Natural Perfection

I'm a Loner

Chapter 30 – Natural Perfection

 

 

After so much denial and pain, the pair that was destined to be together was finally one. It was a hard road to get to the point they were at, but they were finally together. Although prom was not what any normal teenager would want, they wouldn’t have it any other way. Even if they hadn’t been able to enjoy their big night together, at least they could now be together for the rest of their lives. Neither one of them had even imagined that they would get that far. Although Min Jung hadn’t really accomplished any progress for the two, they truly appreciated her noble sacrifice. It wasn’t every day that you got such a good friend to sacrifice her happiness for you. Now Yonghwa and Seohyun would have to brace themselves for the path ahead of them that would not only bring smiles but also frowns along the way.

“It’s weird isn’t it?” Yonghwa asked his new girlfriend as they walked through the front door.

“What’s weird?” she questioned in response. The ride back home had been a quiet one. However, neither of them cared if there were no words exchanged. Each glance they took at each other and the gentle grip on each other’s hands was enough communication for both of them.

“We lived in the same house, ate the same food, studied in the same classes, and walked the same route to school every single day, yet we couldn’t figure each other’s feelings out. I think what I said at the hotel still stands: We are a couple of fools,” Yonghwa replied with a small smile on his face. Seohyun had seen Yonghwa smile, but it hadn’t ever been for more than a few moments at a time. He had now been successfully smiling for over an hour and she wouldn’t trade it for the world. It was a small smile, a barely noticeable one, but it was enough for her.

“Yeah, I can’t believe I never figured it out. We were even more stupid to use other people to try to get each other jealous. In the end it only made Min Jung cry and Seung Ri get mad,” Seohyun pointed out sadly. A visible frown made its way to each of their faces as they remembered the way Min Jung fought to keep the tears from rolling down her face. It wasn’t fair that such a sweet and honorable person like her had to suffer this.

“Cheer up Seohyun,” Yonghwa spoke up to dispel the gloomy aura around them. “Min Jung wanted this, just tell yourself that. I know it feels weird to be happy because we hurt someone, but this was her wish. I did approach her at first with intentions of using her, but in the end it was her that carried out all the plans. It sounds like I’m justifying what I did, but this is the truth. She wouldn’t want to see us sad after all the work she did. Did you at least get jealous from what you saw? I wouldn’t want Min Jung to have sacrificed herself for nothing.”

“Pabo, of course I felt jealous. Every day it killed me to see you and Min Jung laughing together and holding hands as you came out of your Japanese class. It was even more painful for me to see that because I didn’t want to be jealous of someone as nice as Min Jung. I kept getting bad thoughts in my head towards her and it was the most horrible thing I’ve ever felt,” Seohyun admitted. Yonghwa felt like walking over to her and giving her a reassuring hug but he didn’t want to do something he knew he might screw up. He was her boyfriend, but he was still relatively new at something like consoling somebody.

“Well, we should put all of that stuff behind us. Min Jung wouldn’t want us to dwell on the past since it would go against what she was a martyr for. Anyways, so what now? I mean, we’re boyfriend and girlfriend now… so what do we do?” Yonghwa asked lamely.

Although Seohyun had to admit it was one of the stupidest and most random questions she had heard in her life, she had no answer for it. “Uh, I don’t really know. I never really thought I would get this far. I would always dream about how we would be together, but I never thought of how it would be if we did end up in each other’s arms.”

“Yeah, I only thought of becoming your boyfriend. I never thought ahead to plan out things that we would do after we finally became a couple,” Yonghwa confessed while scratching the back of his head. If anyone were watching them at that moment, they would surely give themselves a big old facepalm. It was unbelievable how stupid each of them sounded at that moment. They were adults already yet they were acting if they were a bunch of 13-year-olds in their first relationship.

