Trouble, Trouble, Trouble

I'm a Loner

Chapter 32 – Trouble, Trouble, Trouble

 

 

“Hey Yonghwa,” Seohyun bothered her boyfriend while he absent-mindedly stared at a computer screen. “Where has Min Jung been in the past few days? Ever since that night I stayed with her after prom, she’s been gone from her house. I’ve had to sleep here for almost 3 nights now.”

Yonghwa turned from his computer screen to glare at the girl asking him a question. “Really Seohyun? Is it really that hard for you to sleep in this house? I had you in my arms that whole night we went camping and I didn’t hear a single complaint. If anything, I should be worried about you doing something to me. Don’t go to bother her anymore. It’s not like we’re sleeping in the same bed or anything.”

“Are you sure you can control yourself?” Seohyun asked, but Yonghwa had no idea if she was serious or not. “Stop glaring at me like that!”

“Stop being such a baby then. I’m not going to you Seohyun, calm down. If I did I would be worse than someone like Seung Ri. I’m not that kind of guy and I would only touch you if you asked me to. Seriously, don’t be so worried about it,” Yonghwa assured her. Seohyun wasn’t worried about Yonghwa doing anything to her to be honest. She knew Yonghwa was a very trustworthy man and he would never touch her without consent. What worried her was that she knew she would eventually give into her instincts. Nobody was perfect and Seohyun knew she would crack eventually from having Yonghwa so near. Uee being pregnant was bad enough; Seohyun didn’t want to end up the same way.

“I know, I’m sorry. I didn’t realize I was making you feel like I can’t trust you. It’s just that I’m worried that things will happen. I’ll stay here, but we can’t sleep together. It’s not that I don’t trust you, but I don’t trust myself. Things will happen eventually and we can’t make the same mistake Uee did,” Seohyun explained. “You see my point right?”

“Yeah, I do. Don’t worry, I know you trust me. If you try to me in my sleep I’ll try my hardest to get you off of me. It will take all my self-control, but I’ll manage,” Yonghwa joked.

“What?! I’m not the ert here!” Seohyun defended herself. “Ugh, I don’t even know why I talk to you. You can forget about even touching me for the next week. I don’t know if I’ll be able to control myself.” Yonghwa laughed at the way her last sentence was laced with sarcasm. Even though they were fighting, it was moments like those that made dating Seohyun worth it.

“Arasso, arasso, I’ll stop. Were you being serious about no touching for a whole week? How will I ever find my way to school without you holding my hand? What about when I need a kiss from you to make it worth getting out of bed?” Yonghwa asked playfully. “You can’t torture me like that.”

“Oh yeah? Watch me,” she answered in defiance. “I hate you Yonghwa.” The cute pout on her face made him laugh rather than feel hated. He was sure there was nobody in the world that believed Seohyun’s words when she had that kind of expression on her face. The way she pushed her lips out in a pout made them all too alluring.

“You want to play that game? Fine, let’s play it.” Yonghwa stood up from his spot at the kitchen table, shutting off his laptop before heading towards Seohyun. The pouting girl watched him as he got closer to her menacingly. “What were you saying before Seohyun? Something about not letting me touch you? Well, how about I ignore your deal and do whatever I want?”

“Wh-what are you doing?” she muttered through broken breaths. “Yonghwa, go away.” Instead of listening to her order, he inched forward more and more.

“What would happen if I touched you right now? What if I wanted to do this?” Yonghwa asked seductively before running his hand across her cheek. It wasn’t any special movement, but Seohyun’s body reacted by violently shivering. A deep blush found its way onto her face. “What would you do if I felt like doing this?” Yonghwa pushed her down gently onto the couch, forcing her to lay down. “Would you be mad?”

“Yonghwa, stop it, this isn’t funny,” Seohyun begged in a not-so-convincing voice. Yonghwa could see she was enjoying it just as much as he was. Soon enough Seohyun felt the pressure of Yonghwa placing his body over hers, setting off nerves all over her body. “Yonghwa, please.” Her plea for him to stop almost sounded to him like an okay for him to do whatever he wanted.

