Chapter 4

Destiny at Sunset

 

Chapter 4

Bonded.

Kyu jong’s POV



“Kyu were starting again, stop fooling around.” Saeng called to me a few minutes after our break, we were rehearsing our dance routine for our new song at the dance studio.


“Ke Ke do I look like I’m fooling around?” I said with an amusing smile but I turned my head towards my left when I felt a pair of eyes trying to burn a hole on my head.


“You’re tired aren’t you?” Jungmin said after walking over me.


“Ei, of course I am this dance is difficult.” I said averting my eyes while drinking some juice.


“It’s taking its toll on your body, you’re getting tired more often, and you’re not getting some decent sleep either. It’s time to call for your partner.” My heart skip a beat when he told me that, I looked at the other members and I was glad that they are not paying any attention to us.


“I told you guys, I don’t know who my partner is.” 


“Liar.”


“Jungmin ah...” I said, finally realizing what he really meant, he knew.


“Two months after Saeng and me bonded, that’s when I knew. I told them too.”


“How?...” I asked in disbelief.


“She is my sister Kyu jong, anything related to her I can sense it though not accurately. My suspicions were confirmed just now. I saw how you fight yesterday, your power have become weaker.” 


“If I bond with her, she’ll be dragged into the dangerous work that we do as Guardians.” I said in hesitation, the fear of what might happen to her while we are in battle.


“She’s already the Young Herald, she’s already in danger as it is. The last thing she needs is to have someone hurt because of her. You know her like I do.” Jungmin’s words hit me hard, how much I hate to admit it, he was right. Min is my Caster and I am her Fighter, it’s the bond we are born with.


“Komawo Jungmin.” I said finally feeling a little clearer about the decision that I have to make.


End of POV


“Alicia Pali! Pali!” Min called out to her.


“Master please don’t run around, you might bump into someone.” Alicia reminded her as she rushed towards her master.


“Aiiyyoo. Didn’t I tell you to call me unnie?” Min said with arms on her waist.


“U-un-Unnie,” Alicia stuttered not seeing the smile forming on her master’s lips right after the word unnie came out of .


“Very good. Now try this on.” 


“Ei, we already bought so many clothes.” She tried to complain but Min just pushed her into the fitting room. While she was changing Min picked out more jeans, tops, dresses, skirts, and some undergarments for her and asked the sales lady to have it delivered to the address she gave her.


“Uh...Unnie how is this?” a shy Alicia came out of the fitting room, wearing the black fitted pants and silver dress shirt that Min asked her to wear.


“Perfect. She’ll be wearing this.” Min said to the saleslady that only nodded and smiled when they left the shop.


“Don’t we have to pay for this?” Alicia asked when Min dragged her into an ice cream shop.


“It’s paid for already. Don’t worry. Uncle I want two of the usual one.” Min said to the owner of the shop, paid for them, and went to seat on a table near the window.


Min’s POV

I was watching Alicia the whole time, and I was glad that she was starting to see me more as a friend than a master. I still have to get that formality out of her system though, I mentally noted.


“Alicia, what exactly is a Chi?” I asked her. I was thinking about it all night, imagine the shock I received when I figured out that she was a piece of chi, which I thought was some kind of object.


“Mianhe unnie. Even we don’t know that, the first young herald created us in this way, with only the knowledge that our next master who will be chosen would be the only person that could see our mark. We are then reincarnated into different lives in different worlds until our new master finds us.” Alicia explained and my head ached from the information given to me.


“It’s okay. It’s not like I know what I am supposed to do as the Young Herald anyway.” I smiled at her to reassure her that it was all right.


...double the dare, to give is a must, open your eyes or break your heart.” The voice talked inside my mind again, and the image of the mall that we are in flashed in my mind.


“Alicia Kaja we have to go, another riddle came up.” I told her and she immediately stood up and went with me as I went out of the shop and straight into the middle of the mall where I can see all the stores and floors when I look up.


“Open your eyes or break your heart...of course!” I said to myself when I saw the elevator that has a heart painted on its doors and it is halved into two when it opens and the open your eyes part must be the rooftop where you can see the view of the city.


“Alicia stay here. If something happens call my brother.” I told her when I left her at the entrance of the rooftop before handing her my phone.


“Aiggooo I’m so in trouble.” I said to myself as I saw an unknown creature hovering over two little boys. The boy with black hair was crying and trying to wake up the blonde one who was unconscious.


*chanting...


“Aiggooo.” I muttered after releasing my spell, it didn’t seem to budge the creature so I had to jumped in between them and cast a shield on the two boys so they won’t be targeted in any way.


“Double the dare is this two twin boys, now what’s the to give is a must...” I mentally calculated what it means while trying to dodge and defend myself. Good thing no one seems to go up in this rooftop at the moment.


End of POV


“Guys Min is in trouble.” Kyu jong said to his fellow members when he suddenly felt her presence dim.