“Well, we already kissed so we can say we’ve done something. We already live together so that’s a huge step we took without even realizing it. We went to the movies, you’ve given me a few gifts, we’ve had heart-to-hearts, I’ve met your mom, we’ve gone on a trip together, and the list can go on forever. I don’t think there’s anything we haven’t done.” Seohyun went through her brain to search for things they could possibly do together. Even Yonghwa had to admit they had already done more than most couples do, yet they weren’t even together at the time. He snapped out of his thoughts once he saw Seohyun begin to blush as she was lost in her thoughts.

“Ew, you’re thinking of that aren’t you. Seohyun, I don’t think it’s healthy of you to be thinking about those things when we haven’t even been dating for more than a couple of hours. I think you’ve been hanging out with Taecyeon a little too much,” Yonghwa teased.

“No! I wasn’t thinking of that stuff. You’re such a ert Yonghwa!” Seohyun exclaimed embarrassedly. “Okay fine, that thought did cross my mind but that’s only because it’s one of the few things we haven’t done. I wasn’t thinking about it because that’s what I want to do right now. I mean, it’s not that I don’t want to do it, but I don’t think we should be doing it because it’s wrong, but it also is something couples do, but we also shouldn’t do it because it’s not right, then again we have been pretty much living in the same house…”

“Uh… I didn’t understand a word that you just said,” Yonghwa poined out when he heard her extremely large sentence. He was sure that if he wrote out her sentence, he could add in at least 4 periods to fix it. “Seohyun, it’s fine. I was just kidding about it. I’m not going to lie and tell you that I haven’t thought of it. We’re teenagers and it’s normal for us. All the same, I don’t think it’s something we should be thinking about, at least not now.”

“Yeah, it’s a little awkward. Can we talk about something else?” Seohyun asked, hoping to change the topic. Neither of them had problems making ual innuendos and jokes with each other before, but it was a little strange to do it now. Not because anything had changed, but because they were scared that talking about that stuff could lead to them making mistakes. It was far too early for them to be thinking about doing anything with each other as it could bring serious consequences.

“Don’t you think we ought to get to bed?” Yonghwa asked. As soon as he said ‘bed’ both of them began to show signs of another blush. If the word ‘bed’ could bring them to blush, they sure were too jumpy at the thought of anything happening between them. “I mean go to sleep!” Never had they once had such an air of awkwardness between them. Even when Yonghwa had forcefully kissed her while they were sitting on the couch it hadn't become that awkward.

“Can we stay up? It’s already 3:00am and I wouldn’t be able to sleep anyways. My heart is beating too fast right now for me to even think about lying down,” Seohyun confessed. “If you want to go to sleep then go rest. I’ll stay up alone.”

“Nah, I’m in the same boat as you. I don’t think I could ever fall asleep for a few days. I keep replaying the events that happened today and I just can’t believe them. I can’t believe that Seo Joohyun is sitting in my house and that she’s my girlfriend. It’s just so unbelievable. I tell myself that it did happen, but my brain tells me it’s a lie,” Yonghwa explained.

“How’s this for real?” Seohyun asked seductively. Before Yonghwa knew it, Seohyun closed the gap between them and forced him into a feral kiss. It was a few times more passionate than the one they had shared in the hotel. Their first official kiss as a couple had been a gentle one, one that expressed their love completely. Seohyun’s lips were soft and tender before but now they were rough and primal. The kiss totally blinded Yonghwa to the point where he couldn’t even see stars. All he could see was white in his brain while he closed his eyes and allowed Seohyun to take his lips for herself.

“Wow…” Yonghwa mumbled once Seohyun pulled off of him. “I don’t think I can deny that.”

“Hehe, sorry. I didn’t think I would catch you so much by surprise. I hope you don’t think I’m some kind of ert for kissing you like that. I know that most couples don’t kiss like this for a while, but I just can’t help myself,” Seohyun told the still dumbfounded boy. It was unlike her to be so rough and forceful, but she had held in her feelings far too long. They no longer would subject themselves to her will so what better way to calm them than to let them out.

“I-i-it’s fine,” Yonghwa stuttered, still in La La Land from the kiss he just received. Once he realized he had been somewhere off in another world, he began to blush and shyly face away from his lovely partner.

