14

Just When I Thought I Was Over You
 

XIV

 

 

“Here, I cooked these all just for you,” said Krystal as he handed Kai a pair of chopsticks and a lunchbox full of home-cooked meals.

Kai looked at the food laid in front of him. “I’ll eat these all,” he said as he grabbed one of the meatballs.

‘This taste,’ Kai shook his thoughts. ‘Why am I like this? Before, all the food that Krystal cooked tastes delicious. But now…’ Kai kept on thinking.

“So, how does it taste like?” she asked him, waiting for his answer.

“It taste…” ‘I don’t know. Ever since I moved in with Seyoon, I can’t help but compare her cooking skills with Krystal. Ahh! I shouldn’t be thinking like this,’ Kai thought, keeping his argument inside his head. “It tastes good as always.”

“I’m glad you like it,” Krystal smiled at him. “By the way, you seemed really close to the new student. Are you two close friends?”

“He’s been an exchange student when we were in middle school. We knew each other but I can’t say we’re close.”

“Oh…He mentioned about your fan? Who is he talking about?”

“Ahh…about that…It’s nothing. Don’t mind him,” Kai said nervously.

“Is he talking about Seyoon?”

“Ahh…haha…well…it’s an old joke. But he didn’t stop teasing Seyoon about it.” Suddenly, Krystal laughed. “What’s funny?”

“She’s your fan. How cute~”

Kai smiled at her. Even though she already knew about their marriage, she still treated him like before, as her boyfriend. Maybe this was one thing that Kai liked about Krystal, she never felt jealous of trivial stuff. He knew she trusted him.

“Let’s continue eating,” she said as she grabbed her chopsticks and feed Kai a slice of omelet.

 

~*~

“Sehun!” Seyoon called as she went running towards Sehun’s direction. Sehun’s face was a mixture of shocked and fear.

“Seyoon?” Seyoon nodded at him. Sehun sighed. “Don’t run with that costume. You’ll surely scare everyone.”

“Oh, did I scare you? Sorry...”

“No need to apologize. Why did you call me anyway?”

“Ahh…I just want to know where’s Kai?”

“He said he’ll skip lunch. I’ve been persuading him to have a break but he said that he’ll continue practicing.”

“Really?”

“Can you go to him and tell him to at least eat?” said Sehun.

“Don’t worry. That’s what I’ll really do.”

“Thanks. By the way, where are the others?”

“They are still inside the classroom. They don’t want to get out because of their costumes.”

“Really? I’ll just bring them food then. See you!” said Sehun as he waved goodbye to Seyoon.

---

“Time control~! ♪” The music filled the room together with the sounds of stomps and footsteps. Kai was covered with buckets load of perseverance and determination. Although he could hear his stomach grumble, for him it is just a music that keeps him go on with his practice. He promised himself that he would win the battle not just for his friends but also to redeem himself from the humiliation that Luhan caused years ago.

While he was dancing, he didn’t notice that the door slowly opened. The lights suddenly turned off. Light coming from the sun illuminated the room just enough for him to see a standing figure going towards his direction. His eyes grew bigger when he saw a white-gowned woman with hair covering the whole of her face. “Eomma~” he said in a low chilling voice. The figure walked closer and closer to him while he walked backwards slowly.

He tried to run to her side and towards the door but the figure immediately holds his ankle which caused him to stumble on the floor. “Get away from me!”

The figure slowly creeped on top of him, a scene he only saw on horror movies when the victim died after seeing the face of the ghost. He tried to close his eyes, not wanting to see, not even a glimpse of the face of the figure, who was now on top of him with face still covered by hair. “Wh—who…are you? Wha..wha..what do..you..want?,” he said with his face on the borderline of crying.

The figure was getting something under her long white gown. “A box?” asked Kai as he saw what the figure was holding on her hand. She opened it and it was full of mouth-watering food, even the good smell crept inside his nose. “Food?” The figure nodded at him. She grabbed the chopstick and motioned her hands as if she was eating. “You want me to eat that?” She nodded again.

“Ok I…I will. Just get away from me please,” he said pleading.

“HAHAHA!” The figure started laughing.

“Huh?”

“HAHA!” She put the box aside, shoved her hair away from his face. “So it is true. Baekhyun was right. You are really afraid of ghosts,” she smiled at him.

“Seyoon? YAH! Why did you that for?”

“I have no choice. Sehun said you don’t want to eat so I have no choice but to scare you. Are you going to eat this or not?”

“I will.” Kai, who noticed their awkward position, suddenly blushed. “How would I eat that if you’re still…ahh…you know…” he said without looking at her.

“Oh. I am sorry.” She sat beside him as she offered him the chopsticks. “You shouldn’t starve yourself. How could you dance with an empty stomach? You’ll surely faint when the competition comes.”

“I just don’t want to lose to that guy anymore.”

“You won’t lose. I know that,” Seyoon said confidently.

Kai looked at her. For a moment they stared at each other’s eyes. Seyoon don’t know why but she suddenly felt the hot sensation on her cheeks as he saw Kai’s sincere smile.

“Ahh…ah…I have to go now. They might be looking for me now. I’m the main ghost of the haunted house so…”

“I know. Just what you did earlier, I know you’re the scariest one. Keep that up. I know our class would win the festival.”

Seyoon nodded at him. She stood up as she walked towards the door. Just when she was about to go out, “Seyoon…”

“Hmm?” she looked back at Kai.

“Thank you and…” Seyoon looked at his serious eyes. “You’re quite heavy. Please don’t eat a lot,” he said teasingly as he smiled at her.

“Tsk. I don’t care if I’m heavy or not. It’s none of your business!” she said as she stick her tongue out at him. “Merong~!” She closed the door, leaving Kai eating the food she brought. She patted her cheeks. ‘What’s that? What’s happening to me?’ she thought to herself as she recalled the way Kai stared at her.

“Look who we have here,” said a familiar voice. Seyoon lifted her head to see who it was. Luhan and Lay were walking towards her. 

“Why are you here? What do you want? Are you planning to sabotage their dance” she looked at Luhan.

“Sabotage? What? No way! Our practice room is at the end of the hallway. This is the performing arts building. All the dance practice rooms are here. Aren’t you an old student here? You should know that.” Luhan .

“Whatever. You won’t win anyway,” she .

“I don’t think so. It’s your idol that won’t win,” Luhan moved his head closer to Seyoon.

“Tsk. I’ll get going. I’ll keep an eye on you,” said Seyoon as she glared at him with intense eyes.

“Weird girl…” said Luhan.

Lay just smiled and pat Luhan's shoulder. "Let's go!"

~*~

 

“We almost have the same subjects. I guessed we’ll be seeing each other whole day,” said Seyoon as he saw Lay’s schedule.

“May I see?” asked Chanyeol. ‘Oh no! It’s true. This guy…did he researched about Seyoon’s schedule?’ he thought.

“Actually, it was Luhan’s original schedule. But he swapped with my schedule because the rooms are nearer to each other,” said Lay.

“And you agreed?” asked Chanyeol.

“I don’t mind. We have the same subjects anyway, only different homeroom,” Lay replied.

‘Uhm…Come to think of it. It is better that this guy was our classmate rather than that talkative brat Luhan. But still, I don’t like his closeness with Seyoon,’ said Chanyeol as he observed Seyoon and Lay talking at the opposite seats.