Tolerance

I'm a Loner

Chapter 5 – The Tolerance

 

 

Somehow Yonghwa found the energy to run 10 minutes straight through the extremely unfavorable conditions while holding a girl that was surely more than a hundred pounds. The sigh of relief he gave off once he threw her onto the bed and plopped down onto it himself, was possibly the most refreshing sigh he had ever experienced. He wanted to sleep or at least just lay there forever. Common sense told him that it wouldn’t be such a good idea and he stood back up. He was a little annoyed that he had to take care of such a troublesome person, but the damage was done. He paid no attention to his drenched clothes and focused his gaze on the girl in front of him.

After giving her a slight glare, he realized that her clothes were leaving a wonderful wet stain on his neat and tidy bed. He wearily shuffled to the bathroom and picked up a clean towel to dry her still dripping hair. Luckily his mother was in Busan for an extended period of time with his aunt or else he risked her coming in to meet him ‘in bed’ with a strange girl. He gently picked up her head and began to rub the cold water out of her hair. As he had expected, there was no power in his small apartment but luckily he had a flashlight ready for just this kind of occasion. Once he was satisfied with the dryness of her hair, he recognized the fact that her clothes were also one of the large problems on his hands. If he didn’t get them off of her she would continue to soak his bed and she risked catching a cold.

“Hey, you, wake up,” he called out to her. “Ugh, wake up!” With every time he called for her to wake up, he added more force in his voice. Soon enough, he began to lightly slap her cheeks in order to get her up. None of his strategies were working and he began to lose his patience. He would have splashed a bucket of cold water on her, but he dismissed the ridiculous thought as soon as it crossed his mind. After a five minute struggle to try to get her to wake up, he gave up. She was still alive; her slow and steady breath indicated that she was. However, she was still knocked out completely.

Then another ridiculous thought crossed his mind. He would have to undress her himself. As emotionless as Yonghwa made himself out to be, even he couldn’t fight back the blush that covered his cheeks. He shined the flashlight over her chest and then chuckled.

“As if there’s anything to see there anyways…” he joked. He wasn’t usually that erted, and if the situation were different, checking out her s would be the last thing he did. He decided that it was his last choice or else she would get sick and somehow the blame would fall on him. Yonghwa was still a little hesitant about doing something like that, but it was pretty much the only way out now. With another groan, he reluctantly stood up and began to search his drawer for something she could wear. Eventually he pulled out a large, plain, blue shirt and some yellow and green pajama bottoms that he supposed were good enough.

To save her the humiliation of being seen by him, he grabbed a scarf from the closet that his mother had given him for a birthday a few years back and wrapped it around his eyes. He tightened his makeshift blindfold as tight as possible to keep his eyes from wandering into places they shouldn’t. No matter how much he didn’t like her, he was technically still a walking bag of hormones. It would have been a good idea to put the blindfold on next to the bed, because getting across the room was a painful task. Once his toe allowed him to walk again, he finally reached her side.

He sat on the edge of the bed and allowed his hands to search for the collar of her shirt. Yonghwa tried his hardest to avoid any spot that his hands should not be in while doing this. The blindfold was tied tight enough to constrict the blood flow in his head, so he decided that he definitely would see nothing. Slowly his hands worked their way down the shirt, pushing each button out of their respective holes. Once he reached the bottom of her shirt he managed to get her to sit up so he could remove it. Eventually the wet shirt hit the ground, leaving her exposed chest for anyone in the room to see. Yonghwa took the large shirt and began to slide it over her head but a moist piece of clothing prevented him from continuing. The lacy texture of the garment indicated that it was something he was definitely NOT supposed to be in contact with.

“AISH!!” he exclaimed in frustration. Even in the dark conditions and with the blindfold on, he really did not want to remove THAT kind of clothing. He knew that if he didn’t take it off, it would just soak the shirt and defeat the purpose of redressing her. Hesitantly he explored Seohyun’s back, searching for the place where the piece of clothing known as a bra was clasped on. Had he had his eyes open, he would have been able to see her coming back to life.

“Where am I? What happened?” Seohyun thought to herself. She felt cold but she couldn’t pinpoint why. There was a sensation of being wet, then the image of the storm flashed through her mind. Her body felt like it was made out of bricks. Her brain told her body to move but it wasn’t listening. Every second that passed, her nerves came more and more under her control. In time, she felt an area of warmth on her back. She welcomed the feeling as she was not enjoying the cold feeling biting the rest of her body. In an instant, a flash of light brought her back to the real world. The power had come back on, but sadly Yonghwa had not noticed it due to how tight his blindfold was.

