Diner

Drabbles #2

The diner was packed with people, rushing to finish their lunch to return to work. I just relaxed, sipping on my tea and waiting. Just waiting for the right moment. I knew he had to have noticed me staring. If not, he wasn't very smart. I wasn't subtle at all, didn't want to be.

He was damn fine, and I wanted him to know I was interested.

Sure he was with a girl, but that never stopped me before.

I didn't understand why he hasn't confronted me, or seem the least bit disturbed by my more than obvious staring.

Did he genuinely not notice?

I waited until he left the diner, his girlfriend long gone, before I approached him. "Hey, I just happened to notice you and I was hoping you noticed me too?" I mumbled, scratching my head.

"I didn't notice you?" He murmured, a soft voice slipping past his lips. "Is there something I can help you with?"

I was never nervous when I asked someone out, but for some reason, all the good pick up lines I used left my head. I was worried for the first time, yet no one has even rejected me before. I was Kim Himchan, the most beautiful man in existence.

"I was wondering if we could talk sometime?" I asked, filled with confidence. He just blinked at me a couple times before shrugging.

"I guess so." He muttered. "Although I don't know you."

"I'd like to change that!" I said proudly, and he just jumped back, face filled with shyness. It was adorable, and I just chuckled. "I'm Kim Himchan."

"Okay." He mumbled.

"And you are?" I asked.

"Moon Jongup." He said softly.

"Well, Moon Jongup, would you accept my offer if I asked you to date me?" I asked, smiling wide.

"I don't know." He shrugged, and I just smiled wider.

"Would you care to go out with me?" I asked, and he shrugged.

"Where are we going?" He asked.

I slapped my forehead, "Would you like to be my boyfriend?"

"Yeah, we can be friends, sure." He nodded, and I just hit my forehead again.

"Would you care to be in a more-than-friendly relationship with me?" I asked, hoping he'd get the picture this time.

"More than friendly? Is that just really good friends?" He asked, and I screamed.

"I mean lovers, babo." I sighed.

"Lovers?" He muttered, and I nodded. "It might take me a minute to love you, you know."

I just sighed. "You are one strange creature, Moon Jongup."

"I'm a human, just like you are." He stated, and I just slapped my head again

Is this even worth all this trouble?

"How about we just have and move on?" I asked, scratching my forehead.

"I don't think lovers are supposed to move on after they have once, right? They do it again and again because that's what lovers do."

I jumped, not expecting that reaction.

"So we're either one-timers or lovers, and since you said lovers, then I'm guessing you don't want to move on, unless you do, then you've misplaced your words." He continued.

"How old are you?" I asked.

"20." He informed.

I just sighed, smiling slightly. "Let's just start small, okay?" I patted his shoulder. "Let's start by going on dates and getting to know each other, then our relationship might progress."

"You're confusing." He muttered, and I just chuckled.

I'm confusing? Then what the hell does that make you?

"Life is confusing, Jongup-ssi." I wrote my number on his hand, heading to the car.

"What's this?!" He called to me.

"Call that number later, okay?!" I called back, driving home, laughing to myself.

This was going to be one fun relationship.

THE END.