Chapter 21

Forgotten

It is late at night , but everyone was still there.

Min Young’s party is just starting now.

“Today is a very special day ,” a guest said loudly “Except for the engagement party , today is also Min Young’s birthday~”

“Ohhhhhh” everyone cheered , so today is Min Young’s birthday. It is said that Min young is treated like a gem since born and resulted in developing fear of people. Everything about Min young has been like a secret protected by his father. But now everyone knows her birthday.

“Quiet , please quiet down.” The guest said “since today is such a special occasion , can we invite Min Young to sing for us and Myungsoo to play the piano.”

“Ehh?” Min Young looked at Myung “ No I can’t do this , I am afraid , Myung.”

“I will play the piano for you.” Myung said and walked towards the piano.

“No Myung , I am afraid!” Min young grabbed onto Myungsoo’s shirt and look at him.

“I already listen to you and came to this stupid party, what else do you want?” Myung said softly when he walk past Min Young “Request for things willfully and hide selfishly then let others settle it and do what you don’t want to, I , hate this part of you the most.”

*Min Young’s pov*

The hand I used to grab Myung release itself and I stood there stoned.

What should I do? I looked towards where father is to find help but he is not there.

Father….. What to do? Should I run away or reject it? NO , this is a party I wanted for so long and I used everything to get this, I won’t ruin it.

I opened my mouth and sang. When I finished singing , praises were showered on me.

“Thank you…” I said and leaned towards Myung , but I froze the moment I saw someone standing in a corner.

“Hello , Min Young.” Woohyun said with a pale face.

*Woohyun’s pov*

“Woohyun….” Min young looked at me like she have seen ghost. “Hello , Woohyun , I am happy to see you here.” She tried to smile but she didn’t know she failed terribly.

“So today is your birthday, happy birthday.” I smiled “But I didn’t bring anything here , should I sing you a song as a gift?”

“Oh you are also going to sing? Sure~” she said and stood next to Myung.

They stood together looking very nicely like prince and princess but I am only an extra guy standing here.

“This is also a guest?” the mc for today asked Min Young’s father.

“She is.” Min Young’s father said

“You really know how to sing?” the mc looked at Woohyun coldly “Talking doesn’t mean you know how to sing. There are lots of famous singers here today.”

“It doesn’t matter if he knows how to sing right?” Min Young’s father spoke “this is a present for Min young, it is the thought that matters.”

“I will play the piano for you.” Myung said “What melody do you want?”

I looked at Min young who turned pale “No need.”

*No one’s pov*

When Woohyun started singing , everyone there was shocked. His voice was low and husky , just fitting into the lyrics and feelings of the song, gentle and soothing , calming but sad. His voice is what most singers wished for.

Min young is so shock that she stood there frozen staring at Woohyun. She had never heard Woohyun sing, neither did she expect that Woohyun that uses violence to solve everything has such a nice voice.

Woohyun is smiling gently, expression gentle and calming but the song coming out from his mouth sounds so sad.

On the second floor, Min young’s father grabbed onto the railing , face filled with shock.

This is that woman’s song!

The lyrics was written when she was entering a competition , and the one who compose it was Min Young’s father.But in the end , she didn’t go for the competition so nobody else should have known this song.

“That kid might be Min Hwa’s son.” Min Young’s father said to himself.

Woohyun’s song ended. It is silent as everyone is recovering from the shock.

After a while, someone clapped , and everyone started clapping, the impression of Woohyun to others have changed.

Woohyun reached his hand out “Myung , come with me”

Everyone was shocked again and started saying this and that.

“Are you serious? The things that you should say is totally the opposite!”

“That should be what the knight that saved the princess says!”

“I was hoping for him to come and snatch Myungsoo oppa , but not like this! It is not romantic at all.”

“Some facts can’t be changed , violence is violence , you can’t expect someone violent to be romantic.”

“what are you saying?!” Min Young is scared now “Didn’t you congrat us?”

“Did i?” Woohyun said “ I only said happy birthday to you right?”

“You—” Min Young grabbed Myung’s sleeve “you won’t go right?”

Myung frowned.

“What are you waiting for?” Woohyun asked Myung , smiling “You said it yourself , I only belongs to Myung, so Myung only belongs to me. Even if you don’t remember the past, Myung still belongs to only me.”

