Chapter 6

You+Me=Love?! [Discontinued]

 

The atmosphere in the car was dripping with awkwardness. Having enough of the silence that haunted the car, Sungmin stretched his arm forward in an attempt to switch on the radio; hoping to relieve some tension. His almond-shaped eyes widened in surprise when he came in contact with Kyuhyun's warmth.
 
 
"Uhh sorry about that.." Kyuhyun mumbled awkwardly keeping his eyes straight on the road.
 
 
Sungmin just shook his head wordlessly feeling light headed. What the hell was wrong with him that day? He never had so many butterflies in his tummy before.
 
 
"D-does your arm still hurt..?" asked Kyuhyun slowly, racking his brains to figure out just how to make conversation.
 
"No..I can live with it.."
 
 
 
rumble rumble rumble...
 
 
 
Sungmin blushed deeply in mortification mentally scolding his tummy to be quiet. "Aigoo..Is our little Sungminnie hungry?" cooed Kyuhyun with a teasing grin over his lips.
 
"Shut up! I'm not.. That was the thund-der, " Sungmin finished lamely and sunk further down into the seat shyly.
 
 
 
 
 
"Really now..? " he looked at Sungmin in disbelief, stopping the car by a frozen yogurt parlour. "Stay here. I'll be right back." he instructed, leaving the key in the ignition.
 
 
 
After waiting for several minutes, Sungmin soon got bored. He decided to play games on his cellphone to while away the time...just as he was opening the game application, a beep echoed the car,signifying a new message.
 
 
From: Hae_Hae
 
Enjoying your little date, Minnie? I spied ahem happened to see your prince charming leading you to his car.. Don't do anything that will make our Mochi blush! 
 
 
 
 
Apologies.
 
Actually Sungmin's reply couldnt be posted here. It might be too explicit for anyone to read.
 
 
 
 
After pressing send, Sungmin settled back on his seat with in satisfaction, having used every obscene word in the dictionary in the message.
 
 
His cell phone beeped again.This time it was Hyukjae.
 
 
From: Hyuk
 
WTF what did you tell my Hae? Why is he crouching in the corner all shivering?
OMG He is not responding to me?!
 
 
With a smirk, Sungmin tossed the phone into his backpack; that should teach the eunhae couple not to mess around with him! A sudden grin etched over Sungmin's lips and he rubbed his two palms while chuckling evilly to himself.
 
 
Smiling at how adorable and cute Sungmin was, Kyuhyunentered the quaint looking cafe; mentally wanting to just squish the boy's cheeks.
 
 
The cafe owner was an old cheerful man... chuckling lightly at Kyuhyun's eyebrows scrunched in confusion he asked gently, " What can I get for you, young man?"
 
 
"Umm.. It's for a friend actually, but I don't know what flavor he would like.." Kyuhyun answered sheepishly, sounding torn about what to select in the huge selection of frozen yogurt.
 
 
 
"Just a friend? Are you sure about that?" teased the old man with a twinkle in his eyes. "He is just a friend! " Kyuhyun protested.
 
 
With small laugh the old man instructed," Close your eyes and think about that friend of yours. What is the first thing that pops up when you think of him?" 
 
 
With an unsure expression, Kyuhyun did as he was instructed. Sungmin's adorable face floated into his mind.
 
 
"Blueberries.." he muttered almost inaudibly.
 
 
"So blueberries it is ! " exclaimed the old man swirling out some yogurt in a dainty cup.
 
 
Just as Kyuhyun paid for the delicious treat, the old man commented with a gentle smile, "Trust your instincts, son and you'll never go wrong."
 
 
With a quick nod and a polite bow, Kyuhyun walked out of the cafe. He almost dropped the treat when there was no sign of his car at the spot. With a disheartened sigh Kyuhyun thought that Sungmin must have left him in the dust.
 
 
HONK!
 
 
He almost jumped out of his skin when he saw Sungmin grinning cheekily at him. Realization soon struck him, Sungmin just pranked him!
 
 
With long strides he opened the car door. He gently pushed the delicious treat into Sungmin's hand and muttered lowly, "This is for you."
 
 
"BLUEBERRIES?! UWWAA!!" exclaimed Sungmin almost drooling at the cup in his palm.
 