“Your cries don’t seem too convincing. How about you beg me some more?” he asked commandingly. Seohyun couldn’t understand why her body wasn’t listening to her reason anymore. Her brain was screaming to push him off quickly. However, her limbs wouldn’t respond. All she wanted to do was let him continue what he was doing, regardless of what her brain wanted.

“Please…” she weakly begged. Yonghwa brought his face close to hers. Chills ran down her body once more when she felt his warm breath on her neck. “…stop.”

“Not gonna happen,” Yonghwa responded arrogantly. “You don’t seem to want me to. I would go as far as to say you’re lying.” Every word he spoke sent chills down her spine again and again. Something about his voice made her feel as if she were on fire. Somehow he had perfected a husky tone that would send her off of the edge without even trying. “Mind begging me some more?”

“You-you’re crazy… Is this what you’re into Yonghwa? Is this the kind of per-ert you are?” Seohyun stuttered.

“You tell me,” he responded in the same husky voice that set her on fire. “You seem to be enjoying this more than I am.” Yonghwa brought his face to hers, motioning for a kiss. Yonghwa noticed the way she stuck out her lips and closed her eyes in anticipation. Seohyun felt his warm breath on her lips and waited for him to place a kiss on them eagerly. All of a sudden, she felt a wet sensation on her nose rather than her lips. “Gotcha.” Yonghwa moved his face away from hers and began to laugh hysterically, but he didn’t bother to get off of her. “HAHAHAHAHA, you should have seen the look on your face throughout the whole thing. Some self-control you have. What did you think I was going to do to you? Hahahaha, you’re priceless.”

“Wha… what the hell?! Yonghwa you’re such an ! What are you doing? Stop playing tricks on me,” Seohyun shyly yelled. Her voice was shaking so much from how embarrassed she was and there was no way Yonghwa was going to listen to her. “Stop laughing!! It’s not funny!”

“I’m sorry, I’ll stop,” Yonghwa agreed as he tried to shut off his laughter. “Nah, not now. Hahahaha, I’m sorry I can’t stop laughing. You’re so funny Seohyun. Just look at yourself in the mirror right now. I’ve never seen someone blush so much before. I’m the one that’s the ert? You should have seen yourself when I got on top of you. You were practically begging me to take your body right then and there.” Yonghwa continued to hysterically laugh his head off while Seohyun blushed madly under him.

“You know I’m not… Yonghwa stop laughing. I’m not a ert! You just surprised me is all. Yonghwa, seriously listen to me,” Seohyun commanded, but Yonghwa was too busy laughing to hear. “Ugh! I can’t ever win. Yeah, I liked it so what? You got a problem with it?”

“At least you admit it,” Yonghwa managed to spit out through laughs. “Okay, okay, I’m sorry. I only did this to prove that it’s not me that’s the problem it’s you. Seohyun, if I ever ask you to do anything like that just tell me no. I can’t promise I’ll be able to control myself, but I’ll try.”

“I can’t believe I fell for that. Damn choding…” Seohyun grumbled.

“What was that?”

“I called you a freakin choding. You got a problem with it? That’s what you are. You may fool people by acting all rough and tough on the outside, but you’re a little choding at heart aren’t you. Get off of me now before I make you get off,” Seohyun threatened.

“I never got to finish what I started. I’ll at least give you what you wanted.” Yonghwa lowered his head slowly once more to claim her lips as his. Seohyun instinctively closed her eyes and eagerly anticipated their contact. They both knew it was wrong of them to be in that position, but they didn’t care.

“Hey guys!” Min Jung yelled at the couple while not even looking at them when she walked into their apartment. “I’m back from – OH MY GOD! I’m sorry! I’ll leave!” Min Jung rushed out of the door as she saw the pair on top of each other on the couch. The scene in front of her was enough to scare anyone away from the couple.

“What the hell..?” Yonghwa asked in a confused voice. “! I forgot to lock the door and I think Min Jung just walked in.”

“Eh!? You mean Min Jung just saw you on top of me while we were kissing? Yonghwa you’re such an idiot! Why would you even pull a joke like this? Ugh, now Min Jung is going to think we do all kinds of things when we’re alone,” Seohyun complained. “Way to go hotshot.”

