Chapter 13

You+Me=Love?! [Discontinued]

 

Sungmin answered  the phone hesitantly,"Hello?"   
 
 
"Who are you?" asked Kyuhyun's Umma suspiciously.
 
 
 
 
"Lee Sungmin, Maam. I'm Kyuhyun's friend." he spoke nervously. 
 
 
 
"Okay, Sungmin, Can I speak to my son?" she asked with much more warmth in her voice than before.
 
 
"Umm... Kyuhyun is in the bathroom.." Sungmin answered hesitantly.
 
 
 
 
"Oh.... Is he fine? I've been trying to reach him the entire day! I was so worried. He had to move out of the house during this time...", she rambled away with her voice laced in anxiety.
 
"Kyuhyun had a bit of fever,Maam..." Sungmin spoke cautiously into the phone.
 
 
 
 
"MWO?! MY POOR BABY!" she cried.
 
 
"Its nothing to be worried about, his fever has decreased considerably. Umma and I are taking good care of him." he replied hastily.
 
 
 
 
 
"So Kyuhyun is at your place, you say?" she asked curiously.
 
 
"Yes Maam..." 
 
 
 
 
 
"Oh Thank God! My Kyuhyunnie is in good hands" she breathed out in relief.
 
 
 
 
 
"Eh....? Of course." Sungmin replied brightly.
 
 
"So...Sungmin is it..?"
 
 
 
 
 
"Ne...."
 
 
 
"Can I have a word with your Umma?" she asked warmly.
 
 
 
"Yes of course! Wait a moment please~" he replied cheerfully.
 
 
"You seem like a nice boy,Sungmin-ah! Thank you for taking care of my son" Kyuhyun's Umma said gratefully.
 
 
"Its nothing Maam! Kyuhyun is a brat sometimes but he is a really sweet person.." Sungmin said earnestly.
 
 
 
 
"I'm so glad that Kyuhyunnie has someone like you! That boy is so lonely, I tell you! He doesn't have many friends due to his schedule. So I'm really happy that he has you now." she giggled gleefully.
 
 
 
Sungmin blushed lightly and stuttered," Thank you Maam.."
 
 
"Sungmin-ah! Don't be so formal, eh? Call me Umma" she said brightly to her son's first close friend.
 
 
 
"Ne, U-umma... I'll be handing over the phone to my mother now." he said hesitantly.
 
 
Leaving Kyuhyun's phone into his Umma's hands, Sungmin marched back to his room, chuckling lightly at his Umma's facial expressions. Umma and Kyuhyun's Umma seemed to chatter like long lost friends. He was glad that their mothers got along just fine.  Just as he enterd his room his eyes widened seeing Kyuhyun clutching the bathroom door handle as though his life depended on it. Within a few steps, Sungmin reached the sick boy and gently supported Kyuhyun by the waist, leading him back to the bed.
 
 
 
As Kyuhyun settled into the pillows, he held Sungmin's gaze and they just looked at each other, with no words being spoken.  Their eye contact broke when the door opened again and Lee Umma waltzed inside.
 
 
 
 
Clearing his throat, Sungmin looked at Umma curiously,speculating about her phone conversation.
 
 
 
"Kyuhyun..?"she spoke gently.
 
 
 
" Ne, Lee Umma?"
 
 
 
"I just spoke to your mother, Kyuhyun-ah... She said that its difficult for her to come all the way here....She has very important business meetings to attend. So Kyuhyun-ah, you have to  stay with us for a couple of days..."
 
 
As Kyuhyun started protesting, she continued quickly," I wouldn't mind having you here at all! Your mom warned me that you will react like this. You're just like Sungminnie and Sungjinnie to me so dont worry about staying here." 
 
 
 
 
"Umma is right, Kyuhyun. We would love to have you with us." added Sungmin in helpfully.
 
 
 
Looking at Kyuhyun's hesitant look, Umma explained further," Its just for few days until you feel better. Your Umma says that your Noona will be coming to Seoul soon.."
 
 
 
Kyuhyun's eyes widened in disbelief. He asked excitedly," Ahra Noona is coming here?!"
 
 
 
"Ne...Sungminnie why can't you and Sungjin be like this? Look how delighted Kyuhyun is hearing about his Noona!" Umma scolded slapping Sungmin's head lightly.
 
 
 
Sungmin squinted his eyes into a glare and replied," Its not my fault that Sungjin is a primitive monkey boy! Umma are you sure that he is ours? He behaves like an escaped rabid animal!" 
 
 
 
"Yah! Lee Sungmin!" 
 
 
 
 
"Alright alright... Sungjin is my angel little brother and I should protect him." muttered Sungmin robotically,with no expressions on his face.
 
 
 
 
Kyuhyun chuckled lightly looking at the playful exchange between Sungmin and Umma.
 
 
'Ahra Noona is coming soon!', he thought excitedly.
 
 
 
It had been almost a year since she left- sure they video chatted and exchanged e-mails but it wasn't the same. Kyuhyun missed Ahra like crazy and he was delighted at the turn of events. The world seemed bright again! 
 
 
 
'But Noona is pregnant...Wasnt it 8 months already? It would be difficult for Noona to travel at this stage. I hope she is well.' he thought worriedly.
 
 
 
Cutting his train of thoughts, Umma asked " Kyuhyun-ah dinner is ready... Do you want me to bring it up here or would you prefer eating at the table downstairs?"   Kyuhyun not wanting Lee Umma to take trouble of carrying trays upstairs, replied hastily," Lets eat at the table, Lee Umma...."
 
 
 
Smiling brightly at Kyuhyun, Lee Umma got up leaving the two boys alone again. Clearing his throat Sungmin said softly while outstretching his arm towards Kyuhyun," Shall we~?"
 
