Chapter 30 Yoseob, where are you?

Sketches Of My Life

As I open one of Bom unnie's messages, I feel weak and worried. Bom unnie informs me the sorrowful news, Yoseob's Mom is already passed away and also Yoseob at the same time was involve in an accident. I don't know what kind of accident Yoseob is involve since Bom unnie did mention.

 

I call Bom unnie right away while I'm feeling nervous and trembling. When I never contacted her, I hurriedly took my keys, running towards the garage were my car place and drove going to Bom unnie's house. I don't care if its late hour, I will drive going to Bom unnie's house no matter what and decided to leave with her to Canada as soon as possible.

 

But when I arrive to her place, she is not around and no one is at her home. There is this note that "Owner is away so come back later." that place at the gate and saw an envelop with my name written.

 

The letter wrote..

 

Sorry Karen if this is so sudden, I will explain everything after I come back.

You cannot contact me on my phone and please calm down.

Sorry and thank you for understanding.

 

Bom unnie

 

I don't know what to do at the moment and keeps dialing Bom unnie's number. I stay there for about an hour, sitting on the ground and still calling Bom unnie but I cannot still reach her. After that, I decided to leave and go home.

 

It's already 2:00 o'clock in the morning, I feel so anxious and couldn't walk properly. But all of a sudden, I collapse. 

 

"Noona?" Dongwoon calls me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dongwoon POV

 

It was 2:00 o'clock in the morning when I woke up because of thirsty. I took the pincher beside our bed but it was empty. I decided to go to the kitchen and drink there instead. After drinking some water, I went back to our room and continue my sleeping journey when I saw Karen noona entering our house.

 

I was confuse on why she's entering the house at this hour, I call her but no response until I approach her. 

 

"Noona?" I call her.

 

As I was near her, she suddenly collapse in front of me and thanks God I catch her before she reach the ground. I call for a help and carry noona into the sofa.

 

"Umma! Appa! Help me! Something happen." I shouted.

 

"What happen?" Dujun hyung hurriedly runs towards us.

 

"I don't know, Hyung. When I was near her, she suddenly collapse." I said while slowly lay her on the sofa.

 

"Oh my God! What happen to her?" Mom said worriedly and shock.

 

"Sweetie.. What happen? Are you sick? Dujun please call an ambulance." Mom added.

 

"Honey, please calm down. You might be like her. Please. Drink some water, here." Dad said and take Mom to sit.

 

We all panic a little bit on what happen since this is the first time we encounter this incident of Karen noona. We didn't call some ambulance instead I just drove Karen noona to the nearest hospital with Dad and Mom. 

 

We really don't know what had happened to her earlier. As we arrive in the hospital, some nurses quickly attend us and check Karen noona's condition. After 15 minutes, the Doctor approach us and tell us her condition at the moment.

 

"Are you the parents of the patient?" the Doctor ask.

 

"Yes, is she okay? How's her condition, Doc?" Mom ask.

 

"She's fine.. All are stable and tomorrow she can go home. There's no any signs or symptoms that she is sick. She is just stressed and need to some good rest. I gave her some medicine that she can sleep properly." the Doctor said.

 

"So don't worry cause she's definitely healthy." the Doctor added and left.

 

It's good to hear what Karen noona's condition and we can calmly rest for tonight. I call Dujun hyung for what the Doctor told us. We stay in the hospital to watch for noona. Mom and Dad don't want to leave Karen noona's side. I went to the nursing station to ask an extra bed to let Mom and Dad take some sleep while staying at the hospital.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karen POV

 

Waking up in a white room with distracting thing in my left hand. I saw Dongwoon sleeping in the bedside and I don't know why I'm here. 

 

I saw a woman wearing a nurse uniform smiling at me and checks something at the side of my bed. She ask me if I'm okay and I ask her if where I am. Then suddenly Dongwoon wakes up and ask me if I'm okay.

 

"Thank God you're okay." Dongwoon said.

 

"She can go home later or tomorrow if you may." the nurse informs Dongwoon and left.

 

"Okay thanks!" Dongwoon said.

 

"Noona~ we are so worried about you. By the way, Mom and Dad went home and will be back to get some food for you." Dongwoon said while helping me to sit on the bed.

 

"Oh you're awake. Thanks God! How are you feeling?" Kikwang said who just enter the room.

 

It gives me the idea on what had happen to me last night. The old letters that Kikwang gave me and about Yoseob. I ask Dongwoon for my phone and dial Bom unnie's phone but still, not be contacted.

 

"Noona, what happen to you last night?" Dongwoon ask.

 

I never hear what Dongwoon ask me, I was blank that I don't know what to do and thinking what may happen to Yoseob. I call Gayoon to reserve me some flight for Canada as soon as possible. I was desperate to go alone because I'm clueless and I am eager to know what may happen to Yoseob since I cannot contact them.

 

"Noona!" Dongwoon shouts.

 

"Why are you acting like this? I'm asking you and you don't response. Please answer me." Dongwoon added.

 

"Dongwoon.. Please calm down." Kikwang interrupt.

 

"Woon-ah, his Mom passed away and he got into an accident. What I should I do now?" I said and started to cry.

 

"Ssssshhhh.. Please calm down." Kikwang said and hugs me to calm down.

 

Kikwang POV

 

After the Doctor calms her down, my parents and her parents arrives. Dongwoon told them about what happen to her earlier. I update Dujun hyung about Karen's condition and he will call their cousin Jiyoung hyung if he can help them out.

 

I try to call Bom noona but also me couldn't reach her. What had happen to them and it was so sudden. And I forgot about what I gave Karen yesterday. Does she reads all already? I will ask her later if she's okay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 month..

