Chapter 15

You+Me=Love?! [Discontinued]

 

Three days later, all was well at the Lee Residency, apart from the occasional squabbling,pinching, cursing and slapping, yeah you get the picture. Kyuhyun sat on the couch beside Sungmin chuckling at the brothers fighting for the television remote control. After a lot of shoving and pulling, Sungmin lost the battle.
 
 
 
Grumbling at his little brother's unexpected luck , he settled back into the fluffy cushion and pouted.  Kyuhyun laughed mentally and thought 'So cute!' He glanced at Sungmin's slouching form from the corner of his eyes and smiled adoringly at the smaller boy.
 
 
 
The past few days at Sungmin's home had been very memorable. He missed the warmth and the affection of a closely knitted family. Due to his singing, he scarcely had time for such interactions with his family and he missed that. 
 
 
Sungmin was feeling so frustrated. He hated loosing to the brat that he unfortunately had to acknowledge as his younger brother. He would have fought Sungjin into a mini-battle for the remote control but he obviously couldn't do that in front of Kyuhyun. He didn't want to appear childish in front of him.
 
 
No way.
 
 
 
The trio were snapped from their thoughts when the door bell suddenly rang. A few seconds passed, and no one made a motion to attend to the door. 
 
 
 
"Sungjin,see who is at the door."commanded Sungmin haughtily, seeing this as a perfect opportunity to steal the remote control back and change the channel into something sensible. He was annoyed at all the childish program that he was being forced to watch.
 
 
"Umma is there, Hyung." replied Sungjin lazily.
 
 
 
Slapping his brother's head lightly Sungmin scolded," Umma went out to the supermarket, remember? Now get your off the floor and see who it is!"
 
 
 
"Hyung, why dont you go?" retorted Sungjin cheekily.
 
 
 
"Aishh, this kid. You better go now or I'll tell Umma about who broke that vase last month." threatened Sungmin.
 
 
 
A look of panic spreaded across Sungjin's face and he scrambled to his feet and stumbled to the front door, knowing that Sungmin was very capable of carrying out the threat. He swung open the door and gaped at the intruder, his girlfriend-Sunny.  
 
 
 
'Oh crap! Kyuhyun hyung is right there in the living room. Sungmin hyung will kill me if I bring Sunny inside...
 
 
 
He spoke in a loud voice, hoping that the duo in the living room would take the hint," NICE TO SEE YOU SUNNY!"
 
Sunny grimaced at her boyfriend's loud voice," Sungjin! Why are you yelling? I'm right here!" She flailed her hands in front of Sungjin's face," Won't you invite me inside?"
 
 
 
 
 
Sungmin's eyes widened in shock,hearing Sungjin's voice from the door. He knew exactly how Sunny would react on seeing Kyuhyun.  'She would completely freak out. It would become so chaotic.' he thought worriedly looking at the oblivious boy sitting next to him.
 
 
 
He stood up hurriedly and yanked Kyuhyun from the couch, earning a loud sound of protest from the latter.  "Shhh! Keep quiet and follow me!" Sungmin whispered hastily, tugging Kyuhyun's wrist and leading him to the kitchen.
 
 
 
"Sungjin? What is Kyuhyun Oppa's car doing on your sidewalk? I can recognise his car anywhere.The licence plate is also the same. Are you hiding something from me? " asked Sunny suspiciously looking over Sungjin's shoulders. "Ummm.." Sungjin stuttered, having forgotten that Sunny being Kyuhyun's die hard fan knew each and every detail about the idol.
 
 
"Its n-not Kyuhyun's car! Don't be ridiculous... Why would he be here anyway silly? " he mumbled, hoping that his hyungs had successfully escaped from the living room.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Sungmin! Why are you pulling me like this?" asked Kyuhyun irritatedly, rubbing his wrists, sore from Sungmin's harsh treatment. Sungmin simply handed Kyuhyun a pair of shoes and whispered," If you want to live, just trust me okay? Sunny is here. She will go crazy if she sees you here!"
 
 
Kyuhyun nodded his head understandingly, feeling slightly uncomfortable at the turn of events. Heck! He didnt want to deal with a rabid fan girl after barely recovering from his spell of illness.
 
 
 
 
 
Just as Kyuhyun opened the backdoor, the kitchen door flung open. Sunny screamed in surprise and excitement on seeing Kyuhyun in her boyfriend's kitchen. Her eyes turned darker and a tinge of madness clouded them. 
 
 
Panic was written on Sungmin's face, he knew exactly what would happen next. He flung the kitchen cloth at Sunny, momentarily distracting her, and rushed out of the backdoor after grabbing Kyuhyun's hand. The duo raced to the car, with Kyuhyun leading them. With thundering hearts, they hurriedly sank into Kyuhyun's blue sports car.
 
