Chapter 24 Welcome to K's Bakery Shop

Sketches Of My Life

Kikwang POV

I woke up at 4:00 in the morning before my alarm clocks alarm. I usually woke up at 7:00 in the morning or 8:00 but i guess I'm just too excited for today's event.

 

Its been a new world for me since this is my first time doing this kind of responsibility alone. There are maybe alot of things that I was worried but at the end, I will make sure this business of mine will success in the future.

 

I got up from my bed to take some shower but before that, I take a peek from my window to see Song's family house and trying to find out if Karen is already awaken through her window room but maybe its too early for her to wake up at this hour.

 

"I have something for you later... I hope you will be happy." I said while staring at her room window.

 

After that I went directly to the bathroom and take a shower.

 

Karen POV

 

I woke up at 6:00 in the morning, take my shower and wear my comfortable outfit. I'm so excited for today's event and ready to eat those pastries. My tummy will be so happy later, I really love pastries especially jam cookies and mocha cake. Although Mom don't want me to eat many sweets, I just hide it from her or avoid her everytime I bought some of those.

 

I went directly to the dining area to have my breakfast since I feel that my whole family is awaken and already taking their breakfast because I can hear their voices from the stairs.

 

As I arrive in the dining area, I greeted everyone a good morning with hugs and kisses while Dad give me a big hug and a kiss on my forehead.

 

"Where's Mom?" I ask while sitting on the dining chair.

 

"She's helping Mom to cook some dishes for Kikwang's event later." Gina unni said while giving Junnie a bottled of milk.

 

"Oh.. I see.." I said and starts to eat.

 

After having our breakfast, I personally take care of washing the dishes while my other family members went to the living room to watch some TV shows.

 

Dongwoon who is helping me washing the dishes is so quiet and it keeps bothering me. To the point that there is something going on with him and I don't know how to ask about it.

 

"Is there something wrong, Wonnie?" I suddenly ask.

 

"Nothing.. I'm just thinking about what will happen later.. Dongwoon said and look at me with smile on his face.

 

"What are you talking about huh?" I said staring at him.

 

"Dongwoon..." I added.

 

"Nuna.. Nothing.." Dongwoon said and laugh this time.

 

I don't get it why Dongwoon is acting like that, did I do something wrong or there would be something happen later?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dongwoon POV

 

All of us are preparing to go together to Kikwang's event while Mom is still in Han's family. Dujun hyung, Dad, Gina nuna, Junnie and my family are now ready to go except to Karen nuna who is still in her room.

 

"Nuna.. Nuna.." I shouted her downstairs.

 

"Coming.." Karen nuna said.

 

As I go back to the outside, I saw Han's family members gathering slowly in the other van getting ready and my whole family as well to another van. I saw Mom coming towards me and ask for something.

 

"Can you tell your sister to just ride in Kikwang's car?" Mom said.

 

"Okay Mom.." I said and comeback to Karen nuna's room.

 

"Nuna.. Mom said that you will just ride Kikwang's car." I knock the door and said.

 

"What!!!" Karen nuna suddenly opens the door and said.

 

I was startle the moment she opens the door and saw her who got surprise.

 

"Yes.. You heard it right.. Just what I've told you earlier that you will be riding in Kikwang's car.. With Kikwang hyung.." I said teasing her.

 

"Okay.." Karen nuna said and slowly closing the door.

 

"Sorry.." I whisper and went outisde.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going to bakery shop....

 

Kikwang and Karen are so quiet inside the car, Kikwang is so happy but feeling awkward and even Karen feel the same way. A lot of time they were like this but its still awkward for the both of them. They should have to be comfortable like in the past.

 

"Why Mom always doing this?" Karen said in her mind.

 

"So awkward and I don't like this.." she added.

 

And then Kikwang starts to talk and ask her about later's event.

 

"Did you bring any gift for my bakery's opening?" Kikwang ask.

 

"Ooooohhh.. About that? I have but I will give it to you after 5 days. I'm not yet done." Karen said while not looking at him.

