Chapter 19

Forgotten

A/N: I am sorry for not updating , i have common tests last week.

*Woohyun’s pov*

“Umma!” I shouted as the bottle in my hands fell onto the floor and broke into pieces. I turned and ran towards the stairs.

I have not mistaken , even if 15 years have past , even if she looks a little different, I am sure , that woman is my mother!

But why is umma here?

My heart is beating faster and faster with every step I took. My breathing was faster , I grabbed my hands so tightly that my knuckles are turning white. Faster! Run faster! Only a little more! Just a little more , I can see umma—

Woohyun must be a good kid oh, umma loves kid that listens and be good…

The memories came back like river…

Be good and wait here for me okay?

The sun is shining brightly , cherry blossoms are blooming nicely and petals are flying around, umma’s voice is never this sweet.

Wait under this tree, don’t go away okay?

Only ten steps left….

Cherry blossoms are so pretty right? So the time that I come back will be when this tree has fully bloomed.

Nine….

Woohyun doesn’t like cherry blossoms? Andwaeyo . Umma loves cherry blossoms,so Woohyun must also like cherry blossoms.

Eight….

Cherry blossoms collect thoughts. Even when they leave , even when they died, the longing thoughts of the person that loves you will never disappear and will always stay.

Seven….

Lastly , umma loves you….

Six….

I am leaving because I love you.

The exit is right infront , Woohyun is running faster , his heart is beating faster and louder. But no matter how hard he tired , how hard he tries to cover his ears, the voice in his memories is still ringing in his ears.

I love you.

I love you , Woohyun.

I love you.

Because I love you… I am leaving …

I don’t understand, if you really love me, then why do you abandon me. I don’t understand, Umma!

Only four steps left…

Three…

Two…

One…

“Where are you going running this fast?” A white shadow blocked my way and stopped me easily.

“Let go , Woo!” I struggled “I saw umma! I am going to find umma!”

Dongwoo is smiling gently , but his expression is so cold that it can stop one from breathing “I don’t know if your mother is here, but I know that if you keep on running you will definitely have an attack. Even if you want to die, you must also ask for my permission.”

I stared at him coldly “I repeat , let go of me!”

Dongwoo froze for a second and smiles “I can let you go , but you cannot run anymore.”

When dongwoo let go of me , I didn’t run anymore but I walked briskly outside. Outside , some patients are chit chatting , lying around. But umma is not here.

Dongwoo followed “Where is your mother?”

“Umma” I mumbled and shook my head “I saw her , really.”

“Your mother is not here.” Dongwoo comforted her “Don’t be too anxious , when I find her , I will inform you—”

“Really?” I cut him

Dongwoo stunned for a second “What?”

“When you find her , will you really inform me?” I looked down , trying hard to smile “I… I have always trusted you, except for Myung , you are the only one I trust, Dongwoo!”

Dongwoo was stunned and stood there , unable to speak.

 

In the hospital.

“Aish , didn’t I say that you can’t go out?” A nurse held onto a female patient and said “We will be very troubled if you continue to go out suddenly like this.”

The female patient turned around and said with a beautiful smile “Mianhe.”

 

The door opened and someone walked in.

“Aish , where have you gone to refill my water?” Sungyeol stared at the person that walked in “America?”

“Mian , I went for a very long time right.” I showed him fragments of the bottle “I broke this bottle and I didn’t get any water.”

“Ahh! Ahh!” Sungyeol screamed “My only water bottle is destroyed by Woohyun hyung.”

“Ehh?” I stared at him “You didn’t use this kind of things before!”

“I didn’t use it because I don’t bear to use it, and Woohyun hyung just destroyed my only and didn’t bear to use water bottle.”

“Then I will buy 10 of the same ‘your only and didn’t bear to use’ water bottles for you.”

“Shireo , I have the money to do that!”

“You!”

“So , Woohyun hyung owes Sungyeol , I wanna punish you to stay with me no matter what happens, you can’t leave until Sungyeol is happy.” Sungyeol said

I looked at him for a while “Sungyeol is so gentle.”

“Wha-what gentle , what is Woohyun hyung saying.” Sungyeol turned away to hide his blushed face

I said calmly “That is because Sungyeol can see that I am not happy, that’s why you are finding a reason to stay with me so that you can make me happy. You actually wanted to cheer me up right.”

“What are you talking about” Sungyeol’s face is totally red “Myung too, gentle here gentle there, it’s so annoying.”

I stood there and Sungyeol turned around feeling weird that I am not talking.

“Woohyun hyung” Sungyeol started slowly “you , do you like Myung that much?”

“Not only like,” I smiled “To me , Myung is the only one, is my everything. Other’s cannot replace him, they can all disappear , Sungyeol can’t understand what I am talking about right, but I don’t know how can I phrase it in a another way….”

“But , what if Myung disappeared?” Sungyeol’s voice is very calm “If Myung left , if Myung don’t love you , if he fell for other people—”

“Then I would—”

“Don’t tell me that you won’t have any meaning to staying alive anymore.” Sungyeol looked straight into my eyes “Is there really no point for you to live anymore? Except for Myung, is there really nothing that you would be reluctant to let go? Tried so hard to live, is it really , really only for Myung?”

I looked around “Where is the broken pieces of your bottle , I am going to throw it away and buy a new one for you.”