“You’re so cute,” Seohyun giggled. “Why weren’t you this bashful before? What happened to me being a troublesome woman or me being a drag?”

“You are a drag! You are a troublesome woman!” Yonghwa defended. “I’m not bashful; you just caught me by surprise is all. And stop calling me cute.”

“Whatever you say Yong oppa~” Seohyun playfully responded. Needless to say, Yonghwa’s blush became much more profound. Seohyun couldn’t even believe the amount of red she was seeing on his face. Jung Yonghwa, the cold hearted man that had treated her so badly in the past, was being reduced to a flustered mess of a person.

“Y-yo-yong oppa?” Yonghwa clumsily stuttered. “Is that what you’re going to call me now?”

“In your dreams! The day I call you Yong oppa for real will be the day I set myself on fire,” Seohyun answered in an annoyed voice. “Now that I know you want that, I will make you work for it.”

“No! I don’t want that!” Yonghwa yelled back. He was trying so hard to be his usual cold self but it was not working. His brain was working at a thousand miles per second but he couldn’t go back to his calm and aloof state. Yonghwa’s heart was basically laughing at him as it continued to betray him. After all, Yonghwa had failed to listen to his heart for almost a whole school year. He supposed it was finally exacting its revenge on him for suppressing it so long.

“What happened to the cool and collected Yonghwa that I fell in love with? If I had known you would be this much of a wimp then I wouldn’t have agreed to be your girlfriend,” Seohyun impishly teased. “Comon Mister Badass, where’s your spine?” Before she could continue toying with him, she was blinded by something forcing her into a kiss. Yonghwa repaid her for the kiss she had just stolen from him and added a little more punch to it. If Yonghwa had been blinded by her kiss, he was sure that she was now on the verge of fainting from his.

“There’s my spine,” Yonghwa coolly answered. “You got a problem with it?”

“Not at all…” Seohyun replied as she came back from the land Yonghwa had visited just a few moments ago. Yonghwa’s attempts to look cool became futile once he began to blush once more. Although Seohyun was also blushing, it made him look like an idiot to do the same.

“Yeah, okay Mister Cool, you definitely have a spine,” Seohyun sarcastically added once she saw his blush. “And no more kissing for tonight! It’s going to get out of hand soon.” Although Yonghwa wanted nothing more than to continue to taste her sweet lips, he knew she was right. That last kiss was a little bit too much to play around with. Soon enough they would be doing the very things they promised not to do.

“Stop teasing me then,” Yonghwa replied in a voice that made him sound like an elementary school student that had his feelings hurt. “Do you want to go on a date in the morning?”

“Our first real date huh? Well… I don’t know. Last time I went on date with Jung Yonghwa it wasn’t all that fun. Then again, he did take every opportunity he could to latch onto me,” Seohyun began to tease. “Let me think about it.”

“Screw that! You’re mine now so I say when we go on dates or not. Be ready tomorrow by 8:00am or else I’ll drag you out of bed myself,” Yonghwa ordered in the most commanding voice he could manage at the moment. He knew he had lost his reputation and image from all the blushing he had just done, but that didn’t mean he would change that easily.

“That’s the Yonghwa I know and love. So where are we going? It will be our first real date so it better be good.”

“I have an idea, but it won’t be a typical first date. Are you sure you want to go?”

“Yonghwa, you know I would step into a pot of boiling lava as long as you were there next to me holding my hand. I’ll go with you no matter where it is,” Seohyun assured him. Her words made him feel like he was the strongest man on the planet. Never had he been told something like that. It was such a strange and foreign feeling for him to hear those words, but he loved it. He knew he had hit the jackpot by getting her to be his girlfriend.

“Then we should probably get to sleep then,” Yonghwa suggested. “I’ll prepare us whatever we need for tomorrow. All you have to do is prepare a bathing suit.”

“Bathing suit..? Oh boy I knew there was a catch. Let me guess, you want me to wear the skimpiest bikini I have?” she asked sarcastically. Of course she didn’t need an answer to that, but it never hurt to ask.

