Chapter 31

You+Me=Love?! [Discontinued]

 

 


 

 

“Ming, I’m here.” Kyuhyun sang in a soft voice, slowly taking off his backpack and walking towards the bed-stand with a bouquet of freshly picked white lilies in his arms. 

 

His smile faltered at Sungmin’ expressionless pale complexion, but he forced himself to plaster a grin on his face as he removed the previous day’s flowers from the vase, and arranged the lilies.  

 

 

Kyuhyun had been following the same routine since the last two weeks. 

 

 

He would always make sure to bring flowers for the boy. As much as painful it was seeing Sungmin lying there- unresponsive and unconscious, Kyuhyun knew that his only hope for Sungmin to wake up from his comatose state was for him to be strong. 

 

 

The thought of seeing Sungmin, visiting him, spending time with the boy was the only thing that pushed him through his dark days. 

 

 

Kyuhyun drew out a chair and squeezed Sungmin’s hand between his palms, trying his best to get some warmth into them. “Sungmin-ah, you wouldn’t believe what happened in school this morning. “

 

 

“ Hyukjae was being pestered by some girl for a date and Donghae came into the room just when Hyuk was fumbling with his words. Min you should have been there, I swear I’ve never seen anyone so nervous before.” He chuckled. 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun lowered his head and blew over Sungmin’s cold fingers,” I miss you, Min. You have no idea just how much I miss you.”

 

He placed a warm kiss over Sungmin’s knuckles and said,” Noona and the baby are doing so well these days. Now now, before you give me that look of yours, Siwon and I are trying to get along. I said trying, okay?” 

 

 

 

“Somehow I feel he’s become our pillar of support for the last couple of weeks, hmm maybe I should be going easy on him like you said, huh Min?” Kyuhyun chuckled and rested his cheek onto Sungmin’s clothed tummy, keeping in mind not to touch the tubes that were across the sleeping boy’s body.

 

 

“Well the musical is so boring these days without you around.” Kyuhyun admitted. “Heechul-nim has someone else to play opposite me, Kim Ryeowook from the economics section. He has a pretty good voice and all but I wanted you to be there. With me.” 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun sighed and then lifted his head up, looking rueful at all the white bandages covering Sungmin’s stitches and wounds. 

 

He took Sungmin’s hand back into his palm and gave it a gentle squeeze,” I miss rehearsing with you. I miss talking to you. I miss your smile. And I can’t believe that I’m gonna say this- but I miss arguing with you too.“ He chuckled lightly.

 

 

 

 

“I miss that cute way your nose scrunches up and your eyes crinkles when you laugh.” Kyuhyun smiled at the memory and bought his fingers to remove the couple of strands on Sungmin’s forehead. 

 

 

The only sound that greeted him back was silence. And the steady beeping of the heart monitor. 

 

 

He traced his finger down Sungmin’s lean cheek, for the boy had lost considerable amount of weight over the past month. “I wish you would wake up. Yah! Are you having such a nice dream that you don’t wanna wake up?!” 

 

 

 

 

And then his voice cracked as his eyes filled in with tears, “I just miss you so much, Min.” 

 

 

“I’ve spent countless times just wondering that it should have been me in that car. I just can’t see you in so much pain, you know? If I could take your pain and bear it myself I would. ” Kyuhyun covered his face into his hands and sobbed softly.

 

 

 Unbeknownst to him, at that very moment- Sungmin’s finger twitched against the bed covers. 

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

“Donghae, do you think we should go and talk to Kyuhyun?” Hyukjae whispered seeing Kyuhyun sitting on the cafeteria table, picking his food seemingly lost to the world. 

 

“I’m just so worried about Sungminnie, Hae. It's been a month.  A month since he's been in coma.  And although Kyuhyun’s pretending he’s okay, he’s not. I know he’s not. ” Donghae mumbled worriedly. “I went to the hospital this morning before school and I found Kyuhyun sleeping beside Sungmin’s bed with dried tear tracks on his cheeks.”

 

 

 

 

Hyukjae slid his tray quietly and proceeded to sit on the cafeteria table,”Kyuhyun?”

 

 

Donghae exchanged worried looks with his boyfriend as Kyuhyun didn’t even respond to his own name. “Kyuhyun.” Donghae whispered and gently placed his arm over the boy.

 

 

 

He gasped as Kyuhyun jumped up from his seat and looked all around him in bewilderment. “Kyuhyun, its just us. Relax.” Hyukjae spoke calmly. 

 

 

“How are you holding up man?”

