Chapter 14

You+Me=Love?! [Discontinued]

 

Sungmin hovered over Kyuhyun's trembling form and gently shook the squirming boy," Kyuhyun! Its just a dream."
 
 
 
His eyebrows furrowed when Kyuhyun started struggling against Sungmin. He spoke out frantically when he noticed tears pouring down Kyuhyun's flushed cheeks, "Come on Kyu! You need to wake up." 
 
 
"N-noona..." the sleeping boy whimpered in despair.
 
 
Sungmin shook Kyuhyun with more force this time," Kyu! You're scaring me! Its just a dream. Its not real!" 
 
 
Kyuhyun opened his eyes slowly, trying to focus on Sungmin's form over him. He whimpered loudly and tackled Sungmin into a hug. Sungmin kept patting Kyuhyun's back, craddling the sobbing boy in his arms, rocking to and fro to comfort Kyuhyun.
 
 
 
He kept whispering comforting words into Kyuhyun's ears, slightly alarmed at the turn of events.He ran his hand through Kyuhyun's brown curls in an attempt to calm him down. Sungmin grabbed the glass of water at the bedside and gently made Kyuhyun drink some water. Water always helps to calm down.
 
 
 
Kyuhyun's sobs now turned into sniffles and occasional hiccups. After a good ten minutes of hugging Sungmin tightly, Kyuhyun separated and looked into the former's eyes. Sungmin gently whispered looking at Kyuhyun's teary eyes," Do you wanna talk about it?"
 
 
 
Kyuhyun snuggled into Sungmin's chest and nodded slightly. Sungmin patted his head lovingly, trying to coax Kyuhyun to speak. He strained his ears when Kyuhyun mumbled something against the fabric of his shirt.
 
 
 
Sungmin spoke gently, "I can't hear you, Kyu." 
 
 
 
Kyuhyun raised his head slightly and whimpered,"N-noona... Blood everywhere..."
 
 
 
Sungmin squeezed Kyuhyun's ice-cold hand comfortingly asking him to continue. "Noona was hurt...S-she kept crying for h-help but I couldn't m-move... The floor w-was covered in b-blood and a-and....."
 
 
 
"Its just a dream, Kyu.. A bad dream, that's all. Don't cry anymore.." said Sungmin gently hugging the boy's trembling form close.
 
 
 
"B-but it looked so r-real...She was in s-so  much p-pain and I couldn't do a-anything- I felt so helpless.."
 
 
 
"Hush Kyu...." whispered Sungmin gently running his fingers over Kyuhyun's arms in a motion to comfort him.
 
 
 
"M-min....?" Kyuhyun feebly called out.
 
 
 
Sungmin hummed slightly in response not stopping his administrations over Kyuhyun's arm. Grasping Sungmin's shirt tightly, he whimpered," W-what if Ahra Noona is really h-hurt and needs m-my help....?"
 
 
 
"I'm sure she's okay Kyu...But if you want we can call her now.." asked Sungmin hesitantly. "You wanna speak to her, Kyu? Would you like that?" 
 
 
 
 
When Kyuhyun nodded slightly, Sungmin grabbed the cellphone and searched for Ahra Noona's contacts. She currently resided in the U.S so it was okay to call her dead night since it would be midday for her there. Pressing the call button, Sungmin separated Kyuhyun from him slightly who whimpered at the loss of warmth. Handing over the cellphone, Sungmin urgued Kyuhyun to clutch it.
 
 
 
 
"N-noona...?" Kyuhyun spoke hesitantly.
 
 
 
Ahra's chirpy voice soon came through the phone," Hello, Kyubaby! What's up?"
 
 
 
Relief washed through Kyuhyun's features as he heard his elder sister's voice full of mirth. "How are you Noona?..Are you keeping well? " Kyuhyun asked slowly looking more relaxed then before.
 
 
 
 
Leaving Kyuhyun to talk to his sister, Sungmin gently pried away Kyuhyun's fingers from his shirt mouthing," I'll be back."
 
 
 
 
 
Kyuhyun let go of Sungmin hesitantly not wanting his Bunny to leave just yet. He nodded slightly when Sungmin smiled warmly at him. After squeezing Kyuhyun's hand and ruffling the boy's hair, Sungmin got down from the bed and softly slipped out of the room.
 
 
 
 
 
He cautiously tiptoed to the kitchen not wanting to disturb Umma who had a long day. He switched on the lights and walked towards the refrigerator grabbing the can of milk and jar of honey. He poured the milk into a vessel and switched on the stove.
 
 
 
He allowed the milk to simmer for a couple of minutes and then shut off the stove. Sungmin poured it carefully into a tall glass and added two spoonfulls of honey. He mixed it gently and allowed it to rest so the milk could get flavorised.
 
 
 
Meanwhile, he washed an apple carefully, remembering that it was Kyuhyun's favorite fruit. Sungmin hummed softly to himself while peeling away the apple skin. He cut the apple into thin easy-to-eat slices and placed them delicately on a plate. He placed the plate of apple slices, the honey milk and a fork on a tray and shut off the lights in the kitchen.
 
 
 
 
With nothing other than the moonlight guiding him,Sungmin stumbled upstairs. After almost loosing his footing twice he safely reached his room. He gently bumped the door with his hip and entered the room. Kyuhyun seemed to be full of mirth, his previous vulnerability all gone.
 