“Hyung Joon teleport us now to where she is.” Jungmin commanded the youngest member.


“But, this will be the third time I used it today, what if we need to use it later?” he hesitated but the urgency in Kyu jong’s voice made him not to care anymore and use his powers to wherever the Princess was.


“Min!” Kyu jong ran towards her as he saw her barely conscious but still standing in front of an Oni.


“I’m okay, just tired from running around here, what the hell is that thing?” she told him and pointed to the one that the others were currently fighting.


“It’s an Oni. The only way to kill it is to attack it with its weakest element. Fire.” Kyu jong explained to her and healed her wounds while the others were busy holding the Oni still so that Jungmin could aim at it.


“Ya! Turtle can’t you do your job well?” Jungmin yelled at Hyung joon when the Oni managed to hurt his leg sending Youngsaeng to moan out in pain as blood flow out of his right leg.


“It’s hard you know! Hurry up will you and kill this thing.” Hyung joon retorted and complained when the ice on the vines were starting to break again. Jungmin just smirked as he jumped up using Hyung joon’s shoulder as a stepping-stone and flew down directly into the Oni. He disappeared inside the creature’s body for a few seconds before the Oni was sliced into pieces and vanished into thin air.


“Ew, I’m sweaty. Now I need to take another shower.” The crown prince complained as he helped his Caster to sit down where the others were already.


“Hyun Joong can you help me with Saeng’s wound?” the crown prince asked him and Min was confused why he didn’t let Kyu jong heal it himself.


“Hey! Are you still alive in there?” Hyung Joon knocked on the shield Min had created earlier and asked the two little boys inside as if they were some pets inside an aquarium.


“Ya! Is that any way to call them?!” Min got pissed off and sent him flying towards the other side.


“Oh! Hi Alicia, so you were here. Kaja. Everything is fine now.” Hyung joon said as he landed on Alicia’s feet and sighed heavily as they walk towards the other side.


“OMG! Aki! Yuki!” Alicia suddenly screamed in worry when she saw the two little boys inside the shield.


“Wait so these boys are also pieces of the chi?” Hyun joong asked her and she just nodded and instantly approached them when Min lowered down the shield.


“Noona! Yuki is hurt while he was protecting me.” The boy with black hair said and cried towards his sister while pointing at the still unconscious boy.


“There...There...Hyung will heal him for you arasso?” Kyu jong patted the boy’s head and went towards the blonde one, scanning his body for any injuries.


“Kyu jong let Hyun joong heal him.” Youngsaeng said to him but he refused.


“Hyun joong can only close a wound, not heal them. This boy is wounded deeply and has lost a lot of blood. Only I have the ability to heal it thoroughly.” Kyu jong said and summoned some water to wrap the boy’s body as he placed over his hand over his head. Yellow light surrounded the boy as the other Guardians were looking at each other, worry written on their eyes. Kyu jong was weak at the moment, and him pushing himself like this can drain his energy.


“Kyu oppa!” Min screamed as she catches Kyu jong who fainted right after he healed the blonde boy named Yuki.


“This is what I was talking about.” Youngsaeng said as Hyun Joong carried Kyu jong for Min on his back and he himself carried the now sleeping Yuki after wrapping his jacket around the boy.


“Hyung joon ah can’t you really use your teleportation power for a fourth time?” Hyun joong complained as they went inside the elevator and straight into the basement.


“Not a chance I’m not letting you guys force me into doing something reckless like that.” Hyung joon said as he helped him put Kyu jong inside Min’s car and the other two kids beside him.


“Min ah, go ahead and will catch up with you, we teleported here so we don’t have our cars, Youngsaeng go with them, Alicia can come with us. Go home directly." Jungmin commanded as only five persons can fit into her car.


“Arasso.” Min said and Youngsaeng started the engine.


Youngsaeng’s POV


“Min, are you already sure about it?” I asked her after explaining the situation and what was wrong with Kyu jong. The two kids were already settled on the sofa at the living room since they need to focus on Kyu first.


“De. I just wished he told me sooner, then he didn’t have to suffer from the lack of energy of not being with his partner for so long.” Min gave me a smile and asked Aki who was awake to watch over his twin brother for a while.


“I already told you the process of the ritual right? Don’t worry; Kyu jong is still semi-conscious he can guide you through it. Good Luck.” I waved her off and pushed her inside Kyu jong’s room and smiled when I walked back to the living room.


“Aki are you hungry?” I asked the boy who nodded fast. I chuckled at his response and went to make a sandwich. 


“Can five year olds eat sandwiches?” I said to myself then just decided to take out some pizza from the refrigerator and heat it up on the oven for a few minutes.


“Here you go. Want me to blow it for you?” I asked him when he stuck out his tongue after taking a bite. He nodded. I took it from him and used my powers to cool it off a bit and he giggled at what I did. 


