Chapter 27

You+Me=Love?! [Discontinued]

 

 

(A/N) The past three chapters I received less response than the usual, I didn't mind cause they were filler chapters after all~^^ But this one isn't so I would love if you'd comment and share your response on this chapter~ :3

 

 


Chapter 27:

 

 

 

“Sungmin hyung.” Sungjin cried out painfully.


Sungmin seemed to be shaken out of his thoughts and he glanced at his younger brother in surprise,”Sungjin,what?”





“Where is Umma, hyung?” Sungjin whined.


“Umma has gone to the supermarket, Jin. Tell me what’s the matter?” Sungmin asked worriedly.



Although it seemed they did not get along well, Sungmin and Sungjin actually shared a very affectionate relationship. Teasing, smacking and annoying each other but when one is in pain or in trouble, the other will always have their back.


Sungjin pressed his fingers on to his forehead and mumbled,”You know it was raining today, right?”





“Yeah.”


Of course he would know it was raining! If it werent for the untimely shower of raindrops, Kyuhyun would have.. He would have, kissed him.




Sungjin whined as his elder brother seemed to gaze in a distance, with a faraway look in his eyes.


“Hyung you’re not listening!” Sungjin protested.


Sungmin snapped his eyes to Sungjin and assured,“Alright alright, tell me.”






“So it was raining, right.”


Sungmin deadpanned,”I thought we established that already.”





Sungjin yelled,”Listen to me!”


Sungmin narrowed his eyes as Sungjin seemed to cringe slightly as the younger sibling was still massaging his own forehead.





“Sungjin, are you hurt?”



“Hyung, I ran into a tree on my way back home.” Sungjin explained timidly.





Sungmin’s eyes widened and a look of glee spread across his face,”A tree?! Oh Jin, I knew you were clumsy but seriously, a tree? How the hell did you do that?”


Sungjin plopped onto bed beside Sungmin and mumbled hesitatingly,”I had my umbrella in front of me and I couldn't see the tree in front, so I banged my head against it.”







“Ouch!” Sungmin remarked amusedly.




“Hyung~ This is not the time to tease me!” Sunjin puffed up his cheeks and pouted.


“I could get a concussion and die.”







Sungmin chewed on his bottom lip as he debated what was the right thing to do.


”Sungjin lay down onto the pillow.” Sungmin instructed.





Sungjin immediately protested,“But hyung, this is your bed!”


“Listen to your elder brother you brat, and lay down now.” Sungmin barked.







Sungjin nodded meekly and proceeded to rest his body onto Sungmin’s bed.


Sungmin stood up from his bed and spoke while planting his feet onto the cold wooden floor,”I shall bring some tea for you. Try to relax and don't even dare about opening your phone. It’ll only strain your eyes.”





Sungjin handed his cell phone to Sungmin’s outstretched arm meekly and cuddled into the warm sheets and mumbled softly,”Hurry up, Sungmin hyung.”


Sungmin smiled fondly at Sungjin and answered gently,”Rest well, Sungjin-ah.”







“Sungmin hyung, can I ask you a question?” Sungjin murmured while taking a sip of the warm green tea that Sungmin had brewed for him.


“Sure, Jin.” Sungmin replied while stacking his notebooks from his backpack onto his desk.






“What do you think of Kyuhyun-hyung?”



Sungmin freezed, he swallowed slightly before stammering,”What do you mean? Kyuhyun is a good friend.”



Sungjin put down the mug of green tea and looked at his brother seriously,”Hyung, you very well know what I mean.”






Sungmin stood up hastily and mumbled,”Just drink the tea, Sungjin.”


Just as he was about to rush out of the room, Sungmin stopped on hearing Sungjin’s words,”He likes you, you know?”





Sungmin turned his head so fast he could have got a whipslash,”What did you say?”



Sungjin looked into his brothers eyes seriously,”Kyuhyun hyung likes you.”






Sungmin flushed slightly before protesting,”Did you hit your head too hard, Sungjin? You have no clue what you’re talking about.”




“Hyung please, I’ve seen the way he looks at you. It’s just how Appa looks at Umma. Kyuhyun hyung likes you.” Sungjin remarked while reaching for the mug of green tea again.





“But b-but.”


