Chapter 8

You+Me=Love?! [Discontinued]

Sungmin was feeling very vexed. He had tried his best to stick to his plan of avoiding Kyuhyun like plague but he felt very guilty, for behaving that way. As soon as the bell rang than he fled from the classroom, not even sparing a glance at his seat-mate. Sungmin felt very weird while training that day.

 
A deep sense of foreboding haunted him, like something terrible would happen that day. His cellphone was not functioning at the moment since it broke into tiny pieces after a fit of rage at home.
 
 
 
The door suddenly opened and the Eunhae couple poked their heads inside. With matching grins on their faces, they entered inside the training room.
 
 
 
"Sungminnie~" cooed Donghae pinching his friends chubby cheeks.
 
 
 
"What the hell Donghae?! Why do you insist on doing this everytime we meet? Look! Hyukjae is standing right there.. Be all touchy-touchy with him." protested Sungmin, with his cheeks flushing red due to all the pinching and pulling.
 
 
 
"That doesn't sound bad, How about we work on Sungmin's idea just you and me, tonight at my place Hae?"said Hyukjae winking naughtily at his boyfriend.
 
 
"Ewww.. Too much information!" Sungmin whined, his scrunching his nose cutely in disgust.
 
 
 
 
 
"Why are you here anyways?" he grumbled. 
 
"Aaah! Yes.. Hyukkie you are always sidetracking me!" complained Donghae, punching Hyukjae lightly.
 
 
 
 
"You love me for that too right,babe?" he replied leaning in for a kiss. 
 
"YAH! I'm right here you know?" yelled Sungmin in protest.
 
 
 
 
With a feeble giggle and a blush covering his face, Donghae said, "Laters..."
 
 
 
Turning to the annoyed boy he continued, "I am ditching club activities today..."  Glancing at his smirking boyfriend, he swallowed and said,"I have some business to take care of..."
 
 
"So." Sungmin deadpanned.
 
 
"I won't be accompaning you home today, take care of yourself Sungmin-ah!" replied Donghae affectionately. With that he grabbed Hyukjae's arm and sauntered out of the room leaving behind Sungmin who shivered thinking about the naughty shameless couple.
 
 
After hours of training heavily, Sungmin collapsed onto the floor,completely drenched in sweat. He had really pushed himself to the brink that day, taking martial arts to be a form of venting out the negative feelings in him. He stretched onto the cold floor, breathing deeply, trying to calm down his body after the rigorous exercises.
 
 
 
Sungmin hadnt got any sleep the previous night, his wandering thoughts troubling him and he blamed Kyuhyun for it.
 
 
Exhausted, sleep deprived and hunger soon took him into a dreamless slumber, dead to the world.. He did not hear pitter-patter of the rain nor did he realise the doom that was slowly befalling on him.
 
 
 
 
 
A loud sound of thunder jostled him out of sleep.
 
 
 
 
Sungmin was very brave but when it came to storms, not so much. He was caught unaware when he woke up suddenly to find himself in pitch darkness. He yelped loudly when the lightning struck again. He was cold, hungry, tired and alone..
 
 
With tears threatening to pool from the corner of his eyes, he forced himself to get up from the comfortable spot on the floor.
 
 
Sungmin's fears started increasing rapidly when he heard the thunder,the harsh wind blowing down the trees and the incessant rainfall. He felt very irrational, and failed to think properly.
 
 
He wanted nothing more than to be at home, tucked into his bed safe from the storm that was making him feel so vulnerable. Gathering the ounce of courage and strength left in him, he slowly turned the door knob.
 
 
 
His fear and anxitey increased tenfold when he saw that the lightning was much more worse in the hallway than the confines of the room. Sungmin' doe shaped eyes widened in sheer fear when he saw the silhouette of a person in the shadows.
 
 
 
What if it was a serial killer or a burgler or a e, looking for a place to stay safe and had broken into the empty desolate school?
 
 
Sungmin was now shaking very violently due to his wandering thoughts and wanted nothing more than to get out of there. He didn't want to die here..no..not like this.
 
 
A sudden flash of lightning enabled the poor boy to see the identity of the mysterious person lurking in the shadows.
 