Sungyeol grabbed my hand “Answer me Woohyun hyung!”

I act like I heard nothing “Ah , it’s over there , I saw it.”

Sungyeol grabbed my hands and ran down the bed without wearing shoes and blocked the door with his hands “Answer me , please!”

I frowned “Sungyeol , wear your shoes, you will get a cold!”

Sungyeol blocked the door not intending to move “Can’t I be the one? Can’t Dongwoo be the one? Can’t the other hyung be the one? Your father and many other people , can’t they be the one? Can’t we be the reason for Woohyun hyung to continue living?”

I raised my voice “Sungyeol , wear your shoes!”

“Woohyun hyung answer me!”

“Sungyeol!”

My phone rang at this moment and I looked at Sungyeol before answering “Yeoboseyo”

“It’s me.” A gentle voice said

I was shocked “Myung!”

“Yep,” He said gently “I have something to tell you, I am at the park that we parted that time, I will be waiting here.”

“Myung, you—”

“Yes?”

“Not-nothing.” Don’t dare to ask , don’t dare to ask if he is really going to be engaged with Min Young. Afraid that Myung would give yes as the answer…

“All that you want to know , I will tell you when you come.” His gentle voice makes me feels calm.

“I ….. will come right away.”

“I will wait for you.” Kim Myungsoo hang up slowly

Keeping the phone , my voice is calmer “I am going to see Myung , go back to bed.”

“Shireo!” Sungyeol refused to “You said that you will stay with me until I am happy.”

“Sungyeol!” I frowned “Get back to bed! Your condition is finally stable, do you want to stay in the hospital longer?”

“Unless you promise me not to go , I will not go to bed!”

Sungyeol!”

“Ahh!” Sungyeol’s face turned pale suddenly turned pale and he held onto his chest before squatting down “Woohyun hyung, pain.”

“Your heart is aching again?” I am worried now and brought him back to bed “I already told you to wear your shoes!”

“Woohyun hyung” Sungyeol grabbed my hands “Don’t go.”

“Sungyeol , this may be my last chance.” I removed his hands from mine “I have a feeling that if I don’t go , I will lose Myung.”

“Give up on Myung! He,” Sungyeol hesitated for a moment but still continued “He is already engaged with Min Young!”

I froze for a moment “Even you know about this…. Then this must be real…”

“Yes” Sungyeol grabbed my hands tighter “Myung is engaged with Min Young, he betrayed you!”

“But , even if it is true , I won’t give up.” I said coldly “Unless Myung says that he doesn’t love me himself , or I will never give up!”

“That person, the person Woohyun hyung is going to meet is no longer the Myung from the past.” Sungyeol looked at me sadly “Even if he is different, you won’t give up? Do you really like this Myung?”

“What are you talking about!” I pull his hands away “Myung is like this, Sungyeol is also like this, saying what , the Myung now is different from the past. Myung is Myung how is it different!”

“Woohyun hyung…”

“I am going.”

“Woohyun hyung!” Sungyeol tried to stop me but he turned pale and almost fell from the bed

“Stop acting.” I said coldly “I know that your condition isn’t that serious.:

Sungyeol’s face turned even paler , if that is even possible. “I—”

“Your question.” I said slowly “Yes. If I lose Myung , I won’t have any meaning to live anymore.”

“Liar!” Sungyeol became very agitated “Why won’t you admit? Why won’t you admit that you have already fell for another person?”

I looked at him shocked “What are you saying?!”

“You like the other hyung!”

“Stop saying this!”

You like him , even more than you like Myung!”

“Shut up!”

“You have already forgotten Myung, you have already fell for another person, why can’t you believe in your heart?”

A loud sound of someone being slap echoed in the room.

Sungyeol and I stared at each other shocked , no one can believe that I actually slapped him.

Silence.

After a while, I turned coldly “I really have to go, Myung is waiting for me.”

“I like Woohyun hyung.” Sungyeol said sadly but tried to smile “ I like Woohyun hyung , I want to let Woohyun hyung live, but Woohyun hyung doesn’t want to.”

“But Sungyeol,” I said , not turning back “I , don’t like you, not even a bit.”

I opened the door and walked out leaving Sungyeol sitting on the bed.

 

On a road full of cherry blossoms, Woohyun is running towards a park. The scenery is so beautiful , with petals flying about.

“Why? Why can’t I go in?!” outside the park , I am arguing with the security

“It is not that I don’t allow you to go in, everyone is not allowed to go in.” The security said with a straight face “This park is bought by a rich company a few days ago.”

“Impossible! I have a date with someone here today here.” I said not believing what he had said.

“The person won’t be here.” The security said still with a straight face “This place is bought by the kim’s”

“Kim’s?” I froze. Why? Why will the kim’s buy this place? Is it because of Myung? Oh , right , Myung!

I fished out my phone and dialed Myung’s number.

Ring—Ring—

The phone is ringing with rhythm , my heart is beating faster, and I unconsciously held my breath.

Ring—Ring—

Sweat is forming in my hands , I grabbed my hands tighter.

Ring—Ring—

Pick up! Faster!

Ring—Ring—

Please , pick up, Myung , answer the phone.

Ring—The number you have dialed is not available , please try again later…

A voice of a girl saying that can be heard , at that moment , I felt so cold.

Those who promised…..Can’t they…. be trusted……