“What do you think of Kyuhyun, hyung?” Sungjin asked softly.






“He’s caring, adorable, kind and I-” Sungmin faltered.


“Now hyung, go away. I want to sleep.” Sungjin remarked with a knowing glint in his eyes while gulping down the remaining of the tea and cuddling into the blankets.






Sungmin stumbled out of the room without a word.


Did Kyuhyun really like him?

Why does that thought make his heart beat so rapidly? Did he too like-



Sungmin shook his head to remove all the words that seemed to be flowing in his mind.

He should be thinking about such things. Sungjin did hit his head pretty hard, so the boy simply must have been delirious, right?



~~~





“Sungjin-ah, how are you feeling now dear?” Their Umma whispered gently while her youngest son’s hair tenderly.



“I feel fine Umma.” Sungjin murmured lightly.





“Sungmin hyung had been talking care of me the entire night. He kept checking up on me every half an hour.” Sungjin continued softly while glancing beside him where his hyung was sleeping.



Umma smiled,”Dont wake up your brother, Sungjin-ah. Let him sleep. It’s okay if he misses a day of college.”






Sungjin stood up carefully,”Hyung has been such a darling.”


Umma ruffled Sungjin’s hair,”Of course he would,Jinnie. He loves you.”






Sungjin murmured under his breath,”I’m not the only one he loves. Stupid hyung too blind to see it.”


Umma blinked confusedly,”Did you say something,Sungjin-ah?”






Sungjin coughed awkwardly and shook his head,”It’s nothing Umma.”


“Umma, can I skip school today?” Sungjin asked his mother cutely.





“Of course not, Jin. You are well rested and don't have any risks of concussion anymore. Nice try but you’re going.”


Sungjin sighed at the lost chance of missing school and gathered his clothes so that he could get ready for school.


 


“Dont disturb Sungminnie,okay? Let him sleep.” Umma remarked tenderly.



~~~~





“Oh my god!” Sungmin woke up with a start.


“Umma. It’s almost twelve in the noon. Why didnt you wake me up? I missed college.” Sungmin whined as his mother entered the bedroom with a bundle of fresh clothes in her arms.



“I know you were up - looking after Sungjin, Sungmin-ah. You barely slept and I didnt have the heart to wake you up.” Umma remarked while putting away the clothes into the closet.



 

 


“But b-but.”



He was supposed to meet up with Kyuhyun in the early morning to rehearse their lines.Would Kyuhyun think that he ditched the former? Sungmin thought worriedly.





“Sungmin dear, since you’re at home. Can you do your Umma a favor?” Sungmin’s mother asked sweetly.


“Sure Umma.”





“Can you drive to Ahra’s place and give her some pumpkin soup? The poor thing is alone at home. Siwon is in a meeting and Kyuhyun is in college.Can you go, Sungminnie?” Umma requested.


“You made pumpkin soup?” Sungmin exclaimed in delight.





Umma chuckled,”Yes I did. Shower first and then drive over to Ahra darling’s place. The baby needs proper nutrition since Ahra’s already on her eighth month.” Umma continued.



Sungmin bounded upstairs and grabbed a towel and fresh clothes before rushing into the shower.

Ahra Noona~ It had been ages since Sungmin had seen her.. Almost two weeks. And he was looking forward to talk to her.








Umma a thermos of piping hot and delicious pumpkin soup and a small box containing freshly baked bread rolls into Sungmin’s hands and sent him off to drive over to Ahra’s place.










“Off you go, Sungminnie!” Umma cooed while waving at Sungmin maneuvering the car out of the lawn.




“Ahra Noona~” Sungmin called out while clutching the thermos of pumpkin soup and box of bread rolls close to his chest.


 

 



He was knocking on the door of Kyuhyun’s apartment but to no avail. Sungmin chewed on his bottom lip worriedly. Umma definitely said that Noona was at home. So why was no one opening the door?


Was Ahra alright? Sungmin gasped.


 


He knocked on the door fervently and rung the doorbell.

“Noona, are you in there?” Sungmin yelled nervously.




Seeing no other choice, Sungmin put down the thermos of pumpkin soup and box of rolls onto the floor and looked around in panic. Kyuhyun had told him about his housekeys.


Where did Kyuhyun hide them? Sungmin wondered in agitation.



