Chapter 17 Dongwoon and Chaerin’s Wedding

Sketches Of My Life

Karen POV

 

“Dori, wake up.. Its morning already we need to prepare. We need to fetch your Mom to the hotel.” I said while preparing the dresses that we will be wearing at the wedding.

 

It’s Dongwoon and Chaerin’s wedding day and I volunteer again myself to take care of their daughter. Chaerin slept last night at the hotel together with her parents who arrive from New York last night and Dongwoon slept at the house.

 

“Girls, are you awake?” Dongwoon ask while knocking the door.

 

“Yes, we are!” I said and open the door of my room.

 

Dori get up from my bed and went to her Appa. While rubbing her eyes and walk like a zombie.

 

“Hi Appa…Good Morning… ” Dori said while not totally awake.

 

“Ohhh.. Come to Appa..” Dongwoon said and carry her daughter.

 

“Okay.. Let’s take some shower and get dress.” I said.

 

“Okay.. Where do you want to take your shower baby? With Appa or Karen noona?” Dongwoon ask her daughter.

 

“Hmmmmmm…” Dori think.

 

“Pretty unnie..” Dori said with a big smile.

 

“Okay..” Dongwoon said and let Dori get down from carrying.

 

“Let’s go!” I said and went to the bathroom with Dori to take our shower together.

 

After we get some shower, I blow dry Dori’s hair, put some little amount of makeup and let me wear her pink cute dress. I curl her hair and put some cute silver crown and wear her white sandals. After she’s done, I let her sit on my bed and wait for me to be done. I hurriedly get dress, put some makeup, lipstick and wear my sandals with heels.

 

“Sweetie, are you done?” Mom said while knocking the door of my room.

 

“Yes.. Wait a minute.. You can come in.” I said while putting some perfume on my body and for Dori also.

 

“Oh hi! My little princess.” Mom said while entering my room saw Dori sitting on my bed.

 

Mom carries Dori and kiss her.

 

“I’m done! Let’s go!” I said.

 

“Anyway, Sweetie can you go to your brother and tell him that we will be going to the church now.” Mom asks me a favor.

 

“Okay!” I said locking my room while Dori and Umma went downstairs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dongwoon POV

 

I feel so nervous and couldn’t explain my feels today. Chaerin and I will be getting married today and Chaerin will be carrying my last name forever. Woah! This is it! Hwaiting!

 

“Are you ready?” Dujun hyung said while entering my room.

 

“I feel kinda nervous, hyung.” I said smiling.

 

“This family gets bigger and bigger.” Dujun hyung said facing me while helping me with my neck tie.

 

“Hello there!” Karen noona enter my room.

 

“Woaaah.. It’s that you noona? You are so pretty.” I said amazingly.

 

“Of course.. She’s pretty..” Dujun hyung said.

 

“Oh really? Liar..” Karen noona said and went to the center between me and Dujun hyung.

 

Dujun hyung wink at me and I know what he means.

 

“Hamburger hug!” Dujun hyung said.

 

We hamburger hug Karen noona and she was laughing hard at that moment.

 

“Wait!! Enough… already… I… can’t… breathe… properly...” Karen noona said laughing hard.

 

“My make up will be gone.. Please.. Hahahaha...” she added.

 

We let go of hugging her and let her fix herself.

 

“Anyway, let’s go downstairs. Appa, Umma and Dori are waiting already.” Dujun hyung said.

 

We went downstairs together with Dujun hyung while Karen noona holding my hands smiling. Where’s everybody?

 

“I think they went already outside.” Karen noona said.

 

We proceed to the outside and saw Gina noona carrying Junnie together with Dad, Mom, and Dori at the gate waiting for us. Dori run towards me and said.

 

“Daddy we will be late. Mommy is waiting for you.” Dori said while dragging me towards the gate.

 

“Okay… Okay…” I said while Dori dragging me.