“Hey, last time I checked you were the one that was basically asking me to have with you through your eyes. I’m not the only guilty one here,” Yonghwa responded in a sassy voice.

“Stop saying Yonghwa. And stop putting words in my mouth, err eyes. I never said I wanted any of that. Let’s just go apologize to Min Jung for letting her see that and try to explain the situation,” Seohyun suggested. Yonghwa nodded in response and braced himself for the nightmare that was approaching. Min Jung would definitely not let them off the hook for what she just saw. They would surely never hear the end of it. “Min Jung, it’s us. Open the door.”

“Hey guys,” Min Jung greeted them shyly for the second time that day. “How are you?” The pair could tell she was being awkward because of what they just saw which made Seohyun glare at her boyfriend.

“You don’t have to fake it Min Jung. I know you saw what we were doing. We promise we weren’t doing anything bad. This idiot next to me thought it would be funny to play a little ‘game.’ I’m sorry you had to see that,” Seohyun apologized with a shade of pink lightly dusting her cheeks.

“What the hell were you doing walking into my house without knocking? Then again you were in the mafia…” Yonghwa complained irritably. Seohyun threw an elbow at his ribs to keep him from saying anything else. “It’s true, so stop hitting me Seohyun.”

“Um, I’m sorry for not knocking. I didn’t think I’d catch you guys doing that kind of stuff. I had no idea you were on those kinds of terms already. If you want to give each other your innocence, I can’t stop you,” Min Jung replied awkwardly. Although Yonghwa had been rather cold the past days, even he couldn’t help but blush at her comment. “Anyways, I came to say I’m back from Tokyo. I had to go to get my university registration over with. I’m now a proud student at the University of Tokyo.”

“That’s so great Min Jung! That university is seriously the best,” Seohyun sincerely congratulated. “Although I don’t want to let you go since I will miss you. Even though I only stayed at your place once, the girl talk was definitely good.” Yonghwa wasn’t even going to ask what they talked about. He could only assume they talked a good deal about him as well.

“Congrats gangster, you’ll be able to be someone in life after all. If not, at least you can go back to being a thug,” Yonghwa backhandedly congratulated.

“I’ll take that as a sincere congratulation from you Yonghwa,” Min Jung responded in an annoyed voice. “I don’t want to leave you guys either, but my dad is being really annoying about me being all by myself in Korea. He says he got an offer to be the director of a big hospital here in Seoul, but he doesn’t want to take the offer. He says when a few years pass he will take the offer, so at least I’ll be able to see you guys eventually. I just wish he would take the offer now.”

Seohyun was about to speak up and ask Min Jung a question about how she was expecting college to be but noticed she was getting a phone call. Her face immediately darkened as she saw who the call was from. She hadn’t seen that name in few months, and she was definitely not expecting to see it any time soon. “Guys, I have to take this phone call alright? I’ll be back in a second.” Yonghwa and Min Jung nodded and allowed Seohyun to go out and take her phone call.

“Yonghwa, you got your decision for Seoul National University didn’t you? My dad is really involved in the whole university scene and he told me you should have gotten the letter by now. What are the results?” Min Jung asked in a more serious voice. The expression on Yonghwa’s face told her the news was not something she wanted to hear.

“I got the letter already. They’re accepting me for one of the two spots,” Yonghwa responded in a solemn way.

“And Seohyun..?”

“Don’t tell her that we got the letter of admission already. She’s been so happy lately and I can’t have her feeling sad right now. I know it’s wrong to lie to her, but I don’t want to hurt her,” Yonghwa painfully stated. “Please keep it a secret from her.”

“I’m guessing that means she didn’t get in?” Min Jung asked even though she knew the answer to her question. Yonghwa gave her a shake of his head to further confirm her suspicions. “Yonghwa, you can’t lie to her forever. What are you going to tell her when she finds out that she should have gotten the letter already?”

“I first have to find out who the other person is. I’ll go ask Principal Kang if he can help me out with that. I have a plan already, so just leave everything to me Min Jung.”

“Yonghwa, just tell her the truth. You promised her you wouldn’t hurt her or lie to her,” Min Jung reminded him. “You’re playing with some serious fire here. If you don’t tell Seohyun she didn’t get into that university, I will. I don’t care if you have a plan or not.”

