An Unexpected White Day

I'm a Loner

Chapter 27 – An Unexpected White Day

 

 

Another three weeks went by as if it were just three days, with no progress for the fake couple. Min Jung enjoyed her time with her ‘boyfriend’ but every day she would tell herself that it was just a sham and not to get too excited. Even though it was fake, she enjoyed every second of it. Yonghwa watched as she flashed that genuine smile of hers whenever they went on ‘dates’ and the guilt inside him consumed him even more. As much as they looked like a real couple, it didn’t seem as if they were getting any closer to achieving their goal. To an outsider it would seem as if the Seung Ri/Seohyun couple was trying to outdo the Yonghwa/Min Jung couple in terms of dates. When one couple went on a date, the other did. When one person received a gift, the same would happen in the other couple.

At home, no progress was made either. Although Yonghwa could interact with Seohyun on a daily basis, Seohyun would have none of it. They each believed they were happy with their respective people so they stayed away from each other. Their jealousy for one another blinded them, preventing them from seeing the truth. Yonghwa wished he could end the fakeness and just go out with Seohyun already. He couldn’t bear to see her by Seung Ri’s side and see Min Jung suffering because of him. Sadly, it didn’t seem as if that would be happening anytime soon. College entrance exams were in a week and the two did nothing but study their brains out, meaning interaction was cut down to almost zero.

“Hey,” Yonghwa greeted Seohyun as she got back from a date with Seung Ri. “How was your day?” It was rather strange for Yonghwa to be asking someone how their day was so both him and Seohyun felt awkward about it. Seohyun acted as if she didn’t hear his greeting and walked towards the restroom. She told herself she had to stay as far away from Yonghwa as possible to let him and Min Jung have happiness. In essence, Yonghwa’s plan was completely backfiring and not making Seohyun jealous. Of course she was jealous but she was too nice to act on it.

“Seohyun, I asked you a question,” Yonghwa pointed out as she kept walking. Once again, Seohyun ignored his question and pretended to do something else. “Look at me when I’m talking to you!” The sudden yell made her turn around and see Yonghwa’s angry face.

“What is it?” she responded in a sassy voice. “I don’t have time for your talking Yonghwa. College entrance exams are in a week and I need to study.”

“Saying hi to me is going to take away enough time for you to not get into college?” he asked sarcastically. He didn’t know why he was getting so worked up, but he wasn’t planning on backing down. “Why have you been avoiding me these past few weeks? It feels like it’s been a month since we last had a normal conversation.”

“Yonghwa, don’t ask me something like that. If memory serves me right, you’re the one who started it after winter break ended. Don’t come crying to me about this since you’re no saint in this problem either. Leave me alone, I have better things to do.” Before Seohyun could get away, Yonghwa grabbed her arm forcefully and held her back. The startled girl suppressed her surprised state and shot him an acid filled glare instead.

“Don’t give me that glare Seohyun,” Yonghwa ordered. “What is wrong? Tell me what I did wrong to make you so angry with me. Aren’t we friends? I even told people that asked that you were my best friend. Is it so wrong of me to want to talk to you?” Once she heard his question, her gaze softened and she calmed herself down a bit. She had to admit that she was being very childish with him lately, but she couldn’t help it. If she got closer to him, it would only bring her closer to stealing away Min Jung’s happiness. Unbeknownst to her, that’s exactly what Min Jung and Yonghwa wanted.

“I’m sorry I’ve been like that but these exams have me really stressed out,” she lied. “I know I’ve been pretty mean these past few weeks, but I can’t let these exams slide. If I fail, then I will be screwed for life. It’s bad enough that my dad isn’t supporting me anymore, so I can’t screw this up. If I don’t get into the school I want, then there’s going to be no hope for me in the future.” Yonghwa believed her excuse for not speaking to him, but he hardly found it worthy to break up someone’s friendship.

“Is it because of Min Jung?” Yonghwa asked in hopes he could get her to confess she was jealous.

“Is what because of Min Jung?”

“Are you being bratty and mean to me because I’m going out with Min Jung? Ever since Valentine’s Day you’ve been acting like this and I never could understand why. You weren’t worrying about entrance exams back then so there has to be something else,” Yonghwa reasoned hopefully. “I know that sounds kind of weird, but is that why? Are you jealous of Min Jung?”

“Do you want to know the truth Jung Yonghwa?” Seohyun asked forcefully. “Yeah, I’m jealous of Min Jung. Is that what you wanted to hear?”