 
Kyuhyun stifled his laughter, mentally thanking the old man for his advice. Sungmin grinned brightly at the boy he was supposed to hate, momentarily forgetting.
 
 
With blue patches staining his his mouth mumbled between a mouthful of the yogurt, "So how much do I owe you for this...?"
 
 
"Whaat..??", he yelled indignantly when Kyuhyun gave him a look.
 
 
"It was a treat.. I don;t expect you to pay me back."Kyuhyun answered gently.
 
 
Surprisingly Sungmin gave in without a word and continued to devour the treat, giving low moans of appreciation.
 
 
 
Swallowing thickly, Kyuhyun stole a glance at the boy seating beside him. The way how Sungmin's pink tongue linked the excess cream from his lips and his satisfied moans were enough to make a certain boy go weak in the knees.
 
 
He was shaken out of his spell-bound state when the car suddenly swerved off the road, causing an unmanly squeal from the smaller boy.
 
 
 
"The hell Cho Kyuhyun! I don't want to die young because of your lame driving skills! You better pay attention to the road Mister." scolded Sungmin with blotches of yogurt smeared on his chubby cheeks.
 
 
Kyuhyun meekly nodded his head feeling his throat suddenly drying up ,making him unable to form words coherently.
 
 
He kept glancing at Sungmin throught the ride, observing little things about the boy; like the way his eyes lit up everytime they passed by the cherry blossom trees and his excitement on spotting a puppy on the sidewalk.
 
 
He shifted his eyes to the boy again hearing his soft whines over the now empty cup. After a few wrong turns and driving around in circles, Kyuhyun finally spotted Sungmin's neighbourhood.  
 
 
 
He decided to rip off the useless navigation system and throw the machine off a cliff as soon as Sungmin would leave. His image had been ruined by the damned thing ><
 
 
Kyuhyun stopped by the sidewalk when Sungmin yelled that they had arrived.  Sungmin got down the car with Kyuhyun right behind him.
 
 
"Umm... Thank you for today.." Sungmin mumbled awkwardly with his eyes locked to Kyuhyun's shoes.
 
 
Kyuhyun smiled gently at the flustered boy and leaned slightly towards him. "I had lot of fun today with you.." he commented.
 
 
"Kyuhyun..?"
 
 
 
"Hmm.."
 
 
"You aren't as bad as I thought you are.." Sungmin mumbled sheepishly, drawing aimless circles over the pavement with his shoes.
 
 
"Really..?" exclaimed Kyuhyun pretending to wipe away tears of joy.
 
 
"W-whaaa!"
 
 
Kyuhyun gently squeezed Sungmin's arm and smiled at him. "Goodnight, Sungmin. Sleep well!" he said ruffling the latter's hair teasingly.
 
Kyuhyun skipped out of Sungmin's reach while yelling,"Dream about me..!"
 
 
 
Sungmin softly smiled and said under his breath, "Stupid idiot.." He marched to the door of his house after Kyuhyun's car left the curb.
 
 
He opened the door to the house, thinking about his day with Kyuhyun... only to screech in surprise when he was greeted by Sungjin with his arms crossed, giving him a suggestive grin.
 
 
"Who was that Hyung?" he questioned innocently. 
 
 
Uh.. How will he deal with the brat now? He is never gonna get out of this one.
 
 
Brushing past his brother,. Sungmin raced upstairs flinging his body over his bed. "Today was..." he mumbled to himself, a sigh escaping his lips. 
 
 
 
 
 
Kyuhyun grinned dorkily on his way back home. He glanced at the empty seat beside him and sighed. His eyes suddenly fell on a small piece of paper with a money bill attached to it.
 
 
The contents of the note made him chuckle and shake his head in disbelief
 
 
 
You didn't really expect me accept your treat that easily right?
Don't pay for me! I don't like owing people money!
You better accept this or I shall come and kill you in your sleep! 
~Lee Sungmin :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
With a soft smile Kyuhyun thought cynically, 'Finally I have met a person who doesn't care about my money or fame. Maybe just maybe...'
 
 
He gingerly placed the note into his wallet.It was his first note from Sungmin. Of course it would be very precious to him.
 
 
Kyuhyun was going to treasure the note and preserve it for  years  to come....
 

Edited: 09/03/2014