Chapter 26

You+Me=Love?! [Discontinued]

 


 

Chapter 25~

 

 

Just how in the world am I supposed to portray as the Sleeping Beauty?

Sungmin whined while clutching the straps of his backpack. It was early morning and he was walking to the college for rehearsing the script with Kyuhyun.

 



He hit a stone with his foot gently, sending it scuttling down the road.


Would be able to perform well? He certainly did not want to make a fool out of himself when Kyuhy- so many people will be watching him. It would be so embarrassing to have the entire college laughing at him. Not cool.



Sungmin sighed softly as he passed by a cherry blossom tree. He smiled serenely as the pink petals of the fragrant flower showered down his form gently. With his nose scrunched up cutely, he took in a deep whiff of the cherry blossom scent and giggled.


 


He jumped up in surprise as a car honk caught him unaware.


“K-kyuhyun-ah!” He gasped.





Kyuhyun had been driving himself to their college that morning. He had jumped out of bed at the first ring of his alarm. He had to see and kis- talk to a certain someone after all.


As he drove up the lane, his eyes fell on a gorgeous figure underneath a cherry blossom tree. Isnt that Sungmin?


 


Just like an angel.

 



“Come on,Sungmin. What are you waiting for?” He murmured softly trying to ignore the quickened beats of his heart.



“I can-walk.” Sungmin hesitated while swallowing slightly.


Kyuhyun brushed him off, ” No way. Get in.”



Sungmin timidly slid into the passenger seat clutched his backpack close to his chest.



Kyuhyun reached up for the radio and pushed the switch-on button.

 

 



He flushed brightly as his voice echoed the interiors of the car, of course. The radio station just had to play his song.

It was a ballad about unrequited love and the lyrics were pretty depressing to be honest.



Kyuhyun stuttered,”I’m sorry for that. You dont like my voice,right. I shall switch it off.”



Sungmin’s eyes widened in surprise and he mumbled abruptly,”NO!”


“I m-mean. I dont hate your voice. You sing well.” Sungmin exclaimed hastily.





Okay. Wow, Didnt Sungmin used to dislike Kyuhyun’s voice..What had changed?


“Thank you.” Kyuhyun answered softly while glancing at the smaller male fidgeting next to him.




Silence.


“So you’ve learnt the script?” Kyuhyun asked while maneuvering the car into the parking space.



Sungmin hesitated before nodding,”I suppose so.. But I’m extremely nervous about portraying the character,Kyuhyun.”

 




Kyuhyun smiled softly before reaching for Sungmin’s hand,” I shall help you with it. Dont you worry,Sungmin.”


 


He brushed the pad of his thumb against Sungmin’s knuckles comfortingly before tugging him forwards towards the entrance of the college.


Sungmin tried his hardest to bring back his crimson face in control as Kyuhyun proceeded to intertwine their fingers while walking forwards.



After putting away their notebooks and the backpack into the locker, Kyuhyun spoke up,”It’s pleasant today, wanna practice outside?”



Sungmin simply settled for a small nod of his head and slammed shut the door of the locker,”Sure.”



Kyuhyun hesitated,”Let’s go?”

 


~~~


After choosing a spot underneath a large tree, so that they could be in solance. Kyuhyun and Sungmin opened the scriptbooks of the play.

 

Kyuhyun encouraged with a small grin on his face,"Are you ready, Min?"

 

 

"Y-yeah.." Sungmin admitted nervously.

Kyuhyun remarked softly while gazing at the smaller boy,"Let's start..?"

 

"Okay."

 

 

 

Sungmin swallowed embarrassedly before remarking,”M-my! I wonder what this is!”


Kyuhyun muttered with his eyes glued to the script book,”And then, you approach the spinner.”

 




Sungmin wobbled forwards awkwardly towards a bush while clutching the rolled up script in his palm.


Kyuhyun read out,”And now you touch it.”


 



Sungmin put forward his finger and touched the edge of a leaf and then gasped.

He swayed on his feet shakily before falling down on to the soft grass, with his back hitting the ground softly.


 



Kyuhyun crouched down next to Sungmin who had his eyes clenched together as the smaller male pretended to have been affected by the needle of the spinning wheel.



Kyuhyun exclaimed,”Sungmin, you’re doing great! You already memorised all the lines!”


Sungmin turned his head to the other side, away from Kyuhyun’s crouching form and mumbled,”That’s because the princess doesnt have too many lines.”





Kyuhyun flipped through the pages of the script,”So then we shall skip the part when the fairies come out.”


He crawled near Sungmin and closed the script book with his heart beating steadily.

“Oh, what a beautiful princess!”

 



Sungmin’s eyes twitched.



“With my kiss, if she is to be awoken.” Kyuhyun recited his lines perfectly.


He raised the rolled up script book into the sky,”I swear to this sword.”

 

 



Sungmin clasped both of his palms tightly and placed it on his chest, cause everyone knows whats gonna come next.


“I will love this beautiful princess of the thorny forest for the rest of my life.”

 




Kyuhyun looked into Sungmin’s eyes softly and murmured,”And now, the kiss.”



Sungmin swallowed nervously seeing Kyuhyun bending down towards his face slowly.


Oh my.



Were they gonna...?



Kyuhyun his lips nervously while lowering towards Sungmin, going excruciatingly slow.


Sungmin looked through his eyelashes and gulped as Kyuhyun kept coming closer and closer towards himself.

 

 

It’s alright, Sungmin. It’s all for the play, right?
 

 



He could feel Kyuhyun’s warm breath on his flushed cheeks. With his heart beating violently against his ribcage, Sungmin closed his eyes tightly while clutching the script with a deathgrip.


Kyuhyun ran his thumb across Sungmin’s cheek, applying gentle feather touch pressure on the baby soft smoothness before leaning down to close the gap between their lips.

 




The breeze blew through the grass and the leaves of the trees crinkled against the gentle wind.

Just as Kyuhyun was about to capture Sungmin’s soft lips, a few rain drops fell onto his face. Kyuhyun cursed under his breath as the rain drops increased in number.

 



Sungmin opened one of his eyes in confusion. Wasnt Kyuhyun about to kiss him? Then why couldnt he feel anything on his lips.



Oh. what was the sudden drop of water on his face?
 

 



He stared at Kyuhyun who apparently had his eyes glued to to the sky.


Kyuhyun muttered shakily,”We should go inside.”

 

 



The rain fell down fast, the sky cluttered with dark clouds and the temperature falling gradually.

Kyuhyun pulled a still-dazed Sungmin to his feet and they proceeded to run towards the building for shelter.
    

 


As he brought out a towel from his locker and placed it on Sungmin’s head, who seemed to have fallen silent and was still dazed, Kyuhyun couldnt help but sigh.



So close but...even nature had to take it's turn to interrupt him.








 



(A/N)

Okay so that marks last of the filler chapter. Now the plotline is gonna become slightly more intense and dramatic :))
 

Hoping to hear from everyone in the comments~^^

I shall try to update this again before going on my 3 week hiatus~ :3

 

 

~95anichan <3

 

Ps: A vote up if you like reading You+Me=Love?! would make me really happy~ :3 Thankyu >w<