“Really?!” Yonghwa asked in a voice that sounded happy she was jealous. Once she threw him a confused look, he coughed awkwardly and threw on a more serious expression. “In what way?”

“Seohyun! Tell him you’re jealous of them going out! Tell him!” A voice in her head kept repeating those words over and over. Seohyun knew all too well what she was jealous of, but her conscience kept telling her to not listen to that voice. The voice in her head conveyed her true feelings, but she kept telling herself that she would never act on them. “I’m jealous because… because she’s taking away my best friend.” Yonghwa’s face became even more serious once he heard her explanation.

“Because she’s taking away your friend huh?” he asked dejectedly.

“Yeah hehe,” she responded nervously. “I mean, it’s not like I’m jealous of you two going out. I’m happy you guys are together and I would never be jealous of that. Lately though, you’re only hanging out with Min Jung and I never get to see you. Ever since you started dating her and I started going out with Seung Ri more, we hardly ever talk anymore. I’m sorry for being jealous.”

“Don’t worry, to be honest I’m jealous of Seung Ri too. The same goes for me in that situation. You’ve been going out with him so much and I never get to talk to you. Seems like we’re both in the same boat don’t you think?” While Yonghwa wasn’t exactly lying, he wasn’t telling the truth either. In fact both were super jealous of one another, but not for the reasons they gave each other. Still, for both of them, it was a step in the right direction. Yonghwa took comfort in the fact that Seohyun still felt some sort of jealousy for his relationship. He supposed that was better than nothing.

“Do you think we could go back to being like we were before Valentine’s Day?”

“I would like that,” Yonghwa responded with a small smile. It wasn’t exactly the progress he wanted, but it was definitely something. After all, some progress was better than no progress. Both of the teenagers were happy to once again be on good terms, even if they wouldn’t admit it. Now if they could only admit they were jealous of each other for different reasons, then there wouldn’t be so many problems in their lives.

“Do you want to study together? Well, you probably don’t need to, but I sure as hell do,” Seohyun joked. Everyone pretty much assumed that Yonghwa would get into every school he wanted to without even trying. It was a given fact almost. While he was sure that he could pass any exam with flying colors, he still studied as it never hurt to be prepared.

“Yeah, I’ll study with you. After all, you probably could use some tutoring. I’ve seen your calculus work and some of it is just atrocious,” he teased. “Let me go bring out my stuff and we can get started.” Yonghwa dashed to grab his stack of books, leaving Seohyun to smile at him from behind. It felt good to finally be back on good terms with the person she loved. Although she wished they could be more than friends, it was enough for her for the moment.

“So, what universities are you going to take the test for?” Seohyun asked once he was back with what seemed like a hundred textbooks. “Is there any in particular that you want to go to?”

“There’s only one that I want to go to. I know I should have some safety nets, but there’s only one that I’m going to take the exam for. It’s not just because of the name of the school, but ever since I was a kid I told myself I would go there eventually. Once my mom started getting too sick to work, I promised her I would graduate from that university and become someone that could take care of her properly,” Yonghwa explained with confidence. The strength and resolve that radiated from him at that moment almost had Seohyun awestricken. She supposed he really wanted to go to whatever university he was talking about and she knew he would get in with his determination.

“What university is that?”

“Seoul National University,” he stated. “I know it’s the most prestigious university in our country, but I want to get into it. I not only want to go there, I have to go there.”

“Wow, that’s such a coincidence. I really want to go there too. I guess I will be competing with you for the chance to go there then,” Seohyun cut in. “You know they only give our school two seats for that university? Many students from the school we go to now used to all go to the top universities by buying their way in. Eventually the government stepped in and now Seoul National University is only allowed to admit two students from our school.”

“That seems rather unfair,” Yonghwa pointed out. “Leave it to the rich people to screw up life some more… Well, everyone says we’re the smartest people in the school, so those seats rightfully belong to us don’t they? I mean, who else can get a higher score than us on that exam. Since we both want to go to that university so bad, I know we will both get in.”

