Chapter 24

You+Me=Love?! [Discontinued]

 


 

 

A week later~
 

 



Kyuhyun poked Sungmin's arm and asked," Are you positively sure you arent feeling sick from last week?"


Sungmin rolled his eyes and brought out a notebook from his backpack.





 College had resumed again. After having a good two weeks off due to repairs. A hugs chunk of the roof had collapsed due to the incessant rainfall and thunder that had struck the neighbourhood. The middle staircase had caved in and it was being refurnished.

Seeing the workers and the smell of paint and dust and peeking into the corridor leading to the middle staircase brought the students some sort of a strange unexplainable thrill.





But the unexpected holiday had been extremely nice. The unfortunate part was, the club activties had been completely wiped off. And they were being taught overtime. That part .






"Yah.Cho Kyuhyun! I'm gonna really smack you if you keep asking me that.." Sungmin scolded.

"But, Sungmin.." Kyuhyun protested.



 

 




Sungmin sighed before turning toward his seat mate," Have you never got buzzed? Had a hangover....hmm Kyuhyun?"


Kyuhyun smiled sheepishly and nodded slowly.


 

 

 


Sungmin nudged Kyuhyun's shoulders and scolded,"Then why are you asking me?! Of course Im fine you big baby!"




Kim Heechul strided into the homeroom and motioned to the students to take their seats quickly.

"Now, for homeroom today, I would like to talk about this year's school arts festival."




Kyuhyun whispered curiously,"School arts festival?"


Sungmin turned slightly towards Kyuhyun and mumbled while pinching Donghae's arm that was poking him from his right side,""Yup.. We do various things either by class or the extracurricular activities we're in."





Donghae whined and then remarked while rubbing his arm,"I wonder what our class will be doing this year?"

Sungmin hummed enthusiastically in reply and whispered,"I'm looking forward to it as well."


 

 





Henry remarked while wrestling a book with Donghae,""We did do a musical ensemble last year.."


 



Heechul sharpened his eyes at the quadruple and glared," You four at the back. Do you want detention?!"

Donghae squeaked and mumbled,"No teacher-nim."


 



Heechul rolled his eyes at the guilty faced boys and then continued,""And as a result of the voting you all did a while ago, our class will be doing a play."





Sungmin punched Kyuhyun's arm excitedly and exclaimed happily," A play, Kyuu. We're doing a play!"

Kyuhyun smiled softly at Sungmin's twinkling eyes full of mirth and patted the excited boy's shoulders.






Donghae whispered to Henry, "I wonder what kind of story we'll be doing?"


Henry simply shrugged his shoulders and almost fell off as Donghae succeeded in wrestling the book from him.






"And now for the show title you're all looking forward to." Heechul exclaimed enjoying the undivided attention the students threw him.

 

 


"Sleeping Beauty."






"Sleeping Beauty?!" Donghae hissed while smacking Henry who was attempting to borrow his eraser.

 

His precious monkey eraser to be precise.
 

 

 





Sungmin simply shrugged his shoulders, its not like he was interested in performing in it anyway.



Heechul continued professionally,"And, for who gets what role I will decide by amida drawing."






Henry mumbled," The heck is amida drawing?"

"So that everyone has a fair chance at getting each role.." Heechul explained.



 




Rolling his eyes at Henry's stupidity, Donghae snatched his monkey eraser from Henry only to squeak in dismay as it comically rolled away under Heechul's desk.

"Look what you did!" Donghae scolded Henry while wacking the chipmunkkie's head viciously.


 

 




"Amida drawing is a japanese method of having random selection.." Kyuhyun whispered smartly.

Sungmin blinked in awe as Kyuhyun proceeded to sketch a small example of what amida drawing was on a paper.



                                                                                   

 

 



"The general rule for playing this game is to choose a line on the top, and follow this line downwards. When a horizontal line is encountered, follow it to get to another vertical line and continue downwards. Repeat this procedure until you reach the end of the vertical line. Then the player is given the thing written at the bottom of the line."




"Wow, Cho.. You're so smart." Donghae teased while leaning to peek on the sketch Kyuhyun had doodled.