 

2 months..

 

5 months..

 

8 months..

 

1 year..

 

Its been one year since the incident, Jiyoung informs them that Yoseob and his family is not living in their house since his Mom was hospitalized. They have no also other people to ask or contact to call if where they moved. They are also surprise for what had happen and wanting to help what they can do.

 

They also ask some Bom's employees but no one of them knows. Daesung on the other hand was clueless for what happen. They just disappear like bubbles in the air. Song family supports Karen, go on trips locally, and spend more time to each other.

 

Kikwang and Karen are starting to date, actually they are a couple already and happy being together. They are about 3 months in a relationship, Kikwang helps Karen with her museum while Karen also helps Kikwang to his bakery shop. Kikwang helps Karen to move on, starts a new journey with him.

 

Flashback...

 

Karen POV

 

It's been 6 months since I lost of contacts with Yoseob and Bom unnie. I feel sad that this things happened but I hope there's a reason behind things unsolved problems. Since then Kikwang is always by my side, he never leaves me and always surprises me with little things such as foods, bouquets and ever letters.

 

It gives me feel loved by him, not only him actually but also the people who are always there for me, my family. Mom told me that life is short and life goes on. We don't actually know what had happened to them or they just don't want me to be worried. If Yoseob and Bom unnie came back, I should listen to their explain and face them.

 

Kikwang asked me to go on a date, go to amusement, walking around and have some fun. Kikwang has a big help to feel me better, Kikwang pushed me to build a small school for kids and he will help me out to find a good spot.

 

For more than 3 months of going out with him, he surprises me with an event and asked me to be his girlfriend. Dongwoon, Chaerin and Hyuna were his accomplice.

 

I was about to go to my museum to have a meeting with a teacher to have a reservation for the student to visit my museum for a day. When suddenly, Kikwang send me some message and told me to meet him on the bakery shop.

 

"Mom, I will not eat dinner here later. Bye." I said and kiss my Mom on the cheek who is busy watering the plans.

 

"Okay.. Drive safety and don't skip lunch." Mom said.

 

I went to my car, fasten my seatbelt and drove. While I was driving, my phone receive some message. Since the stop light is red, I took it from my bag and read.

 

From: Kikwang 

 

Don't forget what I told you earlier. I'll be waiting for you, okay?

By the way, I'll just pick you up from your museum.

Be prepare by 5pm, okay? See you!

 

I was smiling while reading the message and I don't know what is up with him again. I just realized that somehow I forgot thinking about Yoseob and Bom unnie. How are them today? What are they doing right now? Kikwang really helps me to just let them forget and move on. And then, the green lights and I starts the car.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kikwang POV

 

"Are you sure she will love this and answer her "Yes" to me?" I asked Dongwoon.

 

"She will definitely love this. I'm her brother anyway." Dongwoon said while busy on what he is doing.

 

"Are you okay?" Hyuna approached me.

 

"I'm a little bit nervous.. Just a bit." I said.

 

"This will be definitely a yes to her." Chaerin said while busy doing the jam cookies into bouquet.

 

As time goes by, I feel so nervous and couldn't be so calm. This is my first time to done this kind of event in my entire life. I prepared myself, wear a confortable suit and went to the comfort room to pratice my lines for later. Ramon appa and Susan umma help me with my lines, they just check it if its not too sweet and judge me on how I will act with her.

 

I checked my watch, 10 minutes to go and 5:00 o'clock will come. Dongwoon calls me to get out and get ready. As I went outside, I saw my coffee shop so elegant but simple. The tables and chairs was put on my bakery shop, my bar station was covered with big cloth and my cashier station as well while my bakery shop on the side was so dark. 

 

This people are so awesome, they are big help and this event hopefully will be success. I can't do this by my own, I thank God with this people I have. I said.

 

"Ready?" Hyuna said.

 

"Ready!" I response.

 

I went to the museum to fetch Karen and brought him to my coffeeshop. Dongwoon prepared a red carpet on the entrance and Hyuna will be waiting at the entrance to give Karen a simple present.

 

As I arrive to her museum, Gayoon gives me a sign that Karen is now waiting at the lobby. I went inside slowly to see what she is doing.

 

"Hi there!" I said.

 

"Oh! Hi!" Karen said who got startled.

 

"Let's go?" I said as I go near her.

 

"Have a wonderful night for the both of you." Gayoon said.

 

I just give him a wink in response and left.

 

As we went outside, I grab her hand and hold it tight. She just smiled and continue to walk with me.

 

"Where's your car?" Karen said who got confuse.

 

"We will not using any vehicle. Just follow me, okay?" I said and smile at her.

 

"Okay.." Karen said and smiles at me.

 

As we arrived at my bakery shop lashed cooffeshop, Hyuna welcomes us and give Karen a bouquet of jam cookies. She was so surprised and so happy that instead of flowers she saw bunch of jam cookies.

 

"Wow! Thank you Hyuna." Karen said.

 

I guided her to go inside, let her sit on the table and left her for awhile. I give Dongwoon a sign to play the video that I prepared two days ago. It was a video about us from when the first time we met until the present. I saw her tears falling from her eyes while smiling.

 

After 5 minutes, the video ends with the message of "Can you be that girl that I call my girlfriend?".

 

And then, I went near her, hugs her tight and wipe the tears on her eyes. Suddenly, she gave her "yes" to me.

 

"Yes, Kikwang.. Yes.." Karen said while crying.

 

I was so happy at that time and hug her tight again. I couldn't explain but I'm so happy for what she said. I forgot to say my lines since she already say her "yes".

 

"Thank you!" I said and kiss her on the forehead.

 

Flashback ends..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------