 

"Oh really? Thank you in advance..." Kikwang said.

 

"You're welcome..." Karen said while still not looking at him.

 

As they arrive at the stop light and it turn into red. Karen finally look at Kikwang and suddenly talk about their situation.

 

"Kikwang..." Karen said and move a little to face him.

 

"What?" Kikwang said and they stare at each other.

 

"I just want to clarify you Kikwang... Why are you doing this? I know my Mom plan this thing to ride with you but.. Do your memories came back?" Karen said frankly.

 

"Stop making me confuse, Kikwang. It's not even worth it coz my heart is starting to love someone who is never like you." Karen added.

 

"Huh???" Kikwang said who got startle on what Karen ask him.

 

"Do I have to tell you again?" Karen said and lean on the car seat.

 

"What do you mean? " the only word he can say in that moment because the stop light turn to green..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The event starts at 9am, Kikwang did the ribbon cutting, the Priest held a mass and give the bakery shop bless. After the ceremony, they now have their meal and one by one went to the big table where the food is. Bom nuna and Yosoeb are a bit late but somehow attend the event without hesitation.

 

Kikwang's bakery shop is quite big because it has a coffeeshop in the other side. He put some small stage for later's celebration and introduce the bakery shop properly to the visitors who came. Meanwhile, Karen is busy wandering around the bakery shop with a smile on her face while Yoseob is accompanying her.

 

"Looks like your sister is busy right now.." Dujun said.

 

"Yeah.. Looks like she's in heaven with her buddy guard I guess.. Hehehe." Dongwoon said.

 

"By the way, did you prepare yourself?" Dujun suddenly ask.

 

"Not yet.. Hyung.. Please not now.. Please?" Dongwoon said.

 

"Its okay.. I'm here to help. Just don't stress yourself so don't worry." Dujun said and put his hand to Dongwoon's shoulder.

 

"Really?! Thanks, Hyung!" Dongwoon said who feel relief and smile.

 

After eating their meal, Kikwang starts his greetings and they give him their attention.

 

"Good afternoon everyone!" Kikwang starts.

 

"Thank you for giving me your time to celebrate together this important day of my life. This maybe my first business to build alone but I hope you will help me and guide me in my success." Kikwang said.

 

"I thank my family who are always been there to support, love, care, guide and give me some advices that now I am applying for. I would like you guys to know that I have an inspiration that's I build this kind of business. She always wants me to do or to have this kind of business in the future when we are kids. Yes, she is a girl, the one who I never forgot when I have my amnesia. The one who always encourage me  to do I want in life, the one who give me a different kind of love. Lastly, the girl who always in my mind and heart." Kikwang said while staring at Karen who sits in the first row table with her family.

 

Kikwang went to Karen and want to take her hand, Karen who was surprise just let herself go and take Kikwang's offer while Yoseob feels so awkward. She wants to stop herself but Yoseob let her go and her family as well.

 

"She.." Kikwang said and brought Karen on the stage together while their families are on shock and surprise as well.

 

"The girl I was talking about..." Kikwang said proudly.

 

"Me?" Karen said and pointing at her self.

 

"So this is the person who push me to made this kind of business. Let us give her around of applause. My inspiration." Kikwang said while holding Karen's hand.

 

"Stop this non-sense thing, Kikwang. Like I told you earlier when were together in car. Stop it. It's not even worth it. I'm sorry." Karen said and run outside.

 

"Wait! Karen.. Please don't leave." Kikwang said and run outside to stop Karen.

 

Everyone in the crowd went awkward and feel so sad especially both family. Dujun, Bom and Dongwoon who knew about the plan feel so sad and didn't expect to happen. Mr. Song comforts his wife who is starting to cry while Mrs. Han went to the stage and decided to end the celebration. 

 

Meanwhile, Kikwang stops Karen from running and they are now infront of Karen's building. 

 

"Karen, please stop, please.." Kikwang grab Karen's arm and stop.

 

"Does really your memories back or you just lied?" Karen said while crying and never face Kikwang.

 

"Sorry.." Kikwang said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------