“Myung!” Min Young said worriedly when she saw Myung shaken “You promised me!”

Woohyun feels weird , Myungsoo is like tied down by Min Young.

“What happened?” Woohyun said looking at them “what promise do you two have?”

“Do you want to know?” Min Young’s voice turned cold suddenly “Myung , do you want me to tell her?”

Myung turned pale but still said “You can say if you want to.”

“Myung!” Min Young looked at him ,not believing that he actually doesn’t care “Don’t you care anymore? Aren’t you worried that she will know the truth?”

“Truth?” Woohyun is even more curious “what truth?”

“If you want to say it , then do it.” Myung repeated and reached for Woohyun’s hand “Let’s go.” And they walked out.

*Min Young’s pov*

 I can’t say it , if I say it , I will lose Myung forever, Myung will despise her for life and I will need to live being hated by him. Don’t say it! Don’t!

As they are nearing the door , a voice shouted “Myung is dead!”

I said wide eyed  I can’t believe I said that….

*Woohyun’s pov*

Just when we was about to step out of the door , Min Young’s voice was heard “Myung is dead!”

My heart skipped a beat.

“What are you saying?” I turned around and smiled “Isn’t it funny to say that? Myung is standing here.” But I stopped smiling soon , because , Myung is not smiling. He is looking at me with a sad expression plastered on his face. “Myung?”

“He is not Myung, he is Kim Myungsoo, the future leader of the Kim’s , a famous singer.” Min young explained coldly “The promise you had can only live in the dark. The Myung that belongs to you is dead a few years back!”

“What do you mean?” I stared at Min Young “The things you just said , what do they mean?”

“They are two different people.” Min Young finally said the truth “The Myung that you have been looking for and the Myung that is standing beside you are different people. The Myung that you are looking for is dead!”

“…..” I stood there trying to process what Min Young just said

“Why do you think Myung will agree to engage with me?” Min Young looked at me straight in the eyes “I threaten him. I threaten to tell you the truth if he don’t do as I say.”

I look at Min Young then at Myung “Myung , what is she saying?”

 “It is true.” Myung answered.

*No one’s pov*

In an instant , Woohyun turned pale. His face has never been this pale. He smiled , the smile getting bigger and bigger. He pulled his hand from Kim Myungsoo and took a step back , sounding oddly calm “So you are saying that you are not the Myung I am looking for , I made a mistake?”

Kim Myungsoo’s heart is breaking into pieces , but his voice is still gentle “The person that you are looking for is actually my younger brother.”

Woohyun’s body is shaking , almost falling. His face is turning paler and paler but his smile is empty but beautiful. “Ohh , no wonder you and Sungyeol is acting weirdly, saying that it is different. This is funny , how did I even made such a mistake.”

“Woohyun…” Myungsoo reached his hands wanting to say something but Woohyun dodged it.

He opened his mouth and said weakly “Myung , is already dead?”

Kim Myungsoo remained silent for a while before answering “Yes.”
In an instant , Woohyun’s light disappeared , he began shaking and his legs gave out and he fell to the floor.

“Woohyun—” Myungsoo went over wanting to help him up.

“Please don’t touch me.”

A simple sentence let Kim Myungsoo froze on the spot.

“Please don’t touch me. If you are not Myung then don’t touch me.”

Kim Myungsoo can’t smile anymore. “Didn’t you say that, even if I am not Myung , you will still love me?” He said softly and gently “Didn’t you say , you like me , not because of the memories , but because it’s me, that’s why you like me?”

“I am lying.” A calm and clear 3 three words let Kim Myungsoo lose all his hope.

“I lied, so I am getting my retribution. It’s fair , very fair.” Woohyun mumbled and stood up walking out slowly.

“Did you liked me?” Myungsoo said “Even if a bit , not because of Myung, did you ever liked me?”

Woohyun stopped for a while before continuing “No , not even a bit.”

Kim Myungsoo smiled, the more pained he is , the bigger the smile.

Finally being rejected.

Ran away , afraid , hid , lied and in the end he is still rejected.

He was betting, if Woohyun liked him.

But he lost, lost everything.

In the end , Woohyun didn’t even gave him a place in his heart.

He lost completely….