Seohyun’s eyes took a few seconds to get adjusted to her surroundings. Her vision was blurry, but she could make out something large in front of her. She didn’t know what it was, she just knew there was an object there. Second by second, her eyes made out more and more of the nearby thing. Finally, the feeling in her body returned and she realized the person in front of her was the source of the warmth on her back. When her vision finally made its way back to her, she noticed the shirt on the ground, the hands on her back and the pair of s exposed to the world.

“BYUNTAE!!!!!!! !!! HELP SOMEONE IS ME!!!” she shrieked. As Yonghwa was not expecting the sudden outburst, his senses were overloaded and he remained frozen on the spot. Seohyun flailed around, landing a well-placed right hook on his nose. A slight crack was heard and Yonghwa was thrown a few feet away from the bed as he fell off. “Who are you and why are you touching me!?! Where am I!?!”

“Are you freaking crazy?! It’s just me, Yonghwa!” he yelled back in response. “What the hell are you doing?!”

“What am I doing? What the hell are YOU doing?! Where am I and why are you touching me like that? Is this what kind of person you really are Jung Yonghwa?” she questioned bitterly. Seohyun picked up her wet shirt and threw it on hastily to cover her womanly assets. Yonghwa stood up clasping his now leaking nose and tore off the blindfold to give her a glare.

“I just saved your life, you crazy , that’s what I’m doing! You fainted out by the school and I had to carry your fat for 10 minutes straight while running through arguably the worst storm of the year. I was just taking off your clothes to get you into something dry. If I really wanted to look at you , do you think I would blindfold myself?” Yonghwa asked. Seohyun shot him a disbelieving stare, still sure that he was trying to pull something on her. She then noticed the way his clothes stuck to him in an unnatural manner and the still raging storm going on outside.

“If you were just taking off my wet clothes, how come you have a nosebleed? Last time I checked, people only get nosebleeds from this situation if they’re getting aroused by it,” she reasoned.

“Are you alright in the head or are you just an idiot? I have a nosebleed because this crazy person that I shouldn’t have saved just threw a bone-breaking punch at me!” he yelled in response. “Are you satisfied now?”

Seohyun put all the pieces of the puzzle together and brought down her guard. “Oh… um I’m sorry,” she awkwardly told him. “Are you alright?”

“Does it look like I’m alright? My nose is bleeding, no I’m not alright. This is what I get for helping you. Be sure that I won’t help you again,” he angrily stated. “Stay here, I will be back once I get this thing to stop bleeding.” After barking his last order he shuffled out of the room still nursing his painful wound. Seohyun looked around the room and found it strange. She had always been raised in luxury and she had never seen a poor person’s house in person. She had seen dramas on T.V. that showed it, but the sight in front of her didn’t match the stereotype. It was a rather simple room, but it was very neat and tidy. If anyone saw the room, they would never be able to guess that a teenage boy that lived alone occupied the room.

Shelves were covered in books in all the subjects that they had covered throughout high school. Seohyun had always been a ‘nerd’ but even she didn’t have that many books. The books looked like they were organized thoroughly and with some sort of system. She expected to find clothes thrown here and there or maybe the smell of a typical boy’s room but she saw none of that. She took a peek into the closet and noticed all his clothes neatly hung on the hangers with not so much as a wrinkle on anything. Of course, she was met with the sight of only black clothes, matching Yonghwa’s dark style. The only bright thing in there was the white shirts belonging to the school uniform.

“What a neat freak…” she mumbled to herself, not knowing that Yonghwa had came back into the room.

“I may be a neat freak, but at least I’m not rude like you. Didn’t your parents teach you that it’s rude to look through people’s stuff without asking them?” he asked in a sarcastic manner. “The clothes that I have for you to wear are on the bed. Just put them on and give me your wet clothes, I’ll go wash them so you can wear them tomorrow.” He motioned over towards the shirt and pants that were thrown onto the bed.

An awkward silence filled the room after he had given his order. Each one of them stared the other down for a few seconds before they broke the eye contact. The silence allowed them to hear that the storm had blown over, at least for now. A loud rumble was heard in the silent room, but this time it was not the thunder that made it. A huge blush found its way onto Seohyun’s face as she clasped her hands over her roaring stomach.