“Min Jung, you’re a good friend for looking out for her, but stay out of it. I know what I’m doing. Don’t worry, everything will be fine. I’ll be sure that she doesn’t get hurt from this,” Yonghwa assured his worried friend. “Just worry about how you will be doing back in Tokyo. Forget that we even had this conversation alright. I’ll have everything worked out in a few days, just wait and see.”

“Don’t tell me… No… You wouldn’t…” Min Jung mumbled to herself. “Yonghwa, I know what you’re thinking. Tell me that it’s not what I’m thinking. Yonghwa…”

“I don’t know what it is you’re thinking but I won’t tell you what I have planned. I’ll do things my way, so back off Min Jung.” Min Jung needed no further answer from the determined man in front of her. She knew all too well what he was planning to do and she needed to stop him. As soon as a thousand ways to stop him popped up in her head, she dropped her plans. Yonghwa was far too stubborn to listen to her and she knew it wasn’t her decision.

“I hope you know what you’re doing Yonghwa. I really hope you do,” Min Jung hoped. “I won’t interfere, at least not yet.”

“Just drop it Min Jung. I won’t argue with you again. You’re a good friend, but this is my fight and my fight alone. I’ll do whatever it takes for Seohyun to get what she wants. Her happiness is mine too,” Yonghwa confidently told Min Jung. “Don’t worry about me, I won’t say it again. Now, keep quiet about this or else Seohyun will figure everything out. I have to solve this soon since she will start asking about the acceptance letters soon.”

“Whatever you say Yonghwa,” Min Jung reluctantly agreed. “How long is she going to talk? Damn, it’s been like 10 minutes already. Who do you think it is?”

“I’m willing to bet it’s her dad. What a drag. First this acceptance letter bull and now her dad is going to get involved too. It’s just one trouble after another. And we still have to deal with the trouble that Seung Ri is going to cause soon. This is far from troublesome…” Yonghwa complained. Min Jung could tell Yonghwa was slightly stressed out from all the problems on his back at the moment. He rarely lost his composure, but too much was too much, even for him.

“What did Seung Ri do now? Is it because of the prom thing?” Min Jung asked confusedly.

“Right, you weren’t here a few days ago. Seung Ri got Uee pregnant. He tried to kill her baby right in front of the whole school. As much of a drag as it was, I had to protect her. Who would have ever thought that I would be protecting Uee of all people,” Yonghwa half-joked. “Anyways, she broke down and I had to cheer her up. She even asked me to like her again. I know she was a bad person, but I can’t deny her forgiveness. Seohyun and everyone else forgave her so you should too. Seung Ri was completely humiliated and hasn’t shown up at school since. I’m sure he’s concocting some sort of scheme to get back at us all.”

“Wow, this sounds like some sort of drama you see on T.V. from what I see. If you say Uee has changed, I’ll forgive her. I guess that’s why I fell for you huh? You’re such a good person at heart but you just don’t show it,” Min Jung shyly pointed out.

“Min Jung, don’t talk like that,” Yonghwa ordered in an equally shy manner. “Stop bringing that stuff up, it’ll only end up hurting you. I’m sure if we didn’t work out, it’s because there’s someone out there that is just as good for you.”

“I hope you’re right Yonghwa. I’ll cut it out already. I don’t know what came over me,” Min Jung giggled. “Oh, here comes Seohyun. What took you so long girl?”

“Guys, I have to go for now. It was nice seeing you Min Jung and sorry I have to run. I’ll be back tonight so we can hang out some more if you want,” Seohyun explained before making a dash for the door.

“Min Jung, I’m going to go too. I would rather Seohyun not go and see her dad alone. I don’t know for sure, but I have a hunch that it was him. I’ll see ya later. Try not to get too sad about what we just talked about. Peace out!” Yonghwa made the same dash for the door in hopes to catch up to his girlfriend. Min Jung could only laugh as she watched the two fools that had denied their feelings for so long.

“A perfect set of idiots you two make,” she chuckled with a bit of sadness. “I hope you’re right about what you said Yonghwa. I really hope you are.”

