Chapter 14 (Full)

Forgotten

A/N: I just realised that i didn't post the last part of the story >.< So sorry >.<

*Sungyeol’s pov*

The day I met Myung was a day where cherry blossoms are still blooming.

“Mrs Lee , your daughter’s condition is not very good , you can’t leave!”

She said coldly “He is only pale , don’t make a fuss about it!”

“But” The nurse can’t take it anymore “He is your son!”

“He is alive because he is my son , if he came from some poor family , he would be dead right now. He should be happy about it instead of giving me troubles like this!” with that she walked away.

On the bed , Sungyeol has no emotions on his face , not sad , not angry he doesn’t even feel pain.

It will be better if I am not born.

It would be better if I can just die like that.

If I never exist , my existence can just disappear , that would be great.

“What are you doing squatting here , are you looking at ants?” A boy walked towards me looking very curious “I notice that you have been squatting here for a long time , aren’t you tired?”

“Not looking at ants. Not tired.” I replied mechanically

“If you are not looking at ants , then why are you squatting here?” The boy became more curious and squatted down trying to figure out what else is on the floor except for ants , petals and grass.

“I am , sunbathing.”

“There is no sun here , it is all blocked by this tree.” The boy said

“The nurses said , Sungyeol must , take a , sunbath here.”

“Your name is Sungyeol?” The boy chuckled “The way you speak is so funny , let’s be friends , alright?”

“Friends?” I asked

“Friends are , whom you play with, laugh together and cry together and shares secrets together.” He explained to me “From today onwards ,we are friends.”

I am still figuring out what the word ‘friends’ means “Myung’s friend.”

Myung not only became my friend , he also became my guardian. He taught me a lot of things like how to speak properly and bringing me out to play.

One day he told me about a boy.

He is the only one that can make me sad , he is the only one that can make me happy. He knows all of me , good and bad. I only belongs to him.”

I sat there listening intensely “What is he like?”

“him?” Thinking of the boy , Myung’s expression became very gentle “He is a very fragile person.”

“Fragile?” I asked

“Yes , even though he look very strong and stubborn , but he is more fragile than anyone else, he needs to be protected and loved more than anyone else.”

I don’t know why, I don’t like the person Myung is talking about. He took up all of Myung’s feelings, Myung’s longing thoughts, He is such a blissed person but he is so fragile.

“ Oh , when I found him , let’s go meet him together, I bet he will like you , you are very alike

Alike? I turned and walked away silently .

….. not alike… I am different from that person that needs to be protected , I am different!

The next day , he came and chat with me again.

“Actually , I have a brother.” Myung said

“Brother?”

“Brother is that someone that is the closet with you except for your parents.” He explained.

“Will your brother smile?”

“No” he replied sadly

“Why?”

“It’s because , he doesn’t know my existence.” He said sadly “Hyung is the light , a light that cannot be dirtied , but me , I am an existence that will dirty the light.”

He smiled sadly , That smile I don’t want to see it again

I need to attend a party orgarnized by some other rich families and there I saw Kim Myungsoo , Myung’s brother… after a performance by him , everyone crowded around him to praise him and all but the next minute he was left alone at a corner smiling , but he look so sad. I walked over and said “You are not the light.”

He look shock at what I just said.

“You are not the light , you are only brighter than other people but you are definitely not the light.” I continued. “You are only someone that needs light.” He seemded to be shocked at the last sentence and stood there stoned. While I walk away to the hospital I must bring Myung here.

“Faster!” I said pulling him along with me “If you rush there now , maybe you will be able to see your hyung!”

“Sungyeol!” Myung doesn’t know what to say to Sungyeol “That kind of places aren’t some place that I should be stepping my foot in. you should go back before anyone realized that you slipped out halfway , or your mother will scold you again.”

“No!” I pulled Myung to the road and crossed , Myung stopped halfway and told me “Sungyeol , I can’t see him.”

“your hyung , he look so sad , even though he is smiling , he look like some part of his heart is dug out.” I look at him seriously “His heart is like saying , I wanna see Myung , I really want to!”

Myung stood there stoned. Suddenly his expression changed and pushed me away.

“Pain… Myung what are you do-” I stared at Myung shocked . A car knocked Myung and he flew and rolled on the floor a few times before coming to a stop.

The world was as if it stopped moving.

“Myung”

“Promise me, don’t tell her.” Myung raised his hands and reached for me “Promise me , don’t tell her that I am dead.”

“No! I don’t want to!” I shouted “You said that you are going to let me see him! You promised!”

“Mian.” The boy smiled , his smile filled with sorrow.”I can’t fulfill it.”

“No! I don’t care! You promised!” The little boy’s face is already filled with tears by now. “Get up! Don’t die! Please! Don’t die on me!”

“Mian…Mian…” The boy mumbled “If I can, I really wish that I could see him one last time, really...”

“You can! Just stand up! Don’t die!” The little boy shouted

The boy shook his head slowly, he smiled with his pale face looking especially beautiful.

“I really…really…wished… to see him…. One last time…really”