Kyuhyun stepped on the accelerator and they speed away, leaving Sungjin trying to get Sunny to calm down and get back to being her normal self.
 
 
 
 
 
"That was close." mumbled Kyuhyun trying to catch his breath.
 
"Yeah. You would have been glomped to the floor if we hadn't managed to escape." heaved Sungmin while fanning his face.
 
 
Kyuhyun chuckled.
 
 
 
 
 
They drove for a couple of minutes in silence before Kyuhyun stopped by a coffee shop.  "Since we are out, we might as well as enjoy right?" he reasoned while parking the car carefully.
 
"Umm.. We aren't exactly dressed for an outing, Kyuhyun." Sungmin mentioned pointing to his pink pajamas adorned with hearts and bunnies. Kyuhyun looked down and frowned at his blue pyjamas with stars and planets," Who cares?"
 
 
 
Sungmin sighed," Well, You should. You are Cho Kyuhyun after all."
 
 
 
Kyuhyun spoke softly," Since when do I care about what people think, Min? "
 
 
 
"B-but..."
 
 
"I don't care, okay. So you shouldn't either." Kyuhyun spoke firmly. Sungmin sighed in defeat," Fine. The things that you put me through."
 
 
 
 
 
Kyuhyun smirked before closing the door of the car. He entered the quaint looking cafe with Sungmin shuffling behind him shyly. " Min, dont be so shy. Go catch a booth for us, okay?" Kyuhyun spoke gently looking at the squirming boy beside him.
 
 
Sungmin grumbled but followed Kyuhyun anyway ,"Shy? Who exactly is shy here?"
 
 
Kyuhyun ruffled Sungmin's hair playfully," You are."
 
 
"Okay okay! No need to glare at me like that."  
 
 
 
"What would you like Min?" Sungmin relaxed his scrunched eyebrows and tapped a slender finger over his chin, thinking about what he wished to eat.
 
 
"Wait, Let me guess...Would you like Blueberry Cheesecake, Min?" Kyuhyun asked hesitantly.
 
 
Sungmin's eyes immediately lit up brightly and he nodded shyly in response. "Okay, I'll be right back. You go sit somewhere." Kyuhyun spoke before walking to the counter to place their orders.
 
 
 
 
 
The waiteress stared at him in surprise, Kyuhyun frowned causing her to blink out of her daze. "Can you get me two portions of blueberry cheesecake and two mugs of hot chocolate?" he asked politely.
 
She simply nodded, dumbfounded, before scrambling to her feet to get the order ready.
 
 
He waited patiently at the counter, stealing glances at Sungmin who was cradling his face into his arms on the table, nuzzling his cheeks into them. 'He looks so adorable.' Kyuhyun thought affectionately looking at the former's flushed face.
 
He was shaken out of his staring trance when the waitress cleared , motioning towards his order. 
 
 
 
 
He paid quickly and walked towards the booth,holding the tray, careful not to spill anything. He didn't want his clumsy side to be revealed right now. No, not in front of Sungmin.
 
 
 
 
He sunk into the seat across Sungmin and pushed the tray towards the latter. Sungmin's eyes sparkled at the beautifully decorated blueberry cheesecake. He the prong of his fork, drooling slightly at the mouth watering treat in front of him.
 
 
 
Kyuhyun laughed mentally and cooed at the smaller boy's antics. 
 
 
 
Sungmin swiped the blue cream on the top of the pastry with his fork and it clean with his pink tongue. He moaned in happiness and digged into the cake, not caring about what any one thought of him, at the moment. You see, blueberries were Sungmin's weakness. He would be ready to trade anything (even Sungjin but don't tell him that) for his blueberries. Of course blueberries were much more important than his bratty teenbrother. So no hesitations there.
 
 
 
Kyuhyun tore his eyes from Sungmin, knowing quite well what exactly would happen if he continued to watch the figure enjoying the pastry. He didn't want a repeat of the episode where Sungmin and a certain cup of yogurt were involved. That was just so embarrasing.  He took a small sip from his mug and sighed happily as the sweet taste of chocolate evaded his senses. He felt warmth spreading all around him, and he leaned back comfortably into the seat.
 
 
 
Sungmin was a fast eater so he finished his share of the delicious pastry in no time. He the remaining cream from his fork and put it down on the table, slightly sad that he finished the treat.
 
 
 
Kyuhyun looked up at the sound and stared at the boy sitting across him. Sungmin looked so comical with crumbs on his chin and blob of blue icing on his nose. He chuckled, causing the latter to look at him curiously,"What's the matter Kyuhyun? What's so funny?"
 
 
 
Kyuhyun laughed again,"You."
 