“Yo Seohyun wait up!” Yonghwa yelled through heavy breaths. “Where are you going?”

“Um, I’m going to see Yoona,” she replied with hesitation. “I’ll be back soon so don’t worry about me. I hope I make it back in time for dinner, but I can’t make any promises.” Yonghwa caught up to her and pulled her backwards before she could get any farther. Seohyun avoided making eye contact, but Yonghwa was not planning on backing off.

“Stop lying Seohyun, I know it was your dad. I know the look on your face whenever he’s mentioned, so don’t think you can fool me,” Yonghwa pointed out. “Are you sure you want to go alone? We don’t know what stunt he might try to pull. You know how bad your dad is.”

“Yonghwa, I’m sorry for lying to you, but I don’t want to get you involved in this. I’ll be back soon, so don’t worry. My dad might be scary, but he won’t dare to hurt me. I’ll threaten him with the police just like last time. If I’m not back before dinner, call them alright?” Seohyun joked. Yonghwa brought her into a hug and gave her a small kiss on the lips before letting go of her hand.

“Be careful alright? I can’t have your dad taking you away from me now. Come back safely alright?”

“I will, I promise. Thanks for looking out for me on this, but I have to do this alone. My dad will only be further enraged if you’re with me. I’ll be fine since my mom is home,” Seohyun assured him. Yonghwa stood in the parking lot in front of the apartments while he watched Seohyun disappear into the distance. It worried him to have her go see her father alone, but he couldn’t fight all her battles for her. Seohyun had become a proud and strong woman ever since she left her father’s house and Yonghwa knew he could trust her enough to come back to him safely.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Seohyun! My baby!” her mother cried when Seohyun walked through the grand doors leading to the living room. “It has been ages since I last saw you. Are you alright? Have you been eating right?” Seohyun had to admit it felt good for her mother to be worried, but then she remembered her mom never really paid attention to her before.

“I’m fine mom. I see you’ve gotten over that neglectful attitude of yours,” Seohyun dryly pointed out. It was wrong of her to judge her mom, but she had been hurt far too much to believe the act. Her mom wasn’t a bad person nor was she mean, but she wasn’t the best mom in the world either. “Anyways, how has father been? He sounded pretty weak over the phone.”

“He’s been normal for the most part. I can tell he’s really angry about you leaving though. Every time someone mentions you or Soo Hyun, he gets really angry.”

“People have been mentioning oppa? Who?” Seohyun asked confoundedly. “Who would bring up my brother after almost five years of him being gone?”

“The stockholders have been having a few meetings and they’re worried about who will take over the company. They really want your father to get Soo Hyun to come back, but he won’t have it,” Seohyun’s mom began to explain. “Soo Hyun is a genius when it comes to business and he’s been helping other companies get better and better. Everyone is worried that eventually those companies will get bigger than ours. They are angry with your father for having kicked you and Soo Hyun out of the house.”

“For a second I almost believed that father was worried about us as his children. I guess not,” Seohyun sadly mocked. “Anyways, I doubt Soo Hyun oppa will ever come back. Father was a complete and total jerk to him last time they met and Soo Hyun doesn’t even call anymore. I miss him, but I guess he’s better off with his wife. I wouldn’t hesitate at all to marry whoever I wanted even if they were poor.”

“That’s what had your father worried. He found out you and that poor boy are living together. Somehow he got the word that you were dating him. Is that true?”

“Yeah, it’s true and I don’t care. Yonghwa isn’t in it for the money since he knows I won’t take a cent from my father. I don’t care what he does; I’m not coming back here. Forget the damn company. I know it took you and my grandparents a lot of effort to get it where it is today, but I won’t come back to father just so he can use me to make money. Where is he?”

“He’s in his office. Honey, I’m proud of you for taking that decision. While I would prefer for you to live comfortably, love is worth it. I married your father against your grandfather’s wishes and it all worked out. Please look at why your father is doing this. He’s been poor before and he just wants you to live a better life than he did. Try not to make him mad alright?” Seohyun’s mother asked sweetly. Seohyun almost felt proud to have that woman as her mother for once. Never had she been more grateful for her mother’s words than at that moment.