 

 

 

Kyuhyun clenched his fingers tightly into fists and said,” It should have been me in that car. I should have been the one in the hospital right now. Not Sungmin. He doesn’t deserve any of this. Its all my fault. If I just had- ”

 


”Stop that.” Donghae spoke sharply. “Do you think Min would be happy to hear you say all of those things? You would break his heart. None of this was supposed to happen. And Kyuhyun no matter how much you’re feeling bad about it this is not your fault, alright? ”

 

 

 

Kyuhyun opened his mouth in protest and Donghae said softly,”What we all need to do right now is hope. We need to be strong and hope that Sungmin will come back to us, soon.”

 

 

 

“You guys won’t understand. No one will ever understand.” Kyuhyun whispered, shoving away his tray of the untouched food and stood up. 

 

 

 

“Is it because you love him?” Hyukjae said making Kyuhyun stop dead in his tracks. 

 

 

“H-how did you-”

 

 

 

“We know because Sungmin called me three days before the accident saying that he felt conflicted about something.” Donghae spoke up. “He was troubled over what he felt for you, Kyuhyun. And I might not be one of the brightest people around here but I can tell for sure that he feels something for you.”

 

 

 

Kyuhyun felt speechless as Donghae continued confidently ,”So just hold on to that hope and keep your head up. Work hard over the musical, lets put on a show that we can greet Sungmin with when he comes back to us. He will come back, I believe in him. “

 

 

 

~*~*~

 

 

 

Another week later, there was no sign of any change in Sungmin’s condition. He was healing rapidly according to the doctor’s charts but the boy was still in the comatose state. 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun swung his sword savagely, growling as the metal clanked with another boy’s sword as the two sparred on the stage. As the last of the soldiers were defeated by Prince Kyuhyun. 

 

Heechul twisted the script book into his hand in anticipation as Kyuhyun delivered his lines perfectly and moved gracefully over the stage. 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun tipped his hat and bowed elegantly in front of the sleeping form of Ryeowook.” With this kiss of love, I shall awaken the beautiful sleeping princess. “ 

 

 

A flash of him walking towards Sungmin slowly, back when they had rehearsed came to his inner mind and Kyuhyun faltered. He took a deep breath and stepped closer towards to where Ryeowook was perfectly portraying the role of sleeping beauty. 

 

 

Sungmin’s cheeks adorned adorably with a blush. 

 

 

Kyuhyun’s steps quickened as he imagined Sungmin lying on the makeshift bed at the stage. He grew more confident seeing the figmental image of Sungmin, this was real- this was Sungmin. 

 

As he lowered his head slowly, Kyuhyun’s eyes widened as Sungmin’s illusive figure disappeared into thin air- to be replaced by a much smaller face of Ryeowook.

 

 

 

Donghae eyed his boyfriend in worry as the distress on Kyuhyun’s face became more and more apparent.

 

“I s-swear to my sword that w-will love this beautiful princess of the thorny forest for the r-rest of my life.” Kyuhyun muttered weakly. 

 

 

 

“I-- I can’t.” Kyuhyun gasped, “I can’t do this.” 

 

 

He threw away his hat across the stage and looked around only to meet up with bewildered eyes of the rest of the cast and crew.  “I’m sorry. ” Kyuhyun managed to mutter in a frail voice before taking off from the stage. 

 

 

 

Kyuhyun ran. 

 

 

Away from all the scrutinizing pairs of eyes, away from the people, away from everything. He ran. 

 

 

 

He came to a stop by the balcony and touched his face.  Tears were fast falling down his face with his cheeks getting soaked by the minute,”Sungmin-ah. S-sungmin-ah ” He fell down to his knees and clutched the railings of the veranda, sobbing brokenly by now.

 

A couple of minutes had ticked by when a warm hand settled over his trembling shoulders, squeezing the tense muscles making Kyuhyun raise his head... “N-noona?” Kyuhyun called out softy as Ahra bent to her knees and gently thumbed away her baby brother’s tears away. 

 

 

 

Ahra gently rocked Kyuhyun’s body to and fro and she said,” Kyubaby you wouldn’t want Sungminnie to see your face full of snots and tears when he sees you, would you?” 

 

 

“W-what?”

 

 

 

 

“Sungmin’s awake, Kyuhyun. ”

 

 


 

[A/N] 

After months and months of writer's block, I managed to write this. I swear I just wanted to delete it completely so many times but all the love and support I've got for this fic... I don't deserve such kind of support T^T 

I am eternally grateful to all my readers, for encouraging me, for not giving up on this fic. I am so thankful to you. I dedicate this chapter to you. I hope you will continue to read this fic and stay with me until the end <3

 

Do remember to leave me a comment. I shall be looking forward, hearing  from each and every one of you. Do upvote if you like reading this fic <3

 

--95anichan--