“I’m going to make something to eat,” Yonghwa said, breaking the silence. “Just come out when you’re ready.” He turned to leave the room, but was stopped by a question from the girl.

“Um, is it okay if I… um… if I…” she stuttered.

“Just spit it out and stop beating around the bush,” he commanded.

“Well, it’s really embarrassing but… is it okay if I take a shower? I don’t want to get the clothes you brought me dirty or anything.” Asking to take a shower wasn’t the most embarrassing thing ever, but this was her first time at a house where only a male lived. It wasn’t right for her to be here alone with him in the first place, and it sure as hell was improper for her to take a shower there too.

“Yeah, you can use the shower right over there,” he said pointing to the small bathroom in his room. “Just leave me your clothes out here so I can get the washer started.” She gave him a small nod and let him leave the room quietly. She ran into the bathroom and stripped down to her underwear quickly, trying to get the shower over with as fast as possible. Seohyun cracked the bathroom door open and threw out her uniform.

“Surely he didn’t mean all of my clothes…” she asked herself while taking a look at the white pieces of cloth that were meant to cover areas nobody but her should see. She left those inside the bathroom as it would be way too uncomfortable for her to let him see those kinds of things. The cold ache that had been causing her bones great discomfort was washed away with the steamy water escaping the showerhead. She was sure there was no better feeling than the sensation of the hot water relieving her of all her stress.

“Yah! I told you to leave me everything out here!” Yonghwa yelled through the door. “When I meant everything, I really meant everything. Or do you plan on rewearing that wet stuff too. I need to run the machine now or else it’ll get too late. Don’t come out of the shower yet, I’m going in to get the rest of it.”

“EH!?” Seohyun yelled in response. She sat down in the bathtub and curled up into a small ball. She tried to make herself as least visible as possible from Yonghwa’s eyes. Even though the shower curtain wasn’t see through, he would still be in the same room as her body. Had she not been trying as hard as possible to stay hidden, she would have fought back. This had to be the most embarrassing night of her life. She was hiding in the bathtub, Yonghwa was in the bathroom while she was taking a shower, and he was also now picking up her bra and from the bathroom floor. It seriously could not get any worse for her even if she tried.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The smell of food assaulted Seohyun’s nostrils as she walked out of the steam-filled bathroom. She didn’t know what it was exactly, but all that mattered was that it smelled good. She had been expecting him to make something like instant ramen, but she guessed that he had actually made real food.

“I didn’t know what you would like to eat so I just made some rice and a bunch of side dishes,” he grunted in her direction. “I hope the little princess finds it to her liking.” Seohyun refrained from lashing out at the sarcastic nickname he had given her. Sure she was a rich girl, but she absolutely hated people calling her princess. Something had to be done about his unfair judgment for her, but her stomach told her that it could wait.

“Do you live here alone?” she asked, breaking the silence. At home her family never spoke, that is, if they even ate together to begin with. At school she was used to talking to her friends while they ate and it was too uncomfortable for her to just sit there and listen to the clacking of the chopsticks against the rice bowl.

“No, that room over there to the right,” he began. “That’s my mom’s room. She’s in Busan right now and I don’t know when she’s going to come back.”

“Oh, does she work there?” she continued questioning.

“No, she’s got a pretty severe form of arthritis and she can’t really work too long without her joints hurting a lot. My grandma is taking care of her or something,” he replied unemotionally.

“Oh…” Seohyun managed to reply, not knowing what else to say. She wanted to mentally slap herself for driving the conversation into uncomfortable territory but it’s not like she did it on purpose. “So, um…”

“I called Hara,” he cut her off.

“EH?! How did you find her number?” she asked stupidly.

“The school directory says hi,” he replied.

“Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit,” she let out a rather long curse. “What did you tell her!? Please tell me you didn’t tell her where I was or anything.”

“Um, that’s kinda why I called her, so yeah I told her. I told her that you got knocked out at school and that I brought you home. When she asked where you were, I told her you were in the shower. She asked me if you were going to spend the night and I told her probably not, but I don’t know. She said she would cover for you.”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Why did you tell her that?! Now she’s going to think that I have something going on with you? What kind of normal girl takes a shower at a house where a single man lives? Yonghwa you’re so stupid.”