“Of course. What other kind of bathing suit do you think would be appropriate?” Yonghwa asked playfully. The smile on his face was killed as soon as an acid filed stare from his new girlfriend made its way across the room. “Fine, wear whatever you want. Just as long as you can go in the water with it.”

“Alright, I’ll see you in the morning.” Seohyun stood up and began to bundle up a bit of her things as if she were going somewhere. Yonghwa noticed this before heading to the bathroom and threw her a confused look.

“Where are you going?”

“I’m going to go see if Min Jung will let me stay at her house,” Seohyun explained as she dug out a few things to take to her friend’s house.

“Why are you going to Min Jung’s house? What’s wrong?” Yonghwa asked in a voice that was both confused and disappointed at the same time.

“You don’t think I’ll sleep in the same house as my boyfriend right? Especially one as erted as you. Nope, I’m not that dumb Yonghwa. I’m going to go ask Min Jung if it’s okay if I sleep at her house from now on. I’ll still live here, but I’ll go to sleep over there,” Seohyun continued to explain.

“Why is that?” Yonghwa asked in a serious voice.

“The fact that you asked me why I’m leaving is enough for me. I don’t know what you will pull while I sleep so I better get out of here while I still can,” Seohyun responded.

“Yeah, says the girl who always ends up in my bed,” Yonghwa sarcastically added.

“It’s not my fault I sleepwalk,” Seohyun defended herself. Yonghwa gave her a look that could only mean he thought she was lying. “Anyways, I’ll be doing this until you can prove you can control yourself. Obviously, you can’t considering how passionately you just kissed me. I’ll see you at 8:00am tomorrow. Bye Yong oppa~!” After grabbing her clothes for sleeping and a few hygiene products, the playful girl dashed out of the door. Yonghwa would have made a move to stop her, but he knew she wouldn’t back down.

“Such a troublesome woman…”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Where’d you get this truck?” Seohyun asked as she hopped into a nice-looking truck Yonghwa had waiting in the apartment parking lot. She didn’t know Yonghwa had a car, or that he could even drive for that matter. In the back of the truck she noticed there were quite a few things, but they were covered in a black tarp that obscured her view.

“Jin Man and I took a few road trips back when I was younger. Although this truck looks like its brand new it’s probably at least ten years old,” Yonghwa explained. Seohyun gave the truck another look and couldn’t believe such a shiny looking car was ten years old. “Anyways, we’re off for today.”

“Where are we going?” Seohyun asked in a curious voice. “Wait, don’t tell me, I want it to be a surprise.”

“I wasn’t planning on telling you anyways. We will be there in an hour or two depending on the road so just go to sleep for now. I’ll wake you up when we get there.” Seohyun nodded and within a few minutes on the road she was knocked out. Yonghwa stole a few glances whenever he could and couldn’t get enough of doing it. He wished she could be leaning her head on his shoulder just as she had done over the ride home the night before. Once again he doubted the fact that he was together with her at last. The events of the day before seemed like a foggy dream to him, but he had to believe it.

Eventually Yonghwa parked the car at their destination. It had taken him a little longer than he had planned but they had the whole weekend to be together. He was grateful the school planned their prom on Friday night as the weekend had just begun. Had it been Sunday today, he wouldn’t have been able to pull off his plans for their first date. After setting everything up to his satisfaction, he made his way back to the truck to wake Seohyun up. “Yah, Seohyun wake up!”

“Oh, we’re here already?” she asked sleepily. “Where are we?” Seohyun took a look around and saw their truck surrounded by trees as far as the eye could see. It looked like they were in a forest, but she couldn’t be too sure. She thought they were at a camping site but even then it didn’t seem like it. Camping sites had some sort of human touch to it. The more she thought about it, the more it looked like a random forest.