“Yeah, now that I know you’re aiming for that university, I’ll try even harder to pass that exam. I guess I’ll be annoying you all the time when we graduate from high school too,” Seohyun joked.  Now that she knew that Yonghwa would be applying to the same university she wanted to go to since she was a little girl, there was no way she would let anyone stand in her way. She would get into Seoul National University no matter how much studying she had to do. She already knew that Yonghwa would get in without a problem. Seohyun still knew she would have to beat the next smartest person in their grade, Uee. Min Jung was now the 2nd place at their school, leaving Seohyun in 3rd place and Uee in 4th place. However, Min Jung was a Japanese citizen and it would be much harder for her to apply to a Korean school through the normal process.

“Yeah, I guess I’ll be seeing your pretty face for at least four more years,” Yonghwa teased back. Seohyun stopped giggling once she heard Yonghwa call her pretty and stared at him with a confused look. Yonghwa continued to laugh until he realized what he had just said and awkwardly focused his attention on the book in front of him. He cursed himself for saying stupid things, but he was much too happy to have Seohyun back at his side to care.

“What are you and Min Jung going to do when we graduate?” Seohyun asked in a serious voice. She wanted to avoid the topic of Yonghwa’s new ‘girlfriend’ but the curiosity kept eating her up inside. “Is she going to stay here and go to a Korean university or will she go back home?”

“Min Jung is going to go back home after graduating,” Yonghwa stated without much feeling in his voice.

“And are you going to break up with her?” Seohyun asked hopefully. It killed her to want to break up two of her good friends, but she didn’t feel too guilty. After what Yoona told her almost a month back, she realized she shouldn’t feel sorry for loving someone. Even if she did feel sorry, it’s not like she could do anything about it.

“I really don’t know,” he stated in his emotionless voice. Seohyun supposed he had no emotion in it because he was upset Min Jung would be leaving him. In reality it was emotionless because he didn’t really care if Min Jung broke up with him. Of course Min Jung was someone important to him, but he didn’t love her. “She’s going to go to the University of Tokyo since her dad is the director of the hospital there. Min Jung is really smart and the University of Tokyo is the best school in all of Asia. Going there is like winning the lottery. If I had the money and a way to apply, I would go there in a flash.”

“So you guys are going to keep a long distance relationship?” Seohyun continued to prod. “Sorry I’m asking so many questions. I’m just a little worried about you guys.” What she was saying wasn’t a total lie, but she wasn’t completely telling the truth either.

“I guess so? I haven’t really talked to her about it,” Yonghwa lied. Min Jung and he had already planned out everything already. In their plans, Yonghwa and Seohyun would end up together before graduation, thus the need to keep the long distance relationship would be avoided. “She’s going to be in Tokyo and I’ll be here in Seoul. I don’t think we can keep it up for long, especially at a university where we will be surrounded by so many new people. I think we might just break it off.”

If Seohyun didn’t have common sense she would have jumped for joy right then and there. Now she had even more of a reason to get into Seoul National University. If Min Jung and Yonghwa broke up, then Seohyun would definitely have a chance with Yonghwa if they saw each other at the university often enough. “That’s really sad, but you’ll find someone else eventually right? If you guys break up then it means you’re meant to be with someone else. I hope you guys aren’t too sad about it. Or are you ever planning to go to Tokyo with her?”

“Like I told you, if I could go to Tokyo and study there, I would do it in a heartbeat. The University of Tokyo is like a billion times better than any school in Korea. Well not really, but you know what I mean. I’m definitely aiming for Seoul National, but if there was a way for me to go to Tokyo I would do it. Not just because Min Jung would be there, but because I would be so much closer to accomplishing my dreams.” After his statement, Seohyun felt a bit foolish. Of course she was aiming for Seoul National University because it was the best in Korea, but she was also trying to go there because of someone she loved. Yonghwa was only thinking about how his future would be affected by his decision and not just letting his heart lead him.

“So, you know White Day is on the day of the exam right? Next Saturday, March 14th,” Seohyun asked shyly.

“What the heck is White Day?” Yonghwa asked. Of course he knew what White Day was, but he wanted to keep the conversation going with Seohyun about it. Since the girl in front of him thought he never celebrated holidays, he knew she would buy his lies.

“You don’t know what White Day is..?” she asked in a disbelieving voice. Yonghwa shook his head in response, leaving Seohyun to explain it. “Wow, you really haven’t lived in this world have you? Well, White Day is the opposite of Valentine’s Day. Guys will give girls candy or gifts in response to what they got on Valentine’s. If you received friendship chocolates, then you give the girl back some friendship candy. If you got a special box of chocolates from someone, you have to get the girl a gift.”