“Komawo hyung.” He said and heartily ate the pizza. We were eating when the others arrived.


“Where’s my sister?” Jungmin asked the moment they came in.


“Taking care of Kyu jong.” I said and ate another slice. He just shrugged and headed to his room to more likely take a shower. I grinned at how slow his mind sometimes is.


End of POV


Jungmin just came out of the shower 30 minutes after and was putting on some white sweats and a black muscle shirt when he heard laughter of little kids coming from the living room.


“Glad to see you that you’re well already.” He told the blonde boy who was now wearing a clean green pajama identical to the red one that Aki was wearing. Apparently all of them had already taken a shower.


“De. Kamsamnida Crown Prince.” The boy bowed down and he couldn’t help but smile at his gesture.


“Just call me hyung arasso?” The crown prince told him and ruffled his hair before seating on the sofa in between the two HJ.


“Ya! Where is my sister again?” he asked when she was the only one missing aside from Kyu jong. The three boys chuckled when the crown prince’s eyes widened as he finally noticed.


“They are doing the ritual now?!!”’ he jumped out of the sofa and motioned towards Kyu jong’s room but Youngsaeng placed a shield on the hallway so that he can’t pass through.


“Jungmin ah if you disturb the ritual now, their health will be in danger.” Youngsaeng reminded him and he slumped back to his chair but only to be agitated more and scream when the three decided to .


“Hyun joong ah, I remember that a part of the ritual was to kiss ne?” Youngsaeng said and Jungmin screamed in horror, his being overprotective bursting out again.


“De. Right Jun?” he winked at the youngest member who whined and hid his face on the pillow. Not wanting to remember how his first kiss was with a male! Not the girl who was his crush on the palace.


The whole room was filled with laughter as they saw Hyung joon’s reaction and Jungmin’s lips twitching from time to time in an effort not to go wild as their were two children with them at the moment.


“Noona, Jungmin hyung making weird faces.” Yuki said to his sister Alicia who was smiling at one corner as she was fixing the table for dinner.


“Hyung, prince is angry.” Aki climbed on Youngsaeng’s lap when Jungmin suddenly slaps Hyung joon on his head.


“He’s not. He’s just being overprotective.” Youngsaeng said to the child and placed him more comfortable on his lap as they watched the ongoing bickering of the two and the fallen Hyun joong who was on the floor laughing.


--- Kyu jong’s room


“Min are you really sure about this?” Kyu jong asked her for the 5th time since the Young herald told him to perform the ritual so that he won’t feel weak anymore.


“Aisshh. Kyu oppa how many times do you want to hear it?” she replied and helped him to leaned on the head board and place some pillows on the back of his head for support.


“Ke Ke sorry. Uh, you do know what we have to do for the ritual right?” he asked awkwardly to her as he saw her face turned red.


“De.” She said and just eyed his room, she liked the manly design of the room.

user posted image

“Aiggoo. Let’s get this done, I’m not used to seeing you this weak.” Min said to hide the embarrassment she was feeling. 


“Arasso. Komawo for agreeing and mianhe for hiding it from you, I promise I’ll try my best not to get hurt and to protect my Caster.” He said and took her right hand and smiled at her.


“Ready?”


“Ready.” She answered back as he took a deep breath to get the dizziness out of his system.


“I, He who controls over water and time...”

“I, The Young Herald who controls the stars...”

“Is here to bond ourselves into one through the gift that was blessed with us...”

“Kim Kyu Jong, my destined Fighter...”

“Park Soo Min, my destined Caster...”

“Will be bonded us one now and forever...” they performed the first part of the ritual and that was making the contract.


“This might hurt a bit.” Kyu jong told her and took the small knife and cut a line on her palm as he did the same on his. Fingers intertwined, they locked their hands together, blood mixing with blood.


“Ah!” Min whined a little when she felt her veins were like on fire, her whole body felt like it was being pricked my little fires. Kyu jong pulled her towards his chest, humming to her to ease the pain while being careful not to break the contact of their hands.


When they felt the pain ease down and totally gone, Kyu jong cupped Min’s chin with his free hand to seal the bond that was just created as the final step of the ritual. He slowly dipped his head and kissed her gently until they felt each other’s warmth fill them inside, signaling that the bond was just sealed.


“Can you feel my presence inside yours too?” Min asked him when he broke the kiss.


“De. Just like you, this is a part of being bonded. You can feel it the most by tomorrow when the process is complete.” He said and ruffled the hair of the now sleepy Min. 


Being the Caster it was her energy that was used for the ritual, which was why it was a must to stay within each other’s reach over the night when the bond was created, to allow the ritual to completely bond them together and share their energy.


“Good night.” Kyu jong said to her as he placed her head gently on his pillow and lay down beside her on top of the blanket he placed on her and drifted off to sleep.


~~~~How's the story so far?? ^^