“We’re somewhere that I found with Jin Man once. I don’t know if you’ll prefer this over a typical date, but I hope you do. It might not look like much at first, but I’ll show you things I’ve wanted to show someone for a long time,” Yonghwa explained. Seohyun felt a little bad for her thoughts since it seemed like Yonghwa had really put a lot of effort into setting things up. If he was so sure that it would be worth their time, then she couldn’t be picky about it.

“Wow, you already set all of this up?” Seohyun questioned once she noticed the small camping site in a clearing Yonghwa set up. “I haven’t been camping in a long time. I can’t even remember the last time I came to one of these places.” Yonghwa took a look around and decided he was done setting everything up. It had been a little bit of work, but the results were worth it. He had a large tent he and Jin Man used whenever they came camping set up. A small table for when they needed to eat was laid out as well as 2 foldable chairs for them to sit in. Yonghwa had carried a large log to the spot for them to sit on once they got the campfire going. To him it was the perfect camping spot.

“Yeah, it looks like everything is all ready to go over here. Do you want to sit here or do you want to go have a little fun?” Yonghwa asked the excited girl. “You wore your bathing suit under your clothes right?”

“Of course. I wouldn’t want to change around a ert like you,” she joked.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever,” he complained. “Let’s go then.” Yonghwa held out his hand and allowed Seohyun to grab onto him. For the both of them, it didn’t matter what they were doing as long as they could be close together. Soon enough, they heard the sound of roaring water nearing by. “Well, we’re here.”

“Wow…” Seohyun mumbled in awe. Never had she seen such a beautiful scene in her entire life. In front of her lay a small lake with the clearest water she had ever seen. Being from one of the largest cities in the world, she never really got to interact with nature. The lake reflected the blue from the clear sky above them to produce a splendid color. What made it even more breathtaking was the waterfall towards the back of the lake. The white foamy water flowing from above couldn’t be more perfect. The finishing touch was the way a rainbow formed when the sun struck the waterfall in a certain way. The secluded area added a serene sound of nature that would be enough to wash away the stresses of normal everyday life in their crowded city.

“How is it?” Yonghwa asked with a smile on his face.

“It’s, it’s beautiful,” Seohyun managed to say. “I thought things like these only existed in movies. The water is so clear, the area is so calm, and that rainbow in the back just makes everything perfect. Thanks for bringing me to this place Yonghwa. I really love it.”

“It’s not as beautiful as you are,” Yonghwa shyly added. An awkward atmosphere descended on them once Seohyun blushed in response. “So are we going to get in the water or what?” Seohyun nodded and began to pull of her simple t-shirt and denim shorts. It was a little embarrassing for her to strip in front of him, but she had to get used to it. The shy girl neatly folded her clothes and placed them on a rock nearby. Once she was done, she turned to meet with Yonghwa’s eyes staring intently on her body. She wasn’t wearing an overly revealing bathing suit, but it was a bikini after all. The pink cloth covered her body as modestly as a bikini could, but it was a bikini nevertheless. Yonghwa had to try his hardest to peel his eyes of the milky skin that was now exposed to him. If he didn’t do it soon, he was sure his ‘little friend’ would get a little too excited and ruin the situation.

“Yonghwa, stop staring. It’s embarrassing,” Seohyun timidly ordered. Yonghwa abruptly turned away from her and began to take his clothes off. Soon enough, he was only in his swimming trunks as he stood in front of her.

“Hehe, sorry for staring. It’s just that you’re just so perfect, I couldn’t help myself.” Another awkward silence found its way around, making them feel uncomfortable once more. Although Yonghwa was wearing shorts and not revealing as much as Seohyun, she couldn’t help but stare. She had seen him shirtless once or twice already, but she never had a chance to have a good look. She had to admit it was breathtaking every time she got to take a glance. Seohyun was sure nobody would believe Yonghwa had such a built body unless they saw him themselves. Then again, he had to have such a strong and perfectly sculpted body for him to be such a good fighter.

“So, are we planning to jump into the water any time soon?” Seohyun asked as she noticed Yonghwa staring once more. Yonghwa didn’t even bother to acknowledge her question so she took actions so he would. He woke up once he felt himself make a cold splash into the lake.