“You mean I have to buy like a thousand boxes of candy for all those annoying fangirls of mine?” Yonghwa asked in fake surprise. “Screw that! If I do buy anything it will only be for people I actually somewhat care about, like Yoona and Hara.”

“Why do you have to brag about your heartbreaking Yonghwa?” Seohyun joked. “Comon, not all of us are blessed with being as charming as you.” Seohyun was taking full advantage of the situation to let her feelings show without being found out. She was happy that she brought up White Day since it let her express her feelings as much as she could. After the conversation died down a little, the pair turned their attention to their books like they were supposed to.

“Hmm, I just realized something,” Yonghwa spoke up, breaking the silence. “What should I get you? I don’t know what to get you since you kinda never gave me anything,” he pointed out shyly. “How should I know what to get you?”

“I don’t know…” Seohyun trailed off. “I guess nothing? I don’t know why I didn’t give you anything but, I know I should have.” She knew exactly why she hadn’t given him anything, but she couldn’t confess that. “I don’t think I would be fair for me to receive anything from you since I never gave you anything.”

“What do you want?” he asked, completely ignoring her suggestion.

“I told you already, I don’t deserve anything.”

“If that’s what you really want, fine,” he replied reluctantly. He didn’t care what she said to him, he still was going to buy her something. Although he also needed to get Min Jung a gift, he couldn’t leave Seohyun without one either.

“So can we get to studying or do you want to fail the exams next week? I don’t want to have to see Uee go to school with me every day,” Seohyun joked.

“Same goes for you. You have to pass the exam since I don’t want to see Uee either,” Yonghwa laughed back. “Promise me you’ll go Seoul National University with me.” Yonghwa stuck out his pinky towards her, motioning for her to do the same. “Pinky promise?”

“Yeah, pinky promise,” she responded happily. With her agreement, they locked pinkies and sealed the deal. That motion represented that they were committed to passing the exam and they would lose to nobody.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As expected, Jung Yonghwa blew through the entrance exam as if it were just ten questions long. Yonghwa wanted to keep his cocky attitude hidden, but the test was just too easy for him. If he didn’t get a perfect score on it, then the examiners were playing tricks on him. He felt there was no way for him to not get into the university of his dreams now. Unfortunately for him, he still had two hours remaining in the examination period and he had nothing else to do. Seohyun was still inside taking the test and Min Jung wasn’t going to come until after the test was over. While sitting on a bench in front of their school, he remembered that today was White Day and he still hadn’t gotten any gifts for anyone.

“I still have almost two hours to kill,” he told himself while staring at his watch. “Might as well go buy something now.” Yonghwa lazily stood up from the wooden bench and made his way to the closest shopping area he could find. He absolutely hated going shopping, but he couldn’t let an important day go by without a gift. Slowly but surely, he found his way into a busy area that reminded him of Myungdong or at least the Myungdong that he had seen on T.V. in dramas.

“Young man!” called an ahjumma across the street. “Are you shopping for White Day? I have just  the things in my shop for you.” Since he was lost anyways, he supposed it was best for the ahjumma to help him out. The excited ahjumma led him into the shop as he looked around for something to get to fit the occasion. “What is it that you’re looking for? Something for a special lady?”

“Yeah, I guess,” he responded unenthusiastically. The ahjumma had quite an array of jewelry in her store and it was confusing for him to look around since he had no idea what to look for. It was the first time in his life that he did this, so he needed all the help he could get.

“For White Day, I suggest a necklace or bracelet. Women these days seem to be very attracted to anything that has diamonds in it. Well, since you’re a high school student, diamonds may be a bit too far out of your reach,” the ahjumma teased. If he wasn’t wearing his Daewon uniform, he would have assumed the older woman was judging him for being poor.

“Diamonds huh?” he responded while still being dumbfounded by the large numbers of shiny trinkets. He still didn’t even know who he was getting the gift for. In his heart he knew he wanted to give Seohyun the special gift, but his brain told him Min Jung was the one deserving of the gift. “Is there anything that would look like diamonds but a little cheaper?”

“Yes, these right here are all made of stones that resemble diamonds,” the middle-aged woman answered helpfully. “I’m sure these would be more than perfect for what you’re looking for. If you need anything else, I’ll be at the register. I hope I was of some help.” Yonghwa bowed slightly as the woman left him to inspect the glass cases himself. His eyes scanned the jewels carefully, but he still couldn’t find anything to his liking. Just then, one piece caught his eye. A necklace shaped like a half moon called out to him, as if it was asking him to buy it. The moon was made of what he thought was silver and the borders of it had stones that looked like diamonds.

