s so good about that useless guy who can’t even cook his own ramen?” I asked her, he was my neighbor who lives alone so over the past two years he had been living near me we have gotten to be close as friends. Maybe a little too close for me.


“You really want me to start telling you?” she asked with a wide smile.


“On second thought, no thanks, you can go forever with questions like that.” I said and slumped down on my seat covering my ears when she jokingly started answering my question. 


---


“Iz, I can’t do it anymore, I can’t act nice anymore. I love you.” Seung Ho told me one afternoon while we were walking back home.


“Seung...”


“I know it’s sudden, but at least can you give me a try?” he said.


“Mianhe. I can’t. Mianhe.” I said and ran towards my house. 


“Mianhe Seung Ho, though I love you, I can’t hurt my one true friend who had been by my side all these years.” I said as I swept inside my room.


End of Flashback



Seung Ho’s POV


“Riza kwenchana?” I saw Kibum kneeling in front of her, his face close to hers inside the music room.


“Oppa, komawo, but I can handle myself.” I heard her say as she slowly stood up.


“Don’t forget to call me, I’m your protector remember?”


“Arajji. Don’t have to remind me everyday.” I hid near the door so Kibum won’t notice me when he walked out of the room and I grabbed Riza’s arm when she walked out of the room after a few minutes.


“So it was him? Why you won’t let me be with you, because you already have him?” I asked.


“What are you talking about?”


“Can that bastard love you more than I do?!” I shouted, anger, jealousy taking over me.


“De. Happy?!” she shouted back and walked away.



“Seung Ho how many girls did you woo before...why can’t you just forget and move on without her???” I asked myself while sitting on a tree branch a few miles from home.


“Can’t you really love me, Iz?”


“Why did you never gave me a chance?”


Alicia’s POV


“Gabby you know that being an idol is hard, finding a free time will be hard especially when you’re dating SS501’s leader.” I said to Gab who was fuming with frustration, she wasn’t talking to him since yesterday.


“I know but I can get tired too. I’m the one always waiting; he’s always late for our dates. Our last date he was late because he played soccer.” Gab said pouting while Kimmy was just listening and stuffing gummy bears into the twins’ mouth to keep them busy.


“Well if you put it like that, he is a bit inattentive.” I heard Kimmy say while they were strolling around the mall to get Gab out of the house for a while after they went home from school since it was a weekend tomorrow. 


“But it doesn’t mean you can’t talk about it.” I tried my best to reason out because I knew Hyung joon oppa was doing the same with Hyun joong oppa.


“I know.” Gab said after giving out a heavy sigh.


“That’s more like it, at least promise to talk to him about your feelings, he won’t know unless you tell him. Arasso?” I linked my arm with hers and called Kimmy to follow since I can’t link arms with her when she was holding the twins’ hands.


“I’ll treat everyone to whatever food they want. Kaja.” I said and the four was happy again as we head out to one of the shops.


End of POV


“Aaahhh why are problems suddenly pouring?” Hyung joon whined the next day. Riza and Seung Ho were not talking to each other, Hyun joong and Gab were on silent treatment, and now Jungmin is having a problem, which affects us all.


“You guys are done shooting for your fighter music video right?” Min asked Hyung joon. Kyu jong, Joelle, Alicia and Youngsaeng were the only ones left at the house that Saturday afternoon.


“De. Wae?” 


“Youngsaeng oppa, Joelle ah, can you help Seung Ho prepare a something? I promised him to help him talk to Riza.” Min said and laid out her plans for them.


“Arasso. We’ll take care of them. Hyung joon take care of Hyun joong, Alicia take care of Gab. I’ll leave Jungmin to you as you suggested.” Youngsaeng said to them and lastly pointed Min.


“Shall I help with the venue then?” Kyu jong asked and Youngsaeng and Hyung joon laughed at him.


“Wae~” Kyu jong complained.


“If you help you might cause another blackout.” Youngsaeng said referring to Kyu jong who caused a blackout during their Fighter MV shooting when he pushed the main electricity switch by accident out of curiosity.


“Arasso. Arasso. Stop bullying my husband. I’ll call you when we there are changes in the plan.” Min said and they all dispersed in pairs to do their tasks.


Min’s POV


“Oppa, I’m feeling sad for my brother.” I said as I lay down on the bed beside him to rest for a bit, my stomach was too heavy. I was in my 6th month.


“I know. Being the King means you are not allowed to think of yourself, not even your own family.” He said and started drawing circles on my stomach. 


“What will happen to your group now?” I asked while looking at the ceiling and hearing the silence of the house since the twins were sleeping.


“As far as I heard him discuss with our manager, he’ll still take part in our activities like recording and shows but after that he’ll return immediately to our Kingdom, so I doubt he will be living with us.” My heart sank on what my husband said but I know my brother would be able to think of something. I know in his eyes, it’s not only me he sees but Kimmy as well.


“Are you okay? Should you just let me handle these things by myself? I don’t want you to get tired, I’m worried about your health.” I smiled as I saw the sincerity and love shone in his eyes.


“Kwenchana. I have you by my side, that is enough.” I said and kissed him.


“Should we make another baby after this one is born?” he asked mischievously.


“Ya! How many are you planning to make?” I playfully hit his shoulder as he kept teasing me with his kisses.


“I don’t know but I want a big family, my love for you just keeps on overflowing.” We both chuckled as he felt our baby kick since he had one of his hands on my stomach.


Jungmin’s POV


“Oppa, talk to me.” I heard Kimmy as she sat down next to me near the pool.


“I don’t want to talk about it Kim.” I said trying to act cold, of all people, she was the one I don’t want to be involved in this royal problems.


“But—“


“I said I don’t want to talk about it!” I yelled and used my ability to move fast to get away from where she was. Unknowingly I led myself to my car and sped down the way out of the villa.


Fox and his brother is no longer a threat, but dark followers are always trying to throw the kingdom upside down.” I sped up a little more, ignoring the horns blowing behind me.


The only way to strengthen the order is for you to be crowned King as destined.” I wasn’t caring anymore, I drove too fast until I almost ran my car into one of the empty abandoned beach that I always went to when I’m depressed.


I know you never had the intention of being the King, but as the crowned prince it is your duty to take the throne and lead this Kingdom.[” I gripped the steering wheel tightly.


“WHY WON’T YOU LET ME LIVE THE LIFE I WANT?!!!” I yelled and hit the steering wheel repeatedly before laying my head on it, tears falling down as if they had a mind on their own.


“Its too lonely there...living there and act strong is tiring...being the King is too lonely...” I whispered, giving in to my frustration that I have been keeping since I was appointed as the crowned prince.


~~~~

I hate the medicine but I'm taking it and drinking lots of water...except for sleep...keke once more chapter then its the epilogue already...