“Yah! Are you crazy? Why did you push me into the water?” he angrily yelled.

“That’s what you get for staring!” Seohyun responded. Once she noticed how angry he was, she erupted in a cute fit of giggles. Due to the large amount of laughter she was experiencing, she didn’t notice Yonghwa go up to the shore of the lake and grab her ankles. Just as Min Jung had pulled on Uee’s ankles to make her fall, Yonghwa did the same to Seohyun. Her giggles ceased as soon as she felt the cold splash of water on her body.

“That’s what you get for laughing at me,” Yonghwa vengefully responded. “Stop glaring at me. You brought this on yourself.” Seohyun responded to his comments with a cold splash on his face. “You want war? Well you’ll get one.” Yonghwa pushed through the water and managed to throw a larger splash on her. Soon enough they were engaged in a splash war that seemed like it would never end. Despite it being a warm day, the water was still relatively cold. However, none of that mattered to them. Laughs were shared as they continued playing in the water together. Their competitive natures were brought out as they had swimming races from one side of the lake to the other. Nature remained completely quiet as the two people in love filled the area with noises of happiness and joy. They wished they could stop time and play in the water forever.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“You’re such an idiot Yonghwa!” Seohyun yelled at her boyfriend angrily. “How could you forget to bring towels with you?” Neither of them had brought towels with them and now they were currently walking back to their camp soaking wet. Although the late April day was perfect, they still felt a chill as the breeze blew past them.

“Hey, you didn’t bring one either so you’re just as big of an idiot. Anyways, we’re already at the base camp so just it up,” Yonghwa commanded. “Go into the tent and change. I’ll be waiting for you out here.” Seohyun nodded and went into their shelter for the night to get into some warm and dry clothes. As she undressed herself she remembered the way she had punched Yonghwa in the nose on the night he had saved her from the rain. It felt like just yesterday they had been fighting for the smallest things, and now they were on kissing terms. She supposed the gods loved playing such jokes on the people they looked over.

“Yonghwa, I think I overdid it at the lake. My arms really hurt and I feel really tired. Can we rest for a bit?” Seohyun asked with a little bit of aegyo in her voice.

“Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I think I could go for a little nap. What about you?”

“Mhm, I would like that. I can set my alarm so we don’t sleep for too long. I would rather not waste the whole day sleeping. So are we going to sleep in the tent? Like, together?” Seohyun asked hesitantly.

“Uh, yeah unless you want me to lie down on the table. The truck is really far and I don’t want to walk all the way back. Just it up and let me in the tent. We were just playing in the water while you were basically and I didn’t do anything to you,” Yonghwa pointed out. “I even picked you up a few times and I never did anything erted. I’m sure I’ve proven myself by now.”

“Fine, fine. Just get in here.” The couple walked into the tent together and lay down at completely opposite ends of the tent. Although they were quite comfortable with each other, they couldn’t bring themselves to be close while sleeping. Despite the awkwardness, they managed to finally fall into a deep sleep. Even though they agreed to only sleep a few hours, they had both forgotten to set an alarm. As they fell asleep it was only 1:00pm. The fact that they hadn’t slept the night before, coupled with the exhaustion from playing in the lake allowed them to sleep for more than they had intended.

“Oh !” Yonghwa exclaimed as he woke up. “Seohyun, get up!”

“What’s wrong?” Seohyun answered while she rubbed her eyes. “Crap! I forgot to set my alarm. What time is it?” She took a look at her cell phone and noticed it was already almost 7:00pm. “Damn it! I’m so sorry Yonghwa, I didn’t think I would sleep so long. I guess we were both really tired huh?”

“It’s fine. Comon, we still have time,” Yonghwa said while pulling her out of the tent. Yonghwa stared up at the sky and noticed the orange hue still faintly present. The sun was just setting and he hoped that he would make it in time to the place he wanted to show to the girl running next to him.