“This moon…” he mumbled to himself. Yonghwa then remembered that whenever he was at the swing with Seohyun, she would always compliment the moon and talk to it as if it were a real person. He thought she was crazy for doing so, but she just ignored his insults. Her explanation was that she felt she had to thank it for lighting up the dark night for humans to see. He also remembered she quoted some drama line that said that the moon was good because it used light from the sun that would otherwise be wasted. Immediately he knew the moon would be perfect. To him, Seohyun was the light in the darkness that helped him see when he needed it the most. If the moon pendant wasn’t the definition of perfect, he didn’t know what was.

“Ahjumma, I’ll take this moon shaped one.” The woman made her way to the case he stood in front of and took the necklace from its resting place. After wrapping it up carefully, she handed it over to him with a smile.

“That’ll be 100,000 won (Roughly US$100),” the kind old woman told him.

“The tag says 200,000 won though,” Yonghwa corrected her.

“You can’t put a price on love dear. I can see it in your eyes; you love the person that you’re going to give this to don’t you? I’ve seen so many young men come in here and ask for the most extravagant pieces of jewelry I have, but they never have the pure intentions I feel from you. I can tell you’re giving this to someone as if you were giving your heart away,” the ahjumma explained. “Why should I charge you 100,000 won more? I’m here to make a living, but even I can’t put a price on love.”

“Ahjumma… kamsahamnida!” Yonghwa thanked. “Thank you so much.”

“You don’t need to thank me dear, it’s the least I can do. In my 40 years of selling these things, I haven’t seen someone as deeply in love as you are,” the woman pointed out. “Back then, everyone would give each other things like this with only love in mind. Nowadays, everyone just gets the most expensive thing because they think that’s love. It seems that even you can’t realize how much you love that girl, but trust me, you love her a lot. You seem to be someone that tries to hide their feelings, but you can’t hide anything from me. It’s written all over your face.”

If the woman hadn’t just given him the necklace at half the price, he wouldn’t have let her creepy analysis slide. To be honest, he wanted to believe the words that the woman told him. It was rather strange that someone could read him so easily, but maybe she just had that power. Yonghwa knew he did a very good job at hiding what his true feelings were. If the woman could figure him out at first glance, she must be psychic or something. “Ahjumma, thank you once more. I’ll definitely use this necklace in the way you want it to be used.”

“Thank you for putting my necklace to good use young man. I hope everything goes well for you.” Yonghwa bowed once more before heading out the door of her store. It wasn’t until he was two minutes from the school that he realized how stupid he was being. He had bought the necklace while thinking of Seohyun, but what about Min Jung? Seohyun clearly told him to not give her a gift, yet he had bought one for her anyways. Min Jung, the person who did need a gift from him, wasn’t even in his thoughts when he bought the necklace.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“How was the exam?” Min Jung asked worriedly when she met Yonghwa in the courtyard in front of the school. “Was it hard?”

“Not really, I thought it was pretty easy. I don’t want to be cocky, but I think I’m pretty much guaranteed to get into that university now,” Yonghwa replied confidently. “How have you been today?” Yonghwa was glad he could be very natural with Min Jung without any awkwardness. Of course it was awkward when they had to act in front of everyone at school, but when they were alone they acted like really good friends.

“Today has been pretty boring. I wish I could have taken the test with you guys just so I could be there for you. I just had to be from another country didn’t I?” Min Jung cutely pouted.

“You actually want to take a test? You’re freaking crazy aren’t you?” Yonghwa asked mockingly. Once Min Jung got over her slight pout, the fake couple burst out laughing. Unfortunately for them, Seohyun was coming out of the building while they shared their fit of laughter. Seohyun thought it was best to let them come look for her rather than interrupting them, so she stayed away from them for a bit.

“Oh, what’s that in your hand?” Min Jung asked in curiosity. Yonghwa noticed Seohyun coming out of the building from the corner of his eye and ditched his initial plan. It was stupid to think that he could confess to her with the necklace, so he dropped the thought. Instead he went through with his original plan to make her jealous since it seemed more feasible.

“Oh, this is a gift for giving me the chocolates on Valentine’s,” he replied in a false happy voice. “It’s kind of awkward for me to do this, but can you still accept it?” Yonghwa brought the small box in plain sight and revealed the necklace he bought a few hours back.