“If I’m so stupid then why are you in my house, taking a shower in my bathroom, and eating my food?” he asked with a glare. “Just shut up and eat. I don’t care what you do tonight, so do whatever you want. I’m not going to kick you out for the night since you seem to be afraid of the rain. I don’t think calling your chauffer to this neighborhood is a good idea either.” Even though she wanted to protest, she had no other option but to agree.

“Thanks,” she sincerely replied. Seohyun gave Yonghwa a bright eye smile expressing her gratitude. When she opened her eyes, she noticed that he had a small smile on his face as well. Finally, she had seen Yonghwa smile for real. It was tiny, but it was definitely a smile regardless. When she thought about it, she found it strange just how tolerant he was being. He had helped her a few times already that day and he was allowing her to stay in his house.

“So, mind telling me why you fainted out there? Not that I care, I just want to know why I have to have someone as annoying as you in my house.” With his last statement Seohyun’s smile faded and was replaced with a glare.

“When I was six we had to go to my dad’s company in the United States. We stayed in a place called Miami and we all loved it. It was always warm and sunny and we always went to the beach and had fun. Eventually, my parents would leave me alone at the beach house since they were too busy to hang out with me.” Yonghwa noticed how curved into a frown with each word she spoke. “A hurricane came around one of those days, and nobody was around to help me. The house had a lot of windows and there was nowhere I could hide. I don’t remember anything else but I do remember my parents saying I had fainted throughout the whole storm. After that my parents were mad at me for not being a ‘big girl’ about it. They haven’t brought me with them anywhere else since then and I see them maybe once or twice a week if at all.”

Yonghwa’s expression softened a bit after hearing her story. He realized he probably had judged her too quickly. Even though she was rich, he could tell she wasn’t truly happy because of how neglecting her parents were. For some reason he felt like he should say something to console her, but he had absolutely no idea how to do something like that. He knew he would sound like an idiot, but he decided to give it a try anyways.

“I’m sure they’re just looking out for you,” he mumbled. He awkwardly shifted the rice in his bowl back and forth, avoiding eye contact. “They’re probably not bad people.”

“Eh? Are you sure this food is safe to eat because you're sounding really weird right now? Are you okay? Did you catch a fever while running in the rain?” Without realizing it she reached over the many plates of food and placed her hand on his forehead. She felt that it was hot, but it was definitely not a fever. It was probably a combination of the blush that both of them began to show once their skin made contact. “Um… sorry…” They continued their meal in silence after that. Seohyun inwardly smiled since she had found out that night that Yonghwa was in fact a regular person just like everyone else.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Can you please stop pacing around?” Yonghwa asked in an annoyed tone. He had been trying to study the next chapter in his Japanese textbook, but Seohyun’s restless walking around was very distracting. He didn’t want to be a rude host, so he decided to let her stay in his room with him, but his patience had limits.

“Oh, sorry, I’m just a little restless.” She looked over to the clock and noticed that it was already 9:00pm. Seohyun wasn’t particularly worried that her parents would find out since they never even saw her, but if they found out where she was, she would surely die.

“Go to sleep if you have nothing better to do. I’d rather study in peace if you wouldn’t mind. Actually, I’ll see you in the morning. I’m going to go study in the kitchen. I’ll make something to eat tomorrow in the morning so be ready by 7:00.” Soon enough his books were in a neat stack, ready to be moved to the kitchen table. Before he could walk out of the door a warm hand grabbed onto his.

“Don’t… don’t leave,” whimpered the girl in his room. “Please, don’t leave.” He turned around to give her a glare but saw how her worried gaze was fixed on the ground.

“What’s wrong now?” he asked, trying as hard as he could not to sound mean or rude. Being nice was definitely tiring to him, but he had to keep himself from hurting her feelings even more. As far as he could tell she was still a little shaken up from the events of today, and he wanted to avoid any sort of emotional problems she may have.

“I’m afraid. Can you stay here with me for tonight?” she asked. He gave her a stare that said ‘Do you realize what you are asking me to do?’ and tried his hardest not to laugh. “I mean…! Wait! I didn’t mean that! I was just wondering… I just wanted… Ahhhh!”

“I’m not stupid Seohyun I know what you meant,” he responded. Seohyun’s eyes moved quickly to meet his. That was the first time he had called her by her name. Usually he would call her an insulting name or troublesome woman. It felt strange for him to say that, but it felt strangely good as well. “Look, I’ll stay here just until you go to sleep. I changed the sheets so they’re not wet anymore. Once you fall asleep I’ll go stay in the living room.”