“Where are we going in such a rush?” Seohyun asked the man pulling her as she ran to keep up with him. Yonghwa didn’t bother to answer as he was concentrating on reaching his destination. As they passed through the forested landscape they almost tripped a few times, but it didn’t seem to be slowing them down. After almost 10 minutes of running, Yonghwa slowed down as they reached a clearing.

“We’re here.” Yonghwa led Seohyun into a clearing containing what seemed like thousands of flowers. The sun was barely visible by now, but Seohyun could make out the colors of the flowers. The majority was large white ones but there was a significant amount of purple-blue flowers. Seohyun had seen the flowers called bellflowers before as they were kept in gardens for their roots, but she had never seen so many in her life at once.

(Picture since my describing abilities are crap: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d7/Platycodon_grandiflorum2.jpg )

“How did you find this place?” Seohyun asked while still in awe over the beauty of the clearing. Tears made her way into her eyes as she kept taking in the sight in front of her.

“Jin Man found it once when we came here. We made a bet to see who would bring a girl first to here and claim it as their special spot. I never thought I would beat him, but I guess this spot belongs to us now,” Yonghwa joked. His playful tone disappeared once he felt Seohyun bring him into a tight hug.

“I love it. Today has been so perfect. Even though we slept for most of the day, I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

“Seohyun, you know how I feel about you. I hope every day we spend together can be as good as this. These kinds of things make it so much better, but I wouldn’t care if all we did was sit at home and be bored. As long as I’m with you, everything is fun,” Yonghwa assured her. Her grip on him became tighter once she heard his explanation.

“Why did we run here though? I can see you wanted to get here since it’s beautiful, but I don’t understand,” Seohyun explained confusedly. Yonghwa flashed her a small smile and began to lead her into the flowers. She was careful not to step on any as to not ruin the beauty of the area, but she still didn’t understand anything.

“Just be patient, you’ll see soon enough.” Once the orange tint in the sky finally disappeared, taking the sun along with it, something began to happen. Although the light disappeared from the heavens, it found its way onto the earth in the form of thousands of little creatures. Suddenly, all of the bellflowers began to glow as if they had tiny lights inside of them. The small orange lights began to move out of the flowers and begin their dance. As the time went by, more and more tiny creatures began to illuminate the darkness of the night.

“Fireflies!” Seohyun cried happily once she finally understood what was going on. The couple walked further into the small field of flowers until they were in the center of the action. The fireflies continued their courtship dances in order to find their partners around the two people that had already accomplished that feat. “Yonghwa, I don’t even know what to say. I’m just speechless.”

“You don’t have to say anything Seohyun. There’s no need for words here. “

“We have to take a picture of this moment. It’s so beautiful.” Seohyun dug into her pockets for her phone in order to capture the stunning scene in front of her. Just as she was about to take the snapshot, Yonghwa took the phone out of her hands.

“This is a place for just you and me. Nobody else needs to know about it. I know it’s selfish to want to keep this place to ourselves, but I don’t want it to get ruined. You understand right?” Yonghwa asked concernedly. Although it was shame that such a beautiful place be kept a secret, Seohyun knew where he was coming from.

“You’re right, this is just for us.” Seohyun and Yonghwa continued to stand amongst the flowers and fireflies until their legs could no longer keep them up anymore. Neither of them wanted to ever leave that spot for anything. Even if they would leave the comforts they had back home, they wanted to remain in that spot forever.

“I think we should leave the fireflies to go about their business don’t you think?” Yonghwa asked after his legs were about to give out. Seohyun broke free from his embrace and nodded in agreement. The pair silently walked back towards their campsite without so much as a peep. Words didn’t need to be said at that moment. Each one of them could feel what the other felt by just standing next to each other. Yonghwa let go of her hand to go set up the campfire while Seohyun sat down on the log he had prepared in the morning.

“I brought sweet potatoes to roast,” Yonghwa told her once the small pile of sticks in front of him became a roaring fire. “Do you like them?”

