Local

Drabbles #2

It was local news. "High schooler wins college academic competition. Going to professional levels." Everyone knew the name.

Yoo Youngjae.

But they didn't know the motivation behind him. They didn't know the one giving him massages when his neck was bent over too long studying. They didn't know the one going out and buying him an excellent breakfast to ensure his brain was working properly. They didn't know the one making him feel amazing the night before a competition. They didn't know the one quizzing him during lunch, even though he didn't know a thing about anything Youngjae knew.

They didn't know Moon Jongup.

"You did amazing, hyung!" Jongup cheered, showing up at the competition with a whole box of food, all the kinds he knew the elder enjoyed.

Youngjae just pulled the younger into an embrace instead. "I didn't do anything." He mumbled. "It was all you."

"I wasn't in there answering questions, hyung." Jongup muttered with a pout. "It was all you."

"You know it was you." Youngjae argued. "I wouldn't even be here without you."

"Hyung, you would still be this smart without me." Jongup argued, shoving the box into his chest. "Eat."

"Without your in bed breakfast and morning kisses I wouldn't have even got out of bed." Youngjae whispered, kissing his forehead.

Jongup blushed slightly, leaning his head on Youngjae's. "I just help you with other stuff since I'm not so smart." He muttered.

"And all I can do is academics." Youngjae chuckled. "So you're there to help me with everything else." Youngjae looked up, jumping when he realized the news crew was pointed at them.

"Local news: Youngjae converses with partner to celebrate victory."

Jongup blushed tightly, pressing his face in Youngjae's chest. "L-Let's get out of here." He whispered.

Youngjae chuckled, "Yeah, let's go."

THE END.