“You’re going to sleep on the couch? Now I feel bad for taking your bed…”

“It’s one of those pull out bed things. I’m fine, just go on to sleep,” he ordered. Once he realized himself what he was doing he wanted to slap himself. His image had just gone down the drain from everything that had happened today. He wanted to tell himself that he was doing it all wrong, but for some reason it felt right to help her out. As much of an annoying pain she was, there was something about her that made him want to keep her from crying. Maybe her story had gotten to him, but he really didn’t know.

Seohyun nodded and finally laid down onto the warm bed. It had been a rather long day and she really was tired. Her heavy eyes badly wanted to shut and finally enjoy a long night of sleep, but her mind kept wandering. She kept asking herself what she was doing and why things had happened like this. There she was, laying in Yonghwa’s bed, wearing Yonghwa’s clothes, asking him to ‘spend the night’ with her. She wondered what Seung Ri would tell her about the situation, but she paid no attention to that thought. Seung Ri was ‘the perfect boyfriend’ but she hadn’t seen him in almost a week. Her eyes peeked out of the covers towards Yonghwa’s hardworking figure. The clock now read 11:00pm and she still wasn’t asleep. Yonghwa continued his reading, showing no signs of boredom or sleepiness.

Seohyun abruptly closed her eyes when she noticed Yonghwa stood up and came to her side. He waved his hand in front of her face to check if she was asleep. He probably intended to sleep and was just checking if it was alright for him to leave. She felt bad for all she had put him through and she decided to up her fear and let him rest. She was startled a little when she felt his weight on the edge of the bed. Seohyun’s heart began to beat faster when she thought that he was going to lie down and sleep with her. She didn’t really have a problem with if she was honest with herself, but it was still not the right thing to do. Once she felt him get up and slowly tip toe out of the room, she gave herself a slap to punish herself for thing such a weird thought.

Another hour passed with her lying in the bed, unable to sleep. She heard a phone ring, causing her to sit up. It rang once, then twice, then eventually ten times. It continued to ring over and over, with no signs of it stopping. She assumed Yonghwa was too tired to get up so she brought up enough courage to go pick it up herself. Seohyun found her way into the living room and was met with a surprise. Yonghwa had pulled out the couch bed, but there was no sign of him around. She found it strange, but it wasn’t up to her to judge him.

“Yobuseyo?” she asked into the phone.

“Oh snap, Yonghwa yah! When did you get a change? Are you hot? Can I get your number? Oh wait, I already have it keke,” a male voice joked. Seohyun had the urge to hang up on such an immature guy, but this could be important.

“Um, this is his friend Seohyun. Are you looking for Yonghwa?” she responded.

“Woah! Yonghwa has a friend that’s a girl and spends the night with him? And here I was thinking that he would be a for life. My little dongsaeng is all grown up now!” the man excitedly yelled into the phone. He was lucky that Seohyun was worried about the call still or else the only thing he would be hearing would be the dial tone.

“I’m sorry, but that’s really rude of you to say. I’m not an easy girl that would do that. Due to a situation that came up I ended up staying here. May I know who you are so I can tell Yonghwa? He’s not here right now,” she responded through grinding teeth.

“Oh, sorry I was just kidding around. Anyways, this is Yang Jin Man, the manager at the café Yonghwa works at. He’s like a little brother to me. I’ve known him quite a while and took care of him when he was just a kid. I swear, if the cops came to pay me a visit a few years back they would have taken me away for not following child labor laws.”

“Child labor laws?”

“Yeah, that guy works too damn hard. He’s always looking for extra hours and odd jobs here and there. Ever since he was 13 he’s been working here with me, trying his hardest to get by. I bet he’s got quite a bit saved up,” Yonghwa’s boss explained.

“Oh…”

“I’m glad he has a friend though. I feel bad that because of his circumstances he was never a normal kid. He was always lonely and he never really had any friends. At work he’s nice to the customers, but that’s just due to obligation and nothing more. I don’t think he’s had a day off in all these years. He goes to school, comes to work, studies to be the number one in school, and goes to the local martial arts gym to stay in shape. I’m surprised he even has time to sleep with all that he does,” the playful man continued explaining.

“Yonghwa-shi does all of that?” she replied, adding the –shi to his name to avoid the man misunderstanding their level of closeness. “Wow, I didn’t know how hard he worked.”