“Ah, I see you finally have come around,” Seohyun’s father stated as she walked into the office. “Let’s cut to the chase, I need you to come back here now. Enough of this little game of yours with that Yonghwa kid. If this is just a phase, then end it soon. I can’t have him tainting our family name. Seung Ri is more than willing to take you back.” Seohyun scoffed at her father’s words. It was unbelievable to her just how much of a prick the man who raised her was.

“And then you wonder why Soo Hyun oppa left this house…” Seohyun scoffed once more. “Seung Ri? Ha, you’re a barrel of laughs aren’t you father? Did you get the whole story from that piece of trash or did he just feed you a bunch of bull you wanted to hear?”

“Watch your language, wench. You’re still my daughter and you have to respect me.”

“You want me to come back here since you’re afraid the company will fall in the hands of another director right? Well, news flash, I don’t give a rat’s . Yeah, I’m cursing in front of you. Yeah, I’m disrespecting you. So what? You may be the man who brought me into this world, but you’re no father to me. I should have left with Soo Hyun oppa years ago.”

“Don’t mention that ungrateful bastard’s name in this house!” the older man barked. “Soo Hyun earned his troubles on his own. How hard was it to dump that stupid that just wanted his money? The same goes for you Seohyun.” If the man in front of her wasn’t larger than her, Seohyun was sure he would be on the ground with a few cuts and bruises.

“You know what father, I think this conversation is over with. I see you just called me here to waste my time. It was nice seeing you, at least it was for half a second. Go find someone else to convert into a puppet of your company, because Seo Joohyun won’t.” Seohyun turned her back to the man who was currently on the verge of going berserk. Seohyun had never been so disrespectful in her life, but she couldn’t take it anymore. There was no reason for him to insult Yonghwa.

“Remember this day dear daughter. When the time comes for when you need me, the doors to this house will be open for you. I can assure you with 100% certainty that you will come back to me on your knees, begging for me to take you back. Enjoy your time with that rat while you can. I’ll be waiting for you,” her father evilly laughed. “You wanted the last laugh, too bad. You’re not getting it.” For some reason, Seohyun couldn’t help but feel extremely threatened by her father’s words. If he was speaking with such confidence, he would most definitely be taking some sort of drastic action.

“Seung Ri,” the angry man spoke into the phone. “It seems my daughter still hasn’t come to her senses. I’ve heard about your little affair with the daughter of the Kim family. Shall I even be willing to trust you after that?”

“Don’t worry about that , she’s out of my hair for now,” Seung Ri’s voice assured from the phone. “Seohyun has been pretty angry with me for what I did. Are you sure it would be wise to take action now? She will obviously know it was us if we do anything to that Yonghwa bastard.”

“Go on with your plans. I’ll be sure that Seohyun comes back to me on her knees. Just keep me posted on whatever happens,” the older man ordered. “I will assume you will not hurt my daughter during this. I may need you to get her back to my side, but remember, she’s still my daughter. I don’t want to have to get rid of you as well.”

“Don’t worry father, everything is under control. Tomorrow, Jung Yonghwa will realize he shouldn’t have messed with someone of such a high standing. I shall report to you tomorrow after school ends. I’m sure you will love the results. Have a good night, father-in-law.” Seohyun’s arrogant father set the phone down with a cocky smirk on his face. He waited eagerly for the moment when he brought his daughter in and humiliated her as she begged for forgiveness.

“You picked with the wrong person to mess with, little girl.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Comon Seohyun, tell me how it went last night,” Yonghwa requested for the tenth time that day. Ever since Seohyun had come home the night before, she had avoided the topic completely. Yonghwa needed to know what she was going through, but she didn’t seem to be giving in any time soon. “Didn’t we say we would trust each other? I can’t do that if you won’t tell me what happened.”

“My father wanted me to come back and get ready to take over the company. All the investors are mad that he doesn’t have an heir and they’ve been getting on his back,” Seohyun finally explained. “He just called me there to waste my time.” Seohyun refrained from telling Yonghwa about the menacing threat her father had given her as she was walking out of the room.