 

 


Heechul announced," "So please come up to the front according to your roll-call number with something to write with. And be quick. We dont have all day!"

Shoving Donghae ahead of him, Sungmin walked towards the board where a huge amida drawing chart was clipped to the whiteboard.




 




He scribbled down his name neatly before straightening up. Sungmin bit back a chuckle as Kyuhyun seemed to be searching his pockets for a pen.

He pulled Kyuhyun down to his height and whispered into the latter's ear," You can use mine Kyuu.."





Kyuhyun scratched his head awkwardly and nodded his head slowly before brushing against Sungmin's fingers and holding on to the pen.

"Thank you.." He mumbled softly and marched to the board mechanically as Sungmin smiled sweetly back in response.


 

 




After making sure that all the students had written down their names properly on the amida drawing, Heechul tiptoed to the top of the chart and peeled off the hidden portion on the drawing.

"And now, I'll reveal the assignments."



 


He trailed a finger to the chart and remarked,"Let's see, the princess and the prince...will be."


The room was filled with gasps and exclaimations from all the students.


 

 


"Oh my."

 

 


Sungmin blinked cluelessly as all of his classmates turned back to stare at him,"Huh?"

 

 


Whispers and giggles.




Kyuhyun squinted an eye open at all the attention their table was being bestowed upon.

"What's going on.." Sungmin mumbled while leaning slightly into his seat-mate.


 



Kyuhyun craned his neck and his eyes landed on the amida drawing....and.

 

 

 


"MWO?!?"
 

 

 



~~~~~~~~

 

 


Sungmin repeatedly banged his forehead onto the lunch table as Donghae and Henry giggled amusedly at their friend's misery.




Hyukjae wrapped an arm around Donghae's shoulders, and pressed into his boyfriend.

"So.. your class play is sleeping beauty, right? That means, the lead role is the princess,correct ?"



Sungmin mumbled a faint -my-life and continued to hit his head against the lunch table.

 

 



"Who is it?"


Donghae giggled and replied," Sungmin."


 


"What?! How!" Hyukjae exclaimed in surprise looking at Sungmin's slouching all over the table seeming very crestfallen.


"But it was determined by amida drawing."Henry chirped in while slurping banana milk messily.

 

 




"Sheesh. they should've at least separated the boy's roles from the girl's role." Hyukjae commented while patting Sungmin's head sympathetically.


"Heechul-nim made it so that everyone has an equal chance for each role. Without any nepotism." Donghae explained while munching on some strawberry cookies.


 

 

 


"And who is supposed to be the prince?"



Sungmin raised himself up dramatically and mumbled lowly before resuming banging his head against the lunch table.

 

 

 



"What was that?" Hyukjae asked trying to hear what Sungmin muttered before inflicting self injury on himself.


Donghae giggled and replied,"Cho Kyuhyun."


 

 


"Wait. If he's the prince and Sungmin here is the princess doesnt it mean, they would have to kiss.." Hyukjae asked cautiously.
 

 

 


Another embarrassed wail from Sungmin confirmed his thoughts.


Donghae mumbled while reaching out for another cookie,"Its not like they haven...Hummphhh.."


 

 


Hyukjae clamped his boyfriends mouth with his palm and whispered,"Dont say anything, Hae. I dont think Sungmin knows..."

Donghae blinked at his boyfriend cutely and nodded his head.

 

 



"It'll be better for them to handle it themselfs rather than them getting drifted when its painfully obvious that they like each other.." Hyukjae concluded thoughtfully.


"So when is the first rehersal practise?"




~~~~~~

tbc..

 


 





........(A/N)

 

The next two-three chapters will be filler chapters, before things get a bit intense... Nothing to be worried about :)) You guys know I dont do angst and too much of drama.

I hope noone was confused about amida drawings~ I tried to explain it >w<  This chapter was inspired by a scene in my childhood anime :)))

 

 

I am officially back. /fistpump

I shall move on to update To Your Heart next, so look out for it in a couple of days :)))

 

Do comment and upvote, alright? I would love to hear from everyone.

 

 

Have a nice day~! Until next time :))

~95anichan signing off <3