 

Karen noona will be riding her new car together with Dori while the others will be riding the van with me. Karen noona will fetch Chaerin at the hotel and will be proceed to the church where our wedding ceremony will be held.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karen POV

 

I was driving my new car on the front seat while my cute little niece beside me busy playing with my iPad. It’s a big day today, Dongwoon and Chaerin’s wedding. Finally, Chaerin will be carrying our last name and will be a part of our family until forever.

 

My phone suddenly rings and I answer it with my wireless headset.

 

“Hello?” I said.

 

“Unnie, kindly go straight to the church and don’t fetch me at the hotel. My brother will give me some ride going to the church.” Chaerin said in the other line.

 

“Are you sure?” I said.

 

“100% sure..” Chaerin said.

 

“Okay..” I said and we hang up together.

 

I go straight to the church as what Chaerin told me. Dori who is focusing on my iPad didn’t dare to talk to her Mom..

 

“Are you doing fine there little girl?” I ask her.

 

“Yes Pretty unnie.. I’m just doing so.. so.. fine..” Dori said while smiling.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As we arrive at the church, I saw some people outside waiting for the bride to arrive. I saw Bom unnie wearing a white mini dress holding a bouquet of flowers with Mom, Dad, Mrs Han together with Kikwang and Hyuna. His Dad has a business trip to Malaysia that’s why he’s not present.

 

“Karen!” Bom unnie calls while waving at us.

 

“Hi everyone!” I said and greeted all the people who are present at the event.

 

“Say “hi” to everyone Dori.” I said to Dori.

 

“Hi everyone..” Dori said while bowing.

 

“You look so lovely huh..” Bom unnie said and gave me a bouquet of flowers.

 

“And you will be a one day Mom with Dori?” Bom unnie said teasing me and smile.

 

“Sort of..” I said and smile at her.

 

While Dori is staying beside me holding my hand, Mom saw a white car and knows that it was Chaerin. She then informs everyone to go inside to start the wedding ceremony. So everyone went inside while Bom unnie, I and Dori are still standing there to wait for the bride. I saw Chaerin’s parents get out from the car first, followed by her brother and finally Chaerin. Chaerin was the most beautiful and lovely bride I ever saw in my entire life. I think Dori was on shock when how lovely her Mom is.

 

“Let’s go…” Bom unnie said.

 

“Dori let’s go.. We will be first walking in the aisle before your Mommy.” I said.

 

As we walk towards the entrance, I saw Kikwang and Hyuna. I’m not feeling well every time they are together, I don’t know why. Maybe because I’m jealous? Nooooo!! I only said that in my mind.

 

Dongwoon started to walk into the aisle together with Umma and Appa beside him, followed by Dujun opppa with Gina unnie carrying their son Junnie, followed by the Best Man who is Kikwang and the Maid of Honor who is me. We didn’t walk together because I suggest not too. Followed by the other sponsors of the entourage, and the second to the last was none other than our cute little girl, Dori who is the highest flower girl of all. She said that with hands crossed earlier. Lastly, the bride of the wedding Chaerin together with her Mom and Dad beside her.

 

As the Runaway song play, I saw Dongwoon cry. Our little boy is now a Man with her lovely wife. As Chaerin arrives at the altar together with her parents, Chaerin’s Dad said to Dongwoon.

 

“Always take care of my daughter and my granddaughter.” Mr. Lee said while hugging Dongwoon.

 

“I will always do that, Sir.” Dongwoon responded.

 

“Appa..” Mr. Lee said.

 

“Okay, Appa..” Dongwoon said.

 

Chaerin’s Mom just hugs Dongwoon without any words because of emotional feelings. Chaerin also crying and couldn’t stop herself. As Dongwoon take Chaerin’s hand from her Dad. They went infront of the altar and start the ceremony.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 1 hour ceremony at the church and get some photo shoot with family, relatives and friends. They are heading to the venue where the reception will be held at Lee’s hotel where Chaerin’s brother owns.

 

Mrs. Song who saw her daughter carrying her Dori in her arms, bother and approach her.

 

“Sweetie, are you okay? Why don’t you go home and get rest with Dori?” Mrs. Han said.

 

“It’s okay, Mom..” Karen said who got surprise.