“Is that all? Were you okay? Should I have gone with you?” Yonghwa bombarded her with worried questions.

“I’m fine Yonghwa. Nothing else happened. I’m not going to go beg my father like he says I will. I can’t deal with him anymore. I know for a fact he will never change his ways. Comon, let’s hurry to class. I’m sure Kim seonsaeng won’t be happy if we’re late to biology,” Seohyun pointed out. Yonghwa stared at her with prodding eyes. He wasn’t buying her explanation, but she decided it was best to avoid talking about her father any more than they had to.

“Hey guys,” Min Jung greeted. “Did everything go well last night? You guys dashed out of my house and never came back.”

“Yeah, Min Jung we’re fine. So where are you headed now?” Seohyun asked, hoping to change the subject.

“I went to go turn in my univ-“ Min Jung would have completed her sentence and explained she was turning in her university papers to the school’s office, but a vicious glare from Yonghwa stopped her. She totally forgot that she had to keep quiet about universities, at least until Yonghwa figured out a way to let Seohyun go to Seoul National.  “Uh, turn in a lab report, hehe. Yeah, gotta love chemistry huh?” Seohyun gave Min Jung a funny look at her strange behavior, but just passed it off as Min Jung being Min Jung.

“Jung Yonghwa-shi?” asked a man wearing a suit that suddenly appeared in front of them. “I’m prosecutor Lee In Sung of the Seoul police department’s division on drug trafficking.”

“Yeah, that’s me. Is there something wrong?” Yonghwa responded politely. The man beckoned for two other men dressed in a similar manner to come to his side. Suddenly, Min Jung and Seohyun were lightly shoved out of the way in order for them to grab hold of Yonghwa. “What’s going on?”

“Jung Yonghwa-shi, you are under arrest for the possession of a large quantity of illegal drugs, as well as for the trafficking of said substances. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say or do can be used against you in a court of law. Please follow us peacefully or we will have to resort to using violent methods,” the man known as Lee In Sung stated.

“Wait, what’s going on here? I have no idea what you people are even talking about.” Min Jung and Seohyun were left speechless as they quietly followed their friend being arrested inside the school.

“Save it for the judge kid. Everyone says they’re innocent,” one of the men holding him mocked. “You two! Stop following us or else we will also take measures against you. If you wish to see this guy before he gets thrown in jail, come to the police station. Until the investigation is over, he will be held there. Now, if you will excuse us, we are very busy people. It’s not every day you catch a big fish like this guy.”

“Big fish? What are you talking about? Yonghwa doesn’t do any of that stuff,” Min Jung tried to convince the men. “You’re getting the wrong guy.”

“The evidence speaks for itself miss,” the prosecutor stated calmly. “I don’t make the laws, I just enforce them. Kindly move out of the way or else we will have to arrest you as well.” Min Jung and Seohyun backed off as it would not be good for them to also be caught up in this mess.

“Yonghwa, we’ll get you out of there, don’t worry!” Seohyun yelled from across the hallway. “Min Jung do you have any idea what’s going on here?”

“I have no idea what just happened. Yonghwa a drug dealer? That’s beyond preposterous. Let’s go talk to Principal Kang about it. I’m sure he will know what to do.”

 

 

Author’s Note: Anyone else think of Hoot by SNSD when they read the title. Well there’s more than just three troubles now. There’s Seohyun not getting into the university she wanted, Seung Ri being a , her dad being a bastard, and now Yonghwa being thrown in jail. Hopefully our wonderful couple can get out of this one without much problem. Things are about to get heated, and I’m sure it will be enjoyable for everyone. Also, sorry for being so pessimistic all the time about my writing. I’ve seen a lot of people telling me to like my writing a bit more and I will start doing so. Hopefully nobody sees this couple as the byuntae couple hehe. They're just playing around at the beginning. This story won't be rated for that kind of stuff. Maybe one day after 1-2 more stories, I,ll try it.

p.s. Yes Seohyun's brother is named Soo Hyun. No he is not Kim Soo Hyun from Dream High. His name just fits the family name that Seohyun has. Since siblings in Korean families tend to have similar names, I thought Soo Hyun fit very well with Joohyun/Seohyun.