The Beginning

My Vampire Princess

 

 

~ Chapter 1 ~

 

 

Sometimes it just hits you, life is too short. Find what makes you happy, love your family and friends and forget about the people who try to bring you down...

 

 

 

 

    

                        I woke up by the rays of the sunlight passing through the cold glass window into the satin curtain. I reluctantly open my eyes and stared at the wooden ceiling for awhile, today is just like the  other days, nothing special. just the same routine, wake up, preapare breakfast then go to school, today is our first day of school vacation i was really looking forward to it. I got up then went to the bathroom, I stared at my reflection at the mirror, what can i say? Im not as attractive as ever, pale skin that i don't even know if i should go out sometimes, to warm my skin and send some color on my pale body,my hair is hanging loosely just above my waist it was a shade of dark brown which i am happy to have...., just then i heard someone was knocking at the door, i washed my face quickly and opened the old wooden door.

I saw Ms. Miya standing there, her face was pale and she look like she just received something she did'nt expect. I looked at her eyes but it was refusing to meet mine, i held her hands and i gasp at how cold it was.

" Mother?" i said, Ms. Miya is like a mother to me, she said she was entrusted to take care of me that's why she treated me like her own daughter. She loves the children at the orphanage that she never married. I've been at the orphanage since the time i can remember, I grew up here and spend the rest of my 17 years here. I wonder who really are my parents? why did they put me here? But, Ms. Miya insists that my parents want me to be safe. Safe from what?

 

"Mother.." I repeated, letting her in and brush the locks of her white hair away from her beautiful-old face "..is there something wrong?" 

"oh..hye..ri.. " she started, She looked at me and looked away and then at me again, I swear something is definitely wrong, Is she going to send me away? Is she getting tired of me? I tried to push those thoughts away but then she said the least thing i expected to come off from . " it's time for you you to go..... home"

What?

I let go of her hand and scooted away from the Mother that was with me with all my life. Is she kidding? Maybe I didn't hear it right? Home? What does that even me? I feel sudden fear,anger and betrayal. I swallowed the lump on my throat and backed away.

"Wh-What are you talking about?" My hoarse voice was trembling, I tried to hold back these stupid tears. I should not cry, I shouldn't. This is all a lie.

"You know that im not your real mother Hye ri,..." She said so soft, that i just want to hug her right now." it's time fo yo to go... your at the certain age..it's only a matter of time before you become one.." she continued, holding my hand again and this time she squeezed it like she's sure of everything she' saying.  Right now, All i want is to disappear. I don't have any idea what is she talking about? Sending me home when i don't even ha ve one? Maybe She is bluffing but when i looked at her again, her eyes were serious and it tells everything.

"You also know that i was just entrusted to take care of you.... your parents entrusted me to  raise you as normal as possible.. and when the time comes i will return you home..and now.. it's the time.."  she said, she look me sternly in the eyes,.. her lips quivered it looks like that if i ask her more she would start crying..

what? So my parents wanted to see me? After all those years, right now they just wanted to see me ? What's wrong with them ? Do I look like some kind of a price that they will just bargain. I felt a squeeze of pain, anger, lost in my heart. Why are they doing these? Don't they know that their daughter is grown up now, and it will be just a month away and i would be 18. I  sure spent my whole life in the orphanage, It's my home and i don't have any idea of leaving anyway, But why on earth would they entrust my whole life here? A tiny part of my brain screams that i should go and see my parents.

 

" It's time for you to leave.. hye ri.. " she said I don't  have any idea what to say... my mind is full of questions right no and I don't know what to ask her first.. 

" I don't know" I whispered. My head was hurting and i just want to crawl back into bed and sleep again.

" By the time you get home,.. you will understand, my child" she said ."you will leave... after a week.." I kept silent and try to process everything in my mind. It's just my parents right? They wanted to see me? Nothing could go wrong with that. i tried to bring all the positive thoughts in my mind. 

" You'll understand everything, Im not the right person that could explain it well " she said as she kissed my cheeks went out. As she closed the door, I sat there motionless. I just want to wake up from this nightmare. This isn't true. This is just a dream, a horrible one.