“Omo! Yonghwa, are you serious? Aw, I love it,” Min Jung replied happily. Even though she knew it was all an act, she ignored those thoughts for that moment. Min Jung knew it would hurt her more if she let herself believe it was real, but she couldn’t help herself. It was just too perfect for her to pass up. “Did you get the moon because of me?”

“What do you mean?” Yonghwa asked lamely.

“My Japanese name is Mizuki remember? I know you’re so good at Japanese so you know that it means ‘Beautiful Moon’ right?” Min Jung asked eagerly. Yonghwa hated to get her spirits up so high only to eventually bring them down, but he was stuck.

“Yeah, it’s because of you,” he lied. “Of course I got it thinking of you.” Yonghwa walked behind her as he took the necklace out of its box and placed it on her neck. “Happy White Day Min Jung.”

“Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” Min Jung cried happily while jumping up and down. “It’s perfect and I love it. Thanks a ton!”

“I’m glad you like it,” Yonghwa replied in a regretful voice. A glance to his side told him that Seohyun had watched the whole thing, accomplishing his goal. “Hey, I have to head to the bathroom really fast, so go find Seohyun and ask her how it went. I’ll be right back.” Min Jung nodded in agreement and allowed her boyfriend to answer nature’s call.

“Oh, Seohyun!” Min Jung yelled out to the girl in the distance. “How was the test?” she asked once she was done running up to Seohyun. “Was it hard?”

“Yeah, it was definitely harder than I expected, but I think I will be fine. I feel like everyone else who took the test felt even worse than I did about it,” Seohyun explained. “I’m sure that nerd Yonghwa is guaranteed a spot since he finished much faster than anyone else did.”

“As long as you both get in,” Min Jung replied happily. If she was completely honest with herself, she was sad that she was helping the man she loved to be with someone else. However, she knew it was Seohyun who deserved to stand next to Yonghwa and she couldn’t steal that spot from her. “Did you see the necklace Yonghwa gave me for White Day? It’s so perfect and I love it!”

“Yeah, I saw it. It’s really pretty,” Seohyun replied sadly. “I would have punched Yonghwa if he hadn’t given you anything for White Day.”

“Well, well, look what we have here. If it isn’t the loser brigade,” a bitter voice called from their side. “So that piece of trash Yonghwa finally got someone to love him huh?”

“Uee…” Seohyun growled. “What the hell do you want? Get the hell out of here if you don’t want to get hurt.” Seohyun was never a violent person, but ever since Uee had hurt Yonghwa so much, she couldn’t let her insults slide. Min Jung had heard of Uee, but she never experienced her evil first hand. However, Min Jung wasn’t as passive as Seohyun. If she felt the need, she would fight tooth and nail to protect what was hers.

“So you’re the infamous Uee? Glad to finally meet you,” Min Jung responded in a venomous voice. “Who the hell do you think you are to call Yonghwa something like that? Mind telling me who made you queen of this country?”

“Seohyun, it seems like your little group still hasn’t fully realized who their superiors are have they?” Uee asked in an insulting voice. “Look here new girl, I don’t care if you like me or not, but I demand respect from someone like you. If you’re tagging along with that poor guy Yonghwa, then you must be equally as trashy as him. Why don’t you get out of my way? Your mere presence makes me feel dirty.”

“Oh, is that so?” Min Jung asked with a smirk. “Well then, since I don’t feel like getting out of your way, why don’t I move you out of mine?” With a cocky look on her face Min Jung rushed forward towards Uee and quickly grabbed hold of her ankles. With a forceful pull, Min Jung successfully brought Uee crashing down on her . “There, you’re out of my way now. Is that better, your highness?” Min Jung asked in a voice dripping with sarcasm.

“Min Jung…” Seohyun mumbled in surprise. “Why did you do that?”

“This thinks she can get away with whatever she wants? Forget that! She’s nothing but a that thinks she can get away with anything just because she’s pretty and rich,” Min Jung complained angrily. “Look here, Miss Queen Bee, I’m rich too and I’m pretty too, where the hell is my medal? You’re not special so stay out of my way alright?”

“You!” Uee yelled as she stood up to dust herself off. “How dare you attack me like that!? If that’s how you want to play then let’s do it.” Min Jung let a chuckle come out once Uee rushed at her in hopes to attack. Min Jung caught Uee’s hand as it was about to strke her face almost effortlessly.