 
 
Sungmin smiled softly to himself looking at Kyuhyun's sparkling eyes. He placed the tray gingerly on the bed and sat close to Kyuhyun who immediately clinged onto him again. "Well Kyubaby! We shall arrive at Seoul in three days from now. Be sure to pick us up from the airport ne?"came Ahra's voice through the phone.
 
 
 
 
Kyuhyun whined," Noona, Must he be there too?" 
 
 
 
 
Ahra sighed," Don't be ridiculous Kyubaby! Siwon will obviously be there too. I can't understand why you refuse to get along with my husband, Kyu!" 
 
 
 
Kyuhyun grumbled," I don't trust that horse Noona! Can't you just leave him there?!" 
 
 
 
Ahra chuckled merrily," You and your sister complex!"
 
 
 
 
"Noona~" he whined. Sungmin was taken aback at Kyuhyun's unexpected cuteness. He smiled in amusement at Kyuhyun's protective side.
 
 
 
 
 
"Alright alright! I won't tease you anymore. You should rest now Kyubaby! Umma was saying that you had fever?"
 
 
"I did, but I feel much better now so don't worry about me.." assured Kyuhyun.
 
 
 
 
"Take care Kyubaby! Sleep well.... I love you" she cooed through the phone.
 
 
 
"More than that horse?" asked Kyuhyun hopefully.
 
 
 
"Kyuhyun! 'Im not answering that" she laughed at her little brother's overprotective side.
 
 
Kyuhyun sighed audibally and bade farewell to Ahra before keeping the phone. He turned to Sungmin and stared at him expectantly. Pushing the plate of apple slices into Kyuhyun's arms, Sungmin spoke shyly," I remembered that it's your favorite fruit.."
 
 
 
 
 
Kyuhyun grinned dorkily accepting the plate," Thanks Min!"  Sungmin sat still beside Kyuhyun who was happily munching on the slices. The only sound in the room was the sound of apples being crunched.
 
 
 
 
"Are you feeling better now?" asked Sungmin quitely. "Yeah.. I'm sorry for being such a bother. I seem to be always causing you trouble." Kyuhyun replied looking crest-fallen.
 
 
 
Sungmin felt his heart clench seeing Kyuhyun's downcast eyes and miserable face."Yah! Cho Kyuhyun! Why are you being like that?" he scolded.
 
 
Sungmin placed both of his hands on Kyuhyun's cheeks, cupping them," You are not troubling me, okay? "
 
 
 
Kyuhyun simply nodded slightly, with a light blush adorning his face. "Are you having fever again?" Sungmin asked worridely removing his hands from Kyuhyun's face and placing them over his forehead instead.
 
 
 
"Why do you look so red Kyu?" he asked cluelessly.
 
 
"Kyu..?" Kyuhyun asked causing the other boy to widen his eyes in mortification.
 
 
 
"Eh? A-about that.." laughed Sungmin awkwardly scratching his head. 
 
 
 
 
 
"I'm sorry- " he offered hesitantly.
 
 
 
"NO! I m-mean I like it... Min,"  mumbled Kyuhyun.
 
 
The air around them suddenly became awkward and thick causing both the boys to fidget. Sungmin snapped his fingers grabbing Kyuhyun's attention who looked at the smaller boy curiously.  "I made you some honey milk. It has soothing powers ya know... It'll help you relax!" he spoke while reaching for the tall glass by the bedside.Sungmin placed the glass into Kyuhyun's hand, making their fingers brush against each other.
 
 
 
Ignoring the spark that rushed through him, Kyuhyun clasped the glass tightly and within a gulp drank the sweet drink. Wiping his lips with the back of his hand, Kyuhyun stared at Sungmin expectedly,his eyes sparkling. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?!"asked Sungmin suspiciously.
 
 
 
"Like what?"
 
 
 
"Like that!! The creepy eye thing!"
 
 
 
"What are you talking about Min?" replied Kyuhyun feeling confused.
 
 
 
"Aishh.. Forget it!" came the defeated answer.
 
 
 
"You should sleep.. Its almost 3 in the morning..." said  Sungmin while collecting his pillow and blanket from the bed.
 
 
 
"You're leaving?!", squeaked Kyuhyun.
 
 
"Yeah...I'll sleep on the couch.." Sungmin replied while getting off the bed.
 
 
 
He hesitated before saying,"Sleep Well Kyuhyun."
 
 
 
With that Sungmin crept out of the room quickly without giving the latter a chance to speak. After the door closed, Kyuhyun mumbled softly," Don't go Bunny...."
 
 
He sighed looking at the teddy bear by his pillow. Kyuhyun clutched the bear which was grinning cheesily at him. He frowned,"I guess its just you and me tonight Mr.Bear...."  He sank back into the pillows and soon fell into a state of dreamless sleep, cuddling to Mr.Bear.
 
 
 
 
Sungmin tiptoed cautiously downstairs feeling slightly guilty for leaving Kyuhyun like that. 'Well its not like he wanted me to stay anyways,right?' he shrugged.
 
 
 
He accidently banged his foot against the coffee table. Swallowing curses and screams he jumped on one foot before sinking on the couch. Sungmin stood up in a hurry when he felt something poking his painfully. He growled looking at the action figure on the couch,"Sungjin!" 
 
 
 
He threw the action figure across the room and settled into the couch, trying to find a comfortable spot while rubbing his sore .
 
 
 
This was going to be a long night...
 
 
'I should have just shared the bed with Kyuhyun' Sungmin thought while tossing and turning in the small confined space.
 

 

 
 
 
Edited: 25/03/2014