 
 
Nodding his head slightly, Kyuhyun put his hand into Sungmin's entertwining their fingers. He ignored the butterflies in his tummy. Pulling Kyuhyun to his feet, Sungmin wrapped his free arm around the sick boy's waist and they walked slowly out of the door.  Sungmin's grip tightened when they encountered Sungjin at the stairs. Glaring at each other Sungjin brushed past them murmuring under his breath, " Stupid Hyung."
 
 
 
 
"Yah! What did you call me?!" yelled Sungmin.
 
 
 
"Eh? I didnt say anything." shrugged the maknae looking around innocently.
 
 
 
 
"You should get your ears checked Hyung!" Sungjin answered cheekily before galloping down the stairs.
 
 
 
"You heard him, didn' t you?Kyuhyun?" asked Sungmin angrily. Looking at Sungmin's blazing eyes, Kyuhyun gulped. 
 
 
 
"YAH! MINNIE WHY ARE YOU STILL STANDING THERE! " Umma yelled exasperately,saving Kyuhyun from anwering Sungmin's question.
 
 
 
Breathing a sigh of relief, Kyuhyun replied," Lets just go, Min. We don't want Umma to get mad now, do we?"
 
 
"Fine.", said Sungmin sullenly.
 
 
With that they walked downstairs slowly. Kyuhyun was glad for Sungmin's support. His legs were so wobbly that evening ><
 
They reached the dining area in silence. Sungmin plopped down the chair across Kyuhyun and cradled his face into his hands.
 
 
 
 
 
Lee Umma soon waltzed into the room carrying  dumplings, kimchi and rice. Sungjin with a sullen look on his face placed the plates on the table with a loud thud. Umma promptly slapped his shoulder,"Show some respect, you mannerless creature!" 
 
 
 
Sungjin simply shrugged his shoulder," I have manners. I just don't like to use them."
 
 
 
"Insolent monkey." scoffed Sungmin rolling his eyes.
 
 
 
Sungjin kicked his elder brother's shin viciously before running to the seat beside Kyuhyun. "Ouch! Are you crazy?!" yelled Sungmin glaring at his monkey brother.  He stood up in a hurry only to be pushed back into his seat by Umma.
 
 
"You fight over the table, no dinner for you!", she threatened.
 
 
 
 
Glancing at the delicious spread over the table, Sungmin swallowed his annoyance and grumbled,"I swear, Hyukjae and you must be long lost relatives to the ape family..One is a ert monkey and the other has lost his sanity"
 
 
 
Kyuhyun giggled looking at the heated gazes between the two siblings. Sungmin scrunched his eyebrows and asked irritably," What are you laughing at?!"
 
 
 
Looking at Kyuhyun's panicked state, he hastened,"I was just messing with you, don't be so alarmed."
 
 
 
 
Kyuhyun's tense shoulders relaxed at Sungmin's words. The last thing he needed was getting Sungmin annoyed at him too. Especially after the latter had been so kind to him.
 
 
 
Everything that Lee Umma had cooked was simply scrumptious. Kyuhyun happily ate the dumplings, savouring its richness.  He looked up and saw Sungmin lost to the world, gobbling up every morsel of food on his plate.
 
 
 
 
Sungmin reminded Kyuhyun of something...
 
 
 
But what was it?
 
 
 
 
"Piggy Bunny..!" he murmured to himself looking at the rice grain stuck on Sungmin's cheek.
 
 
 
 
 
He stared at Sungmin until the later finally looked up. Shaken out of his day-dreaming, Kyuhyun's eyes widened and he resumed eating, avoiding Sungmin's eyes. After a while when he felt he couldn't eat even a grain of rice, he put down his chopsticks and spoon and settled back into his seat. Now that he had eaten, Kyuhyun felt very drowzy. He yawned lightly and kept swaying in his seat.
 
 
 
 
He had almost fallen asleep when Lee Umma spoke gently," Kyuhyunah,have you finished eating?"
 
 
When she received a nod as response she continued," You ate so little! No wonder you are so lanky. I need to make sure that you eat well while you are with us,okay?" 
 
 
 
 
Sungjin spoke out," Umma, don't start bullying Kyuhyun Hyung too !"
 
 
 
"You wanna me to spank you again?!" threatened Lee Umma.
 
 
 
He just laughed awkwardly knowing that Umma was very much capable of carrying out the threat.
 
 
 
Kyuhyun just nodded again with his eyes closing. "Aigoo.. our Kyuhyunnie has almost fallen asleep!" exclaimed Umma looking at Kyuhyun's sleepy state.
 
 
 
 
She hurried to the cabinet and brought out few tablets and a glass of water. After swallowing the pills he stood up and Lee Umma helped him upstairs since the two brothers were still occupied with pigging over the food.
 
 
 
Lee Umma led Kyuhyun to the pink bed and gently tucked him in. Pressing a kiss to Kyuhyun's forehead, she tenderly whispered," Sleep Well Kyuhyun-ah."
 
 
 
 
With that she switched off the lights and gently closed the door leaving Kyuhyun to snuggle to the teddy bear and fall into a deep slumber.
 
 
...
 
 
 
After watching television for about three hours, Sungmin went upstairs,rubbing his eyes drowzily, to collect his pillow and blanket. He would sleep on the couch that night. As he entered the room, Sungmin's eyes widened on glancing at Kyuhyun's sleeping form. The boy was drenched in cold sweat, he was mumbling coherently and was moving about the bed restlessly.
 
 
 
Kyuhyun's eyebrows were scrunched together and he mumbled in this sleep," N-noona! A-ahra N-noona NO!" 
 
 
 
It seemed as though the poor boy was having a nightmare.
 

 

 
 
Edited; 25/04/2014