 
 
Sungmin glared,"Hey! That isn't very nice."
 
 
 
 
Kyuhyun clutched his tummy doubling in laughter looking at the pouting boy in front of him. Sungmin was just so adorable, so child-like, so innocent.
 
 
 
He stretched his hand to Sungmin's face in a motion to wipe away the crumbs from the latter's face," Do you know how cute you really are?"
 
 
 
Sungmin gaped in surprise. Cute?! 
 
 
 
He stammered," W-what? I'm not c-cute! What do y-you think you are doing?" 
 
 
 
Kyuhyun just smiled softly, removing the icing from Sungmin's cute nose from the tip of his finger," Yes you are,Min.." Sungmin understood Kyuhyun's action after looking at the latter's icing covered finger. His eyes widened and he blushed slightly seeing Kyuhyun the icing off his finger.
 
 
 
 
He felt his heart beat faster at the gesture. Why was up  Kyuhyun ? He pushed down these unexplainable feelings and spoke," So how much do I owe you?"
 
 
Kyuhyun simply threw him a look, " Why do you insist on doing that everytime?"
 
 
 
 
Sungmin ruffled his own hair exasperatedly,"I did say that I don't like anyone paying for me! Just tell me already."
 
Kyuhyun settled back into his seat and answered,"Then, I will pay too for allowing me to stay with you."
 
 
 
 
"Don't be silly Kyuhyun! We wanted to have you stay with us, you don't have to pay for that." Sungmin explained impatiently.
 
 
Kyuhyun spoke gently," Exactly.You see, I'm doing this because I want to. You don't have to pay me back, okay?"
 
 
 
"B-but.."
 
 
 
"No buts Min, I'm just showing my appreciation. We are friends now,right? Can't you just accept it? Think of it as a little show of gratitude, okay? " 
 
 
 
Sungmin sighed in defeat,"Fine... Just this once. Next time, I'm paying, okay?"
 
 
 
Kyuhyun's heart skipped a beat. Next time?
 
 
 
 
He just nodded slightly in response. A couple of minutes later the duo were done eating. They sat in comfortable silence, simply basking in each other's presence, sipping their hot chocolate. Sungmin started suddenly,"Isnt Ahra Noona scheduled to arrive today?"
 
 
 
Kyuhyun gaped at the former,"Oh Gosh... You're right! I can't believe I completely forgot about that.."
 
 
With that he glanced at his watch and then panicked on seeing the time," Sungmin! Its already 11:30.. Noona's flight will be arriving any minute now."
 
 
 
 
"Calm down Kyu, we still have sometime." comforted Sungmin looking at the frantic boy in front of him.
 
Kyuhyun stood up hurriedly and yanked Sungmin from his seat and headed towards the exit, "Yah! Cho Kyuhyun, that hurts..Slow down will you?"
 
 
 
 
"No time, Min. We need to hurry up." Kyuhyun replied apologetically. "We dont want to deal with a highly sensitive angry pregnant woman, now do we? "
 
 
Sungmin just grumbled while buckling into the seatbelt,"Why do I have to accompany you anyway?"
 
 
 
 
 
He yelped when Kyuhyun suddenly accelerated the car and started driving at top speed," I want to live, you idiot.."
 
 
"Kyu, Slow down a little,okay?"
 
 
 
 
Sungmin breathed a sigh of relief when Kyuhyun immediately compiled to the request and reduced the speed.  "Much better." he sighed in relief leaning comfortably into the seat.
 
 
 
Kyuhyun and Sungmin soon reached the airport. After parking the car carefully, they ran together, hand-in-hand towards the notice board which held information about the latest arrivals. Kyuhyun panted,"The flight just landed a minute ago. We made it, Min!"
 
 
 
Sungmin simply grinned breathlessly, leaning his head towards Kyuhyun's shoulder.  After catching their breaths, Sungmin separated from Kyuhyun and glanced around the arrival entrance.
 
 
 
He saw a group of pretty girls squealing and pointing in their direction. It seems Kyuhyun's fans were everywhere. He felt a strong feeling of irritation and felt like snapping at them. Kyuhyun seemed oblivious to the sight, occupied by searching for his Noona.
 
Sungmin glared visciously at the blushing girls and clasped Kyuhyun's hand, startling him,"Let's go wait there, Kyu."
 
 
 
Without waiting for a reply, he simply walked closer to the gate for arrivals, pulling Kyuhyun behind him. Kyuhyun turned crimson but followed Sungmin nevertheless.
 
 
They stood together, with their hands entertwined, leaning over the barrier, trying to spot Kyuhyun's Noona. The lady standing next to them suddenly shoved Sungmin in hurry, causing him to loose his balance and stumble into Kyuhyun, who automatically supported the boy by wrapping an arm around Sungmin's waist, steading him.
 