 

“Are you sure? You’ll get tired of carrying this little angel.” Mrs. Song said.

 

“Do you want some help?” Kikwang suddenly approach with Hyuna and Bom.

 

“No.. I’m okay..” Karen said.

 

“Karen let Kikwang carry Dori instead of you..” Bom suggested.

 

Mrs. Song and Hyuna agree on what Bom said, Karen then gives Dori to Kikwang. Kikwang slowly took Dori to Karen’s arm to avoid waking her up. The newlyweds then approach them.

 

“Hi guys!” Chaerin and Dongwoon said.

 

“Congratulations!” Bom said and hug the newlyweds.

 

“Thank you, Bom unnie!” Chaerin said.

 

“Dori is already falling asleep?” Dongwoon said.

 

“Sorry noona for letting you take care of our daughter.” Chaerin said who is worried.

 

“No, it’s okay.. Don’t worry yourself guys.. It’s your special day.. Don’t mind me and enjoy your day..” Karen said.

 

“Why don’t you go home first and rest with Dori. I bet you’re tired. It’s okay if you’re not in the reception.” Chaerin said.

 

All of them agree and Dongwoon suggested Kikwang to go with them and let him drive the car instead of Karen. Karen then refuses that she can do it by herself. But Dongwoon forced her to let Kikwang drive them going home. Mrs. Song also inform her that it will be safe for her because Kikwang is with them. Karen then agrees because no one was on her side, even Bom and Dongwoon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Karen POV

 

Kikwang was driving my new car while me sitting at the front seat beside him. Dori who is still sleeping was at the back lying down. We are so silent and no one dares to talk or open a topic.

 

Feels like Kikwang always peeking at me every time we stop at the stop light. But I didn’t dare to peek on him also.

 

As we arrive, Kikwang quickly get out from the car and went to Dori. I was startle on what he is doing and smile for a moment. He then slowly carries Dori to his arms gently.

 

“Can you please unlock the gate and the door?” Kikwang said.

 

“Sure.. Sorry for bothering you..” I said while hurriedly opens the gate.

 

“It’s okay.. Dori is not that heavy to carry.” Kikwang said and smile at me.

 

“Are sure?” I said and went to the front door to also unlock and open it for him.

 

“Again.. It’s okay” Kikwang said while nodding.

 

As we proceed to Dori’s room to put her on her bed, Kikwang refuses that I will be the one to put Dori on her bed. Seeing him like that is realizing that he will be a good father someday. He even kiss Dori’s forehead and slowly close the door.

 

“By the way, thank you for what you’ve gone today for Dori and me.” I said.

 

“No problem.. It’s not that big..” Kikwang said and smiling.

 

“Do you want something to eat?” I said while we walk downstairs.

 

“Ahmmm… No, thanks.. It’s okay..” Kikwang refuse.

 

“No.. You don’t have to refuse. Let’s go to the kitchen and eat some tuna sandwich.” I said while dragging Kikwang.

 

I just notice that I was dragging Kikwang with my own hands. I stop myself, let go of his hand and went to the fridge to take the tuna spread. After making some tuna sandwich and orange juice, we proceed to the pool area to eat our snack.

 

I never thought that I forgot that moment that I should stop being close with him. Avoiding him is useless because he let himself close to me. But she has a relationship with Hyuna and I don’t want that to be the reason of their break up.

 

I just let it pass and let our conversation long. By tomorrow I will let remind myself to slowly avoid him.

 

We talk a lot of things like what happen to him after the accident, his planning to build a bakery shop or a coffee shop and his recovering of his amnesia. He didn’t mention about Hyuna on where, how and when did they meet. I didn’t ask it also because I’m not comfortable. I told him that I am planning to build a small museum for Seunghyun oppa’s paint and my sketches. He was so happy the moment I mention it and he wants to be present in the opening.

 

Talking to Kikwang like that was so different like he doesn’t have amnesia. He even said that it was my promise to my Seunghyun oppa. Maybe Bom unnie mention it to him because there are close cousin.