Ghost

Drabbles #2

"T-Terminal?" I whispered, coughing slightly. I looked over at Youngjae, watching how difficult it was for him to breathe. "He's going to die....right?" I bit my lip, and looked back at the doctor.

"Yes, sir. I'm sorry." The doctor whispered. "We'll go ahead and put him out of his misery. I suggest you say your goodbyes."

I nodded, trying my best to will away the tears. I leaned down, moving his hair out of his eyes. "Jae-yah..." I whispered, and he weakly smiled up at me.

"Hey, jagi." He whispered with the little bit of breath he could manage.

I couldn't stop the tears, and I just wiped them as they fell. "I love you." I mumbled, leaning down and kissing his forehead. "I love you so much."

"I know, babe." He coughed out, with a smile. "I love you, too."

"Don't forget about me, you understand?!" I ordered rather loudly and pitifully, tears falling faster than I could erase them.

"Understood." He smiled, eyebrows furrowing as the machine beeped furiously, stating he wasn't getting enough oxygen.

"I won't forget about you, either, so don't worry." I whispered, trailing my fingers down his cheek. "You're perfect, Jae-yah. Never forget that."

He coughed, but managed to smile, "Can I call you 'hyung', like old times?" He coughed out, choppily.

"Sure." I managed to laugh softly, kissing his lips tenderly. "Remember when we first met?" I asked, lying down beside him on the hospital bed and entangling my hands in his. He nodded, smiling brightly.

It was pouring down rain, freezing the streets. I was falling down with every step, attempting to get to the bus stop. I fell down hard on the road, scraping my elbows and knees. I cried out, crying pathetically as the rest of my peers got in their cars and drove safely home. We couldn't afford a car, could hardly afford food each day."Are you okay?" He leaned down, lifting me off the ground. his hair was blonde, buzzed on the sides and soft in the middle. His eyes were shining and chocolate, and I immediately knew I liked him.

"I-I'm okay." I had whispered, letting him pull me in his car.

"Yoo Youngjae." He introduced himself, a name I knew I'd never forget.

"Jung Daehyun." I introduced myself, smiling at his kindness, thanking him again and again.

"You used to be so sad." He choked out, gripping tightly onto my hand.

I nodded, smiling. "And after I met you, I was never sad again." I whispered, biting my lip and letting more tears fall. "Try not to talk, babo. You can hardly breathe." I mumbled, wiping a tear that fell from his eye.

"I-I can never breathe when you're here, hyung." He whispered, his voice raspy. "You take it away."

"How can I give it back?" I whispered, leaning my forehead on his. "Take it back, babo, you need it."

He just smiled, but coughed and gripped my hands again, fighting for air. His chest was heaving, and the doctor just sighed. "He's miserable, Jung-ssi." He mumbled, and I nodded, standing up.

"I love you, Youngjae-babo." I said with a small laugh, holding his hand tightly.

"And I love you, Daehyun-hyung." He choked out, his eyes closed tightly for lack of air. "I'll see you later, hyung." He whispered with his last breath, and I just nodded, moving aside to let the doctor let him go.

I heard the flat-line and I broke, crying so much that I couldn't see straight. "Treat him well, up there." I yelled as I looked up. "Treat him so ing well that he wished he'd left sooner!"

 

I woke, biting my lip and trying to stop the tears, realizing his strong, warm arms weren't around me. "Youngjae." I whispered, sighing, smoothing out his side of the bed. "I miss you already."

"I miss you, too, babe."

I jumped, feeling a cold wind blow over me. I shook it off, knowing I must be crazy. It wasn't just Youngjae's voice I heard.

"C-Can you hear me, jagi?"

"Jae?" I whispered, shivering from the cold wind once more. I sat up, feeling a cold aura surrounding me. It was freezing, and I just heard the voice again.

"Yeah." The voice whispered, and I just smiled.

"I don't even care if I'm crazy..." I whispered with a chuckle, "As long as you're here with me. A real ghost or not."

"I'm real, baby." The voice smoothed out, and I just smiled, falling back on my bed.

"I believe you, Jae-yah." I giggled, wiping the tears away. "I believe you. You're here with me." "I'm here." A raspy laugh whispered, and I just smiled, curling up on the bed.

"I love you, Jae." I whispered.

"I love you, too, Daehyunnie."

THE END.