He crouched down to the small planted pots kept on each side of the door and dug around in the mud..

 

 



Sungmin’s fingers brushed against the wet mud as he scourged for the key. Dirt and mud got into his fingernails but he could care less. He was extremely worried about Ahra, who was pregnant with eight months completed.



“Here it is!” Sungmin sighed in relief as his fingers clincked against the cool metal form of the key.


With trembling fingers, Sungmin inserted the key into the keyhole and opened the door to Kyuhyun’s apartment.




“Ahra Noona. Are you in here?” He called out anxiously peering around the interiors of the apartment.



“Oh my god.” Sungmin exclaimed in horror as his eyes fell upon Ahra sprawled over the floor.



He bounded up to the floor near the piano and crouched down. Sungmin brushed back Ahra’s hair from her forehead and placed his palm on the skin.



Icy cold.



“Noona. Wake up Ahra Noona.” Sungmin pleaded while shaking Ahra’s unconscious form.


He raced to the kitchen and filled up a glass under the sink and rushed back to Ahra.


 



Sungmin sprinkled few drops of water on Ahra’s face and sighed in relief as Ahra crunched up her eyebrows. She blinked twice before groaning.


“Ahra Noona. It’s me, Sungmin.” He reassured the dazed pregnant woman.




“Sungminnie.” Ahra mumbled weakly.



“Noona, are you alright?”




“It hurts.” Ahra whimpered slightly while placing her palm on her bloated belly.




Sungmin cursed softly and asked,”Can you stand up, Noona?”


Ahra nodded weakly and attempted to sit up. She gripped Sungmin’s arm tightly as she completely leaned on the boy, allowing Sungmin to support all of her weight.




“Noona, I’m taking you to the hospital.” Sungmin spoke firmly while wrapping an arm around Ahra’s waist and wounding one of Ahra’s arm around his neck.






“Sungmin-ah.” Ahra murmured weakly as her eyelids fluttered.


With his teeth gritted in determination, Sungmin half carried- half walked Ahra to the car with her weight completely on him.




“Hang on there, Noona.” Sungmin exclaimed gently.


He placed Ahra onto the passenger’s seat comfortably and placed the seatbelt onto the pregnant woman.



He inserted the carkeys into the keyhole and the engine rose to life. Sungmin pressed his foot down onto the accelerator pedal and pressed his phone onto his cheek.


“Come on Umma. Pick up the phone.”Sungmin pleaded.

 




The phone rang on and on but noone picked up the line. Lee Umma was occupied with taking a bath after all.




Sungmin narrowed his eyes in distaste as the rain drops fell steadily onto the windshield. He just had to drive through the road that had been enveloped by lush green forest on one side and rocks on the other. And then he could drive into the city, where the hospital was.
 

“Ahra Noona, breathe in and out. Try to relax yourself.” Sungmin spoke worriedly seeing Ahra wincing in pain at every sharp turn he took.





Kyuhyun. He should be calling Kyuhyun.



He thought as he pulled into the freeway. The road was pretty narrow and the rain fall did nothing to help him, inspite of being only mid-afternoon. The visibility was really low.



Sungmin’s eyes widened in terror as a van seemed to be heading their way from the opposite direction.


The driver of the van was driving off-course and the automobile was heading straight towards Sungmin’s car. It looked like the driver of the van was intoxicated.



“Sungmin.” Ahra screamed.

 



Sungmin gasped as he wound the steering wheel to swerve the car to dodge the two incoming vehicals.

 

 

Big mistake.

 

A car speeding from the left hit Sungmin's side causing his car to tumble off the road and straight down into the forest.


    
“SUNGMIN!” Ahra Noona screamed as she felt the car tip off the road and slide down into the forest.


 


Sungmin acted purely on impulse, he unbuckled his seat belt and flung himself over Ahra. Ahra Noona and the unborn child were the only thing on his mind.


 


“Sungmin NO.!” Ahra screamed in terror as the car started to fall.


“Just be okay, Noona.” Sungmin whispered softly as he felt the car fall.


 

 


Kyuhyun-ah, I’m sorry.  


And the car fell, both of them falling unconscious upon the impact.


I love you..

 

 

 


Edited: 14/05/2014