 
Sungmin gasped slightly and blushed looking into Kyunhyun's concerned eyes. Time seemed to have stood still. They only saw each other at the moment.
 
 
A sudden loud cough behind them caused Kyuhyun to let go of Sungmin. With pink dusting his cheeks, he turned around hesitantly and then gaped," Noona.." Sungmin's eyes widened in surprise and he bowed down as a motion to greet Kyuhyun's elder sister.
 
 
"Hi, Kyubaby! Seems like you are pretty busy here.." she smirked looking down at the flushed appearances of both the boys.
 
"And who might you be?" she asked looking at Sungmin from head to foot.
 
 
 
Sungmin introducing himself," I'm Lee Sungmin.." Ahra nodded understanding,"So Kyubaby is staying over at your place?"
 
 
Sungmin just wordlessly nodded his head daintly in response.  Kyuhyun suddenly growled in annoyance,"Nice to see you again,Siwon-shi.." 
 
 
Sungmin raised his eyebrow, feeling confused at Kyuhyun's bitter tone. Ahra smacked her brothers head lightly," You better behave this time,Kyuhyun. I don't want any more pranks this time,alright? I can't understand how Siwon can take all your michief."
 
 
 
Sungmin chuckled merrily at Kyuhyun's sulky face, he slightly nudged him and whispered teasingly," Yeah Kyubaby, you better behave.."
 
 
 
Kyuhyun growled at Sungmin, causing the latter to laugh more.
 
 
 
 
Ahra smiled knowingly, she wounded her arm around Sungmin's and dragged him with her, leaving the remaining two males to deal with the luggage. "I like you,Sungmin. You seem like a really sweet person and so adorable!" she cooed pinching Sungmin's chubby cheeks.
 
 
"Call me Ahra Noona from now....Okay, Sungminnie? I think we will get along well."
 
 
 
 
Sungmin smiled at her, finding Ahra's presence comfortable. No wonder Kyuhyun was such a Noona's boy. Ahra yelled, startling the people around them,"Yah! Hurry up Kyubaby. You're so weak."
 
 
Sungmin rushed back, remembering that Kyuhyun shouldn't lift things just yet. He gently took the hand-luggage from the panting boy,"I'll handle it, Kyu."
 
 
 
 
Kyuhyun just nodded weakly, feeling a bit exerted. He admitted grudgingly, 'At least Siwon was there to handle all the suitcases.'
 
 
'That seems to be the only thing the horse was good at, lifting heavy luggage,' he scoffed mentally following Sungmin to the car.
 
 
 
After securely placing the suitcases in the trunk of the car with Siwon and Sungmin's help and making sure that Ahra Noona was safely buckled in and comfortable, he sank into the driver's seat with Sungmin occupying the passenger seat, and started the car. Just as they exited the parking area, Ahra spoke," Kyubaby, Why is there a pink bag on the floor along with yours?" 
 
 
Sungmin intervened," That's my backpack, Noona. I must have forgotten to take it with me after driving Kyuhyun to my home since he was sick. And since we had no school for a week due to damages caused by the storm, its still there."
 
Ahra cut in teasingly,"So my Sungminnie likes pink,huh? "
 
 
 
Sungmin laughed,"Yeah..."
 
 
Ahra asked curiously," Kyubaby? You never allow anyone to touch your car! You didn't scold Sungmin for driving your car?"
 
 
Sungmin glanced incrediously at Kyuhyun,"Don't tell me you are possesive over a car?"
 
 
 
Kyuhyun mumbled," I was sick, Noona! And Min was just helping me so of course I won't say anything,don't be silly Noona."
 
 
 
"I see.. You guys are so close already? Are you hiding something from me Kyubaby?" she asked teasingly wiggling her eyebrows suggestively causing Siwon to chuckle at the siblings.
 
 
Sungmin stared at Ahra obliviously and thought,'Huh? What are they talking about? Did I miss something?'
 
 
Kyuhyun yelled,"Don' t distract me, I'm driving!" 
 
 
 
Ahra chuckled snuggling into Siwon's arms,"Arraso..." Kyuhyun growled under his breath, hating the sight of his sister and that horse cuddling together. He had some old scores to settle with Siwon after all.
 
 
He wouldn't forgive him that easily for taking Ahra Noona away from him. He clenched his teeth and glared into the rearview mirror. If looks could kill, Siwon would have dropped dead by now. 
 
 
He cackled evilly causing Sungmin to look at him curiously, " Weird.." Sungmin shrugged slightly before returning back to staring out of the window.
 
 
Siwon was going to have a hard time for the next month and he would make sure of it. He wasn't Cho Kyuhyun for nothing.

 

Edited: 27/03/2014