“You thought you could touch me with something like that?” Min Jung asked assertively.

“What the heck are you? You caught my hand without even looking at me,” Uee pointed out in a surprised voice. The evil girl tried in vain to pull herself out of Min Jung’s tight grasp, but Min Jung wouldn’t have it.

“You want to know who I am? Lee Min Jung, half Korean, half Japanese girl from Tokyo, Japan; 7th degree blackbelt in traditional Taekwondo and 8th degree blackbelt in Shotokan Karate. Now do you see why I can see through your ridiculous excuse for an attack? Shall I demonstrate the difference in our skills right now?” Both Uee and Seohyun stared at Min Jung with looks of complete surprise. Neither of them had any idea that Min Jung was such a skilled fighter. To be anything higher than a 1st or 2nd degree blackbelt in anything at their age was an unthinkable feat.

“L-le-let me go right now!” Uee commanded in a fearful voice. “I have lawyers you know!” Min Jung felt like laughing at the frightened girl in front of her, but in the end decided against it. It was against the strict and disciplined code she followed as a martial artist to use her techniques against someone thousands of times weaker than her.

“Let her go Min Jung,” Yonghwa ordered from behind the three girls. They all turned to see the angry looking young man approach them. Without hesitation, he took his hand and roughly broke the grasp Min Jung had on Uee.

“Yonghwa what are you doing?” Seohyun asked in confusion. “Why are you saving Uee?”

“Seohyun, I’m not going to answer that question right now. What you should ask yourselves is why you’re ganging up on her,” he answered sternly. “Uee, are you alright?”

“I’m fine!” she responded sassily as she rubbed her hand. “You are all a bunch of trashy gangsters that can’t even act civilized. I don’t even know why people like you are allowed to exist.” It never ceased to amaze Seohyun how much of a Uee could be. Yonghwa had just saved her and he was still receiving insults from her end.

“Yu Jin, Min Jung, Seohyun, and Yonghwa, all of you are in some deep trouble,” a new voice spoke up. “Since you all love to use your force to solve your problems, I’ll put that force to good use. You are all going to clean up the bathrooms and classrooms on the first floor of the school today, no exceptions. The voice that came from the woman could only belong to their oh so favorite math teacher, Shi seonsaeng.

“What!? I did nothing in this situation! I’m innocent,” cried Uee.

“Yeah, tell that to the cameras that caught you trying to hit Min Jung. Anyways, I have to go tell the janitors that they have the day off today. Have fun cleaning up after everyone,” the cold teacher replied with a smile. Soon enough the four students made their way into the building, ready to clean for the mess they caused.

“Uee, leave now,” Yonghwa ordered. “You don’t have to clean up with us so just go.”

“Yonghwa what the hell are you doing?” Min Jung asked angrily. “She’s the main reason this happened to us so why are you helping her?”

“Dearest Min Jung,” Uee began sarcastically. “It’s obvious that Yonghwa still has feelings for me isn’t that right Yonghwa-shi? Well, I would love to stay and clean up like a poor person, but I think you three are more suitable for that. Thanks for the fun, I’ll be going now. Oh, and don’t forget to leave the toilets sparkling clean.”

“Min Jung, leave her alone,” Yonghwa commanded. “I’ll clean the bathrooms; you guys get started on the classrooms.” With his last order, Yonghwa disappeared, leaving Min Jung and Seohyun to wonder why he had just saved Uee.

 

 

Author’s Note: Hmm, long chapter here. Wasn’t planning on it being so long, but once I made Uee get her kicked, I just couldn’t stop writing. Did anyone else enjoy her humiliation as much as I did? From now on, we shall be seeing our wonderful Queen Bee much more involved in the story. As Yonghwa and Seohyun get closer and closer to being together, Uee and her BFF Seung Ri will make more appearances in the future. I would have been happy to make White Day also the day Yonghwa confessed, but nah, I still gotta wait for that. As for the reason why Yonghwa saved Uee, you will have to wait for a future chapter for that. There will be a chapter where everything concerning Uee and Yonghwa will be solved.

Last quick note: I had a few people ask if the story was going to end soon. All I have to say is: LOL NO! Yeah, so don’t worry, I’m not ending this just yet. I will definitely give you guys a big warning once I am.

Last last quick note! Uee haters in the house go Woot Woot!!