“Yeah, that guy needs to chill. Well I was just calling to make sure he was alright since he never misses work. I don’t mind that he did, since I want to give him more time off. I guess he was busy helping you so it’s fine. Just tell him Jin Man told him to take it easy. If he’s out at this time of the night I’m going to kill him…”

“He’s outside right now?!” Seohyun asked. “What is he doing outside?”

“Every night around midnight when he finishes up his work here he goes out to a swing at the elementary school near his house. I think he goes out there to think or something, but I’ve never had the courage to ask. The storm is gone, but it’s still raining pretty damn hard. Knowing that idiot, he probably didn’t take an umbrella. If it’s not too much trouble could you go find him?” Jin Man pleaded.

“Um, yeah I’ll go find him. Thanks for the information Jin Man-shi. I’ll be sure to tell Yonghwa-shi you called,” Seohyun politely added.

“Alright, sorry to call so late but I just wanted to make sure Yonghwa was okay. Have a good night.” Seohyun put the phone down and rushed over to find her shoes. Luckily leather couldn’t get wet like clothes could. There was an umbrella hanging near the door which she assumed Yonghwa had either not seen, or just decided not to see. He was an idiot for going out in the pouring rain, but she wouldn’t question him. Fortunately for her, there was no thunder or lightning so she could go out without fear. She had no idea where to go, but decided to walk in one direction and hope she got to the elementary school.

Eventually the familiar building made its way into her field of view and she sped up her pace. It was strangely cold for August weather, even more so for a rainy day. Usually it was warm rain during this time of the year. Then again, they never really had storms like this during the late summer to begin with. Her random thoughts about the weather disappeared once she saw Yonghwa swinging lightly on a lonely swing at the far end of the playground. From where he was it didn’t look like he could see her, but she could see him. As she got closer and closer she began to think that “The Ice Prince” was crying. Even though it was raining and the water was running down his face, something told her that tears also made up some of it. Seeing a smile was a once in a lifetime opportunity, but seeing him crying was equal to seeing a pig fly.

Seohyun had no idea what to do in that situation. Like Yonghwa, she hadn’t really ever had to console anyone through anything serious. Had this been one of her friends, she would have an idea of what to do, but Yonghwa was different. She was afraid that if she did anything he would get angry and upset with her. If he was out here alone during a rainstorm at midnight, it was because he wanted to be alone. He probably wouldn’t appreciate her trespassing on his alone time. She couldn’t have him getting sick or else she would feel bad though. The rain stopped falling over Yonghwa, causing him to turn around.

“Oh, it’s you…” he pointed out. “What are you doing out here?” he asked the girl holding an umbrella over him.

“I could ask you the same question, but I won’t. Your friend Jin Man called you and was worried you’d be out here getting sick. You know this umbrella was right next to your door. I hear it works well in situations like this,” she joked. He was obviously not going to admit that he was crying so she decided to avoid the topic altogether.

“Oh, my bad, I didn’t know what that thing was,” he joked back.

“Comon let’s get outta here. You’re going to catch a cold. If you get sick then whose going to make me breakfast tomorrow?” she teased with a wink.

“Troublesome woman…” he groaned in a false angry voice. Yonghwa stood up from the swing and walked closely to the worried girl. The umbrella was barely enough for the both of them and he pushed it a little more towards her. She moved her arm back into its original position in defiance before he pushed it back again. “I’m already wet, just use it yourself.” She didn’t want to argue so she just obeyed quietly. She usually hated walking through the rain, but she was actually enjoying the slow stroll through the rain with Yonghwa. Even though he was always rude and mean to her, she wanted to be his friend. He walked in his usual slow shuffle with the hands in his pockets and his sad gaze on the ground. She couldn’t help but enjoy the fact that they had become closer that day. Even if Yonghwa wouldn’t admit it, she knew that he had opened up to her a little bit.

 

 

Author’s Note: Okay so how was that? In my head it was a lot more YongSeo-ish than how it ended up on paper. I was planning on make it fluffier and junk, but it didn’t turn out that way. Then again, I guess it’s better than Yonghwa doesn’t change so quickly since someone like him wouldn’t normally do that. Sorry for the late update, finals are upon us and I want to die. I have an exam next Saturday at 7am… that should be illegal. Anyways, comment and review pretty please with a cherry on top. See you guys soon :)