 
 
 
'K-kyuhyun..?' he whimpered.
 
 
 
With a leap he attached himself to the taller boy causing a yelp from the latter. Sungmin refused to let go of him, Kyuhyun was his only hope that evening after all. He forgot about hating him, he forgot about his plans to ignore him and just latched on to Kyuhyun, like a koala, hugging the boy tightly.
 
 
Sungmin started sobbing quietly when he heard Kyuhyun's voice. He felt relief that he wasn't alone anymore.
 
 
Kyuhyun felt his heart clench painfully when he saw Sungmin's broken form. He hated seeing him feeling so sad and vulnerable. He gently caressed Sungmin's hair and whispered soothing words into his ears.
 
 
He rubbed the smaller boy's back comfortingly, "I'm here.. I'll protect you. You don't have to be afraid. I won't allow anything to happen to you,Sungmin. Do you trust me?"
 
 
 
 
Seeing Sungmin nodding his head hesitently, he clasped their hands together and hugged the boy close to his chest and started walking to the cafeteria for for some food. 
 
 
 
"K-kyuhyun..." Sungmin whispered before collapsing into Kyuhyun's arms.
 
 
Sungmin was exhausted from so much exercise and crying and skipping his meal did no good to his body causing him to faint. Without hesitating, Kyuhyun gathered the unconscious boy into his arms and walked as quickly as he could to the cafeteria.
 
 
He laid Sungmin down gently on the floor, trying to pry the latters fingers that clutched his shirt tightly. Kyuhyun jogged to the automatic vending machine, stuffed in some coins and grabbed a carton of apple juice and a bottle of water. He splashed some water onto the other boy's face, in an attempt to revive him.
 
 
 
 
Kyuhyun gently carresed Sungmin's hair, pushing his bangs of his forehead as he felt the boy reviving.
 
 
Before Sungmin could work on another panic attack, he cradled the boy in his arms and started singing softly. His warm voice infiltering Sungmin's ears. Sensing from the boy's normal and relaxed breathing, Kyuhyun stopped singing and pushed the carton of juice to the now calm boy.
 
 
 
 
"Drink..." he commanded.
 
 
Sungmin gave him a hesitant look but did not question him. Within a few sips, he threw the empty carton onto the floor and scooted near Kyuhyun.
 
 
 
"Kyuhyun...?" he mumbled meekly
 
 
"Yes Min..?" Kyuhyun answered, eyeing Sungmin in worry. 
 
 
 
Sungmin seemed not to care about the affectionate use of his name and said softly," Thank you."
 
 
Kyuhyun simply smiled back at Sungmin and handed over the bag of chips towards the boy.
 
 
 
"What will happen to us now Kyuhyun..?" mumbled Sungmin munching away some potato crisp and chocolate bars.
 
 
"I guess we will just have to wait until the lightning stops.." said Kyuhyun honestly.
 
 
Sungmin just nodded silently and stared at Kyuhyun.  "What's wrong Min?" asked Kyuhyun.
 
 
"Why are you so nice to me when I've been nothing but a jerk towards you?"Sungmin mumbled, looking into Kyuhyun's eyes deeply.
 
 
 
 
"Don't say that! You're not a jerk!" answered Kyuhyun quickly.
 
 
Sungmin looked sadly at him, "You don't mean that, Kyuhyun... I've hurt you a lot and I'm sorry for that."
 
 
 
 
"Its oka-"
 
 
 
 
Cutting him off, Sungmin continued, "I was wrong about you, Kyuhyun, completely wrong. I can't change what Ive done to you before but I want us to be good friends.."
 
 
 
 
Kyuhyun's eyes sparkled in delight and he enveloped Sungmin in a warm hug, "Of course, Min..I would love that!"
 
 
Sungmin just smiled softly in return, feeling content and safe for the first time that day..
 
 
The storm raged on outside, the windows rattled due to the heavy wind, the trees creaked loudly and the rain poured down heavily but it no longer made a difference to two young boys, huddled together on the floor, content in each other's presence and over their newfound friendship...
 

Edited: 24/03/2014