Sketch

Drabbles #2

"Hold on just a little longer, Jongup-ah." Yongguk whispered, holding his sketchbook tightly in his hand, sketching out the outlines of his next artwork.

Jongup didn't mind posing for the elder, as he had done many times before. His hyung was an artist, constantly finding inspiration in the strangest of places for his art. But what he loved most was his simply drawings, with pencil and paper. He found his talent to be greatest there. He would start with a simple sketch, and create the most beautiful shaded drawing he's ever seen. Yongguk hardly ever drew Jongup, he just used the pose to draw another human, like a woman, or a martial artist. He just needed to know how the body would be positioned.

"Alright, I got it, thanks." Yongguk announced, and Jongup finally relaxed his body, tired of being in the same position for a good hour. It usually didn't take him this long, so he was kind of confused. But the obedient younger didn't dare ask to look at the sketch, knowing Yongguk hated people seeing his unfinished work.

 

Jongup woke the next morning, jumping when he saw his hyung sitting on his bed. He had his sketchbook in hand, looking down at him and drawing. Jongup just looked over at him, wondering what he was doing.

"I get more inspiration when I'm with you, to be honest." Yongguk mumbled, about to get up, but Jongup grabbed his hand.

"I understand." Jongup said with a smile, "I dance better when you're there to critique me."

Yongguk nodded, sitting back down. "It's Saturday, so you can go back to sleep." He mumbled, and Jongup just nodded, closing his eyes and relaxing back into the abyss of sleep.

Yongguk just frowned, looking down at his sketch then back at the younger. He'd been trying to draw the teen ever since they'd moved into the same dorm at this art college. But no matter what he did, he couldn't capture it right. Couldn't capture his facial expressions, or the emotions the boy felt. He looked at his sketch, not quite understanding what he did wrong. It just didn't look like Jongup. He sighed, reaching over and brushing his fingers over the teen's soft cheek.

"I guess you're too beautiful for me to capture." He whispered, smiling down at him. The younger was sleeping, lips slightly parted, hair disheveled, flat against the pillow. He couldn't help the affection he had for this freshman, as a senior he shouldn't get attached to someone he'd only be with for a year, but he couldn't help it. The younger did everything he asked, smiled when he was down, kept strength even when Yongguk broke down, and made it his priority to make Yongguk happy, even though he'd only known him for a semester.

Jongup mumbled something incoherent, sitting up. "Hyung..." He mumbled, eyes still closed. Yongguk just chuckled, not sure if he was awake or sleeping.

"Yes, pup?" Yongguk asked, often referring to him as a puppy, energetic, yet still obedient.

"Hyung..." He repeated with a whine, outstretching his arms. Yongguk just laughed softly, sliding forward until he was in those arms. Jongup wrapped them around him, nuzzling his face in his neck. "Hyung." He repeated in a more content tone, a smile curving on the elder's skin. Yongguk just sighed, loosely putting his arms around him, looking down at his sketchbook.

"I guess I don't need to capture you on paper, Jongup-ah." He whispered, smiling. "I have you right here."

"But hyung.." Yongguk looked down, hearing the boy's voice, still raspy from sleep. "You'll be gone soon." Jongup mumbled, his smile fading.

"I'll visit." Yongguk whispered, rubbing his back. "And I'll write letters, and call you, tell you how my job is."

"Mhm'kay." Jongup whispered, still lost in the grasp of sleep.

"But I still want to draw you successfully one of these days." Yongguk said softly. "So I can look at it when I'm missing you at work."

"When you miss me you can just call me, babo." Jongup mumbled slowly, his words dragging together from sleep.

"But I won't feel accomplished until I've drawn you." Yongguk sighed. "I draw all the people close to me, so I have a piece of them with me." Yongguk hissed when Jongup clamped his teeth down on his neck. He tried pushing the younger away, as it was too hard to be a playful bite. When Yongguk felt the skin break, he finally got him away. "What the hell?" Yongguk asked.

Jongup just flopped on the bed, eyes still closed, a content smile on his face. "There's a piece of me. Forever until it heals. Then I'll do it again."

Yongguk just laughed, patting his head. "I never know when you're being sweet or evil. Or when you're awake for that matter."

"Shh!" Jongup giggled lazily. "It's a secret."

THE END.