“Gogumas?! Oh my god I love them! How did you know?” Seohyun asked in surprise. Yonghwa hadn’t expected her to react like that, but it worked for him.

“I didn’t know that while I was getting them ready but I’m glad I know now,” Yonghwa replied shyly. “So how was today?” Seohyun pulled him down to sit next to her when he was done wrapping his sweet potatoes in tin foil and placing them over the fire.

“How the heck are you so good at this?” Seohyun asked him in a serious voice.

“Good at what?”

“Today has been absolutely perfect. At first I was a little confused as to why you brought me camping as a first date, but you definitely left me speechless. Are you sure you’ve never gone on a date before? I can’t believe you set this up even though you’ve never dated a girl in your life,” Seohyun pointed out.

“Yeah, I’ve never done this before. And I haven’t really done anything. All I did was show you what nature has to offer for us,” Yonghwa explained while staring up at the sky.

“Even the sky is perfect. I’ve never seen so many stars before in my life. If I wasn’t here, I wouldn’t even believe that this many stars existed. You’re sure you’ve never done this before. It seems too perfect to be your first time taking someone on a date. How many girls have you brought to that flower field before me?” Seohyun teased.

“I haven’t brought anyone out here before you.”

“Haha, I know, I’m just playing around. I could stare at the star covered sky all night if I could. Then again, I have an even brighter star next to me.” Yonghwa turned around and gave her small smile once more. It seemed like he still had trouble smiling since he didn’t usually do it, but it was enough for her. Slowly, they closed the gap between them for what seemed like the hundredth kiss in their relationship. This time, the kiss was more like the one they shared after their prom. It wasn’t passionate or heated, but just expressed the pure and clean love their felt for one another.

“I love you Jung Yonghwa,” Seohyun confessed once they ended the kiss.

“I love you too Seo Joohyun. Before this I always thought that I would never say I loved anyone. It was such a fake word to me, something people just said to say it. Now I regret ever thinking that. I truly mean it when I say that to you. I love you, I love you, I love you. I could say it all night.”

“And I can hear you say it all night.” Seohyun leaned onto him and rested her head on his shoulder. Both of them stared at the heavens and thanked any supernatural beings they could for giving them what they had. Once they were tired of sitting on the hard log, Yonghwa put out the fire and allowed Seohyun to head into the tent. After he was satisfied with the fire being put out, he made his way inside as well.

“Good night,” Yonghwa told her as he lay down as far away from her as he could.

“I think it’s going to be a little chilly tonight. Mind being my blanket for the night?” Seohyun asked boldly. Yonghwa immediately rolled over to her side and brought her into his arms. The awkwardness they had felt earlier while they slept had disappeared.

“I would gladly be your blanket tonight.”

“If you pull anything Yonghwa, you can forget about ever going on a date with me again. Good night.” With those last words they fell asleep in each other’s arms. Even though they had slept almost the entire day, neither of them had trouble sleeping. It wasn’t everyday they got to sleep with the person they loved next to them and they would take advantage of every second they could. Although nothing happened between the couple, the experience was more than pleasurable for the both of them.

 

 

Author’s note: So in order to make up for the complete lack of any YongSeo interactions throughout the whole 29 chapters before this, I just HAD to do this. This is pretty much as fluffy and warm as I can get so I hope you enjoyed it. Since I base Yonghwa off of my personality (the cold part of it), I’m really bad at writing happy scenes. As you may have seen from earlier chapters, I like writing dark or gloomy stuff. However, I’m pretty pleased with this piece and I wouldn’t say it’s too bad. Now if only I had a girlfriend and knew where to find such perfect place to take her I would be as happy as Yonghwa was ahaha. I guess I’m kinda jealous of my own characters lol. Anyways, enjoy! I made the chapter especially long to make up for my lack of updates over the weekend.

Also sorry for not updating on the weekends. I have the time, but my cousin is always here since my mom and aunt go to church on Saturday AND Sunday so I have to take care of her. Also, her older brother comes and distracts me from writing so I can’t ever really do it.